Crossing my fingers for pistol

Tycura.1982

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they just gonna make staff, because pistol for warrior is gonna be trash to play

war gets no teleport, no multiple condition and no clones, so the very most i can see is another rifle 4 on pistol and rifle 2

and it's only bullet not canon so there's no longbow 3 like skill

another skills that appliy cripple and vulnerability lol

and warrior has no main-hand or off-hand that can pair with pistol

only thing is sword because it has mobility so you can go from range to melee and melee to range, but everything else demands you constantly being in melee

> @"felix.2386" said:

> they just gonna make staff, because pistol for warrior is gonna be trash to play

>

> war gets no teleport, no multiple condition and no clones, so the very most i can see is another rifle 4 on pistol and rifle 2

> and it's only bullet not canon so there's no longbow 3 like skill

>

> another skills that appliy cripple and vulnerability lol

>

> and warrior has no main-hand or off-hand that can pair with pistol

> only thing is sword because it has mobility so you can go from range to melee and melee to range, but everything else demands you constantly being in melee

I dissagree with this, Warrior has been lacking a 1 handed range weapon since the core days. Which limits the classes ability to play a mid range bruiser which other classes can do. Being that any weapon the warrior can use in the main hand can be used in the off hand as well, will open up a massive amount of builds and play styles. You'd be able to play the mid range support with Pistol and Warhorn, mid range bruiser with pistol and shield or go for higher damage up close with Axe and Pistol. A mass amount of playstyles would be created with this mid range option.

Having a staff will mean if you dont like the skills on 1 2 and 3 , you wont use the weapon making it redundant. As an example of this, Daredevil.. I really hate the functionality of that weapon, it does not feel fun to use... as a result I do not use it.

The solution to teleports could be 'gadgets' or 'summons' allowing you to create a gate for teleporting you and other players. I'd personally back the summons as there is a lot that can be done with it, summoning devices that pump out barrier till they themselves are destroyed or run out of time. Summon walls to prevent projectiles, knockback and lower damage for X duration. Or even summon a small squad of warriors with mixed weapons.

I believe this is going to be the next weapon and i do hope they add some more complexity with the classes burst mechanic, rather than this monkey 1 button we have now. (lets face it, if you get to EoD you've played the game long enough to have improved, so complexity should be added.)

I am advocating for staff.

Just personally prefer a staff warrior with a viable support build, make them some kind of commander rallying their allies in the frontline.

Also warrior already got to dual wield a weapon as the only elite spec getting that privilege so far with spellbreaker. I don't think they need to repeat that, warrior has enough weapon combinations already.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> I'd rather have a Javelin for that 900 range one-handed weapon.

>

> Arenanet can just use the Scepter category, if they don't want to make a new category.

> If a Thief can bludgeon things with Kasmeer's Staff, a Warrior has no issues with throwing Scepters.

Just going to throw this out there, Throwable Javelin could be a kit ^^,

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> I am advocating for staff.

> Just personally prefer a staff warrior with a viable support build, make them some kind of commander rallying their allies in the frontline.

>

> Also warrior already got to dual wield a weapon as the only elite spec getting that privilege so far with spellbreaker. I don't think they need to repeat that, warrior has enough weapon combinations already.

Thief got two two hand weapons in a row.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > I am advocating for staff.

> > Just personally prefer a staff warrior with a viable support build, make them some kind of commander rallying their allies in the frontline.

> >

> > Also warrior already got to dual wield a weapon as the only elite spec getting that privilege so far with spellbreaker. I don't think they need to repeat that, warrior has enough weapon combinations already.

>

> Thief got two two hand weapons in a row.

Yes? And what's the point here?

2handed weapons are actually the weapon type that creates the **least** amount of weapon combinations. It just adds 1 possible weapon combination to a class, the 2handed weapon itself.

Offhand weapons can get combo'd with mainhand weapons and vice versa. And giving a weapon in both hands potentially creates the most possible weapon combinations in total. Warrior already had that as the only class, is it really needed that warrior gets special treatment once again?

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > I'd rather have a Javelin for that 900 range one-handed weapon.

> >

> > Arenanet can just use the Scepter category, if they don't want to make a new category.

> > If a Thief can bludgeon things with Kasmeer's Staff, a Warrior has no issues with throwing Scepters.

