Staff DrD Build and Video

AikijinX.6258

> @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > > > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > > > Playing SA in general is so cheesy, i have no respect for SA thieves, it’s the ultimate carry traitline.

> > > > >

> > > > > Everyone else in the game uses the "carry" or "cheese" options, so I don't see why I shouldn't.

> > > >

> > > > That’s a nice mentality you got man, the game is kitten because of ppl like you flocking to the OP ez to play builds.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Again, why should I handicap myself by refusing to use certain parts of my class in order to make you feel better? Do you also handicap yourself on your main class, or do you play whatever is strongest because it's in the game? If you are losing to thief, set up some duels with one and learn to fight them.

> > >

> > > Edit: you also assume I only play SA builds. That would be very wrong.

> >

> > Handicap yourself? SA just doesn’t req any skill, it just carries you, and then you think you are good, till you switch out SA, and you notice you are trash.

> > You can play your carry build, but when they nerf it, you still gonna be a bad player with bad reactions.

> > And how you talk about SA, yes it makes people think you only play SA.

> > I would be impressed if you would beat me in a 1v1 without SA, i’m a drd s/d thief btw.

> > If you ever wanna duel for gold, lemme know.

> > Otherwise just keep being trash, on your trash build.

> >

>

> If you check my post history you'll notice that I play a wide variety of builds, including but not limited to S/D daredevil, and frankly I have nothing to prove to you because the respect of some dude on the internet literally means nothing to me. You're the one who tried to make this personal by making assumptions about me and how I play thief, and frankly you come across as a dude crying about something that counters his build rather than trying to improve himself. I suggest you take some time to work on your character because at the moment it is lacking somewhat. Have a nice day :)

Why would i check your post history when u say youre playing Sa because otherwise you are in a disadvantage, that alone says more than enough of what kind of player you are. You just (as i said before) flock to the easy to play build that are op.

You’re a bandwagoneer in terms of ez to play builds. Idc if you don’t want respect dude, that’s up to you how you want ppl to see you.

I’m crying because something counters my build you think?

No, there are always counters in mmo’s i get that.

SA isn’t just a counter to my build, if played ultra cheesy like they all do, you can counter any class you want. Because guess what, stealth with regen and clears is broken, because SA thieves stealth 24/7 when they are getting low, and wait for heals and shit.

Keep thinking you are a good thief with SA man, inb4 they nerf the shit out of it, and u realise you are trash. Have a nice day also

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > @"noot.8641" said:

> > Playing SA in general is so cheesy, i have no respect for SA thieves, it’s the ultimate carry traitline.

>

> There's nothing "carry" about the traits I use. I do however understand your plight, but your complaints do not apply to me, because yes I use SA, but I sure as hell don't play or am as passive as a typical perma stealth SA user would be. Don't need your respect, just need your understanding.

Sa alone is cheese and carry, but yes you do, stealth on steal and stealth on heal skill, movement speed while in stealth. I know 2 traits cant be changed by the point is that sa was already cheese before but it's even more so now, its equivalent to da in terms of dmg now (thanks to da nerf) with crazy survivability.

I think a lot of these people are confusing "cheese" with "optimal" or simply "viable." I mean technically everybody is "carried" by their traitlines. A true way to gauge mechanical skill would be to have only weapon skills, no traitlines or gear. But obviously that's not viable, so we run what's good.

And no, I don't consider SA cheese, especially in this instance where a lot of the use of this build comes from active use of stealth and SA traits (stealth on steal to get hook strike, cloaked in shadow synergizing with dust strike and active use of blinds, etc).

> @"noot.8641" said:

> > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > > Playing SA in general is so cheesy, i have no respect for SA thieves, it’s the ultimate carry traitline.

> > > >

> > > > Everyone else in the game uses the "carry" or "cheese" options, so I don't see why I shouldn't.

> > >

> > > That’s a nice mentality you got man, the game is kitten because of ppl like you flocking to the OP ez to play builds.

> > >

> >

> > Again, why should I handicap myself by refusing to use certain parts of my class in order to make you feel better? Do you also handicap yourself on your main class, or do you play whatever is strongest because it's in the game? If you are losing to thief, set up some duels with one and learn to fight them.

> >

> > Edit: you also assume I only play SA builds. That would be very wrong.

>

> Handicap yourself? SA just doesn’t req any skill, it just carries you, and then you think you are good, till you switch out SA, and you notice you are trash.

> You can play your carry build, but when they nerf it, you still gonna be a bad player with bad reactions.

> And how you talk about SA, yes it makes people think you only play SA.

> I would be impressed if you would beat me in a 1v1 without SA, i’m a drd s/d thief btw.

> If you ever wanna duel for gold, lemme know.

> Otherwise just keep being trash, on your trash build.

>

Hey man, I know I'm not the guy you were debating with but I usually run SA in my build and would be more than willing to duel you for gold with or without it. Let me know, I'm usually on every evening.

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

>

>

> Aiki’s Staff/DP Zerker/Dura Build

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAYhrlNw6YgsNGJe2WntSA-zVZYBhJG1r7jgQOkmEWhJBaVlqxDiYM4/zeAL6vgB-w

>

> (This build is my 1st choice, in terms of roaming/duels)

>

> This build has a better base damage opportunity, and ferocity under its belt with higher base crit chance, and ferocity. The consistency in Damage output is good, as well as the ability to mitigate damage taken. I switch between builds depending on my situation. If I want to fight multiple foes, while being able to mitigate and tank as much damage as I can, I’ll use my wanderer’s build. If I wanted to roam (killing solo’s or 2v1s), gank, or duel people I’d come in with my Zerker/Dura build, more than 2 people I switch to my Wanderer’s.

