Crossing my fingers for pistol

Tycura.1982

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> No weapon swap is not enough.

>

> Core warrior (so without counting the new weapon coming with the next e-spec) has 19 different weapon combinations available.

> Considering that utility types are always the same for elite specs, you would get 1 healing kit, 4 utility kits, 1 elite kit.

> As I already said, engineer didn't just pay with the inability to weapon swap. We got also the most restricted weapon pool of every class, we have **3** weapon combinations in total, warrior has 19.

>

> You don't see that as a bit unfair? Giving up weapon swap is far from being enough to get access to kits, especially since you also want to compensate warrior for losing a burst skill from the second weapon.

>

> This should just never happen, period. Engineer was designed around kits and had extreme restrictions installed to allow them to use the kit mechanic.

> As long as you are not willing to also make warrior unable to use all their weapons except 1 twohanded weapon, 1 mainhand weapon and 2 offhand weapons, this is a complete no-go.

Im trying to think of ways to make the class more involed and interesting to play. Currently its beind designed around a very passive play (which is a shame) It would be nice to see adrenaline being built up and used on utilities as a cost.

I have mentioned in my historic posts that the next spec should provide something in the lines of Gadgets / Summons. I am open to kits as well, but yes something would need to be lost (i.e. weaponswap and adrenaline needed to access the kit) for it to be added. Do note that the warrior's main feature is that they are a Weapon master, so they will always be able to combine more weapons than other classes (that is just the way the class was made from the start).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warrior

Engineer has 4-6 weapon setup combinations:

Sword + Shield

Sword + Pistol

Pistol + Shield

Pistol + Pistol

Hammer

Rifle

Warrior:

31 total weapon combinations.

(do note that you will mostly see the combination of Axe/Axe + GS)

The main thing that bought me to like the warrior class was this factor, the number of weapon combinations.

The one thing i want for this class is what it lacks the most, 1 hand ranged weapons. So truely it must get it on this next elite spec.

It didnt get it in HoT and didnt get it in PoF, so i believe its coming in EoD.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"KIIIL.1860" said:

> The hopes of the staff and the pistol. What if they just give the warrior focus or a scepter? And what do you say to that? And we will all say in chorus -

> "Aaaa"

Melee Fighting Fan. There I said it.

Focus 4 -> Daze, confusion 5 stacks, and ~2k damage on a crit single target 20s CD

Focus 5 -> Some sort of AoE cleave that strikes 3 times, ~ 5k total if all crit, First strike grants resistance to nearby allies 3s, second grants retaliation 4s, and third strike grants protection, 2s.

> @"Azreell.1568" said:

> We need a mobile ranged weapon that works for sure as I have stated in many posts - just not sure I see short bow working with our overall theme.

Seeing how Spellbreaker feels more like Mesmer and Guardian than it feels like Warrior, I doubt the theme matters for Arenanet.

> @"Azreell.1568" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > i actually want short bow as some mobile ranged weapon.

>

> We need a mobile ranged weapon that works for sure as I have stated in many posts - just not sure I see short bow working with our overall theme.

>

>

short bow can very much match warrior with mobility and mid range + maybe one melee attack.

just like you wouid not think engi with sword, mesmer with axe and shield, guardian with longbow

warrior with torch also weirded me out at first.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Azreell.1568" said:

> > We need a mobile ranged weapon that works for sure as I have stated in many posts - just not sure I see short bow working with our overall theme.

> Seeing how Spellbreaker feels more like Mesmer and Guardian than it feels like Warrior, I doubt the theme matters for Arenanet.

...how does spb feel more like mesmer/guard than warrior? I don't see it tbh.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"Azreell.1568" said:

> > > We need a mobile ranged weapon that works for sure as I have stated in many posts - just not sure I see short bow working with our overall theme.

> > Seeing how Spellbreaker feels more like Mesmer and Guardian than it feels like Warrior, I doubt the theme matters for Arenanet.

>

> ...how does spb feel more like mesmer/guard than warrior? I don't see it tbh.

