> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm not arguing with you what the forums are about. That's just the garden path you decided to go down. MY point still stands ... 'interest' and player speculation aren't reasons for Anet to jump to whatever ideas players have and implement them. THAT'S why a real reason is helpful.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Obviously.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's obvious? Then you shouldn't have a problem understanding why I think this is a bad suggestion.

> > > > >

> > > > > Earning more money from selling skins is bad? Having more diversity in mounts is bad? Ok...

> > > >

> > > > I didn't say those things were bad ... I just don't think you can predict how good they are for the game. I certainly don't think they are important enough to offset whatever Anet is working on to make such change though.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > Just be honest with yourself and admit you were wrong, no need to keep digging a deeper hole.

> >

> > I don't know what you think I should wrong about ... I think the change to make Warclaw better in PVE is not good idea because It don't think it's the bounty of amazing things you claim it will be, especially at the expense of whatever Anet is actually working on.

>

> And I don't think berserker changes were great idea and you didn't see me coming there to your topic and say "Nope, there is no NEED for it"-. If I wanted, I could disagree on you about the suggestions you listed and explain why I don't like them, but saying "No, we don't "NEED" the changes, therefore this is a waste of time and Arenanet doesn't need another of these topics, like they don't already have enough people telling them how to design the game",that would be ridiculous.

Again ... I don't get what your problem is here. We are in this thread, talking about Warclaw, not berserker. If you want to disagree with me on some other thread I made ... I don't think you should be derailing this thread to do it.

The 'selling skins' argument is actually a nonsensical reason to improve warclaw because then the question becomes "Will Anet make more money improving warclaw for PVE AND making a skin for it vs. just making a skin for an already popular PVE mount" ... you don't know if it will ... and you can BET its more work and cost for Anet to choose the improve Warclaw +new skin choice over the existing mount +skin choice. Seems to me if the goal is to get more skin revenue ... the most sensible path is an existing PVE mount skin, not the Warclaw.

As I already mentioned ... we actually don't need Anet to change warclaw to make and sell warclaw skins that people will like and purchase ... ESPECIALLY to change them to be better for PVE.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I'm not arguing with you what the forums are about. That's just the garden path you decided to go down. MY point still stands ... 'interest' and player speculation aren't reasons for Anet to jump to whatever ideas players have and implement them. THAT'S why a real reason is helpful.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Obviously.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's obvious? Then you shouldn't have a problem understanding why I think this is a bad suggestion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Earning more money from selling skins is bad? Having more diversity in mounts is bad? Ok...

> > > > >

> > > > > I didn't say those things were bad ... I just don't think you can predict how good they are for the game. I certainly don't think they are important enough to offset whatever Anet is working on to make such change though.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > Just be honest with yourself and admit you were wrong, no need to keep digging a deeper hole.

> > >

> > > I don't know what you think I should wrong about ... I think the change to make Warclaw better in PVE is not good idea because It don't think it's the bounty of amazing things you claim it will be, especially at the expense of whatever Anet is actually working on.

> >

> > And I don't think berserker changes were great idea and you didn't see me coming there to your topic and say "Nope, there is no NEED for it"-. If I wanted, I could disagree on you about the suggestions you listed and explain why I don't like them, but saying "No, we don't "NEED" the changes, therefore this is a waste of time and Arenanet doesn't need another of these topics, like they don't already have enough people telling them how to design the game",that would be ridiculous.

>

> Again ... I don't get what your problem is here. We are in this thread, talking about Warclaw, not berserker. If you want to disagree with me on some other thread I made ... I don't think you should be derailing this thread to do it.

You kept talking about the "need" until I brought up your topic. Now you don't want me to talk about it, because you are contradicting yourself.

What you think of warclaw in PvE and how it would affect it doesn't matter in this argument. We were discussing your inconsistency. Like I said, you are free to have your opinion on whether warclaw improvement would be a good idea or not (I provided my opinion on it and DON'T WORRY, we can have different opinions on it).

Problem was, you somehow think because there is no "need" for the change, that this is a waste of time and Arenanet has too much to deal with already. And you didn't think this way when you made your topic. So, obviously you are not being fair and honest here.

