can you stop making skills that does almost the same thing

felix.2386

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sight_beyond_Sight

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22On_My_Mark!%22

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Balanced_Stance

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dolyak_Signet

these skills literally does almost the same thing with minimum alteration and shares almost identical cooldown in pvp while one is being better then the other.

why warrior, being the class with access to the most weapons, has to endure the fact that most weapons act the same, but utilities also all play the same...why is that..

also all spellbreaker utilities literally has the same animation effects...

anet is lazy on warrior is unbelievable..

https://clips.twitch.tv/AuspiciousApatheticScorpionMau5

6 months of completely unplayable in pvp is some nice achievement from the balance team.

• 4 weeks later...

^ this.

I think cleanses on warrior have the same problem, even though those are not similar in their other effects. They're stackable, so to avoid a situation in which the warrior can have an unfair amount of it, they are also given quite high cooldowns.this leads to them having less worth individually, and so viable builds are really boxed in.

If warr had utilities that had drastically different purposes from one another, there'd probably also be more variety.

Balanced Stance is resistant to corruptions because it pulses the Stab.

Dolyak Signet is a longer lasting Stability which can be corrupted immediately and essentially countered and removed.

Dolyak also gives passive Toughness as well as heals upon activation.

Those 2 skills are very different in functionality and even more different when used in practice.

SBS tho, is pretty bad even when compared to On my mark, and even then, yu lose out too much by even wanting to slot either skills.

They should at least make SBS make the Warrior immune to Blinds for the entire 5 second duration.

> @"Pati.2438" said:

> SBS seems first useless but it is actually a must have thing in gvg. Why? simple cause its an aoe stealth remove skill.... wile on my mark only reveal one targed

Guess the OP only really sees thing from a PvP standpoint, and if that's the case, SBS is kinda underwhelming, but as I said, yu already lose too much in smallscale fights by choosing to slot a Reveal skill.

OMM and SBS are both kind of underwhelming.

SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

OMM would be fine if we had a trait that did something when you inflicted vuln on a target.

BS and Dolyak Signet are fine individually, but Dolyak could heal for more, in fact I'd like our signet trait to improve our signet active effects rather than the extra ferocity.

This is why I really hope the next spec brings in brand new mechanics for the warrior... gates, shield walls, barrier devices with HP, heck even a squad summon. The most important thing though for warrior... is also access to more than 2 Burst buttons... Warrior needs to choose out of at least 4 burst abilities to spend the adrenalin on, make the class more complex with the next spec and give it access to the things it lacks (1 hand range), sorry staff junkies.. I really dont see what that weapon is going to bring to the warrior that is new.

The thing that does make me laugh between Dolyak signet and Balanced stance, is that the signet provides an overall better stability source, while having a lower CD with trait.

Sight beyond Sight really needs an overhaul, in its current state I will never take it.. why should I? When On my mark is clearly better.

What Sight Beyond Sight should do, for 5s reveal nearby foes, chill them for 5s and you become immune to blind for 5's. This skill looks like it was designed as a target lock down skill but does not allow the user to use it for such.

It could have a bonus effect added to it: If a target is revealed grant swiftness to yourself and allies.

Another skill that I believe should be changed:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Imminent_Threat

This should be changed to 'Taunt your foes into attacking you, absorb their attacks and return the damage with a follow up AoE attack.' Duration of absorb for the same time as the taunt time.

Just don't get me started on the treatment of ;

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Break_Enchantments

Vs

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Facet_of_Nature%E2%80%94Assassin

for PvP balance. (it may not say it on the wiki, but True nature has a damage attached to it (alike the warriors version is also unblockable but does 10x the damage))

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> Balanced Stance is resistant to corruptions because it pulses the Stab.

> Dolyak Signet is a longer lasting Stability which can be corrupted immediately and essentially countered and removed.

>

> Dolyak also gives passive Toughness as well as heals upon activation.

passive toughness and tiny amount of heal is basically nothingness and you don't take this skill for passive toughenss and heal, you take it for stab

and that's the main function of this skill and it's why people take it, any tiny alteration is meanlessly. dolyak signet is just lesser version of balanced stance which both are basically the same thing with one being pusle and being resistant to boonrip and corrupt while the other isn't and both has 60 second cooldown

you will never see anything on any class this close at all while both being the same core utility skills

like you seem to have diversity but it's not a choice at all, both skill fit in to the same build for the same reason and for the same function and is completely interchangeable. like seriously?

why do anet have to waste a skill just to have the same thing..

