Is it just me or does armor skin choices feel a bit lacking?

Ruisen.9471

> @"Ruisen.9471" said:

> Considering that fashion wars are a big part of the endgame, does anyone else feel that the amount of armour skins to choose from feels a bit lacking?

> Almost all of the gem store skin pieces aren't available except for rare sales, and for outfits, you're forced to take the entire outfit, so you can't really mix and match the pieces, which is a shame since alot of outfits have some pretty cool armour pieces. Overall, it feels a bit restricting, and it doesn't really feel like you have alot to choose from at any given time.

Certainly not in quantity ... but I always struggle if I'm looking for a look that isn't over the top.

> @"jokke.6239" said:

> I actually began using outfits a lot even with the lack of mixing different pieces. When you have a lot of outfits it's very cool to be able to switch look every day without having to worry about transmutation charges, they add up if you want to switch that often.

> But can we please get the option to at the very least use helmet skin with outfits? It seems like it wouldn't cause any issues. I've even seen helmet skins work with outfits in preview window.

I'd appreciate it if I could hide shoulders and gloves on all outfits. For some outfits, the outrageous shoulders are a deal breaker (like the one with all the feathers, I can see anything from the waist up.)

By a similar token, I'd have appreciated if the outfits pieces could be mixed, even if not with any of the other weights.

I feel the same way op, posted something similar to this a week ago. I feel this game has a lack of looks to go for. Been playing for about 3 years, and I feel I've collected everything good looking. It also seems like 50% of all the cool looking stuff comes from the gemstore.

Tried to get my friend to play this game, he's a WOW player. When looking in the wardrobe, he kept asking how to get certain armor pieces. He said why is everything from the gemstore. I realized I think he's right a lot of the unique, and interesting armor pieces seem to come from the gemstore, like the aetherblade armor, or things like gloves, the seven reapers gloves. We seem to only get one new unique armor piece every other lw update, imo.

> @"Timbersword.9014" said:

> I'd appreciate it if I could hide shoulders and gloves on all outfits. For some outfits, the outrageous shoulders are a deal breaker (like the one with all the feathers, I can see anything from the waist up.)

> By a similar token, I'd have appreciated if the outfits pieces could be mixed, even if not with any of the other weights.

That's not how outfits work. Your suggestions are what armor sets are for.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Full disclosure: plenty of Outfits that I will never, ever buy because of one element of the design that I can't accept. I'd love to see some of the outfits offered in multiple configurations, to avoid that. At the same time, I think it's fine because we get enough Outfits that I only need to like a few.

That's pretty much where I'm at. I hate 99% of the helms on those outfits, especially.

I realized that you guys actually described the issue much better than I did. Its not the lack of skins, but the fact that alot of the styles of just... similar, much more similar than previous MMO's I've played (where fashion wasn't part of the endgame, but there was always new armour sets every raid release and they all looked very unique and interesting, and really enforced the idea that you're wearing powerful magical armour, but without having too many darn lights on it - a theme that GW2 seems to have very few of, and those few light you up like a x-mas tree).

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Timbersword.9014" said:

> > I'd appreciate it if I could hide shoulders and gloves on all outfits. For some outfits, the outrageous shoulders are a deal breaker (like the one with all the feathers, I can see anything from the waist up.)

> > By a similar token, I'd have appreciated if the outfits pieces could be mixed, even if not with any of the other weights.

>

> That's not how outfits work. Your suggestions are what armor sets are for.

That's how armor sets COULD work. Already do with helmets.

> @"Ruisen.9471" said:

> Considering that fashion wars are a big part of the endgame, does anyone else feel that the amount of armour skins to choose from feels a bit lacking?

> Almost all of the gem store skin pieces aren't available except for rare sales, and for outfits, you're forced to take the entire outfit, so you can't really mix and match the pieces, which is a shame since alot of outfits have some pretty cool armour pieces. Overall, it feels a bit restricting, and it doesn't really feel like you have alot to choose from at any given time.

>

> Edit: To rephrase a bit, its not that there's a lack of skins, but a lack of unique styles of skins.

The best looking skins i got were from the Gemstore. I do wish they added more reason for me to go to pve to get that one certain set of armor..But instead i dump gold in the gemstore to get one.