Mirage runes

zealex.9410

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> Oh that's sad. If i get like 50 dmg from a bleeding or something and then do an aggressiv ambush, i'm gonna waste the 20 sec heal...

> I hoped for "+ to all Stats" and an activation on Elite.

>

> Well im gonna use Krait for WvW, am not interested in movespeed boni, and the elite synergy is nice when taking Jaunt

~~IIRC Rune triggers on charge abilities require you to have all your charges for them to trigger. Krait runes don't add a lot for Jaunt because of that.~~

EDIT: Rune triggers on charged abilities do not trigger off of charging them (i.e. mantras vs charges).

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Esplen.3940 said:

> > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > Oh that's sad. If i get like 50 dmg from a bleeding or something and then do an aggressiv ambush, i'm gonna waste the 20 sec heal...

> > I hoped for "+ to all Stats" and an activation on Elite.

> >

> > Well im gonna use Krait for WvW, am not interested in movespeed boni, and the elite synergy is nice when taking Jaunt

>

> IIRC Rune triggers on charge abilities require you to have all your charges for them to trigger. Krait runes don't add a lot for Jaunt because of that.

Im an unexperienced GW2 Player, so i gotta say if this is how it works in this Game, its 100% garbage and should 100% be changed. Why would i have a ICD in the Rune, when i have an unseen stupid second Cooldown in the Charge-System.

Can u show something official?

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > @Esplen.3940 said:

> > > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > > Oh that's sad. If i get like 50 dmg from a bleeding or something and then do an aggressiv ambush, i'm gonna waste the 20 sec heal...

> > > I hoped for "+ to all Stats" and an activation on Elite.

> > >

> > > Well im gonna use Krait for WvW, am not interested in movespeed boni, and the elite synergy is nice when taking Jaunt

> >

> > IIRC Rune triggers on charge abilities require you to have all your charges for them to trigger. Krait runes don't add a lot for Jaunt because of that.

>

> Im an unexperienced GW2 Player, so i gotta say if this is how it works in this Game, its 100% garbage and should 100% be changed. Why would i have a ICD in the Rune, when i have an unseen stupid second Cooldown in the Charge-System.

> Can u show something official?

Technically its not an unseen cd on the skill u can see it on the ui but yeah would be coller if it worked on each charge.

> @Exciton.8942 said:

> > @Hibiskus.8294 said:

> > I actually like the mirage rune...just: why is there a cooldown...i mean: we can evade 2 times and then we need to wait for regenerating Endurance....so we already have some sort of Cooldown...i really hope they take away the Cooldown from the 6th stat.... other way there is the rune of the undead wich i really like for mirage and it has no Cooldown on the 6th stat (dont get away from the heal when you evade, that is a pretty cool idea).

> >

> > but i really like the concept of the mirage and can not wait to see the changes....in one of the last stress test postings they said they have made a couple of changes to the new elite specs but they have not implemented it into the stress test since they are still working on it, so that we see them the first time when PoF will be released.

> >

> > Now i am some sort of hyped for PoF (and still hoping that they allow us to move when using sword 2....and maybe they read the Small staff rwork suggestion thread), but well we will see what PoF will bring to us...also i can not wait to get my hands on the skimmer, it is my favorite.......8 days...oh that seems soooo long.....

>

> If the heal is strong, w/o internal CD, daredevil can abuse it to make it potentially OP.

So, then just divide the heal by 20 and give it a 1s CD.

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> Im an unexperienced GW2 Player, so i gotta say if this is how it works in this Game, its 100% garbage and should 100% be changed. Why would i have a ICD in the Rune, when i have an unseen stupid second Cooldown in the Charge-System.

> Can u show something official?

Ok, I just tested it. It works as intended (i.e. each charge can trigger the rune).

I tested with Mantra of Recovery and Rune of the Aristocracy. Waiting 10s between each Mantra charge provides 3 might.

