anet should clean up some mess

In my opinion anet should really start to clean up some mess.

1st the junk yards on kessex hills.. seriously?... how many yrs since "Tower of Nightmare" COME ON.

2nd there are so many empty map like dry top , silverwastes etc. Is it time to consider how to solve that out instead of keep adding new map for LS.

3rd EOTM should be remove or replace. after all these years i dont know how many players will still enter EOTM.

4th dungeons should re-develop... i used love to play dungeon, but sadly there is only small amount players around.. it such a waste

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> In my opinion anet should really start to clean up some mess.

>

> 1st the junk yards on kessex hills.. seriously?... how many yrs since "Tower of Nightmare" COME ON.

Maps are a "moment in time" and structured around the personal story in core. Changing them would add unnecessary confusion for new players.

> 2nd there are so many empty map like dry top , silverwastes etc. Is it time to consider how to solve that out instead of keep adding new map for LS.

Have you tried LFG in those maps? From what I understand, Silverwastes RIBA is still very strong for farming.

> 3rd EOTM should be remove or replace. after all these years i dont know how many players will still enter EOTM.

I can't argue on this one.

> 4th dungeons should re-develop... i used love to play dungeon, but sadly there is only small amount players around.. it such a waste

Anet is no longer developing content for dungeons. Fractals have taken their place. Raids/Strikes, too. Maybe check those formats for more players?

Hmm, have to disagree with you a bit about your second point. I go through Dry Top every day to hit the the quartz crystal nodes as well as the garden in the Uplands Oasis. There are always people around on that map when I'm there. Some are farming like me but others are clearly doing the events there. I don't go to the Silverwastes map on such a regular basis but when I am there, other players are readily visible. Still, I agree with your overall point. Anet can do things to spice up older content and draw people back to them. For example, I rarely bother with world bosses anymore but the World Boss Rush is fun and I've been running from boss to boss along with crowds of other people and am enjoying it. It's been a while since I ran around in WvW but this week I've been back there a lot and have also been really enjoying that. I'd love it if they came up with other fun ways to reinvigorate older content.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > In my opinion anet should really start to clean up some mess.

> >

> > 1st the junk yards on kessex hills.. seriously?... how many yrs since "Tower of Nightmare" COME ON.

> Maps are a "moment in time" and structured around the personal story in core. Changing them would add unnecessary confusion for new players.

> > 2nd there are so many empty map like dry top , silverwastes etc. Is it time to consider how to solve that out instead of keep adding new map for LS.

> Have you tried LFG in those maps? From what I understand, Silverwastes RIBA is still very strong for farming.

> > 3rd EOTM should be remove or replace. after all these years i dont know how many players will still enter EOTM.

> I can't argue on this one.

> > 4th dungeons should re-develop... i used love to play dungeon, but sadly there is only small amount players around.. it such a waste

> Anet is no longer developing content for dungeons. Fractals have taken their place. Raids/Strikes, too. Maybe check those formats for more players?

>

>

1st - if kessex hill personal story (core ) relate to this map, they should only changed on (personal story mode). by looking that mess when pass by it make me feel uncomfortable. it feel like ur neighbour dump the rubbish on their front door for 7 yrs.

2nd - maybe only on my time zone ( AU) i was enter silverwastes feel time try to get some achievement done. only got less then 10 people doing Meta. make it really hard.

4th - i understand they mention about fractals is the replacement. but really they should not just abandoned them. Specially you still need dungeon token for 1st gen legendary. I know you can get token in different way like wvw / pvp reward track. but really is not the same thing. why they cant change this into AI replace empty slots? like GW. i think is a good system for dungeon. also can upgarde NPC gear. its so much fun.

> @"Chichimec.9364" said:

> Hmm, have to disagree with you a bit about your second point. I go through Dry Top every day to hit the the quartz crystal nodes as well as the garden in the Uplands Oasis. There are always people around on that map when I'm there. Some are farming like me but others are clearly doing the events there. I don't go to the Silverwastes map on such a regular basis but when I am there, other players are readily visible. Still, I agree with your overall point. Anet can do things to spice up older content and draw people back to them. For example, I rarely bother with world bosses anymore but the World Boss Rush is fun and I've been running from boss to boss along with crowds of other people and am enjoying it. It's been a while since I ran around in WvW but this week I've been back there a lot and have also been really enjoying that. I'd love it if they came up with other fun ways to reinvigorate older content.

maybe only on my time zone. i dont see many people @ dry top.

something i think anet should focus on is the current they had. world boss rush and bonus on wvw are really helps.

i dont know if they gona do anything to EOTM or not. but i think they should.

keep creating new map for LS is really not a good idea. it just dragging players.

my personal experience: i entered dragon fall last tuesday and sadly i am the only one in the map.( not a parallel map)

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> I would not be opposed to them changing the core maps back to what they were at launch (assuming there isn't any achievements currently in game that require the new maps)

I wouldn't be opposed to that with Kessex, prior to the Tower of Nightmares it was my wifes favourite map so I know she would love to see it restored back to the way it used to look.