Well, it did get Meditations, but those don't really feel like guardian medis. I have no clue where he got Mesmer from.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > @"Azreell.1568" said:

> > > > We need a mobile ranged weapon that works for sure as I have stated in many posts - just not sure I see short bow working with our overall theme.

> > > Seeing how Spellbreaker feels more like Mesmer and Guardian than it feels like Warrior, I doubt the theme matters for Arenanet.

> >

> > ...how does spb feel more like mesmer/guard than warrior? I don't see it tbh.

>

> Well, it did get Meditations, but those don't really feel like guardian medis. I have no clue where he got Mesmer from.

Same I don't get it either? Maybe he's talking about how Strength Spb is sustain through dodging kind of like Mesmer. Dunno. Only time I get clones is on scepter reflects.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > @"Azreell.1568" said:

> > > > We need a mobile ranged weapon that works for sure as I have stated in many posts - just not sure I see short bow working with our overall theme.

> > > Seeing how Spellbreaker feels more like Mesmer and Guardian than it feels like Warrior, I doubt the theme matters for Arenanet.

> >

> > ...how does spb feel more like mesmer/guard than warrior? I don't see it tbh.

>

> Well, it did get Meditations, but those don't really feel like guardian medis. I have no clue where he got Mesmer from.

Probably because of Anets statement.

As far as I know, Anet explained that elite specs are their way to imitate the old dual classing system from GW1, meaning that some elite specs are designed by mixing in thematics of another class.

One example that got mentioned was that spellbreaker represents the warrior/mesmer combination thematically. But instead of creating illusions, the spellbreaker is able to see through illusions and then there is also the anti-magic theme of the spellbreaker. Countering magic has been a major part of mesmer since basically ever.

Other examples are:

* Mirage: Fusion of mesmer/thief, giving the mesmer a similar mechanic like stealth attacks, but with another trigger (evade) and deceptions.

* Holosmith: Fusion of engineer/warrior, giving engineer the "weapon master" feeling by enabling them to summon multiple different weapons through photon forge (sword, staff, double pistols, hammer) and giving them the heat mechanic, which has some resemblance with warriors adrenaline

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > > @"Azreell.1568" said:

> > > > > We need a mobile ranged weapon that works for sure as I have stated in many posts - just not sure I see short bow working with our overall theme.

> > > > Seeing how Spellbreaker feels more like Mesmer and Guardian than it feels like Warrior, I doubt the theme matters for Arenanet.

> > >

> > > ...how does spb feel more like mesmer/guard than warrior? I don't see it tbh.

> >

> > Well, it did get Meditations, but those don't really feel like guardian medis. I have no clue where he got Mesmer from.

>

> Probably because of Anets statement.

>

> As far as I know, Anet explained that elite specs are their way to imitate the old dual classing system from GW1, meaning that some elite specs are designed by mixing in thematics of another class.

>

> One example that got mentioned was that spellbreaker represents the warrior/mesmer combination thematically. But instead of creating illusions, the spellbreaker is able to see through illusions and then there is also the anti-magic theme of the spellbreaker. Countering magic has been a major part of mesmer since basically ever.

>

> Other examples are:

> * Mirage: Fusion of mesmer/thief, giving the mesmer a similar mechanic like stealth attacks, but with another trigger (evade) and deceptions.

> * Holosmith: Fusion of engineer/warrior, giving engineer the "weapon master" feeling by enabling them to summon multiple different weapons through photon forge (sword, staff, double pistols, hammer) and giving them the heat mechanic, which has some resemblance with warriors adrenaline

I'll definitely need the source for this :p

Edit:

Well, no direct quote, but the wiki claims:

>Like the Holosmith, the Spellbreaker was conceived as a thematic opposite to the core profession's elite specialization from Heart of Thorns.[1] The developers have likened the Spellbreaker to a warrior/mesmer dual profession from Guild Wars 1; instead of creating illusions to deceive other people, the warrior is able to see through deception

:o

I've literally not once thought about spb this way, but oh well.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > > > @"Azreell.1568" said:

> > > > > > We need a mobile ranged weapon that works for sure as I have stated in many posts - just not sure I see short bow working with our overall theme.