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Aiki's Staff/DP Zerker/Daredevil Build

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAYhrlNw6YgsNGJe2WntSA-zVhYBhpF1gYEsuPCC5QaSYFmEoVVqL/Iixg/P7Bso/CG-w

>

> (This build is equally as strong, but a 2nd choice)

>

> This build is identical to my Zerker/Dura build, with an exception to a change in runes and weapon stats!

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Aiki’s Staff/DP Wanderer/Scrapper Build

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pa1AYhrlNw6YbMQGJe+WntSA-zVhYaRNIG09ZE8OCC5QaSoGmEoVVlR/IhxfNCYBD-w

>

> This build is more for mitigating damage, and outnumbered situations with the use of flickering shadows, marauder's resilience, and scrapper runes. Flickering Shadows, and Leeching venoms from the Shadow arts line can be interchangeable and depends on the situation. For duels I use Leeching venoms, and for roaming, or fighting outnumbered, I run Flickering Shadows for the revealed damage mitigation. On occasion I’ll still use leeching venoms while fighting outnumbered. But that’s, again, situational.

> Aiki’s Staff/DP Wanderer/Brawler Build

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pa1AYhrlNw6YbMQGJe2WntSA-zVhYbR9KQMI7zwOCCpQaKUDMBatqk9jEG/1IgFMA-w

>

> This build is identical to my wanderer/scrapper build but with a change of runes and weapon stats for more precision/crit chance, while still retaining an above 2500 toughness, 3k power, and 60%+ crit chance(W/Fury). The Wanderer/Scrapper build is more for mitigating damage, and outnumbered situations, whereas this build is more for attacking, while also being able to take a little bit of damage. To acquire more crit chance all that needs to be done is a change in utility food. (Writ of masterful accuracy)

>

> EDIT:(9/5/20)- 3 Video Examples of the new build and how I play and utilize the Barrier.

>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xy23pu0Xg_flZmx58W5baZhSmQbwjnAI/view?usp=sharing

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T6kEuRRD0Hj1GpJrBlSTVuABYOL1SvGz/view?usp=sharing

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/13INVz5H3rLvrUggzcCYNFTyFq2DMh18h/view?usp=sharing

> (clips that will be in future montages)

Also while I'm in here, nice post Aiki. Good to see you here contributing to the thief community. See you out there.

> @"noot.8641" said:

> > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > > > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > > > > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > > > > Playing SA in general is so cheesy, i have no respect for SA thieves, it’s the ultimate carry traitline.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Everyone else in the game uses the "carry" or "cheese" options, so I don't see why I shouldn't.

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s a nice mentality you got man, the game is kitten because of ppl like you flocking to the OP ez to play builds.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Again, why should I handicap myself by refusing to use certain parts of my class in order to make you feel better? Do you also handicap yourself on your main class, or do you play whatever is strongest because it's in the game? If you are losing to thief, set up some duels with one and learn to fight them.

> > > >

> > > > Edit: you also assume I only play SA builds. That would be very wrong.

> > >

> > > Handicap yourself? SA just doesn’t req any skill, it just carries you, and then you think you are good, till you switch out SA, and you notice you are trash.

> > > You can play your carry build, but when they nerf it, you still gonna be a bad player with bad reactions.

> > > And how you talk about SA, yes it makes people think you only play SA.

> > > I would be impressed if you would beat me in a 1v1 without SA, i’m a drd s/d thief btw.

> > > If you ever wanna duel for gold, lemme know.

> > > Otherwise just keep being trash, on your trash build.

> > >

> >

> > If you check my post history you'll notice that I play a wide variety of builds, including but not limited to S/D daredevil, and frankly I have nothing to prove to you because the respect of some dude on the internet literally means nothing to me. You're the one who tried to make this personal by making assumptions about me and how I play thief, and frankly you come across as a dude crying about something that counters his build rather than trying to improve himself. I suggest you take some time to work on your character because at the moment it is lacking somewhat. Have a nice day :)

>

> Why would i check your post history when u say youre playing Sa because otherwise you are in a disadvantage, that alone says more than enough of what kind of player you are. You just (as i said before) flock to the easy to play build that are op.

> You’re a bandwagoneer in terms of ez to play builds. Idc if you don’t want respect dude, that’s up to you how you want ppl to see you.

> I’m crying because something counters my build you think?

> No, there are always counters in mmo’s i get that.

> SA isn’t just a counter to my build, if played ultra cheesy like they all do, you can counter any class you want. Because guess what, stealth with regen and clears is broken, because SA thieves stealth 24/7 when they are getting low, and wait for heals and kitten.

> Keep thinking you are a good thief with SA man, inb4 they nerf the kitten out of it, and u realise you are trash. Have a nice day also

I didn't say that I'm playing SA because otherwise I'm at a disadvantage, nor did I say that I'm always playing SA. You wrongly assumed both of those things. I said the mentality of refusing to play a spec in order to make some other guy feel better about fighting you is handicapping yourself. That's not the same thing, and I'd say that about not running any viable build, spec or skill because of some other person's opinion of it. Any build decision made because of the opinion of others on what is "fair" or "balanced" is fundamentally flawed, because they aren't going to take what you consider cheesy into consideration when building their character. They will just take whatever will help them kill you and then dance on your corpse. Nobody cares what you think, just like nobody cares what I think. Just play the game with whatever build you feel like and leave the ego stroking posturing behind for a while. You never know, you might actually enjoy things more.

Anyways, I've taken this thread far enough off topic. Apologies for that, thanks again for the video o/

> @"Heizero.9183" said:

> > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > > > Playing SA in general is so cheesy, i have no respect for SA thieves, it’s the ultimate carry traitline.