I agree that they should fix Kessex Hills, Lions Arch was destroyed and Anet didn't just leave it as a burning heap forever. It would also be a good opportunity to revitalize the map, perhaps with a new meta event or something, as it and so many other core maps are simply irrelevant for most players.

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> 1st the junk yards on kessex hills.. seriously?... how many yrs since "Tower of Nightmare" COME ON.

don't like ? don't go

> 2nd there are so many empty map like dry top , silverwastes etc. Is it time to consider how to solve that out instead of keep adding new map for LS.

silverwastes emty ? lol ofc it not emty. One of main farm gold maps.

> 3rd EOTM should be remove or replace. after all these years i dont know how many players will still enter EOTM.

EOTM not have pips. Play some people who close some achiv.

> 4th dungeons should re-develop... i used love to play dungeon, but sadly there is only small amount players around.. it such a waste

there is a lot off people who go dungeons. For example we have always 1-2 party in dungion. And you don't see them on lfg. This is guild members runs only. So try find one more guild.

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > 1st the junk yards on kessex hills.. seriously?... how many yrs since "Tower of Nightmare" COME ON.

> don't like ? don't go

>

> > 2nd there are so many empty map like dry top , silverwastes etc. Is it time to consider how to solve that out instead of keep adding new map for LS.

> silverwastes emty ? lol ofc it not emty. One of main farm gold maps.

>

> > 3rd EOTM should be remove or replace. after all these years i dont know how many players will still enter EOTM.

> EOTM not have pips. Play some people who close some achiv.

>

> > 4th dungeons should re-develop... i used love to play dungeon, but sadly there is only small amount players around.. it such a waste

> there is a lot off people who go dungeons. For example we have always 1-2 party in dungion. And you don't see them on lfg. This is guild members runs only. So try find one more guild.

>

well... i dont know how long you had play gw2. if you havent been thought this probably you wont understand.

as a veteran kessex hills is like childhood memory. its a good place to lvl toons. (imagine a place you use to lived had been crash, and after 7 yrs is still a junk yard)

for dungeons, yes is still have people running it. but is rare to see people willing to run Cof , Coe, Hotw not to mention arah.

back in the old days you will see post on lfg for cof 24/7 every minute

Speaking for EU (central European time-zones), both Drytop and Silverwastes are populated and active - sometimes. It is a bit of a gamble, there is not always an active commander in Drytop. But judging from the fact that I visit the map once per day and often run into a T3/T4 area, the situation there is still pretty good. Silverwastes is the no-brain farm hell, still. It is often run without a commander, with too less people and VW often fails when I go there. But there are still people who grind this place, like there is no tomorrow.

They solved the activity problem on most maps with the rotating daily system. Every day there is another map with Daily Events, as well as the LS3+LS4 daily map rotation. Those maps are populated during that time period. If you have got any achievements to do/complete, that is the best time to do it. If you want to explore these maps and immerse in the design, play them when they are not part of the daily. Is that design good? Well, it works.

WvW is somehow vital for the game. A lot of people still play that content actively and the bandwagon-transfers earn the company a lot of money. They keep this content active with little effort, compared to other content. Community wise? ANet earns tremendous applause for every feature they shut down. What ever they added to improve this content is seen as an obstacle.

We have no clue about the size of their teams, which content-parts even have dedicated teams, and their schedules. Without Bobby, many of us would still believe they are working on the next Raid Wing at the moment. My current guess about the WvW "team" is a the desk of one person with four drawers behind, one is labeled with "WvW." The balance team around the demigod CmC, not larger than a team of five. The support team is probably larger. LW currently smaller than support, larger than balancing. Cantha, I fear not the largest team. But that is just a random guess of a random player.

Dungeons are on the stack of discontinued projects. Nothing ever leaves that stack.

> @"Waffler.1257" said:

> I agree that they should fix Kessex Hills, Lions Arch was destroyed and Anet didn't just leave it as a burning heap forever. It would also be a good opportunity to revitalize the map, perhaps with a new meta event or something, as it and so many other core maps are simply irrelevant for most players.

To be fair, the Pact have been a little distracted with a certain uprising to the north, but I do hope that once that is all sorted out we have some global narrative to clean up some of the more.neglected regions of tyria. Lion's arch was mostly rebuild off the back of the Black Lion Trading Company and the captain's council.

