Introduce Raptor Mount to Stop Roaming

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @Caedmon.6798 said:

> > These are the people i love to hunt down when i roam.

> >

> > Just port to spawn like everyone else is doing,or log off and relogg when you spot a roamer.Or better yet ! Call the blob for those 2 guys.

>

> when did I say that "I" had a problem with dealing with roamers? I don't have a problem with them (in terms of them ganking me, or having trouble killing them), but I do think they are unintended and a cheap form of playing wvw that wasn't really intended. I also think that 90% of the kills they get are purely to grief others as opposed to actually being an asset to the server.

"grief others" "cheap form of playing" -- seriously just because you don't like it doesn't make it less of a game function. Of course WvW was meant for both zergs and roamers / havoc teams. If you truly understand WvW you would know this. After over 3000 wxp rank points (nope not the highest by any means), and over 6000 hours in WvW I can accurately say that roamers are essential to the WvW game play and a huge asset to the zerg commanders.

You can say I'm bullying you by speaking from a huge amount of experience but I'm not. I'm simply clearly stating what's true with all the people I command, and all the commanders I support.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> So everyone defends this type of gameplay even though it's low skill and unfair and griefing, then when someone (me) points this out, I'm a troll, and deserve to be bullied/made fun of or have my skill insulted, even though I never said I had a problem dealing with roamers, everyone just assumed I must. Well you're all wrong.

>

> Raptor does 2 birds with one stone, eliminates roamers and makes wvw more fast paced, problem and solution addressed.

Roamers would get raptor's too right? BAM even playing field. Now I catch you quicker and still stomp you. Read my other posts though... you are not right in what you're saying about roamers.

First. Roaming isn't bullying. It's an all out PVP war, you can party up too and counter their roam squad.

Second. Ascended armor is no big deal. Full level 80 exos with correct stats and proper runes is mostly important, and then they are only at best 2% off ascended. Also if you farmed SW at a casual pace for a few weeks you could craft full ascended.

Thirdly. WVW maps weren't design around mounts, it's one form that needs the feel of large areas/space.

Lastly: Roaming isn't bullying.

Roaming is bullying - Roamer/Gankers run an exclusive build which is tailored for 1v1's there is no other game mode that supports this type of play.

If you run these builds in a raid they would suck, if you run them in a zerg or a havoc they would not be optimal at best and in SPvP they would be horrible in most cases, because all they use are escapes + stealths + defensive utilities to stay alive forever or reset the fight. This is not useful in any game mode except for to gank other players whom do not have this setup (which most don't because they are playing the above mentioned game modes and not griefing trying to solo other players down.) So yes I don't think its intended play, its not supported anywhere and all ganker/roamers do is say "ok which skill is best for 1v1 and staying alive forever so I can pick on people who aren't even setup to handle my sheer amount of defensive utilities, escapes and fight reset abilities."

> @HazyDaisy.4107 said:

> > @Fatemaster.3590 said:

> > If they ever do bother to add mounts in WvW, I hope they add traps that knock players off.

>

> Nah, a special mount, that you can only get in wvw, but not use in wvw. Gives roamers more people to kill :)

How about turning people who want mounts into a mount so we can mount them? XD giddyap horsey!

> @HazyDaisy.4107 said:

> > @sephiroth.4217 said:

> > we should just get rid of enemies all together and focus on killing lords only!

> >

>

>

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > So everyone defends this type of gameplay even though it's low skill and unfair and griefing, then when someone (me) points this out, I'm a troll, and deserve to be bullied/made fun of or have my skill insulted, even though I never said I had a problem dealing with roamers, everyone just assumed I must. Well you're all wrong.

> >

> > Raptor does 2 birds with one stone, eliminates roamers and makes wvw more fast paced, problem and solution addressed.

>

> Just say you want mounts, there are other threads asking for them. But, just because, I'll tell you how it'd probably play out vs what you think it'd accomplish.

>

> It's worth noting first, since it's the basis of the argument, that if a sub level 80 (or even an improperly equipped 80) is in wvw for whatever reason...most likely they don't have enough rank points for a wvw mounting mastery or any other mastery, but what the hey, here goes:

>

> 1) You would have to own POF (because B2W)

>

> 2) The roamer would still unlock raptor before the low ranks (because eotm rank farming and extra points)

>

> 3) The roamer would still chase down the low ranks and stomp them, only faster (because OP mount mastery).

>

> And then the real fun begins:

>

> 4) While running (because no rank points = no masteries) Low rank finally catches sight of tag (without being chased down by someone, something or crashing while on the way (again by foot) to tag), tag takes off on raptor without warning, as an enemy zerg approaches those inches behind tag on foot and stampeeds them....