> > > > > Seeing how Spellbreaker feels more like Mesmer and Guardian than it feels like Warrior, I doubt the theme matters for Arenanet.

> > > >

> > > > ...how does spb feel more like mesmer/guard than warrior? I don't see it tbh.

> > >

> > > Well, it did get Meditations, but those don't really feel like guardian medis. I have no clue where he got Mesmer from.

> >

> > Probably because of Anets statement.

> >

> > As far as I know, Anet explained that elite specs are their way to imitate the old dual classing system from GW1, meaning that some elite specs are designed by mixing in thematics of another class.

> >

> > One example that got mentioned was that spellbreaker represents the warrior/mesmer combination thematically. But instead of creating illusions, the spellbreaker is able to see through illusions and then there is also the anti-magic theme of the spellbreaker. Countering magic has been a major part of mesmer since basically ever.

> >

> > Other examples are:

> > * Mirage: Fusion of mesmer/thief, giving the mesmer a similar mechanic like stealth attacks, but with another trigger (evade) and deceptions.

> > * Holosmith: Fusion of engineer/warrior, giving engineer the "weapon master" feeling by enabling them to summon multiple different weapons through photon forge (sword, staff, double pistols, hammer) and giving them the heat mechanic, which has some resemblance with warriors adrenaline

>

> I'll definitely need the source for this :p

>

> Edit:

> Well, no direct quote, but the wiki claims:

> >Like the Holosmith, the Spellbreaker was conceived as a thematic opposite to the core profession's elite specialization from Heart of Thorns.[1] The developers have likened the Spellbreaker to a warrior/mesmer dual profession from Guild Wars 1; instead of creating illusions to deceive other people, the warrior is able to see through deception

> :o

>

> I've literally not once thought about spb this way, but oh well.

The wiki also provides a source:

If timestamp doesn't work, it's 23:02.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > For me there is nothing about pistal that says to me, yes this is a real warriors weapon....

> >

> > Now perhaps spears + shield if you want a one handed range weapon....

>

> News flash, Warriors of 2020 use rifles and pistols.

I don't think the term "warrior" is actually used anymore. Soldiers, sure, but who calls these warriors?

So your argument doesn't really hold. :tongue:

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > For me there is nothing about pistal that says to me, yes this is a real warriors weapon....

> > >

> > > Now perhaps spears + shield if you want a one handed range weapon....

> >

> > News flash, Warriors of 2020 use rifles and pistols.

>

> I don't think the term "warrior" is actually used anymore. Soldiers, sure, but who calls these warriors?

> So your argument doesn't really hold. :tongue:

Warrior has a rifle already despite how anyone feels about it. Wouldn't consider it very warrior like but war would be better labelled as Weapons Master

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

> Warrior has a rifle already despite how anyone feels about it.

And pistol would most likely just end up as _Rifle lite._

similar, if not the same bullet animations

less skills

less damage

less utility

less charges

After its novelty of being the new weapon expired, it would have less people using it, too.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Tycura.1982" said:

> > Warrior has a rifle already despite how anyone feels about it.

> And pistol would most likely just end up as _Rifle lite._

>

> similar, if not the same bullet animations

> less skills

> less damage

> less utility

> less charges

> After its novelty of being the new weapon expired, it would have less people using it, too.

>

>

Probably but that's why I'm asking that they put actual effort into it and make it more like a hand cannon

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > For me there is nothing about pistal that says to me, yes this is a real warriors weapon....

> >

> > Now perhaps spears + shield if you want a one handed range weapon....

>

> News flash, Warriors of 2020 use rifles and pistols.

Yeah I know, that is why I said for me. There is something about warrior with pistol that puts me off. I also do not like Rifle much on it, ranged warrior doesnt do it for me :/

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> For me there is nothing about pistal that says to me, yes this is a real warriors weapon....

Do you get the same impression from torch and dagger? Point being that weapons that are frequently associated with warriors are likely in the core class kit, thus we see choices which are bit more unusual with the elite specializations.