> @"lare.5129" said:

> don't like ? don't go

>

> silverwastes emty ? lol ofc it not emty. One of main farm gold maps.

>

> EOTM not have pips. Play some people who close some achiv.

>

> there is a lot off people who go dungeons. For example we have always 1-2 party in dungion. And you don't see them on lfg. This is guild members runs only. So try find one more guild.

>

Always. Always has to be someone like this. Silverwastes? Maybe, at a certain time of the day for about an hour or so, the map has people doing the meta. Maybe, just maybe, you are lucky enough to have time to play at that exact hour, check LFG (if one was even posted), and then get to take part. But that is happening with less and less frequency.

Also, there are certainly not a "lot off people who go dungeons". Hasn't been in years.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > In my opinion anet should really start to clean up some mess.

> >

> Maps are a "moment in time" and structured around the personal story in core. Changing them would add unnecessary confusion for new players.

Didn't stop them from doing it before, core GW2 needs to be updated to keep pace with the current game. Right now we have three generations or versions of the game (Less so with HoT vs PoF but its still there-ish) that teach completely different gameplay. Id say make Core tyria more like the expansions, sure its time and its investment but it will pay off and players will go back and explore. Honestly they could of left tower of nightmare present and just had it as an end-game content loop that is like a challenge mode, kinda like tower of torghast thats coming to WoW in their next expansion? They rebuilt lions arch after all, is that no confusing to have the Personal story take you to a different version of it, show it to you and then show you the new one? Consistency is key. If you can do it there, you can do it here. Id wager just add something to kessex hills in its place, Elonians and Awoken are now in contact with Divinities reach. Maybe explain it away that they came and helped? Perhaps even the olmakhan came up to do some work? Just tie the story together, so players can kind of have more going on. We have events from the living world going off in core tyria too... is THAT not confusing? With white mantle/bandits/awoken/kralk rifts sprouting up everywhere?

> I can't argue on this one.

Just bring it in as an extra map for WvW and update it to function like Red BL, so while yes we have ANOTHER map to fight on its a way to ensure less lag and population control. It would spread people out but it would also bring forward a solution other than "lets decrease the amount of people who can be in WvW maps" there would be no need if we had new maps. Heck Id very much like new maps in general... but Edge is there and basically ready it just needs some tweaks and fixes, it even has unique mechanics that could be rolled into other maps. (Objectives have more weight... and CHARR SIEGE DEVOURS!!! COME ON!!!)

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > In my opinion anet should really start to clean up some mess.

> > >

> > > 1st the junk yards on kessex hills.. seriously?... how many yrs since "Tower of Nightmare" COME ON.

> > Maps are a "moment in time" and structured around the personal story in core. Changing them would add unnecessary confusion for new players.

>

> Didn't stop them from doing it before, core GW2 needs to be updated to keep pace with the current game.

Which maps (excluding LA) have been updated?

>They rebuilt lions arch after all, is that no confusing to have the Personal story take you to a different version of it, show it to you and then show you the new one?

Absolutely agree. It is confusing. Now, imagine that with all of the core maps. But I think that the rebuild of LA was probably already in the works during season 1. It may be that this was the catalyst for the decision to not update the rest of core.

> We have events from the living world going off in core tyria too... is THAT not confusing? With white mantle/bandits/awoken/kralk rifts sprouting up everywhere?

Events are not map overhauls. Yes, they can be confusing but I believe less so than updating core maps.

Just my opinion.

I agree about Kessex Hills. It's probably my least favourite map in the game because of the mess they made of it. To me, the ruins of the Tower of Nightmares are actually the least bad part of the Season 1 leftovers. The Toxic Alliance events annoy me way more - aside from being overtuned for a map of that level, they're given no context and the rest of the map behaves like they aren't there, as if the map is stuck in two points in time rather than one. It feels like the kind of mistake one might expect in a fan-made map, like "this level isn't hard enough so lets randomly scatter some tough enemies around, let's label them as 'toxic' and give them a green glow so the players know they're baddies".

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > > In my opinion anet should really start to clean up some mess.

> > > >

> > > > 1st the junk yards on kessex hills.. seriously?... how many yrs since "Tower of Nightmare" COME ON.

> > > Maps are a "moment in time" and structured around the personal story in core. Changing them would add unnecessary confusion for new players.

> >

> > Didn't stop them from doing it before, core GW2 needs to be updated to keep pace with the current game.

> Which maps (excluding LA) have been updated?