> > > > >

> > > > > Everyone else in the game uses the "carry" or "cheese" options, so I don't see why I shouldn't.

> > > >

> > > > That’s a nice mentality you got man, the game is kitten because of ppl like you flocking to the OP ez to play builds.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Again, why should I handicap myself by refusing to use certain parts of my class in order to make you feel better? Do you also handicap yourself on your main class, or do you play whatever is strongest because it's in the game? If you are losing to thief, set up some duels with one and learn to fight them.

> > >

> > > Edit: you also assume I only play SA builds. That would be very wrong.

> >

> > Handicap yourself? SA just doesn’t req any skill, it just carries you, and then you think you are good, till you switch out SA, and you notice you are trash.

> > You can play your carry build, but when they nerf it, you still gonna be a bad player with bad reactions.

> > And how you talk about SA, yes it makes people think you only play SA.

> > I would be impressed if you would beat me in a 1v1 without SA, i’m a drd s/d thief btw.

> > If you ever wanna duel for gold, lemme know.

> > Otherwise just keep being trash, on your trash build.

> >

>

> Hey man, I know I'm not the guy you were debating with but I usually run SA in my build and would be more than willing to duel you for gold with or without it. Let me know, I'm usually on every evening.

Haha I was going to ask him to duel 1v1 too, but I didn’t want to come off as combative, so I left it alone. Plus getting in the middle of drama, especially, forum drama is cancer. Although I already know the outcome of the duel already if we did.

And thanks unyielding for showing some love! You the homie!

>

> Anyways, I've taken this thread far enough off topic. Apologies for that, thanks again for the video o/

It’s all good brotha, I agree wholeheartedly with your stance. Bullies will be bullies though. (:

> > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > > > > > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > > > > > Playing SA in general is so cheesy, i have no respect for SA thieves, it’s the ultimate carry traitline.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Everyone else in the game uses the "carry" or "cheese" options, so I don't see why I shouldn't.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That’s a nice mentality you got man, the game is kitten because of ppl like you flocking to the OP ez to play builds.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Again, why should I handicap myself by refusing to use certain parts of my class in order to make you feel better? Do you also handicap yourself on your main class, or do you play whatever is strongest because it's in the game? If you are losing to thief, set up some duels with one and learn to fight them.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: you also assume I only play SA builds. That would be very wrong.

> > > >

> > > > Handicap yourself? SA just doesn’t req any skill, it just carries you, and then you think you are good, till you switch out SA, and you notice you are trash.

> > > > You can play your carry build, but when they nerf it, you still gonna be a bad player with bad reactions.

> > > > And how you talk about SA, yes it makes people think you only play SA.

> > > > I would be impressed if you would beat me in a 1v1 without SA, i’m a drd s/d thief btw.

> > > > If you ever wanna duel for gold, lemme know.

> > > > Otherwise just keep being trash, on your trash build.

> > > >

> > >

> > > If you check my post history you'll notice that I play a wide variety of builds, including but not limited to S/D daredevil, and frankly I have nothing to prove to you because the respect of some dude on the internet literally means nothing to me. You're the one who tried to make this personal by making assumptions about me and how I play thief, and frankly you come across as a dude crying about something that counters his build rather than trying to improve himself. I suggest you take some time to work on your character because at the moment it is lacking somewhat. Have a nice day :)

> >

> > Why would i check your post history when u say youre playing Sa because otherwise you are in a disadvantage, that alone says more than enough of what kind of player you are. You just (as i said before) flock to the easy to play build that are op.

> > You’re a bandwagoneer in terms of ez to play builds. Idc if you don’t want respect dude, that’s up to you how you want ppl to see you.

> > I’m crying because something counters my build you think?

> > No, there are always counters in mmo’s i get that.

> > SA isn’t just a counter to my build, if played ultra cheesy like they all do, you can counter any class you want. Because guess what, stealth with regen and clears is broken, because SA thieves stealth 24/7 when they are getting low, and wait for heals and kitten.

> > Keep thinking you are a good thief with SA man, inb4 they nerf the kitten out of it, and u realise you are trash. Have a nice day also

>

> I didn't say that I'm playing SA because otherwise I'm at a disadvantage, nor did I say that I'm always playing SA. You wrongly assumed both of those things. I said the mentality of refusing to play a spec in order to make some other guy feel better about fighting you is handicapping yourself. That's not the same thing, and I'd say that about not running any viable build, spec or skill because of some other person's opinion of it. Any build decision made because of the opinion of others on what is "fair" or "balanced" is fundamentally flawed, because they aren't going to take what you consider cheesy into consideration when building their character. They will just take whatever will help them kill you and then dance on your corpse. Nobody cares what you think, just like nobody cares what I think. Just play the game with whatever build you feel like and leave the ego stroking posturing behind for a while. You never know, you might actually enjoy things more.

>

> Anyways, I've taken this thread far enough off topic. Apologies for that, thanks again for the video o/

You can say what you want to try and justify SA as a non cheesy build as much as you want, you know when you ask any good dueler if SA is cheesy, 95% will say the same. It’s not only my opninion.

SA is a carry traitline, if you wanna play that shit, so be it. Just don’t start qq’ing when the game actually requires some skill again.

And for those who wanna duel, make sure you have Armistice Bastion pass. So Aiki you know what the outcome will be, so do i.