>

> Just going to throw this out there, Throwable Javelin could be a kit ^^,

Kits should never ever get handed out to other professions.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > I am advocating for staff.

> > > Just personally prefer a staff warrior with a viable support build, make them some kind of commander rallying their allies in the frontline.

> > >

> > > Also warrior already got to dual wield a weapon as the only elite spec getting that privilege so far with spellbreaker. I don't think they need to repeat that, warrior has enough weapon combinations already.

> >

> > Thief got two two hand weapons in a row.

>

> Yes? And what's the point here?

>

> 2handed weapons are actually the weapon type that creates the **least** amount of weapon combinations. It just adds 1 possible weapon combination to a class, the 2handed weapon itself.

>

> Offhand weapons can get combo'd with mainhand weapons and vice versa. And giving a weapon in both hands potentially creates the most possible weapon combinations in total. Warrior already had that as the only class, is it really needed that warrior gets special treatment once again?

I think it's more of how many new weapon skills are being accessed.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > > > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > > I am advocating for staff.

> > > > Just personally prefer a staff warrior with a viable support build, make them some kind of commander rallying their allies in the frontline.

> > > >

> > > > Also warrior already got to dual wield a weapon as the only elite spec getting that privilege so far with spellbreaker. I don't think they need to repeat that, warrior has enough weapon combinations already.

> > >

> > > Thief got two two hand weapons in a row.

> >

> > Yes? And what's the point here?

> >

> > 2handed weapons are actually the weapon type that creates the **least** amount of weapon combinations. It just adds 1 possible weapon combination to a class, the 2handed weapon itself.

> >

> > Offhand weapons can get combo'd with mainhand weapons and vice versa. And giving a weapon in both hands potentially creates the most possible weapon combinations in total. Warrior already had that as the only class, is it really needed that warrior gets special treatment once again?

>

> I think it's more of how many new weapon skills are being accessed.

Dual wielding a single handed weapon is just the strongest elite spec weapon you could possibly get.

It gives you the same amount of new skills as a 2 handed weapon, but gives you more advantages by being able to combine the mainhand and offhand portions of these skills with other weapons.

Again, warrior already has alot of different weapon combinations. In my opinion, giving warrior another weapon to dual wield with all the benefits coming with it is not needed.

If it's just about the number of new weapon skills, then give warrior a 2handed weapon (like staff). That way you also get your 5 new skills.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

>

> Yes? And what's the point here?

>

> 2handed weapons are actually the weapon type that creates the **least** amount of weapon combinations. It just adds 1 possible weapon combination to a class, the 2handed weapon itself.

>

> Offhand weapons can get combo'd with mainhand weapons and vice versa. And giving a weapon in both hands potentially creates the most possible weapon combinations in total. Warrior already had that as the only class, is it really needed that warrior gets special treatment once again?

Do bare in mind that ele still has the most amount of skills in the game and they too will obtain another weapon multiplying their skills by 20 for 2h, 12 1h mainhand and 8 offhand. So i see no issue with getting a mainhand and offhand weapon.

The only thing in the game that truely makes the warrior unique is by the number of weapon combinations they can use, it was designed as a weapon master, meaning all main hand weapons can be used in their offhand as well. I loved this class due to the freedom of weapon combinations. (when in truth we all use Axe Axe, GS).

> Kits should never ever get handed out to other professions.

We could say that about the physical skills as well? However Elite specs are about class crossovers. Look at Stances, warriors utility that made its way onto both ele and ranger. Then physical skills, made itsway onto thief, and then guardians meditations made their way onto warrior.

One of the main reasons why i strongly detest staff/spear is that every single class in this game that has access to a staff, feels off and generally not fun to use. Thief staff was just jarring to use, guardian staff was not engaging to use. Ele staff needs a serious rework due to some skills feeling too 2013 offering little to its combat. I have not enjoyed any staff combat on any of the classes, its never engaging or feels impactful.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

>

> Dual wielding a single handed weapon is just the strongest elite spec weapon you could possibly get.

I'm just going to point this bit out here.

Warrior got Dagger Dagger as its elite spec weapons yet it is no where near the top of the most powerful classes in PvP, it was the least picked for Teapots PvP tournament. The warrior can currently fill a very niche role within the competative scene due to the current over tuning of other classes.

