Guild Wars 2 "New Player Guide" Feedback

PsDh.2471

Having looked through the New Player Guide (post on forum found [here](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/111992/guild-wars-2-new-player-guide), and the "New Player Guide" on guildwars2.com found [here](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/new-player-guide)) I immediately spot a few things I would like to see added to this manual.

1. Build/Equipment template: While build/equipment template could be considered advanced in terms of gearing and making your character, having a note (small or large) describing this feature would be beneficial.

2. Defiance bar/Breakbar: Dodging is mentioned. The essence of the combat likewise. Defiance bar... glossed over. Why? Sure, it happens more often later in the game, but core Tyria still presents bosses with this feature. A mechanic that becomes almost essential later on. New players should absolutely get a feel for this mechanic.

3. Wiki: It's a rich website filled with information. And the best part is you can type "/wiki" while in-game and your browser opens up the [Wikipedia page](https://wiki-en.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page). Also you can specify what you want to search for: "/wiki crafting" opens up the wikipedia page on the topic of crafting. While forum is mentioned as a place to get information, I would like Wiki to get a shout out as well.

This is just my opinion of what could be added to the guide. The New Player Guide is without a doubt a step towards the right direction in terms of introducing the game for new players.

Nice, but imho not super informative guide. As OP mentioned, some things about basic mechanics (breakbars etc)feel rushed. Another thought ---- most of the guide should've been done in video format because sadly, many "young" people can be put off by a wall of text...

_P.S._ Also, what caught my eye immediately, is the big in-your-face **Home World**. Yes it's important, but to me it just serves as further proof that no alliances are coming. ever.

Just do what Blizzard did when they failed miserably with their "Patch survival guides" and use the what their content creators did. Promote it on the official channels slap a sticky on the forums, even if they want to be cheeky they can add the explanations in game with a link to the video like the wiki implementation or go deeper and run explanation videos in a site embed like the Trading post works.

And the most recent and in depth video guide:

Overall, it seems like a rushed, or maybe a rough draft? There are so many place holders for missing images & the image for the "Movement" section is cropped, with part of the text cut off mid-sentence.

Also, there is no reference to the new player Tutorial Achievement section, which was fun to do, but kind of tricky to find in the General category. I think it would fit in with this kind of guide format. I'm guessing that it's meant to be a very brief overview, a kind of teaser more than a guide.

> @"Stelawrat.6589" said:

> Overall, it seems like a rushed, or maybe a rough draft? There are so many place holders for missing images & the image for the "Movement" section is cropped, with part of the text cut off mid-sentence.

>

> Also, there is no reference to the new player Tutorial Achievement section, which was fun to do, but kind of tricky to find in the General category. I think it would fit in with this kind of guide format. I'm guessing that it's meant to be a very brief overview, a kind of teaser more than a guide.

I don't see what you are seeing; perhaps, it's a browser issue, or scaling issue? No placeholders or text cut off.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Stelawrat.6589" said:

> > Overall, it seems like a rushed, or maybe a rough draft? There are so many place holders for missing images & the image for the "Movement" section is cropped, with part of the text cut off mid-sentence.

> >

> > Also, there is no reference to the new player Tutorial Achievement section, which was fun to do, but kind of tricky to find in the General category. I think it would fit in with this kind of guide format. I'm guessing that it's meant to be a very brief overview, a kind of teaser more than a guide.

>

> I don't see what you are seeing; perhaps, it's a browser issue, or scaling issue? No placeholders or text cut off.

That is so weird! I'm using Google Chrome & I checked the settings & they are at 100% as usual, so I've no idea why, but I'm still seeing the guide as I did before, as shown here: mnz58X9.png

and an example of just one of the many missing images here: rFbcBcM.png

The rest of the site is perfect, text, pictures, videos all show up okay, just the Guide?? I'm not experiencing this on any other site either, so it's a real mystery. :anguished:

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Your links need the '[/img] removed to work.

> Yes, I don't see that at all, and my browser is set at 150%. (Firefox)

>

> I tried it on Chrome at 100%; still all good.

>

> (Some of guildwars2.com sites require tracking; perhaps that is the issue?)

Thanks. I apologize to Anet then, my bad. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it but, it's just so strange that all of the other pages on the site load fine, images, text etc. For example, from the Asura Race page: https://imgur.com/qElwQ6J