You don’t remember me it seems. We duelled many times, and you managed to get me maybe once. I’m down for gold duels, noot.8641 let’s go

> @"noot.8641" said:

> > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > > > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > > > > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > > > > > > > Playing SA in general is so cheesy, i have no respect for SA thieves, it’s the ultimate carry traitline.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Everyone else in the game uses the "carry" or "cheese" options, so I don't see why I shouldn't.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That’s a nice mentality you got man, the game is kitten because of ppl like you flocking to the OP ez to play builds.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again, why should I handicap myself by refusing to use certain parts of my class in order to make you feel better? Do you also handicap yourself on your main class, or do you play whatever is strongest because it's in the game? If you are losing to thief, set up some duels with one and learn to fight them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit: you also assume I only play SA builds. That would be very wrong.

> > > > >

> > > > > Handicap yourself? SA just doesn’t req any skill, it just carries you, and then you think you are good, till you switch out SA, and you notice you are trash.

> > > > > You can play your carry build, but when they nerf it, you still gonna be a bad player with bad reactions.

> > > > > And how you talk about SA, yes it makes people think you only play SA.

> > > > > I would be impressed if you would beat me in a 1v1 without SA, i’m a drd s/d thief btw.

> > > > > If you ever wanna duel for gold, lemme know.

> > > > > Otherwise just keep being trash, on your trash build.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > If you check my post history you'll notice that I play a wide variety of builds, including but not limited to S/D daredevil, and frankly I have nothing to prove to you because the respect of some dude on the internet literally means nothing to me. You're the one who tried to make this personal by making assumptions about me and how I play thief, and frankly you come across as a dude crying about something that counters his build rather than trying to improve himself. I suggest you take some time to work on your character because at the moment it is lacking somewhat. Have a nice day :)

> > >

> > > Why would i check your post history when u say youre playing Sa because otherwise you are in a disadvantage, that alone says more than enough of what kind of player you are. You just (as i said before) flock to the easy to play build that are op.

> > > You’re a bandwagoneer in terms of ez to play builds. Idc if you don’t want respect dude, that’s up to you how you want ppl to see you.

> > > I’m crying because something counters my build you think?

> > > No, there are always counters in mmo’s i get that.

> > > SA isn’t just a counter to my build, if played ultra cheesy like they all do, you can counter any class you want. Because guess what, stealth with regen and clears is broken, because SA thieves stealth 24/7 when they are getting low, and wait for heals and kitten.

> > > Keep thinking you are a good thief with SA man, inb4 they nerf the kitten out of it, and u realise you are trash. Have a nice day also

> >

> > I didn't say that I'm playing SA because otherwise I'm at a disadvantage, nor did I say that I'm always playing SA. You wrongly assumed both of those things. I said the mentality of refusing to play a spec in order to make some other guy feel better about fighting you is handicapping yourself. That's not the same thing, and I'd say that about not running any viable build, spec or skill because of some other person's opinion of it. Any build decision made because of the opinion of others on what is "fair" or "balanced" is fundamentally flawed, because they aren't going to take what you consider cheesy into consideration when building their character. They will just take whatever will help them kill you and then dance on your corpse. Nobody cares what you think, just like nobody cares what I think. Just play the game with whatever build you feel like and leave the ego stroking posturing behind for a while. You never know, you might actually enjoy things more.

> >

> > Anyways, I've taken this thread far enough off topic. Apologies for that, thanks again for the video o/

>

> You can say what you want to try and justify SA as a non cheesy build as much as you want, you know when you ask any good dueler if SA is cheesy, 95% will say the same. It’s not only my opninion.

> SA is a carry traitline, if you wanna play that kitten, so be it. Just don’t start qq’ing when the game actually requires some skill again.

> And for those who wanna duel, make sure you have Armistice Bastion pass. So Aiki you know what the outcome will be, so do i.

> You don’t remember me it seems. We duelled many times, and you managed to get me maybe once. I’m down for gold duels, noot.8641 let’s go

Yeah man I’m down, and no I’m sorry, I don’t remember you, but if you are really as good as you say, than it will be exciting. I’m currently in EU, but when I come back over I’ll definitely hit you up! I love that confidence in you! (Not sarcasm seriously) And I’m not too sure when we fought before, but you sound very sure of yourself and I dig that energy you putting out, so I’ll hit you up soon ?

Especially the best thieves take every advantage they can, SA is no exception.

I don’t expect them to handicap themselves. I run a build that can’t handle permastealth well. But if I run into it I just leave. Why fight something that I cant kill?

I don’t get this ego trash talking. You may be good at the game but don’t assume everyone else is bad because their play style doesn’t mesh with your preferences.

@"AikijinX.6258" @"saerni.2584"

Pretty sure this is @"noot.8641" build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYVn0MBFmilOBGOBkmiFYCTLBEA2NephzQbY+DeCbhA-j1CEQBA4IA4P1dcneA48AA4iSQ3oJoJK/g3+Du8EA0IVCewhAYdABwkkUCYMGjxohUKlSp379kCQ1lRA-w

I wouldn't let him get to you. Unless I've mixed him up with someone else he literally runs a troll tank S/D build with Durability runes (lol calling SA cheese when running these runes, pot calling the kettle black much.) stacking Valk/knights gear with soldiers and marauder thrown in. After he dueled my zerker short bow ranger mate to a stalemate he rage whispered him for running cheese claiming he was a core condi ranger.... despite the fact that he was running core zerker power. So his definition of cheese is anything he can't kill with his sustain thief.

It bewilders me that people still have such raging ego's after this games balance was flushed down the toilet with HoT. And an apartment complex was built on the toilet with PoF. Run whatever build you find enjoyable. Don't let them get to you, just enjoy the whispers and have fun.