> @"Pati.2438" said:

> SBS seems first useless but it is actually a must have thing in gvg. Why? simple cause its an aoe stealth remove skill.... wile on my mark only reveal one targed

How so, why do you even need SBS, all you have to do is OMM one person and you will know where the rest of the people are and OMM is 1200 range.

600 radius for SBS is literally too late if people decide to coordinate stealth bomb.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> OMM and SBS are both kind of underwhelming.

>

> SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

You don't seem to understand your class, SBS only make one single hit crit.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

>This is why I really hope the next spec brings in brand new mechanics for the warrior... gates, shield walls, barrier devices with HP, heck even a squad summon. The most important thing though for warrior... is also access to more than 2 Burst buttons...

Same, I think most of all I'd like to see some more meaningful changes to burst skills' replacements, something that would be closer to difference between guard and FB, if that makes sense.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > OMM and SBS are both kind of underwhelming.

> >

> > SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> .

>

> You don't seem to understand your class, SBS only make one single hit crit.

Reread his post, because you didn't understand it.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > OMM and SBS are both kind of underwhelming.

> > >

> > > SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> > .

> >

> > You don't seem to understand your class, SBS only make one single hit crit.

>

> Reread his post, because you didn't understand it.

is it me? or you. try again.

> make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > OMM and SBS are both kind of underwhelming.

> > > >

> > > > SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> > > .

> > >

> > > You don't seem to understand your class, SBS only make one single hit crit.

> >

> > Reread his post, because you didn't understand it.

>

> “make all your attacks crit for the duration.”

> is it me? or you.

Now stop cutting out words that change what he said. ;)

Yeah, it's you.

_______

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > OMM and SBS are both kind of underwhelming.

> > > >

> > > > SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> > > .

> > >

> > > You don't seem to understand your class, SBS only make one single hit crit.

> >

> > Reread his post, because you didn't understand it.

>

> is it me? or you. try again.

> > make all your attacks crit for the duration.

Jeeeeesus, now you edit it to be even more "in my face" with "try again" and you still quote only part of his sentence. You clearly like me a lot for some reason, but you're still wrong here, calm down now and go reread.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > OMM and SBS are both kind of underwhelming.

> > > > >

> > > > > SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> > > > .

> > > >

> > > > You don't seem to understand your class, SBS only make one single hit crit.

> > >

> > > Reread his post, because you didn't understand it.

> >

> > “make all your attacks crit for the duration.”

> > is it me? or you.

>

> Now stop cutting out words that change what he said. ;)

> Yeah, it's you.

i cutted ", And"

yes that's changes what he said, i'm pretty sure now you either troll or just Ian's alt

Or you literally don't know what's wrong with what he said.

try again.

> and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > OMM and SBS are both kind of underwhelming.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> > > > > .

> > > > >

> > > > > You don't seem to understand your class, SBS only make one single hit crit.

> > > >

> > > > Reread his post, because you didn't understand it.

> > >

> > > “make all your attacks crit for the duration.”

> > > is it me? or you.

> >

> > Now stop cutting out words that change what he said. ;)

> > Yeah, it's you.

>

> i cutted ", And"

> yes that's changes what he said, i'm literally sure either you are troll or 90% Ian's alt account.

>

> > and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

This is what he wrote:

"SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration."

Please, stop failing, I'm getting secondhand embarrassment reading how "you're pretty sure I'm a troll" and you somehow got me. I don't know what your problem is, but oof.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > OMM and SBS are both kind of underwhelming.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> > > > > > .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You don't seem to understand your class, SBS only make one single hit crit.

> > > > >

> > > > > Reread his post, because you didn't understand it.

> > > >

> > > > “make all your attacks crit for the duration.”

> > > > is it me? or you.

> > >

> > > Now stop cutting out words that change what he said. ;)

> > > Yeah, it's you.

> >

> > i cutted ", And"

> > yes that's changes what he said, i'm literally sure either you are troll or 90% Ian's alt account.

> >

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

>

> This is what he wrote:

> "SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration."

