Fractals, dungeons and small group content [suggestion]

Zahld.4956

Having something at the start of each group area that directs players to LFG seems like a missing thing that should probably be in place. Doesn't that make sense? Is it a missing game link to group content or does an new player need to know to wiki to be directed to LFG if they don't use forums or other info sources?

I finished my last dungeon story instance today (yay!) and did almost all the dungeons within the past week using the LFG tool. Honestly, as a somewhat new player I was apprehensive to use the tool, but eventually started checking it while I was out doing other missions to see if anyone was actually doing story dungeon runs, to which there were groups (usually evenings US time). I thought it was really convenient because I could just continue playing where I was while the group formed up. Same thing when I made my own LFG, which was ready to go in about 20 min. I personally think this system is better than making a "grouping lobby" of sorts where everyone has to be in the same space (if that's what you mean).

Honestly I thought story mode Dungeons were completely dead content, but was pleasantly surprised on how doable they were once you pierce the comfortable anti-social bubble and how many new (and some old) players wanted to run them even if they aren't the most popular content anymore. Also for me it has been a great way to meet other players outside of guilds. I just wished I knew more about how the tool really worked much earlier and not so apprehensive about creating my own group as an inexperienced new player and feeling 'responsible' for a group.

> @"firedragon.8953" said:

> I finished my last dungeon story instance today (yay!) and did almost all the dungeons within the past week using the LFG tool. Honestly, as a somewhat new player I was apprehensive to use the tool, but eventually started checking it while I was out doing other missions to see if anyone was actually doing story dungeon runs, to which there were groups (usually evenings US time). I thought it was really convenient because I could just continue playing where I was while the group formed up. Same thing when I made my own LFG, which was ready to go in about 20 min. I personally think this system is better than making a "grouping lobby" of sorts where everyone has to be in the same space (if that's what you mean).

>

> Honestly I thought story mode Dungeons were completely dead content, but was pleasantly surprised on how doable they were once you pierce the comfortable anti-social bubble and how many new (and some old) players wanted to run them even if they aren't the most popular content anymore. Also for me it has been a great way to meet other players outside of guilds. I just wished I knew more about how the tool really worked much earlier and not so apprehensive about creating my own group as an inexperienced new player and feeling 'responsible' for a group.

Glad you figured it out and liked it mate.