Now (this might touch home a little bit) one of the more overtuned classes which is outperfoming, holo, a class which obtained one weapon is able to outdamage, outsustain and be more use to a team despite its 'disadvantage' of one weapon.

I noticed you feel strongly against Pistol and strongly against kits. May I ask why on both?

Anet loves to provide hints of weapons by using NPC's

As much as I want to use the Charr NPC's people would be quick to say its a racial. So please see the following:

A norn in full heavy armour and two pistols.

![](https://i.imgur.com/jzFjKOD.png "")

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> I guarantee if war gets dual pistols they will be utter trash and even the few wishing for them right now will drop them a month after and never touch em again. If this was another game and different devs than yeah but this game no thanks. Be such a waste.

exactly, there's 0 play for pistol for warrior.

and there's 0 synergy with the kit, look at rifle.

why would you go pistol for support when sword leap is so good at running away from focus and getting back in.

why would you go pistol/shield GS, when there's literally axe and dagger.

theres's 0 benefit for warrior to stay range.

like can you imagine what f1 pistol will be? mini killshot? volley? lol it's not gonna be anything fancy because warrior doesnt get any thing fancy.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> >

> > Yes? And what's the point here?

> >

> > 2handed weapons are actually the weapon type that creates the **least** amount of weapon combinations. It just adds 1 possible weapon combination to a class, the 2handed weapon itself.

> >

> > Offhand weapons can get combo'd with mainhand weapons and vice versa. And giving a weapon in both hands potentially creates the most possible weapon combinations in total. Warrior already had that as the only class, is it really needed that warrior gets special treatment once again?

>

> Do bare in mind that ele still has the most amount of skills in the game and they too will obtain another weapon multiplying their skills by 20 for 2h, 12 1h mainhand and 8 offhand. So i see no issue with getting a mainhand and offhand weapon.

>

> The only thing in the game that truely makes the warrior unique is by the number of weapon combinations they can use, it was designed as a weapon master, meaning all main hand weapons can be used in their offhand as well. I loved this class due to the freedom of weapon combinations. (when in truth we all use Axe Axe, GS).

>

> > Kits should never ever get handed out to other professions.

>

> We could say that about the physical skills as well? However Elite specs are about class crossovers. Look at Stances, warriors utility that made its way onto both ele and ranger. Then physical skills, made itsway onto thief, and then guardians meditations made their way onto warrior.

>

> One of the main reasons why i strongly detest staff/spear is that every single class in this game that has access to a staff, feels off and generally not fun to use. Thief staff was just jarring to use, guardian staff was not engaging to use. Ele staff needs a serious rework due to some skills feeling too 2013 offering little to its combat. I have not enjoyed any staff combat on any of the classes, its never engaging or feels impactful.

Physical skills are in no way comparable to kits.

Engineer paid a **heavy** price to get access to kits.

Not just by being unable to weapon swap, but additionally engineer has to live with the fact that they are the class with the least amount of weapon combinations in the game (even ele has 10 different weapon combinations, core engineer has **3**).

Core engineer weapons are also pretty weak compared to weapons of other classes.

Warrior and other classes did not pay this price, therefore they should never be allowed to get access to the kit mechanic.

That staff is not fun to use on other classes does not necessarily mean that it will also be unfun to use on warrior, btw. The weapon playstyle is not directly determined by the type of the weapon. Revenant's hammer playstyle is **hugely** different from scrapper's hammer, for example.

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

> This makes me want a physical brawler kit

Well, there is rampage. Not a kit, since warrior as I already said should never get access to kits since they didn't have the restrictions coming with it, but at least you can be a physical brawler for some time.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Tycura.1982" said:

> > This makes me want a physical brawler kit

>

> Well, there is rampage. Not a kit, since warrior as I already said should never get access to kits since they didn't have the restrictions coming with it, but at least you can be a physical brawler for some time.

Ehhhhh. It's not what I'm going for Rampage is slow and your skills can be summed up as flailing around. I'm talking like an actual fisticuffs style kit kind of like how thief's physical skills are but more cohesive. Heck I'd trade rampage for that.

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"Tycura.1982" said:

> > > This makes me want a physical brawler kit

> >

> > Well, there is rampage. Not a kit, since warrior as I already said should never get access to kits since they didn't have the restrictions coming with it, but at least you can be a physical brawler for some time.