The bug was with Mantras not counting towards it, e.g. Mantra of Recovery does not grant 3 Might when you finish charging, only when consuming a charge. This bug still exists. It also happens with traits (Mantra of Recovery does not trigger Mender's Purity, not sure if it triggers Healing Prism).

Sorry for the confusion.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > @Exciton.8942 said:

> > > @Hibiskus.8294 said:

> > > I actually like the mirage rune...just: why is there a cooldown...i mean: we can evade 2 times and then we need to wait for regenerating Endurance....so we already have some sort of Cooldown...i really hope they take away the Cooldown from the 6th stat.... other way there is the rune of the undead wich i really like for mirage and it has no Cooldown on the 6th stat (dont get away from the heal when you evade, that is a pretty cool idea).

> > >

> > > but i really like the concept of the mirage and can not wait to see the changes....in one of the last stress test postings they said they have made a couple of changes to the new elite specs but they have not implemented it into the stress test since they are still working on it, so that we see them the first time when PoF will be released.

> > >

> > > Now i am some sort of hyped for PoF (and still hoping that they allow us to move when using sword 2....and maybe they read the Small staff rwork suggestion thread), but well we will see what PoF will bring to us...also i can not wait to get my hands on the skimmer, it is my favorite.......8 days...oh that seems soooo long.....

> >

> > If the heal is strong, w/o internal CD, daredevil can abuse it to make it potentially OP.

>

> So, then just divide the heal by 20 and give it a 1s CD.

As it is now dd gets more dodges than mirage no mater how you change it dd will benefit more from it.

You could however make this something that play with mirrors i.e "when you pass through a mirror recieve healing" 10 sec idc or w/e

> @zealex.9410 said:

> As it is now dd gets more dodges than mirage no mater how you change it dd will benefit more from it.

>

> You could however make this something that play with mirrors i.e "when you pass through a mirror recieve healing" 10 sec idc or w/e

That's a different issue, then. Ideally, you wouldn't want a rune that only affects one profession, you want one that benefits the primary profession and can be used by others.

Even Soulbeasts' rune is usable by everyone and tied around having (or not) a pet (which no profession except Ranger has).

Spellbreakers' provides an easier Scholar bonus and can be used by everyone, but it is stronger on ripping professions (aka Spellbreaker).

If possible (probably not), I would say convert Mirages' into:

Heal after evading. No ICD.

Note that evading would not be tied to dodge rolling, so it would heal after using Blurred Frenzy, Mirage Cloak, and picking up Mirrors. This would allow other professions to utilize it (see Daredevil), while also still primarily benefiting a Mirage (theoretically).

Of course, that's not entirely possible because it would then have to keep track of when evades end as well as what is an evade, because there are abilities that provide evasion effects. If it was just on dodging, it wouldn't work on Mirrors, and would be better for Daredevils.

If it was on successful evades with no ICD you could full heal by dodging (any profession) through AoE/PvE shenanigans.

> @Esplen.3940 said:

> > @zealex.9410 said:

> > As it is now dd gets more dodges than mirage no mater how you change it dd will benefit more from it.

> >

> > You could however make this something that play with mirrors i.e "when you pass through a mirror recieve healing" 10 sec idc or w/e

>

> That's a different issue, then. Ideally, you wouldn't want a rune that only affects one profession, you want one that benefits the primary profession and can be used by others.

> Even Soulbeasts' rune is usable by everyone and tied around having (or not) a pet (which no profession except Ranger has).

> Spellbreakers' provides an easier Scholar bonus and can be used by everyone, but it is stronger on ripping professions (aka Spellbreaker).

>

> If possible (probably not), I would say convert Mirages' into:

> Heal after evading. No ICD.

>

> Note that evading would not be tied to dodge rolling, so it would heal after using Blurred Frenzy, Mirage Cloak, and picking up Mirrors. This would allow other professions to utilize it (see Daredevil), while also still primarily benefiting a Mirage (theoretically).

>

> Of course, that's not entirely possible because it would then have to keep track of when evades end as well as what is an evade, because there are abilities that provide evasion effects. If it was just on dodging, it wouldn't work on Mirrors, and would be better for Daredevils.