> The 'selling skins' argument is actually a nonsensical reason to improve warclaw because then the question becomes "Will Anet make more money improving warclaw for PVE AND making a skin for it vs. just making a skin for an already popular PVE mount" ... you don't know if it will ... and you can BET its more work and cost for Anet to choose the improve Warclaw +new skin choice over the existing mount +skin choice.

Again, Arenanet's job to decide. This topic only gives suggestion. You don't know what would happen either, so saying it's nonsensical, it's by itself nonsensical. Popularity changes. One outfit can be popular today, but it might not be next month when other one comes. If warclaw was about as useful as raptor, maybe it would be more popular than raptor? Maybe people would be more willing to buy skins for it? Why would anyone pay 2000 gems for skins now, if the mount is next to useless in PvE and entire point of mounts is to travel faster and reach areas unreachable by foot? So, you have no idea how popular it would be.

Was it worth to design a beetle, design a collection for it and design races for it, when big majority of people still use raptor as their ground mount? Only Arenanet trully knows.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > @"Naxos.2503" said:

> > > > I should say, one of the upside of the warclaw in PvE is that you can get it with Path of Fire, without doing the storyline for it, making it an excellent beginner mounts spoiler-free. I helped one of my guildie get it, and now she can stick to our group while we travel around the map with ease

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's great to hear, I've long been vocal about having the Warclaw as a beginner mount by making it accessable to everyone with the core game.

> > > There is no mastery line for it like other mounts so im sure Anet could make that work.

> > >

> > > As you said now your friend can keep up with mounted groups even with Warclaws diminished speed and if you guys play WvW she can do the same there too.

> > > It's a great beginners mount that could solve some annoying issues players without mounts have to deal with, it's a shame it's just not accessable enough thanks to being locked to PoF.

> > > It should be a core game mount that can serve as a big end game reward and enticement for people to try WvW.

> >

> > I thought obtaining the warclaw through WvW was supposed to be the enticement for people to try that WvW? Giving new players a warclaw and hoping that they will try WvW doesn't seem like it will work out so well, in my opinion.

>

> You misunderstood me.

>

> Warclaw would still have to be earned by playing WvW, the only thing that will change is that you wouldn't need PoF to access it anymore.

> So anyone with a paid or free2play copy of Gw2 would be able to unlock this 1 mount by playing WvW, hence the enticement to try WvW.

Sorry, I suppose that I did misunderstand. Thanks for the clarification. ;)

> @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> This topic only gives suggestion. You don't know what would happen either, so saying it's nonsensical, it's by itself nonsensical.

Right ... and it's poorly thought out suggestion because there hasn't been provided a reason to do it. Actually, we can anticipate pretty well that Anet isn't going to make Warclaw better in PVE just to sell more skins for it because

1. they already have PVE mounts that can sell them skins for less effort

2. not being PVE-useful doesn't prevent Anet from making Warclaw skins to sell

That's not speculation.. those things are true. On the other hand, the idea that Anet improve warclaw to improve Warclaw skin sales at the expense of something else they are working on ... is bordering on a not sensible reason because it's speculative. I mean, I get you don't want to think about 'need' but the reality is that Anet people aren't sitting around waiting for randomly bad ideas to implement from players because they are actually working on things that they determined to be more necessary.

Again, I don't get why me asking for a reason to make this change has made you go to in rant, off topic mode ... but don't worry, I will keep you on topic :wink: If you want to provide a reason for the change other than speculative vague benefits you have already stated, I'm interested to hear about what you think. Otherwise, just keep cracking on about berserker or whatever other random thoughts you fancy.

If you ask me, **all** of the mounts could use tune-ups now and then. I don't care what mode they were originally "meant" for.

Mounts are clearly a money-making opportunity for ArenaNet and a good reason to purchase Path of Fire, so I see no reason not to improve them where sensible. The Warclaw was kind of fun when it was new, but now it just feels hamstrung no matter where I use it. I think it could stand to see some attention, even if only in PvE. Improving existing mounts is the way to go instead of hoping for new ones altogether (only so many hotkeys available).

I see some good arguments about the Warclaw being a good first mount for people, and it being a basic 4-legged beastie only solidifies my desire for it to have a Dolyak or Bull skin made available. It gets people interested in mounts and WvW - what's not to like? Fix it up, make a good thing better.