>

> Ehhhhh. It's not what I'm going for Rampage is slow and your skills can be summed up as flailing around. I'm talking like an actual fisticuffs style kit kind of like how thief's physical skills are but more cohesive. Heck I'd trade rampage for that.

Like I said, warrior should never get access to the kit mechanic.

At best you could trade your rampage for another transformation skill that gives you 5 new weapon skills for a set duration. But no kit that enables switching back and forth.

Ok, a way kits could be added to the Warrior, is that they gain access to kits but will lose access to weapon swap however they will have 4 Burst skills to compensate the loss of the 2nd weapon's burst skill (each with different effects). discipline traits will still be able to fuction due to kitting and swapping back (time reduction trait would need to do something different however).

It would be a nice way of splicing up the classes together, making that 'cross' class play a lot seem to be calling for.

But who knows what Anet has in stock for the players, its more than likely set in stone already and we wont know what we get till the big reveal from the trailer.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> Ok, a way kits could be added to the Warrior, is that they gain access to kits but will lose access to weapon swap however they will have 4 Burst skills to compensate the loss of the 2nd weapon's burst skill (each with different effects). discipline traits will still be able to fuction due to kitting and swapping back (time reduction trait would need to do something different however).

>

> It would be a nice way of splicing up the classes together, making that 'cross' class play a lot seem to be calling for.

>

> But who knows what Anet has in stock for the players, its more than likely set in stone already and we wont know what we get till the big reveal from the trailer.

No weapon swap is not enough.

Core warrior (so without counting the new weapon coming with the next e-spec) has 19 different weapon combinations available.

Considering that utility types are always the same for elite specs, you would get 1 healing kit, 4 utility kits, 1 elite kit.

As I already said, engineer didn't just pay with the inability to weapon swap. We got also the most restricted weapon pool of every class, we have **3** weapon combinations in total, warrior has 19.

You don't see that as a bit unfair? Giving up weapon swap is far from being enough to get access to kits, especially since you also want to compensate warrior for losing a burst skill from the second weapon.

This should just never happen, period. Engineer was designed around kits and had extreme restrictions installed to allow them to use the kit mechanic.

As long as you are not willing to also make warrior unable to use all their weapons except 1 twohanded weapon, 1 mainhand weapon and 2 offhand weapons, this is a complete no-go.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > Ok, a way kits could be added to the Warrior, is that they gain access to kits but will lose access to weapon swap however they will have 4 Burst skills to compensate the loss of the 2nd weapon's burst skill (each with different effects). discipline traits will still be able to fuction due to kitting and swapping back (time reduction trait would need to do something different however).

> >

> > It would be a nice way of splicing up the classes together, making that 'cross' class play a lot seem to be calling for.

> >

> > But who knows what Anet has in stock for the players, its more than likely set in stone already and we wont know what we get till the big reveal from the trailer.

>

> No weapon swap is not enough.

>

> Core warrior (so without counting the new weapon coming with the next e-spec) has 19 different weapon combinations available.

> Considering that utility types are always the same for elite specs, you would get 1 healing kit, 4 utility kits, 1 elite kit.

> As I already said, engineer didn't just pay with the inability to weapon swap. We got also the most restricted weapon pool of every class, we have **3** weapon combinations in total, warrior has 19.

>

> You don't see that as a bit unfair? Giving up weapon swap is far from being enough to get access to kits, especially since you also want to compensate warrior for losing a burst skill from the second weapon.

>

> This should just never happen, period. Engineer was designed around kits and had extreme restrictions installed to allow them to use the kit mechanic.

> As long as you are not willing to also make warrior unable to use all their weapons except 1 twohanded weapon, 1 mainhand weapon and 2 offhand weapons, this is a complete no-go.

Not in favor of kits myself. Bear in mind though that in addition to 5 possible engineering kits on engi there are 5 tool belt skills. Not that I am advocating for such a build but to be explicitly fair how many 'weapon' combinations are there truly for engi given that dynamic. At least 15, the three actual weapon combinations times 5 different kits, and that does not go into the possibility of equipping multiple kits, which again I am not advocating here.

Engi has few actual weapons, and they should get a new MH and OH, but that does not at all preclude warrior from also getting a new MH and OH. Remember, most OHs and MHs on warrior are aweful, or as I'd frequently said here, Hot Garbage.