I think I must be misunderstanding the question, because the answer at least includes Kessex Hills, Iron Marches (Mordrem events, anomaly events), Queensdale (Bandit bosses - you know, Vic the Butcher, Kenny the Ripper, whatever they're called), Gendarran Fields and Timberline Falls (anomaly events). Presumably those aren't substantial enough changes for you to consider them 'updated'?

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> well... i dont know how long you had play gw2.

7 years acc. As main game - 5 years.

>if you havent been thought this probably you wont understand. as a veteran kessex hills is like childhood memory. its a good place to lvl toons. (imagine a place you use to lived had been crash, and after 7 yrs is still a junk yard)

so someone have some nostalgia .. but I can't say "ou, I have another memories, plz bring something" .. this is non logic.

>

> for dungeons, yes is still have people running it. but is rare to see people willing to run Cof , Coe, Hotw not to mention arah.

on lfg ? ofc no. On iiner guil;d run - ofc yes.

> back in the old days you will see post on lfg for cof 24/7 every minute

again - lfg is obsolete for some content, but not content.

Part of the problem with revitalizing core zones (as far as I see it) is that much of the population seems to be more interested in new zones. It would be a lot of work for much lower return when paired against new zone creation (or expansions). I'm not certain that there is enough interest in updating core zones to justify the resources.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > > In my opinion anet should really start to clean up some mess.

> > > >

> > > > 1st the junk yards on kessex hills.. seriously?... how many yrs since "Tower of Nightmare" COME ON.

> > > Maps are a "moment in time" and structured around the personal story in core. Changing them would add unnecessary confusion for new players.

> >

> > Didn't stop them from doing it before, core GW2 needs to be updated to keep pace with the current game.

> Which maps (excluding LA) have been updated?

> >They rebuilt lions arch after all, is that no confusing to have the Personal story take you to a different version of it, show it to you and then show you the new one?

> Absolutely agree. It is confusing. Now, imagine that with all of the core maps. But I think that the rebuild of LA was probably already in the works during season 1. It may be that this was the catalyst for the decision to not update the rest of core.

> > We have events from the living world going off in core tyria too... is THAT not confusing? With white mantle/bandits/awoken/kralk rifts sprouting up everywhere?

> Events are not map overhauls. Yes, they can be confusing but I believe less so than updating core maps.

>

> Just my opinion.

Hate to break it to you but your opinion is semi-wrong. Because simply put Core < The expansions/living world. The core maps literally feel like a different game which is NOT OK. They feel like they lack the quality of modern maps, and honestly I feel like cleaning them up and bringing them up to snuff would be fine and the playerbase outside of outliers like yourself likely wouldn't care. Plus they could find ways to funnel people into those maps because outside of clearing the map to get the gift of exploration I NEVER set foot in those maps, because there is little need to do so anymore.

The new maps give (Especially drizzlewood) way more benefit and reward to being there, rather than seven year old maps with nothing going for them as well they really dampen the new player experience because their build is dated. The game HAS to evolve and move forward, since they wont make new low level maps for players then they need to spruce these ones up to make the leveling/learning process more fun and less dated. Implement the new mechanics and teach players, or we will always have the disparity of which they've tried to fix. Strikes wont teach players mechanics and help them unlearn mechanics and playstyles they've learned from over HOURS upon HOURS of playtime. No the learn curve will simply either A make them ignore the game mode, like raids OR B simply quit and move on and that does not help the reputation of the game as a whole.

There is more at stake than confusing people with the narrative (Which most of us seem to not care about anymore? Like honestly the story has become jumbled, most lore is retconned when needed and nothing is 100% tied to anything. If you go from personal story to living world you skip ALL of the content leading to S2 and the little missions they added in Eye of the north doesn't solve anything. Case and point my friend went and did them recently, and told me she still didn't understand who the heck these characters are or why she should care; She personally wants all of dragons watch dead because she has no connection to them. If that can be allowed to exist, then I dont know what to tell you. That is a NARRATIVE point which guild wars 2 prides itself on being a narrative driven game, if you can allow that level of confusion and misunderstanding to exist for players than how is changing the map going to do worse? Modern graphics and the things they have learned will make those maps 100% better. And likely will make them utilized far more than they currently and likely are~

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

>

> Hate to break it to you but your opinion is semi-wrong.

An opinion can't be "wrong". You may not agree with it and that's fine. ;)

>Because simply put Core < The expansions/living world. The core maps literally feel like a different game which is NOT OK. They feel like they lack the quality of modern maps, and honestly I feel like cleaning them up and bringing them up to snuff would be fine and the playerbase outside of outliers like yourself likely wouldn't care.

I disagree with your opinion.