> @"Doug.4930" said:

> @"AikijinX.6258" @"saerni.2584"

>

> Pretty sure this is @"noot.8641" build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYVn0MBFmilOBGOBkmiFYCTLBEA2NephzQbY+DeCbhA-j1CEQBA4IA4P1dcneA48AA4iSQ3oJoJK/g3+Du8EA0IVCewhAYdABwkkUCYMGjxohUKlSp379kCQ1lRA-w

>

> I wouldn't let him get to you. Unless I've mixed him up with someone else he literally runs a troll tank S/D build with Durability runes (lol calling SA cheese when running these runes, pot calling the kettle black much.) stacking Valk/knights gear with soldiers and marauder thrown in. After he dueled my zerker short bow ranger mate to a stalemate he rage whispered him for running cheese claiming he was a core condi ranger.... despite the fact that he was running core zerker power. So his definition of cheese is anything he can't kill with his sustain thief.

>

> It bewilders me that people still have such raging ego's after this games balance was flushed down the toilet with HoT. And an apartment complex was built on the toilet with PoF. Run whatever build you find enjoyable. Don't let them get to you, just enjoy the whispers and have fun.

I'm not bothered in the slightest brother, thanks for the concern though ^^ . I don't remember him at all or ever fighting, nor am I afraid. I welcome challenges. But currently i'm in EU so can't really do anything right now in terms of NA, but even being in EU tho, the ping is atrocious haha, so i'm looking to come back soon. I looked up nootski and his youtube stuff, he is a great S/D Thief, with great awareness, but i've mained S/D for 6+ years, as seen from my previous montages. I'm not too worried lol, although I am EXTREMELY rusty with the set now, since i've been running staff - DP mainly. But my S/D muscle memory and instinct would eventually come back after using the set for alittle bit.

Thief is one of those classes where ego's run high, and where the skill cap window is even higher, thus making everyone reach and try to grab the throne. It'll always be like, that's why I welcome competition, and competitive nature. :]

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > @"AikijinX.6258" @"saerni.2584"

> >

> > Pretty sure this is @"noot.8641" build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYVn0MBFmilOBGOBkmiFYCTLBEA2NephzQbY+DeCbhA-j1CEQBA4IA4P1dcneA48AA4iSQ3oJoJK/g3+Du8EA0IVCewhAYdABwkkUCYMGjxohUKlSp379kCQ1lRA-w

> >

> > I wouldn't let him get to you. Unless I've mixed him up with someone else he literally runs a troll tank S/D build with Durability runes (lol calling SA cheese when running these runes, pot calling the kettle black much.) stacking Valk/knights gear with soldiers and marauder thrown in. After he dueled my zerker short bow ranger mate to a stalemate he rage whispered him for running cheese claiming he was a core condi ranger.... despite the fact that he was running core zerker power. So his definition of cheese is anything he can't kill with his sustain thief.

> >

> > It bewilders me that people still have such raging ego's after this games balance was flushed down the toilet with HoT. And an apartment complex was built on the toilet with PoF. Run whatever build you find enjoyable. Don't let them get to you, just enjoy the whispers and have fun.

>

> I'm not bothered in the slightest brother, thanks for the concern though ^^ . I don't remember him at all or ever fighting, nor am I afraid. I welcome challenges. But currently i'm in EU so can't really do anything right now in terms of NA, but even being in EU tho, the ping is atrocious haha, so i'm looking to come back soon. I looked up nootski and his youtube stuff, he is a great S/D Thief, with great awareness, but i've mained S/D for 6+ years, as seen from my previous montages. I'm not too worried lol, although I am EXTREMELY rusty with the set now, since i've been running staff - DP mainly. But my S/D muscle memory and instinct would eventually come back after using the set for alittle bit.

>

> Thief is one of those classes where ego's run high, and where the skill cap window is even higher, thus making everyone reach and try to grab the throne. It'll always be like, that's why I welcome competition, and competitive nature. :]

Good for you, I had a similar mindset 4 years ago, but after returning to the game recently I've lost the ego I used to have in years gone by. Just play the game for fun these days and hang out with friends. I've accepted it will never be the balanced and competitive game mode my past self wished it to be. But I still enjoy it, and like I said am still somewhat surprised people actually still take it seriously hahaha

Oh and to complain about downstate in WvW. Because it can't hurt to have some aspirations for the game right? lol

> @"Doug.4930" said:

> @"AikijinX.6258" @"saerni.2584"

>

> Pretty sure this is @"noot.8641" build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYVn0MBFmilOBGOBkmiFYCTLBEA2NephzQbY+DeCbhA-j1CEQBA4IA4P1dcneA48AA4iSQ3oJoJK/g3+Du8EA0IVCewhAYdABwkkUCYMGjxohUKlSp379kCQ1lRA-w

>

> I wouldn't let him get to you. Unless I've mixed him up with someone else he literally runs a troll tank S/D build with Durability runes (lol calling SA cheese when running these runes, pot calling the kettle black much.) stacking Valk/knights gear with soldiers and marauder thrown in. After he dueled my zerker short bow ranger mate to a stalemate he rage whispered him for running cheese claiming he was a core condi ranger.... despite the fact that he was running core zerker power. So his definition of cheese is anything he can't kill with his sustain thief.

>

> It bewilders me that people still have such raging ego's after this games balance was flushed down the toilet with HoT. And an apartment complex was built on the toilet with PoF. Run whatever build you find enjoyable. Don't let them get to you, just enjoy the whispers and have fun.

Bro, a troll S/D build because i run dura runes?

You seem like dura is some god rune that makes every build cheese.

If you haven’t played for 4y then you don’t know much about the current state of the game, so i wouldn’t say too much.

Playing SA d/p is the pinnacle of cheese when you play thief, alteast s/d requires skill, even when u run dura runes. SA on the other hand, doesn’t require fast reaction times.

And btw, i think you link a build of 4y or something.

I run mara with dura on s/d.

Not even close to being cheese in the meta you see now.

