Guild Wars 2 most/least wanted Target

snoow.1694

During your solo queues which classes are usually the first target you call right before the first team fight happens and which one‘s you like to not engage with until all others are down?

For me the most wanted target is before all the Necromancer and it‘s Elite Specs, since taking it out often results in a huge DPS cut for the enemy team. Warriors and Revenants are my least favorite targets, because of invuls that can outlast spikes and put alot of offensive capabilities of your team on cooldown

What about you?

Reaper mostly first target, than Soulbeast, Weaver, Core Necro, Condi Thief, Renegade, Mesmer, Mirage and Chrono, Than Powerrev, Condi rev(but becarefull at both for glint heal), Tempest, Core ranger, druid, core ele, than rest

I don't like to focus on Guards in general, because they have a lot of sustain, mostly the target on something squishy gives more value because you get a faster outnumbering

> @"snoow.1694" said:

> During your solo queues which classes are usually the first target you call right before the first team fight happens and which one‘s you like to not engage with until all others are down?

>

> For me the most wanted target is before all the Necromancer and it‘s Elite Specs, since taking it out often results in a huge DPS cut for the enemy team. Warriors and Revenants are my least favorite targets, because of invuls that can outlast spikes and put alot of offensive capabilities of your team on cooldown

>

> What about you?

Completely situational.

Really what you need to be doing in terms of "prioritizing what you want to eliminate from the team fight first", is a mixture of identifying the player who poses the greatest current threat, and which player is simply the easiest to kill quickly so you can get a number advantage. I find that sometimes it's best to kill the easy target, but other times you need to pressure the player who is currently posing a great threat for whatever reason that is.

Examples:

* I'm a DPS LB/GS Ranger. Everyone in on my team and against me is roughly of the same skill level. No outlier circumstances are happening, no one is coming to engage me 1v1. When I approach the 3v3 team fight at mid there is a Reaper and he has no support. I target the Reaper.

* ^ Same situation as above, but the Reaper has a good Tempest with him. I have to target the Tempest or it is unlikely we will be able to down the Reaper to begin with, and if we can, chances are he'll be revived.

* I'm still a DPS LB/GS Ranger. The enemy engages me on a side node 2v1, I am alone. They come at me with a Tanky Scrapper who has little damage and who will take a long time to kill. The other opponent is a PD Condi Thief. Obviously I need to kite the Scrapper and immediately put all offensive pressure on the PD Thief.

* ^ Same situation as above. But this time the Scrapper is Cuilan and he is running DPS, and the PD Thief is a random who sucks. In this situation, I stay on the node and try to keep Cuilan decaped with LB4 and GS4, putting most attention on dodging his DPS, hoping I can land a burst to down him, while kiting the PD Thief who is using a bad version of the build, who is predictable and easy to work around.

I mean it really just boils down to plain common sense, when it comes to "which opponent should be the priority target." Don't pigeonhole yourself into some tunnel vision mind set of: "Well the Necro should always be the first target" because it simply is not true if you want to play above plat levels.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> Killing is one thing but pressuring the support is very good in general. Of course it depends, but usually a dead enemy tempest is a won teamfight.

I would not even take this as good advise. You will convince scrubs with no damage to target a Tempest and waste everyone’s time while the tempest laughs in Earth Mode.

Tempest should be pressured, but your main damage should be on high value targets...players that can take your team out. They must be dispatched immediately before they dispatch you.

It’s like imagining that you are a superhero fighting Netflix Punisher and Luke Cage... who would you go for first?

> @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> I would not even take this as good advise. You will convince scrubs with no damage to target a Tempest and waste everyone’s time while the tempest laughs in Earth Mode.

I don't give advice considering silver. I assumed gold 3 or something.

> Tempest should be pressured, but your main damage should be on high value targets...players that can take your team out. They must be dispatched immediately before they dispatch you.

Good luck pressuring the reaper while it has a tempest backing it up.

It depends on so many things, really.

It generally depends on enemy comp and positioning. Reaper/Nec in general isn't as good as a target anymore as it was because they all play with 2 ports now. Power Rev or Grenade Holo tend to drop easier. FB also a good target if they play with that as a support. Tempest generally has too many oh shit buttons to be an easy first target.