Where is Cantha on a map?

Brycar.2651

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> Here you go.

>

> ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/a/ac/Tyria_world_fan_map.jpg/1200px-Tyria_world_fan_map.jpg "")

>

>

> Edit

> We are currently in Kryta and Cantha is way to the south if you dont want to click the link.

It's crazy to think about how little we've seen of the planet. Even Cantha in this map is about the size of the explored playable area. Of course the geography has changed a bit since then but still. I wonder if they will find a way to make the maps larger in the next expansion?

> @"coso.9173" said:

> oh so the jade sea is inside the continent?

I‘d even say it is part of the continent, similiar to Antarctica, but instead of ice we have jade.

I wonder how deep the jadefication is, if it reaches the tectonic plates of Tyria or not. If it doesn‘t, I‘d say the frozen Jade Sea would be more similiar to an ice shelf (and therefore not part of the continent). We could name the frozen part the Jade Shelf, while, the thawed part remains the Jade Sea.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > oh so the jade sea is inside the continent?

>

> I‘d even say it is part of the continent, similiar to Antarctica, but instead of ice we have jade.

> I wonder how deep the jadefication is, if it reaches the tectonic plates of Tyria or not. If it doesn‘t, I‘d say the frozen Jade Sea would be more similiar to an ice shelf (and therefore not part of the continent). We could name the frozen part the Jade Shelf, while, the thawed part remains the Jade Sea.

the jade sea is basically a big ass frozen lake on the landmass. something like the caspian sea...its not an ocean surrounding cantha, its on cantha.

[check the link thehipone.6812 posted](https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/b/b5/Cantha_unexplored_map.jpg).

I wonder if we will get a little boat on the map to travel there like in GW1. That would be a nice touch ^_^ Also Anet can add so many new areas on that map, and even if they wanted to make the map scroll to where ever they want to add new content, they can go beyond of what we can see right now, pretty endless :D

> @"Tony.8659" said:

> I wonder if we will get a little boat on the map to travel there like in GW1. That would be a nice touch ^_^ Also Anet can add so many new areas on that map, and even if they wanted to make the map scroll to where ever they want to add new content, they can go beyond of what we can see right now, pretty endless :D

Well we do have a boat in Amnoon to travel to Istan so its not like they havent done it before.

• 3 weeks later...