Try running s/d with dura and see where u get, i bet you can’t kill anyone.

And i don’t remember your story with the core ranger, how long was that ago? You have any proof? you come here after 4y talking shit, like who are you..

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > @"AikijinX.6258" @"saerni.2584"

> >

> > Pretty sure this is @"noot.8641" build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYVn0MBFmilOBGOBkmiFYCTLBEA2NephzQbY+DeCbhA-j1CEQBA4IA4P1dcneA48AA4iSQ3oJoJK/g3+Du8EA0IVCewhAYdABwkkUCYMGjxohUKlSp379kCQ1lRA-w

> >

> > I wouldn't let him get to you. Unless I've mixed him up with someone else he literally runs a troll tank S/D build with Durability runes (lol calling SA cheese when running these runes, pot calling the kettle black much.) stacking Valk/knights gear with soldiers and marauder thrown in. After he dueled my zerker short bow ranger mate to a stalemate he rage whispered him for running cheese claiming he was a core condi ranger.... despite the fact that he was running core zerker power. So his definition of cheese is anything he can't kill with his sustain thief.

> >

> > It bewilders me that people still have such raging ego's after this games balance was flushed down the toilet with HoT. And an apartment complex was built on the toilet with PoF. Run whatever build you find enjoyable. Don't let them get to you, just enjoy the whispers and have fun.

>

> I'm not bothered in the slightest brother, thanks for the concern though ^^ . I don't remember him at all or ever fighting, nor am I afraid. I welcome challenges. But currently i'm in EU so can't really do anything right now in terms of NA, but even being in EU tho, the ping is atrocious haha, so i'm looking to come back soon. I looked up nootski and his youtube stuff, he is a great S/D Thief, with great awareness, but i've mained S/D for 6+ years, as seen from my previous montages. I'm not too worried lol, although I am EXTREMELY rusty with the set now, since i've been running staff - DP mainly. But my S/D muscle memory and instinct would eventually come back after using the set for alittle bit.

>

> Thief is one of those classes where ego's run high, and where the skill cap window is even higher, thus making everyone reach and try to grab the throne. It'll always be like, that's why I welcome competition, and competitive nature. :]

The account name i gave is of my EU acc, so send me a mail ingame if you wanna do some duels.

Is asking for duels an ego thing to do?

> @"noot.8641" said:

> > @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > > @"AikijinX.6258" @"saerni.2584"

> > >

> > > Pretty sure this is @"noot.8641" build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYVn0MBFmilOBGOBkmiFYCTLBEA2NephzQbY+DeCbhA-j1CEQBA4IA4P1dcneA48AA4iSQ3oJoJK/g3+Du8EA0IVCewhAYdABwkkUCYMGjxohUKlSp379kCQ1lRA-w

> > >

> > > I wouldn't let him get to you. Unless I've mixed him up with someone else he literally runs a troll tank S/D build with Durability runes (lol calling SA cheese when running these runes, pot calling the kettle black much.) stacking Valk/knights gear with soldiers and marauder thrown in. After he dueled my zerker short bow ranger mate to a stalemate he rage whispered him for running cheese claiming he was a core condi ranger.... despite the fact that he was running core zerker power. So his definition of cheese is anything he can't kill with his sustain thief.

> > >

> > > It bewilders me that people still have such raging ego's after this games balance was flushed down the toilet with HoT. And an apartment complex was built on the toilet with PoF. Run whatever build you find enjoyable. Don't let them get to you, just enjoy the whispers and have fun.

> >

> > I'm not bothered in the slightest brother, thanks for the concern though ^^ . I don't remember him at all or ever fighting, nor am I afraid. I welcome challenges. But currently i'm in EU so can't really do anything right now in terms of NA, but even being in EU tho, the ping is atrocious haha, so i'm looking to come back soon. I looked up nootski and his youtube stuff, he is a great S/D Thief, with great awareness, but i've mained S/D for 6+ years, as seen from my previous montages. I'm not too worried lol, although I am EXTREMELY rusty with the set now, since i've been running staff - DP mainly. But my S/D muscle memory and instinct would eventually come back after using the set for alittle bit.

> >

> > Thief is one of those classes where ego's run high, and where the skill cap window is even higher, thus making everyone reach and try to grab the throne. It'll always be like, that's why I welcome competition, and competitive nature. :]

>

> The account name i gave is of my EU acc, so send me a mail ingame if you wanna do some duels.

> Is asking for duels an ego thing to do?

>

>

Nope, asking for duels is totally fine man. When you start insulting players ( above ) and assuming their level of skill as well as asking about gold duels. That’s when ego’s start to flair up. I wasn’t going to get involved but apparently have been dragged in, which I’m totally okay with, @"Heizero.9183" also told you he’d duel you for gold if you were really looking for gold duels. But in terms of EU, that’s great ! So I don’t have to worry about moving to NA like right away. The ping here in EU is atrocious for me, like I said above, but we can still get some duels going on! Yeah man! I just pray that when we duel the ping won’t spike too heavily for me.

Oh and btw you were talking about meta build above. This isn’t a meta build (my staff / DP builds and well actually all my builds in general), I’ve never been one to use meta builds, I always made my own and tried to go against meta :) Everyone ran lyssa runes back then while running S/D and D/P back then. I chose to run Scholar while maining S/D for 6+ years. Everyone picked durability for D/P or S/D, I used eagle runes S/D. I was full balls to the wall damage back then. DA/CS/TR of course I had some S/D acro variations (With eagle runes). When people were running acro jump 3 staff I was still running S/D for the most part. I’ve been running S/D against a number of years of meta actually haha! But yeah In terms of S/D I mainly and always have used DA/ CS/TR. I love damage!