> "Mounts in WVW is bullying to low ranks and those that didn't upgrade, we're being left behind to die by our squads"

>

> 5) Post mount forum discuasion summary:

> "Anet servers can't handle Mount lag"

> "It's not their servers, it's your computer!"

> "But lag wasn't this bad before"

> "Git gud"

>

> 6) On the offchance non mounted squads are formed (for the low ranks and those that didn't upgrade) "there's no one to fight, all the enemies are mounted and have a clear advantage"

>

> 7) For those in a majority mounted squad "No one fights, everyone leaps right past our zergs and roamers and one guy even leapt into our EBG KEEP and ported his whole zerg in"

>

> 6) Mixed pug groups:

> Mr Tag : Squad "Stay on tag, do not push ahead"

> Zergling: "You're not my father"

> Mr Tag: "I'm logging, GL all"

>

> 7) 6 months later: "Wvw is dead"

>

> Note, none of these things solve any alleged individual player problems, unless you count the possible computer crashing as handling the alleged problem.

This is the same logic they said about gliders, but we have those now too...

> @Blodeuyn.2751 said:

> > @Weindrasi.3805 said:

> > I detest roamers with the ascended gear.... but only because I have no way to easily access the same high-end gear. I feel like I am inherently at a disadvantage, because I don't have the time or inclination to grind for ascended gear. I think a good solution would be to make WvW similar to PvP--where everyone's armor and trinket values are equalized. That way, these 1v1 roaming encounters would not be so skewed in favor of the person with the most gold/time/willingness to grind. In such a situation, roamer encounters would be based purely on the skill of the players--which is much more fair. Leave gear grind for fractals and raid groups.

>

> That's like saying PvE gear should be like PvP gear, because I don't have the time or willingness to do PvE raids or Fractals. I also dont have the time, gold, or willingness to grind for the griffin mount, so please just go ahead and give it to me or remove them from PvE because I will be at a "disadvantage".

>

> WvW is not a fair game mode. WvW is not PvP. WvW is not a safe hold-my-hand no-risk environment, by design. You step out of your spawn, everything and everyone is fair game. Bad things can, and should, happen. I hate to say it, but some people just need to learn to play.

"Risk" doesn't equal "fight players who out-gear you." If everyone had equalized gear, there would still be plenty of "risk." You risk fighting someone more skilled than you. You risk falling prey to groups larger than you, or getting trampled by an enemy zerg.

If, after gear equalization, you still suck--then by all means, learn to play. But such equalization doesn't remove any risks, it simply allows fights to be based on skill and/or group organization--rather than "Who has the most time to throw into grinding?"

I consider my skill level all right. Not amazing, but not bad. Time though? I've got a job, school, and a long-term relationship that take priority of my time. The time I have for gaming, won't be spent grinding gear.

WvW is a variant of PvP. While there's some PvE aspects to it, the main part of WvW is fighting other players.

I say, leave gear-grind for Fractals and Raids. Let PvP and WvW be skill-based.

> > @HazyDaisy.4107 said:

> > > @sephiroth.4217 said:

> > > we should just get rid of enemies all together and focus on killing lords only!

> > >

> >

> >

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > So everyone defends this type of gameplay even though it's low skill and unfair and griefing, then when someone (me) points this out, I'm a troll, and deserve to be bullied/made fun of or have my skill insulted, even though I never said I had a problem dealing with roamers, everyone just assumed I must. Well you're all wrong.

> > >

> > > Raptor does 2 birds with one stone, eliminates roamers and makes wvw more fast paced, problem and solution addressed.

> >

> > Just say you want mounts, there are other threads asking for them. But, just because, I'll tell you how it'd probably play out vs what you think it'd accomplish.

> >

> > It's worth noting first, since it's the basis of the argument, that if a sub level 80 (or even an improperly equipped 80) is in wvw for whatever reason...most likely they don't have enough rank points for a wvw mounting mastery or any other mastery, but what the hey, here goes:

> >

> > 1) You would have to own POF (because B2W)

> >

> > 2) The roamer would still unlock raptor before the low ranks (because eotm rank farming and extra points)

> >

> > 3) The roamer would still chase down the low ranks and stomp them, only faster (because OP mount mastery).

> >

> > And then the real fun begins:

> >

> > 4) While running (because no rank points = no masteries) Low rank finally catches sight of tag (without being chased down by someone, something or crashing while on the way (again by foot) to tag), tag takes off on raptor without warning, as an enemy zerg approaches those inches behind tag on foot and stampeeds them....