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> Sounds like neither of you will convince the other... Anyways, I'm pretty sure the only reason warclaw exists in PvE is to get new players to say, "That's cool, how do I get one?" They then research and play WvW to get it and hopefully enjoy the game mode.

That's actually a really good reason to NOT improve it for PVE ... WvW needs to entice all the players it can to try it out.

> @"Josiah.2967" said:

> If you buff the Warclaw to the point it is used in PVE, PVE players will be upset. I don't think the Warclaw should be usable in PVE in the first place, that would of eliminated this request.

Many PvE players got upset about mounts in the first place.

A few entitled gamers getting upset is a bad reason not to do something cool.

> @"borgs.6103" said:

> Warclaw has the highest disengage damage out of all the mounts in PvE. That's its distinction from the others and in my opinion is on point, with the mount being called _Warclaw_ and all that.

Where did you get this information from? Because according to the GW2 wiki it doesn't have the most damage out of all of the mounts in PvE even with the ravenous discipline mastery unlocked from the raptor.

> @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > Warclaw has the highest disengage damage out of all the mounts in PvE. That's its distinction from the others and in my opinion is on point, with the mount being called _Warclaw_ and all that.

>

> Where did you get this information from? Because according to the GW2 wiki it doesn't have the most damage out of all of the mounts in PvE even with the ravenous discipline mastery unlocked from the raptor.

Yeah I just checked.

They removed the bleeding in PvE too it seems. That was its edge. It does the same damage as raptor now. RIP warclaw.

> @"borgs.6103" said:

> > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > Warclaw has the highest disengage damage out of all the mounts in PvE. That's its distinction from the others and in my opinion is on point, with the mount being called _Warclaw_ and all that.

> >

> > Where did you get this information from? Because according to the GW2 wiki it doesn't have the most damage out of all of the mounts in PvE even with the ravenous discipline mastery unlocked from the raptor.

> Yeah I just checked.

> They removed the bleeding in PvE too it seems. That was its edge. It does the same damage as raptor now. RIP warclaw.

Wow I didn't even know that there used to bleeding damage in PvE before lol. Seems kind of silly to remove it in PvE since PvE is not competitive and I doubt that skill used to be overpowered in PvE. I wonder if the bleeding removal in PvE was intentional.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > This topic only gives suggestion. You don't know what would happen either, so saying it's nonsensical, it's by itself nonsensical.

>

> Right ... and it's poorly thought out suggestion because there hasn't been provided a reason to do it. Actually, we can anticipate pretty well that Anet isn't going to make Warclaw better in PVE just to sell more skins for it because

> 1. they already have PVE mounts that can sell them skins for less effort

> 2. not being PVE-useful doesn't prevent Anet from making Warclaw skins to sell

>

> That's not speculation.. those things are true. On the other hand, the idea that Anet improve warclaw to improve Warclaw skin sales at the expense of something else they are working on ... is bordering on a not sensible reason because it's speculative. I mean, I get you don't want to think about 'need' but the reality is that Anet people aren't sitting around waiting for randomly bad ideas to implement from players because they are actually working on things that they determined to be more necessary.

>

> Again, I don't get why me asking for a reason to make this change has made you go to in rant, off topic mode ... but don't worry, I will keep you on topic :wink: If you want to provide a reason for the change other than speculative vague benefits you have already stated, I'm interested to hear about what you think. Otherwise, just keep cracking on about berserker or whatever other random thoughts you fancy.

I already explained why I went on "rant". And I did it clearly. Multiple times.

There were ton of people who said that for raids, same as you are now for this. "There is no way they will put raids in." "Guild wars 2 wasn't designed for raids." "Game is too casual for raids." "They said there won't be raids." Guess what. We have raids.

> @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > Warclaw has the highest disengage damage out of all the mounts in PvE. That's its distinction from the others and in my opinion is on point, with the mount being called _Warclaw_ and all that.

> > >

> > > Where did you get this information from? Because according to the GW2 wiki it doesn't have the most damage out of all of the mounts in PvE even with the ravenous discipline mastery unlocked from the raptor.