> Plus they could find ways to funnel people into those maps because outside of clearing the map to get the gift of exploration I NEVER set foot in those maps, because there is little need to do so anymore.

To me, that would be backward-thinking. ANet doesn't need to funnel players back into core maps. Where would be the incentive for players to purchase new content? This might have the potential to make a dent in ANet's finances. Also, if they were to update the maps, it wouldn't take long for players to burn through them like a swarm of locusts and then not set foot in them again because there would, again, be little need to do so.

>

> The new maps give (Especially drizzlewood) way more benefit and reward to being there, rather than seven year old maps with nothing going for them as well they really dampen the new player experience because their build is dated.

With most players pushing for end game content, and probably the majority of the current player base already there, it makes more sense to me to continue with new content rather than updating older content.

>The game HAS to evolve and move forward, since they wont make new low level maps for players then they need to spruce these ones up to make the leveling/learning process more fun and less dated. Implement the new mechanics and teach players, or we will always have the disparity of which they've tried to fix. Strikes wont teach players mechanics and help them unlearn mechanics and playstyles they've learned from over HOURS upon HOURS of playtime. No the learn curve will simply either A make them ignore the game mode, like raids OR B simply quit and move on and that does not help the reputation of the game as a whole.

This is already being done with expansions and new maps. Could it be done better? Absolutely.

>

> There is more at stake than confusing people with the narrative (Which most of us seem to not care about anymore? Like honestly the story has become jumbled, most lore is retconned when needed and nothing is 100% tied to anything. If you go from personal story to living world you skip ALL of the content leading to S2 and the little missions they added in Eye of the north doesn't solve anything. Case and point my friend went and did them recently, and told me she still didn't understand who the heck these characters are or why she should care; She personally wants all of dragons watch dead because she has no connection to them. If that can be allowed to exist, then I dont know what to tell you. That is a NARRATIVE point which guild wars 2 prides itself on being a narrative driven game, if you can allow that level of confusion and misunderstanding to exist for players than how is changing the map going to do worse? Modern graphics and the things they have learned will make those maps 100% better. And likely will make them utilized far more than they currently and likely are~

Experiences are different for different people as well as expectations. My spouse is playing through the personal story several years behind when I did it and not having the issue that your friend had. /shrug

Core < Expansions and living world? SERIOUSLY???

Core is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to living seasons.

Expansions = Core.

The living seasons and episodes stinks, with a very bad story, each episodes feel separated from each others without substances. You definitely feels like the Audio team and Map designers are doing their best whereas the story writers and events team are trying to destroy and waste all their efforts.

Core in fact, is the best content with expansions, for the simple following reasons:

-It introduced all the big events and contents: Ls1, Guild halls, raids, fractals, mounts, glider, dungeons.

-It made the maps having a soul through adding heart quests, jumping puzzles and very dynamic and long event chains: map events or world bosses, taking in account success of events OR FAIL.

-It introduced the players to the different festivals: assasination of a captain during dragon bash , election of ellen kiel for festival of four winds, scarlet taking over crown pavilion, the story of blood prince thorn for halloween, first time of wintersday...

-It created the bricks of guild halls again, by introducing ton of decos and scribing.

-About dungeons, in addition of the fletched zhaithan story, it added nice secondary story arcs.

In fact, the reason why SAB is still not finished, guild or rp ignored, that dungeons aren't supported anymore, secondary plots not involving dragons not seen or finished IS because of those crappy quaggan living seasons are pumping too much ressources!! Seriously, you have EMOTES from doing episodes achievs: don't you think you could earn them by speaking to an npc in core maps?

Can't have we waited more for icebrood saga to be an expansion, doing the whole story in one time?

Expac of sylvaris, expac human, why not expac charr-norn? Sigh.

I'm still going to check out those episodes, but I'm not supporting that format. The quality decreased over the years, the frost citadel and the claw of jormag is the proof.

I still pop into EOTM when I need to kill some Guards for a WvW daily and the WvW maps are too busy. I also still have on my to do list to hit some of those achievements, like diving into a bucket of water. I'm sure I'll get to those....one of these days...maybe... I wouldn't be opposed to it being converted into a regular WvW map, though. Spread out those WvWers to make it easier to do PvE in WvW I say!

Kessex Hills doesn't bother me at all, but I do avoid the toxic tower junk. And I've been around since early GW1 days. I'd rather see new areas added than bother with revamping Kessex. And do we need another meta there? I don't see why.

In NA Arizona time, I always see activity in Dry Top and Silverwastes. So apparently it is a region/time zone issue.

Dungeons are dead. I hang onto Tyrian Exchange Vouchers to solve my dungeon currency for legendaries needs. Requests for changes to dungeons just need to stop.