> > "Mounts in WVW is bullying to low ranks and those that didn't upgrade, we're being left behind to die by our squads"

> >

> > 5) Post mount forum discuasion summary:

> > "Anet servers can't handle Mount lag"

> > "It's not their servers, it's your computer!"

> > "But lag wasn't this bad before"

> > "Git gud"

> >

> > 6) On the offchance non mounted squads are formed (for the low ranks and those that didn't upgrade) "there's no one to fight, all the enemies are mounted and have a clear advantage"

> >

> > 7) For those in a majority mounted squad "No one fights, everyone leaps right past our zergs and roamers and one guy even leapt into our EBG KEEP and ported his whole zerg in"

> >

> > 6) Mixed pug groups:

> > Mr Tag : Squad "Stay on tag, do not push ahead"

> > Zergling: "You're not my father"

> > Mr Tag: "I'm logging, GL all"

> >

> > 7) 6 months later: "Wvw is dead"

> >

> > Note, none of these things solve any alleged individual player problems, unless you count the possible computer crashing as handling the alleged problem.

>

> This is the same logic they said about gliders, but we have those now too...

One can wp at the sight of red or the feel of lag, one can also alt F4 after spotting or seeing these things. One does not need to have mounts added as another form of escape.

Afterall, per another thred, guest servers don't have nameplates because it may be too confusing to other players.

Using that logic, I'm going to conclude that adding mounts (and another button to push) would equally confuse most players, therefore they should not be added for those players safety.

> @Weindrasi.3805 said:

> > @Blodeuyn.2751 said:

> > > @Weindrasi.3805 said:

> > > I detest roamers with the ascended gear.... but only because I have no way to easily access the same high-end gear. I feel like I am inherently at a disadvantage, because I don't have the time or inclination to grind for ascended gear. I think a good solution would be to make WvW similar to PvP--where everyone's armor and trinket values are equalized. That way, these 1v1 roaming encounters would not be so skewed in favor of the person with the most gold/time/willingness to grind. In such a situation, roamer encounters would be based purely on the skill of the players--which is much more fair. Leave gear grind for fractals and raid groups.

> >

> > That's like saying PvE gear should be like PvP gear, because I don't have the time or willingness to do PvE raids or Fractals. I also dont have the time, gold, or willingness to grind for the griffin mount, so please just go ahead and give it to me or remove them from PvE because I will be at a "disadvantage".

> >

> > WvW is not a fair game mode. WvW is not PvP. WvW is not a safe hold-my-hand no-risk environment, by design. You step out of your spawn, everything and everyone is fair game. Bad things can, and should, happen. I hate to say it, but some people just need to learn to play.

>

> "Risk" doesn't equal "fight players who out-gear you." If everyone had equalized gear, there would still be plenty of "risk." You risk fighting someone more skilled than you. You risk falling prey to groups larger than you, or getting trampled by an enemy zerg.

> If, after gear equalization, you still suck--then by all means, learn to play. But such equalization doesn't remove any risks, it simply allows fights to be based on skill and/or group organization--rather than "Who has the most time to throw into grinding?"

> I consider my skill level all right. Not amazing, but not bad. Time though? I've got a job, school, and a long-term relationship that take priority of my time. The time I have for gaming, won't be spent grinding gear.

> WvW is a variant of PvP. While there's some PvE aspects to it, the main part of WvW is fighting other players.

> I say, leave gear-grind for Fractals and Raids. Let PvP and WvW be skill-based.

>

>

WvW is not PvP, though I do get where you're coming from.

The difference between ascended and exotic gear is ~5%. Just be 5% better, skill will make up for lack of gear. I spent almost 4 years in exotic and did just fine. I don't even have optimal accessories. Yep, I know not everyone has time, but that's not Anet's fault. I have a job, a husband, and cancer, but I don't expect the game to be changed just because I don't have the time or energy to do xyz.

If you happen to be on EBay or one of our linked servers QOP is happy to run with you if that would be helpful.

I am sure we could argue about their original intention with a lot of things concerning WvW. Nonetheless, solo roamers have their place now just like pug blobs, guild squads, havoc groups, small roaming parties and scouts or AFK defenders.

This seems like yet another subjective view on anything the OP dislikes personally. Others complain the same way about map blobs or guild squad. Whatever it is they lose to constantly and see no way to oppose themselves.

Besides, why would any roamer ever run a dueling build (1vs1) while solo roaming? All I ever meet nowadays are groups of 3-5 which turns all of my solo roaming encounters into at least a 1vs3. Am I supposed to ask for a way to force them into a 1vs1 in turn because I feel like I am getting bullied? All though, might actually be me bullying them by your logic considering how I still win most of those encounters.