>

> Please, stop failing, I'm getting secondhand embarrassment reading how you think I'm a troll and you somehow got me. I don't know what your problem is, but oof.

now i see, i apologize for my mistake, good day.

now back to topic.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > > OMM and SBS are both kind of underwhelming.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> > > > > > > .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You don't seem to understand your class, SBS only make one single hit crit.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Reread his post, because you didn't understand it.

> > > > >

> > > > > “make all your attacks crit for the duration.”

> > > > > is it me? or you.

> > > >

> > > > Now stop cutting out words that change what he said. ;)

> > > > Yeah, it's you.

> > >

> > > i cutted ", And"

> > > yes that's changes what he said, i'm literally sure either you are troll or 90% Ian's alt account.

> > >

> > > > and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> >

> > This is what he wrote:

> > "SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration."

> >

> > Please, stop failing, I'm getting secondhand embarrassment reading how you think I'm a troll and you somehow got me. I don't know what your problem is, but oof.

>

> now i see, i apologize for my mistake, good day.

Cute. :)

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > > > OMM and SBS are both kind of underwhelming.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> > > > > > > > .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You don't seem to understand your class, SBS only make one single hit crit.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Reread his post, because you didn't understand it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > “make all your attacks crit for the duration.”

> > > > > > is it me? or you.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now stop cutting out words that change what he said. ;)

> > > > > Yeah, it's you.

> > > >

> > > > i cutted ", And"

> > > > yes that's changes what he said, i'm literally sure either you are troll or 90% Ian's alt account.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> > >

> > > This is what he wrote:

> > > "SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration."

> > >

> > > Please, stop failing, I'm getting secondhand embarrassment reading how you think I'm a troll and you somehow got me. I don't know what your problem is, but oof.

> >

> > now i see, i apologize for my mistake, good day.

>

> Cute. :)

tho you not directly pointing out the "reading mistake" that i had and shifted to offtopic arugment

is pointless for the discussion of this topic.

now this page is full of discussion of nothing.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > > > > OMM and SBS are both kind of underwhelming.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> > > > > > > > > .

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You don't seem to understand your class, SBS only make one single hit crit.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Reread his post, because you didn't understand it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > “make all your attacks crit for the duration.”

> > > > > > > is it me? or you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now stop cutting out words that change what he said. ;)

> > > > > > Yeah, it's you.

> > > > >

> > > > > i cutted ", And"

> > > > > yes that's changes what he said, i'm literally sure either you are troll or 90% Ian's alt account.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > and make all your attacks crit for the duration.

> > > >

> > > > This is what he wrote:

> > > > "SBS should make you immune to blind for the duration, and make all your attacks crit for the duration."

> > > >

> > > > Please, stop failing, I'm getting secondhand embarrassment reading how you think I'm a troll and you somehow got me. I don't know what your problem is, but oof.

> > >

> > > now i see, i apologize for my mistake, good day.

> >

> > Cute. :)

>

> tho you not directly pointing out the "reading mistake" that i had and shifted to offtopic arugment

> is pointless for the discussion of this topic.

>

> now this page is full of discussion of nothing.

True that it's full of discussion of nothing, but I just asked you to reread, while apparently you refused (because I guess you didn't really reread the whole sentence, otherwise you'd probably understand what you've missed right away) and automatically decided I'm wrong/trolling/his alt account. Don't pin it on me now just because you assumed the worst of me. Misjudging someone's intentions on the forum is easy, happens to me too, w/e.

So:

1) Sobx isn't a troll.

2) We are not the same person.

3) My recommendation was to be immune to blind for 5s, and to make all attacks crit for those 5s.

If Deadeye can get a counter to a counter, then Spellbreaker can get a counter to a counter, and Spellbreaker is all about counters. Getting a utility that counters blind for a short duration is something worth discussing.

> If Deadeye can get a counter to a counter, then Spellbreaker can get a counter to a counter, and Spellbreaker is all about counters. Getting a utility that counters blind for a short duration is something worth discussing.

Idk about the crit but I second the Blind immunity.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

>

> > If Deadeye can get a counter to a counter, then Spellbreaker can get a counter to a counter, and Spellbreaker is all about counters. Getting a utility that counters blind for a short duration is something worth discussing.

>

> Idk about the crit but I second the Blind immunity.

>

>

100% on the blind immunity, but these +X effects on the next attack get wasted at times, giving at least a few seconds buffer on them lets them do their job properly. I'd be fine with 3s of crits instead of 5s, or heck 1s even, just not 'your next attack.'