>

> If it was on successful evades with no ICD you could full heal by dodging (any profession) through AoE/PvE shenanigans.

W8 how doni get the benefit of the 6 piece of the soulbeast on a warr?

Also the evade im sure covers everything from sword 2 to mirrors to mirage cloak but its the evade attack that makes it so much situational.

> @Esplen.3940 said:

> > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > Im an unexperienced GW2 Player, so i gotta say if this is how it works in this Game, its 100% garbage and should 100% be changed. Why would i have a ICD in the Rune, when i have an unseen stupid second Cooldown in the Charge-System.

> > Can u show something official?

>

> Ok, I just tested it. It works as intended (i.e. each charge can trigger the rune).

> I tested with Mantra of Recovery and Rune of the Aristocracy. Waiting 10s between each Mantra charge provides 3 might.

>

> The bug was with Mantras not counting towards it, e.g. Mantra of Recovery does not grant 3 Might when you finish charging, only when consuming a charge. This bug still exists. It also happens with traits (Mantra of Recovery does not trigger Mender's Purity, not sure if it triggers Healing Prism).

>

> Sorry for the confusion.

Ok nice , so my evil 4 Condi's Jaunts are possible ? :D Really like the idea of having a secondary poison apply after sigils, and/or chaos Storm.

+ Bleed/Torment/Poison could act as "cover condis" for confusion.

If this works as intended and we maybe get some Range on Jaunt or more Radius, this could be veeeery strong i think.

> @zealex.9410 said:

> W8 how doni get the benefit of the 6 piece of the soulbeast on a warr?

>

> Also the evade im sure covers everything from sword 2 to mirrors to mirage cloak but its the evade attack that makes it so much situational.

Rune of the Soulbeast:

When you have an active pet, gain condition damage equal to 7% of your power. When you do not have an active pet, gain toughness equal to 7% of your condition damage.

It accounts for all scenarios. It might not be good, but it's not a wasted 6bonus on many professions (see: Rune of the Deadeye).

As for evades, there's a difference between evading an attack and gaining evasion (there's really no term for it, but the act of not only dodging but gaining evade). That's what I was aiming for.

> @Esplen.3940 said:

> > @zealex.9410 said:

> > W8 how doni get the benefit of the 6 piece of the soulbeast on a warr?

> >

> > Also the evade im sure covers everything from sword 2 to mirrors to mirage cloak but its the evade attack that makes it so much situational.

>

> Rune of the Soulbeast:

> When you have an active pet, gain condition damage equal to 7% of your power. When you do not have an active pet, gain toughness equal to 7% of your condition damage.

>

> It accounts for all scenarios. It might not be good, but it's not a wasted 6bonus on many professions (see: Rune of the Deadeye).

>

> As for evades, there's a difference between evading an attack and gaining evasion (there's really no term for it, but the act of not only dodging but gaining evade). That's what I was aiming for.

Id assume u mean the toughtness part works with all classes right? As for the evade discussion i understood that ye.

> @zealex.9410 said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > @Exciton.8942 said:

> > > > @Hibiskus.8294 said:

> > > > I actually like the mirage rune...just: why is there a cooldown...i mean: we can evade 2 times and then we need to wait for regenerating Endurance....so we already have some sort of Cooldown...i really hope they take away the Cooldown from the 6th stat.... other way there is the rune of the undead wich i really like for mirage and it has no Cooldown on the 6th stat (dont get away from the heal when you evade, that is a pretty cool idea).

> > > >

> > > > but i really like the concept of the mirage and can not wait to see the changes....in one of the last stress test postings they said they have made a couple of changes to the new elite specs but they have not implemented it into the stress test since they are still working on it, so that we see them the first time when PoF will be released.

> > > >

> > > > Now i am some sort of hyped for PoF (and still hoping that they allow us to move when using sword 2....and maybe they read the Small staff rwork suggestion thread), but well we will see what PoF will bring to us...also i can not wait to get my hands on the skimmer, it is my favorite.......8 days...oh that seems soooo long.....