Never call people out for playing well. This includes complaining about them using effective builds for their role. You will never hear me complain about getting picked off while I try to run back to my squad on a blob build. It simply means the enemy roamers did their job while I did badly myself. Nothing more and nothing less.

WvW is a battlefield. It is not supposed to be fair to your personal situation. You will be outnumbered, you will meet those looking for easy pray, you will meet much better players and not everyone will roll out the red carpet for you so you can get back to your bag farming squad.

> > @Caedmon.6798 said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > @Caedmon.6798 said:

> > > > These are the people i love to hunt down when i roam.

> > > >

> > > > Just port to spawn like everyone else is doing,or log off and relogg when you spot a roamer.Or better yet ! Call the blob for those 2 guys.

> > >

> > > when did I say that "I" had a problem with dealing with roamers? I don't have a problem with them (in terms of them ganking me, or having trouble killing them), but I do think they are unintended and a cheap form of playing wvw that wasn't really intended. I also think that 90% of the kills they get are purely to grief others as opposed to actually being an asset to the server.

> >

> > Just because i like to have small scale fights and roam around,cap camps instead of blobfights and try to ninja towers i should be excluded from the gamemode ? You just obviously never roamed before and dont know how important it can be to a server,depending on what the roamers feel like doing at that time.

> >

> > If i roam with 2 - 3 i skip solos ,i only fight outmanned fights,youre talking about gankers..not roamers.

>

> aren't gankers and roamers the same thing? They do the same activities... namely look for unfair fights.

See,you don't even know the difference between a ganker or a roamer nor do you have the ability to read.As i just told you *If i roam with 2 - 3 i skip solos ,i only fight outmanned fights*, meaning the unfair fight counts for me,thats what i like about it.

Atleast you encourage comic relief and colorful discussion..

> This is the same logic they said about gliders, but we have those now too...

And they're probably just as bad.

WvW is/was that broken that the gliders on top didn't really make anything that much worse, but they probably shouldn't have been implemented.

The niftiest part is to glide into OW when red. If siege weren't that powerful people would have enough time to actually run there. If condi bombs weren't that broken they would be able to get into OW, if countersiege were a thing and and and. Gliders bypass all these broken things.

ETA: DBL is nicer with gliders though. Probably because it was designed just like HoT maps.

I like how you make a new post every week or so calling roamers bullies and trolls. Roaming has always been part of WvW and despite your complaints it does play an actual role. Also I hope you know that real trolls thrive on this stuff. Posts like this are like a wet dream for anyone who is actually trying to troll you for a reaction. Although at this point I am legitimately wondering if you are a troll yourself just making these posts for reactions.

> @Kerivek.5740 said:

> I like how you make a new post every week or so calling roamers bullies and trolls. Roaming has always been part of WvW and despite your complaints it does play an actual role. Also I hope you know that real trolls thrive on this stuff. Posts like this are like a wet dream for anyone who is actually trying to troll you for a reaction. Although at this point I am legitimately wondering if you are a troll yourself just making these posts for reactions.

If you objected to most everything about wvw, but couldn't actually do anything about your objections in game, (and this is just a theory)...why not start a few threads, and alone or perhaps working with say a few guild members, push nasty roamers and others you've deemed unsavory, "bullyish" players over the edge subtly and towards bannable counter remarks? Just a theory I'm working on to sort out some of the madness of this holiday season.

> @HazyDaisy.4107 said:

> > @Kerivek.5740 said:

> > I like how you make a new post every week or so calling roamers bullies and trolls. Roaming has always been part of WvW and despite your complaints it does play an actual role. Also I hope you know that real trolls thrive on this stuff. Posts like this are like a wet dream for anyone who is actually trying to troll you for a reaction. Although at this point I am legitimately wondering if you are a troll yourself just making these posts for reactions.

>

> If you objected to most everything about wvw, but couldn't actually do anything about your objections in game, (and this is just a theory)...why not start a few threads, and alone or perhaps working with say a few guild members, push nasty roamers and others you've deemed unsavory, "bullyish" players over the edge subtly and towards bannable counter remarks? Just a theory I'm working on to sort out some of the madness of this holiday season.

No U

> @HazyDaisy.4107 said:

> If you objected to most everything about wvw, but couldn't actually do anything about your objections in game, (and this is just a theory)...why not start a few threads, and alone or perhaps working with say a few guild members, push nasty roamers and others you've deemed unsavory, "bullyish" players over the edge subtly and towards bannable counter remarks? Just a theory I'm working on to sort out some of the madness of this holiday season.

I was already pushed over the edge by some outraged people accusing me of bullying in one of these threads. I landed softly though. MUST TRY HARDER!