Mist form now cancels skills castings

JasonLucas.4981

Sad.. I know the Rez glyph into form was annoying but overloads into glyph was such a good combo especially considering how overloads grant just 1 pathetic stack of stability and Mistform has an absurd cooldown. The least they can do at this point is add a feature where it removes immobilize and crippled when you enter mistform. It is literally a MIST FORM.

So only 3 people are complaining about this stealth nerf? Can't log in at the moment, but am i right that all casts are now interrupted upon casting mist form? So no more meteor/stomp/rezz/glyph... combo casting with mist form? This is quite a heavy nerf. Doesn't exactly help that most of our utility skills are just plain awful.

Why? Because of this one skill combo with rezz glyph in spvp? Yeah nerf all ele specs in pve/wvw because of this... pathetic.

Elementalist doesn't need to be a res danger anyway. We have other ways. Armor of Earth gives 10 stacks (over kill) in a meta where boon rips come from CCs or steal (which you can just abuse no port spots for.) We're still able to do things, just think.

Mist form was a bug (NOT INTENDED) and other classes like Holosmith had the same bug with Elixir S allowing them to heal into invul. Just because it's not Holosmith doesn't mean it wasn't busted and unfair.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> This has always been the case since mist form is a transformation. Obsidian flesh is a channel and made like that intentionally (for who knows what reason). Distortion is neither of those.

Nope, I have been playing Tempest for 3 or 4 PvP seasons and I am 100% sure that you could initiate the casting of an skill and use Mist Form and the casting will still keep going. The only circumstance it would get canceled was if Mist Form ended before the skill casting, now when you use Mist Form while casting an skill it cancels the casting.

The whole point of making Obsidian Flesh a casted skill was to give it a proper trade off, you get invulnerable, can't take any damage, but you also can't do anything. Take Guardian Renewed Focus as an exemple, you are invulnerable for 3 seconds, but you also can't do anything, that's how all invulnerabilities should be.

> @"JasonLucas.4981" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > This has always been the case since mist form is a transformation. Obsidian flesh is a channel and made like that intentionally (for who knows what reason). Distortion is neither of those.

>

> Nope, I have been playing Tempest for 3 or 4 PvP seasons and I am 100% sure that you could initiate the casting of an skill and use Mist Form and the casting will still keep going. The only circumstance it would get canceled was if Mist Form ended before the skill casting, now when you use Mist Form while casting an skill it cancels the casting.

>

> The whole point of making Obsidian Flesh a casted skill was to give it a proper trade off, you get invulnerable, can't take any damage, but you also can't do anything. Take Guardian Renewed Focus as an exemple, you are invulnerable for 3 seconds, but you also can't do anything, that's how all invulnerabilities should be.

Since you mentioned Mesmer's Distortion not having a trade off. Think of the fact that they're dependent on their clones to get a proper duration. They can only generate so many clones at once and can only generate so many in general. Using your clones, a resource on par with Energy on Revenant, to be defensive is fair on top of the recharge time it has. Let's also mention that Mesmer's Distortion is easy to manipulate into being panic-pressed, clones getting killed to only get a 1s invulnerability. Mesmer's Distortion has multiple trade offs. Sure, they can cast while doing it, but they sacrificed being able to daze, blind (if Dueling and using Blinding Dissipation), and just going on the aggressive.

> @"kybraga.7103" said:

> > @"Whambulance.3564" said:

> > Anyone else here who doesn't really care about the change, but are upset that its not featured in Patch Notes?

> >

>

> Nah, I think it's funny that it ruined some Tempest mains. They deserved to get the bullying session. :tongue:

Any undocumented class change will ruin players playstyle. These bad moves from Anet are very unsporting,

> @"Extacy.6192" said:

> So only 3 people are complaining about this stealth nerf? Can't log in at the moment, but am i right that all casts are now interrupted upon casting mist form? So no more meteor/stomp/rezz/glyph... combo casting with mist form? This is quite a heavy nerf. Doesn't exactly help that most of our utility skills are just plain awful.

>

> Why? Because of this one skill combo with rezz glyph in spvp? Yeah nerf all ele specs in pve/wvw because of this... pathetic.

>

>

Because Ele is dead in PvP for years.