Oh and one thing I’ll mention. If the traits I were using had their own trait line and wasn’t associated with SA line, I wouldn’t be using SA. I’ve always despised SA. Which is why I don’t play like a typical SA stealth camper build. When I duel people, and It seems as though I am in stealth too much, it’s literally not intentional, people like to dodge my hook strike Staff knockdown haha! So of course the auto attack ICD then comes into play afterwards and keeps me in stealth until I try again for the CC or just force a blind via dust strike. This build revolves around knockdowns and blinds and quickness. I’m always in your face or at your back trying to get knockdowns, backstabs, vaults, etc. Hidden Thief/Leeching Venoms/Cloaked in Shadow is what I run. People typically run Condi cleanse, and of course the infamous shadow rejuvenation. That ain’t me.

> @"ArielRebel.3426" said:

> @"AikijinX.6258" have you ever tried [impacting Disruption](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Impacting_Disruption#:~:text=External%20links%20API-,Enemies%20that%20you%20interrupt%20suffer%20a%20pulmonary%20impact.,defiance%20bars%20once%20per%20interval.) ? If so, do you think it has a place in any staff or DD power/crit build?

>

Hey buddy thanks for the question.

Yes I have played with impacting disruption, before the severe nerf to it. Unfortunately in its current state it doesn’t pose too much of a threat nor do enough damage to scare anyone. However I will say, if you perform a really good burst on someone and get them down to 10 maybe even 20% hp, without their heal being up. You’ll appreciate the supportive additional damage Pressure from It. It’s a nuisance at low hp, but that’s all it is. A low hp nuisance trait.

In terms of its place in a staff build. Unfortunately as said before, the damage is just too low, as well as the knockdown rate won’t be as frequent due to possible misses or just simply getting dodged. As well as the other factor that plays a role. The other person has to be performing an interruptible action. So if they’re not doing anything, the knockdown won’t proc pulmonary impact, and likewise for steal. If they’re not performing any action it’ll be a wasted steal/daze. And to add even more oil to the flame. If we are talking in terms of my shadow arts staff build, then pulmonary impact wouldn’t have any real synergy while performing a steal. Because *Hidden Thief* (SA trait) And pulmonary impact would conflict with each other, because you’d auto reveal after the pulmonary impact hits, if you do manage to stealth into a steal interrupt.

I would say maybe a Meta D/P build would probably benefit from it, or sword pistol. But I can’t in my right conscience tell you staff would ever benefit from pulmonary impact. Hope this helped :)

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > @"ArielRebel.3426" said:

> > @"AikijinX.6258" have you ever tried [impacting Disruption](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Impacting_Disruption#:~:text=External%20links%20API-,Enemies%20that%20you%20interrupt%20suffer%20a%20pulmonary%20impact.,defiance%20bars%20once%20per%20interval.) ? If so, do you think it has a place in any staff or DD power/crit build?

> >

>

> Hey buddy thanks for the question.

>

> Yes I have played with impacting disruption, before the severe nerf to it. Unfortunately in its current state it doesn’t pose too much of a threat nor do enough damage to scare anyone. However I will say, if you perform a really good burst on someone and get them down to 10 maybe even 20% hp, without their heal being up. You’ll appreciate the supportive additional damage Pressure from It. It’s a nuisance at low hp, but that’s all it is. A low hp nuisance trait.

>

> In terms of its place in a staff build. Unfortunately as said before, the damage is just too low, as well as the knockdown rate won’t be as frequent due to possible misses or just simply getting dodged. As well as the other factor that plays a role. The other person has to be performing an interruptible action. So if they’re not doing anything, the knockdown won’t proc pulmonary impact, and likewise for steal. If they’re not performing any action it’ll be a wasted steal/daze. And to add even more oil to the flame. If we are talking in terms of my shadow arts staff build, then pulmonary impact wouldn’t have any real synergy while performing a steal. Because *Hidden Thief* (SA trait) And pulmonary impact would conflict with each other, because you’d auto reveal after the pulmonary impact hits, if you do manage to stealth into a steal interrupt.

>

> I would say maybe a Meta D/P build would probably benefit from it, or sword pistol. But I can’t in my right conscience tell you staff would ever benefit from pulmonary impact. Hope this helped :)

Thank you! I'm actually trying out a D/P + staff build in marauder gear and I like to try non meta builds (made another topic trying to find a fun to play condi thief build but ended up ditching the idea) and seeing how many dazes, stuns and knockdown are available to us, I'd really like to see such build work lol. So far it's nice and satisfying to pull off but yeah, unreliable.

> @"ArielRebel.3426" said:

> > @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > > @"ArielRebel.3426" said:

> > > @"AikijinX.6258" have you ever tried [impacting Disruption](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Impacting_Disruption#:~:text=External%20links%20API-,Enemies%20that%20you%20interrupt%20suffer%20a%20pulmonary%20impact.,defiance%20bars%20once%20per%20interval.) ? If so, do you think it has a place in any staff or DD power/crit build?

> > >

> >

> > Hey buddy thanks for the question.

> >

> > Yes I have played with impacting disruption, before the severe nerf to it. Unfortunately in its current state it doesn’t pose too much of a threat nor do enough damage to scare anyone. However I will say, if you perform a really good burst on someone and get them down to 10 maybe even 20% hp, without their heal being up. You’ll appreciate the supportive additional damage Pressure from It. It’s a nuisance at low hp, but that’s all it is. A low hp nuisance trait.