> > Yeah I just checked.

> > They removed the bleeding in PvE too it seems. That was its edge. It does the same damage as raptor now. RIP warclaw.

>

> Wow I didn't even know that there used to bleeding damage in PvE before lol. Seems kind of silly to remove it in PvE since PvE is not competitive and I doubt that skill used to be overpowered in PvE. I wonder if the bleeding removal in PvE was intentional.

It is a design change. They can’t separate design changes from one game mode to another.

As for the topic at hand, please do not waste time making warclaw relevant in PvE. If it is going to be relevant, then it first needs to get its niche and with pretty much all movement skill abilities already covered by all the existing mounts, I personally don’t want the devs to scratch their head and waste time figuring out what the warclaw would do that no other mount can’t do.

Another problem as well, is that, if it becomes relevant, then the majority of players will complain that they need to play WvW just to be able to perform in PvE.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > Warclaw has the highest disengage damage out of all the mounts in PvE. That's its distinction from the others and in my opinion is on point, with the mount being called _Warclaw_ and all that.

> > > >

> > > > Where did you get this information from? Because according to the GW2 wiki it doesn't have the most damage out of all of the mounts in PvE even with the ravenous discipline mastery unlocked from the raptor.

> > > Yeah I just checked.

> > > They removed the bleeding in PvE too it seems. That was its edge. It does the same damage as raptor now. RIP warclaw.

> >

> > Wow I didn't even know that there used to bleeding damage in PvE before lol. Seems kind of silly to remove it in PvE since PvE is not competitive and I doubt that skill used to be overpowered in PvE. I wonder if the bleeding removal in PvE was intentional.

>

> It is a design change. They can’t separate design changes from one game mode to another.

>

> As for the topic at hand, please do not waste time making warclaw relevant in PvE. If it is going to be relevant, then it first needs to get its niche and with pretty much all movement skill abilities already covered by all the existing mounts, I personally don’t want the devs to scratch their head and waste time figuring out what the warclaw would do that no other mount can’t do.

> Another problem as well, is that, if it becomes relevant, then the majority of players will complain that they need to play WvW just to be able to perform in PvE.

But Anet have already done many design changes that are specific to game modes. For example some skills work differently between PvE, WvW and PvP. Also the warclaw skill battle maul already does different damage in PvP than PvE due to a higher transformation damage coefficient according to the GW2 wiki.

> @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > > Warclaw has the highest disengage damage out of all the mounts in PvE. That's its distinction from the others and in my opinion is on point, with the mount being called _Warclaw_ and all that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Where did you get this information from? Because according to the GW2 wiki it doesn't have the most damage out of all of the mounts in PvE even with the ravenous discipline mastery unlocked from the raptor.

> > > > Yeah I just checked.

> > > > They removed the bleeding in PvE too it seems. That was its edge. It does the same damage as raptor now. RIP warclaw.

> > >

> > > Wow I didn't even know that there used to bleeding damage in PvE before lol. Seems kind of silly to remove it in PvE since PvE is not competitive and I doubt that skill used to be overpowered in PvE. I wonder if the bleeding removal in PvE was intentional.

> >

> > It is a design change. They can’t separate design changes from one game mode to another.

> >

> > As for the topic at hand, please do not waste time making warclaw relevant in PvE. If it is going to be relevant, then it first needs to get its niche and with pretty much all movement skill abilities already covered by all the existing mounts, I personally don’t want the devs to scratch their head and waste time figuring out what the warclaw would do that no other mount can’t do.

> > Another problem as well, is that, if it becomes relevant, then the majority of players will complain that they need to play WvW just to be able to perform in PvE.

>

> But Anet have already done many design changes that are specific to game modes. For example some skills work differently between PvE, WvW and PvP. Also the warclaw skill battle maul already does different damage in PvP than PvE due to a higher transformation damage coefficient according to the GW2 wiki.

You don’t get my point. They can change how strong one skill performs from one game mode to another, but they cannot make the warclaw do bleeding in PvE and not inflict bleeding when players play in WvW.

For example, if the warclaw was able to go underwater, it would be impossible for the devs to decide that in WvW, the warclaw would not be able swim.