> > >

> > > If the heal is strong, w/o internal CD, daredevil can abuse it to make it potentially OP.

> >

> > So, then just divide the heal by 20 and give it a 1s CD.

>

> As it is now dd gets more dodges than mirage no mater how you change it dd will benefit more from it.

>

> You could however make this something that play with mirrors i.e "when you pass through a mirror recieve healing" 10 sec idc or w/e

I was merely making a suggestion to make the runes better, to me it would be better as a smaller heal available more often. It's on evade too, not dodge so you can evade with weapon skills like Blurred Frenzy or effects like Blur.

Just because it has "Mirage" in the name, doesn't mean something else won't/shouldn't benefit from it more than Mirage.

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> DISGUSTINGLY OP! WOW MIRAGE IS SOME TANKY kitten HERE! HEAL ON DODGE?! WHICH OTHER CLASS HAS THAT! (/s)

>

> I think the 20s CD is too much but an ICD is really required. Just imagine this thing on Condi DD...

Obviously some sort of ICD is needed, but 20s is hilariously bad. It's probably gonna be something like a 1k heal too.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > @zealex.9410 said:

> > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > @Exciton.8942 said:

> > > > > @Hibiskus.8294 said:

> > > > > I actually like the mirage rune...just: why is there a cooldown...i mean: we can evade 2 times and then we need to wait for regenerating Endurance....so we already have some sort of Cooldown...i really hope they take away the Cooldown from the 6th stat.... other way there is the rune of the undead wich i really like for mirage and it has no Cooldown on the 6th stat (dont get away from the heal when you evade, that is a pretty cool idea).

> > > > >

> > > > > but i really like the concept of the mirage and can not wait to see the changes....in one of the last stress test postings they said they have made a couple of changes to the new elite specs but they have not implemented it into the stress test since they are still working on it, so that we see them the first time when PoF will be released.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now i am some sort of hyped for PoF (and still hoping that they allow us to move when using sword 2....and maybe they read the Small staff rwork suggestion thread), but well we will see what PoF will bring to us...also i can not wait to get my hands on the skimmer, it is my favorite.......8 days...oh that seems soooo long.....

> > > >

> > > > If the heal is strong, w/o internal CD, daredevil can abuse it to make it potentially OP.

> > >

> > > So, then just divide the heal by 20 and give it a 1s CD.

> >

> > As it is now dd gets more dodges than mirage no mater how you change it dd will benefit more from it.

> >

> > You could however make this something that play with mirrors i.e "when you pass through a mirror recieve healing" 10 sec idc or w/e

>

> I was merely making a suggestion to make the runes better, to me it would be better as a smaller heal available more often. It's on evade too, not dodge so you can evade with weapon skills like Blurred Frenzy or effects like Blur.

>

> Just because it has "Mirage" in the name, doesn't mean something else won't/shouldn't benefit from it more than Mirage.

No i mean condi this imo is already bad enough to play against this would be an unneeded buff to them but i see where you are comming.

> @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > @Esplen.3940 said:

> > Keep in mind, Barrier is capped at 50% of your max health.

>

> And starts decaying 2s after application. Being able to pump out leap finishers will let you maintain it for longer.

How many leap finishers are we talking about lmao. And besides i dough this run will be super strong weaver already gets passive barrier from traits.

> @zealex.9410 said:

> > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > @Esplen.3940 said:

> > > Keep in mind, Barrier is capped at 50% of your max health.

> >

> > And starts decaying 2s after application. Being able to pump out leap finishers will let you maintain it for longer.

>

> How many leap finishers are we talking about lmao. And besides i dough this run will be super strong weaver already gets passive barrier from traits.

Well, you're obviously not going to be able to stack like a scourge, but between jaunt and phase retreat you should be able to maintain barrier while you're engaging for an offensive action.

Disclaimer: this totally isn't worth taking mirage just to get jaunt for, but it would be sorta cute to do.