> >

> > In terms of its place in a staff build. Unfortunately as said before, the damage is just too low, as well as the knockdown rate won’t be as frequent due to possible misses or just simply getting dodged. As well as the other factor that plays a role. The other person has to be performing an interruptible action. So if they’re not doing anything, the knockdown won’t proc pulmonary impact, and likewise for steal. If they’re not performing any action it’ll be a wasted steal/daze. And to add even more oil to the flame. If we are talking in terms of my shadow arts staff build, then pulmonary impact wouldn’t have any real synergy while performing a steal. Because *Hidden Thief* (SA trait) And pulmonary impact would conflict with each other, because you’d auto reveal after the pulmonary impact hits, if you do manage to stealth into a steal interrupt.

> >

> > I would say maybe a Meta D/P build would probably benefit from it, or sword pistol. But I can’t in my right conscience tell you staff would ever benefit from pulmonary impact. Hope this helped :)

>

> Thank you! I'm actually trying out a D/P + staff build in marauder gear and I like to try non meta builds (made another topic trying to find a fun to play condi thief build but ended up ditching the idea) and seeing how many dazes, stuns and knockdown are available to us, I'd really like to see such build work lol. So far it's nice and satisfying to pull off but yeah, unreliable.

Well if you need, I have all my builds above, and I’ll be posting my new barrier thief build tomorrow ??? I’m not one for meta builds either ?

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > @"ArielRebel.3426" said:

> > > @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > > > @"ArielRebel.3426" said:

> > > > @"AikijinX.6258" have you ever tried [impacting Disruption](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Impacting_Disruption#:~:text=External%20links%20API-,Enemies%20that%20you%20interrupt%20suffer%20a%20pulmonary%20impact.,defiance%20bars%20once%20per%20interval.) ? If so, do you think it has a place in any staff or DD power/crit build?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Hey buddy thanks for the question.

> > >

> > > Yes I have played with impacting disruption, before the severe nerf to it. Unfortunately in its current state it doesn’t pose too much of a threat nor do enough damage to scare anyone. However I will say, if you perform a really good burst on someone and get them down to 10 maybe even 20% hp, without their heal being up. You’ll appreciate the supportive additional damage Pressure from It. It’s a nuisance at low hp, but that’s all it is. A low hp nuisance trait.

> > >

> > > In terms of its place in a staff build. Unfortunately as said before, the damage is just too low, as well as the knockdown rate won’t be as frequent due to possible misses or just simply getting dodged. As well as the other factor that plays a role. The other person has to be performing an interruptible action. So if they’re not doing anything, the knockdown won’t proc pulmonary impact, and likewise for steal. If they’re not performing any action it’ll be a wasted steal/daze. And to add even more oil to the flame. If we are talking in terms of my shadow arts staff build, then pulmonary impact wouldn’t have any real synergy while performing a steal. Because *Hidden Thief* (SA trait) And pulmonary impact would conflict with each other, because you’d auto reveal after the pulmonary impact hits, if you do manage to stealth into a steal interrupt.

> > >

> > > I would say maybe a Meta D/P build would probably benefit from it, or sword pistol. But I can’t in my right conscience tell you staff would ever benefit from pulmonary impact. Hope this helped :)

> >

> > Thank you! I'm actually trying out a D/P + staff build in marauder gear and I like to try non meta builds (made another topic trying to find a fun to play condi thief build but ended up ditching the idea) and seeing how many dazes, stuns and knockdown are available to us, I'd really like to see such build work lol. So far it's nice and satisfying to pull off but yeah, unreliable.

>

> Well if you need, I have all my builds above, and I’ll be posting my new barrier thief build tomorrow ??? I’m not one for meta builds either ?

Ohhhh cant wait to see. I actually saw your comment on a YT video and you were talking about it. I am excited to see! Maybe I'll ditch my pulmonary impact build and go for a barrier one!

Been using sa staff/dp for a while now while we do guild raids. I am just there for a smoke feild bot but I can also run what I like, i use to run this right after hot came out, i was playing this at the early days of strong hold lol. I dont use this while roaming/dueling though, normally go back to core s/d acro.

Also, anything that runs dash (daredevil) is kinda trollish, 450 dodge lol.

> @"ArielRebel.3426" said: ?

>

> Ohhhh cant wait to see. I actually saw your comment on a YT video and you were talking about it. I am excited to see! Maybe I'll ditch my pulmonary impact build and go for a barrier one!

Yeah definitely! Look out for my build today! Maybe you’ll like it! However you’ll have to farm Honor of the waves dungeon for the runes. Sanctuary Runes. If you don’t have them already :(

>

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> Been using sa staff/dp for a while now while we do guild raids. I am just there for a smoke feild bot but I can also run what I like, i use to run this right after hot came out, i was playing this at the early days of strong hold lol. I dont use this while roaming/dueling though, normally go back to core s/d acro.

>

> Also, anything that runs dash (daredevil) is kinda trollish, 450 dodge lol.

>

Yeah man, I’ve been running Staff/SD before, and have always used smoke screen and such. But I used eagle runes or scholar back then. So in terms of SA Staff and all the variations of my Staff/DP build. It’s pretty new, and especially my barrier staff thief build ?

I don't want to continue to de-rail this thread, I just saw my mention so just to quickly reiterate, Yeah I'm always open for gold duels @noot.8641. I added your forum acc in-game. I'm on NA, I don't run a build like Aiki, but I do run my own flavor of thief for sure. so if you want some good duels hmu.

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > @"ArielRebel.3426" said: ?

> >

> > Ohhhh cant wait to see. I actually saw your comment on a YT video and you were talking about it. I am excited to see! Maybe I'll ditch my pulmonary impact build and go for a barrier one!

>

> Yeah definitely! Look out for my build today! Maybe you’ll like it! However you’ll have to farm Honor of the waves dungeon for the runes. Sanctuary Runes. If you don’t have them already :(

> >

Still waiting on your video :P