That is why it is pretty much impossible to buff the warclaw in PvE (outside of speed maybe because speed has an arithmetic value) because any change that would be introduced in PvE would affect WvW. And since the devs have been reducing the effectiveness of the warclaw in WvW, then they obviously have no intention of buffing it in any way, shape or form.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > > > Warclaw has the highest disengage damage out of all the mounts in PvE. That's its distinction from the others and in my opinion is on point, with the mount being called _Warclaw_ and all that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Where did you get this information from? Because according to the GW2 wiki it doesn't have the most damage out of all of the mounts in PvE even with the ravenous discipline mastery unlocked from the raptor.

> > > > > Yeah I just checked.

> > > > > They removed the bleeding in PvE too it seems. That was its edge. It does the same damage as raptor now. RIP warclaw.

> > > >

> > > > Wow I didn't even know that there used to bleeding damage in PvE before lol. Seems kind of silly to remove it in PvE since PvE is not competitive and I doubt that skill used to be overpowered in PvE. I wonder if the bleeding removal in PvE was intentional.

> > >

> > > It is a design change. They can’t separate design changes from one game mode to another.

> > >

> > > As for the topic at hand, please do not waste time making warclaw relevant in PvE. If it is going to be relevant, then it first needs to get its niche and with pretty much all movement skill abilities already covered by all the existing mounts, I personally don’t want the devs to scratch their head and waste time figuring out what the warclaw would do that no other mount can’t do.

> > > Another problem as well, is that, if it becomes relevant, then the majority of players will complain that they need to play WvW just to be able to perform in PvE.

> >

> > But Anet have already done many design changes that are specific to game modes. For example some skills work differently between PvE, WvW and PvP. Also the warclaw skill battle maul already does different damage in PvP than PvE due to a higher transformation damage coefficient according to the GW2 wiki.

>

> You don’t get my point. They can change how strong one skill performs from one game mode to another, but they cannot make the warclaw do bleeding in PvE and not inflict bleeding when players play in WvW.

>

> For example, if the warclaw was able to go underwater, it would be impossible for the devs to decide that in WvW, the warclaw would not be able swim.

>

> That is why it is pretty much impossible to buff the warclaw in PvE (outside of speed maybe because speed has an arithmetic value) because any change that would be introduced in PvE would affect WvW. And since the devs have been reducing the effectiveness of the warclaw in WvW, then they obviously have no intention of buffing it in any way, shape or form.

My point is why wouldn't they be able to make the bleed from warclaw do different damage in PvE than in WvW since skills are already different between game modes?

> @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > > > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > > > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > > > > Warclaw has the highest disengage damage out of all the mounts in PvE. That's its distinction from the others and in my opinion is on point, with the mount being called _Warclaw_ and all that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Where did you get this information from? Because according to the GW2 wiki it doesn't have the most damage out of all of the mounts in PvE even with the ravenous discipline mastery unlocked from the raptor.

> > > > > > Yeah I just checked.

> > > > > > They removed the bleeding in PvE too it seems. That was its edge. It does the same damage as raptor now. RIP warclaw.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wow I didn't even know that there used to bleeding damage in PvE before lol. Seems kind of silly to remove it in PvE since PvE is not competitive and I doubt that skill used to be overpowered in PvE. I wonder if the bleeding removal in PvE was intentional.

> > > >

> > > > It is a design change. They can’t separate design changes from one game mode to another.

> > > >

> > > > As for the topic at hand, please do not waste time making warclaw relevant in PvE. If it is going to be relevant, then it first needs to get its niche and with pretty much all movement skill abilities already covered by all the existing mounts, I personally don’t want the devs to scratch their head and waste time figuring out what the warclaw would do that no other mount can’t do.

> > > > Another problem as well, is that, if it becomes relevant, then the majority of players will complain that they need to play WvW just to be able to perform in PvE.

> > >

> > > But Anet have already done many design changes that are specific to game modes. For example some skills work differently between PvE, WvW and PvP. Also the warclaw skill battle maul already does different damage in PvP than PvE due to a higher transformation damage coefficient according to the GW2 wiki.

> >

> > You don’t get my point. They can change how strong one skill performs from one game mode to another, but they cannot make the warclaw do bleeding in PvE and not inflict bleeding when players play in WvW.

> >

> > For example, if the warclaw was able to go underwater, it would be impossible for the devs to decide that in WvW, the warclaw would not be able swim.

> >

> > That is why it is pretty much impossible to buff the warclaw in PvE (outside of speed maybe because speed has an arithmetic value) because any change that would be introduced in PvE would affect WvW. And since the devs have been reducing the effectiveness of the warclaw in WvW, then they obviously have no intention of buffing it in any way, shape or form.

>

> My point is why wouldn't they be able to make the bleed from warclaw do different damage in PvE than in WvW since skills are already different between game modes?

I think it would be possible. And it would require a lot less coding than adding a completely unique ability.

I don't see anything wrong with anet restoring the original engage skill in PvE along with potentially increasing its speed to match maybe the griffon (I don't see any need for it to be "fast" like the raptor or jackal, but being faster than the skimmer makes some sense)

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Atomos.7593" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > > > > > Warclaw has the highest disengage damage out of all the mounts in PvE. That's its distinction from the others and in my opinion is on point, with the mount being called _Warclaw_ and all that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Where did you get this information from? Because according to the GW2 wiki it doesn't have the most damage out of all of the mounts in PvE even with the ravenous discipline mastery unlocked from the raptor.

> > > > > > > Yeah I just checked.

> > > > > > > They removed the bleeding in PvE too it seems. That was its edge. It does the same damage as raptor now. RIP warclaw.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wow I didn't even know that there used to bleeding damage in PvE before lol. Seems kind of silly to remove it in PvE since PvE is not competitive and I doubt that skill used to be overpowered in PvE. I wonder if the bleeding removal in PvE was intentional.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is a design change. They can’t separate design changes from one game mode to another.

> > > > >

> > > > > As for the topic at hand, please do not waste time making warclaw relevant in PvE. If it is going to be relevant, then it first needs to get its niche and with pretty much all movement skill abilities already covered by all the existing mounts, I personally don’t want the devs to scratch their head and waste time figuring out what the warclaw would do that no other mount can’t do.

> > > > > Another problem as well, is that, if it becomes relevant, then the majority of players will complain that they need to play WvW just to be able to perform in PvE.

> > > >

> > > > But Anet have already done many design changes that are specific to game modes. For example some skills work differently between PvE, WvW and PvP. Also the warclaw skill battle maul already does different damage in PvP than PvE due to a higher transformation damage coefficient according to the GW2 wiki.

> > >

> > > You don’t get my point. They can change how strong one skill performs from one game mode to another, but they cannot make the warclaw do bleeding in PvE and not inflict bleeding when players play in WvW.

> > >

> > > For example, if the warclaw was able to go underwater, it would be impossible for the devs to decide that in WvW, the warclaw would not be able swim.

> > >

> > > That is why it is pretty much impossible to buff the warclaw in PvE (outside of speed maybe because speed has an arithmetic value) because any change that would be introduced in PvE would affect WvW. And since the devs have been reducing the effectiveness of the warclaw in WvW, then they obviously have no intention of buffing it in any way, shape or form.

> >

> > My point is why wouldn't they be able to make the bleed from warclaw do different damage in PvE than in WvW since skills are already different between game modes?

>

> I think it would be possible. And it would require a lot less coding than adding a completely unique ability.

> I don't see anything wrong with anet restoring the original engage skill in PvE along with potentially increasing its speed to match maybe the griffon (I don't see any need for it to be "fast" like the raptor or jackal, but being faster than the skimmer makes some sense)

Yeah, I think that if the devs do buff the warclaw, the engage skill in PvE is probably the easiest and quickest way to improve it.

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > Wanting the Warclaw better in PvE is just that: a desire and no necessity.

> This is a useless argument. I could name thousands of things that have been added to the game that weren't necessary. The game itself isn't a necessity. The whole point of adding things to the game is to make the game more enjoyable to a significant subset of players. If they can make that work for the Warclaw, go for it.

>

How dare you!!!! This game is absolutely a necessity!!!!

I think they should make the warclaw pve viable and I'm not a WvW player though I have thought about it occasionally since I love that mount.