Halloween Event (Thief build)

Tonny.5908

[This](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PagAoqlZw0YYsI2IO6L6PVA-zRIYR0wPGNTgIFgpB-e) worked for me last year, the Deadeye traits can be swapped out for something else if you don't have the elite spec, all it's doing for the build is stacking quickness which boosts your power/precision from marking your targets as you run around.

Eagles can also be swapped out if you have a preferred Rune-set, i prefer it over Scholar because it's a consistent damage boost rather that relying on your health being above 90%.

During Labyrinth-Farm, you want to be fast, tag as many mobs as possible and deal as little damage as possible. So any traits/gear that drastically enhance your DPS are not a good idea in general. If you run a squad with a commander who uses the meter, you may even risk getting kicked if you hit too hard.

If I had to play a Thief, I would go for this

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAUxrlNw0YgsIGJe+WpPNA-zxQUwo+tDuQKLoqLVTuCsbVAM-e

Camp Shortbow most of the time

Switch to Sword + Pistol when fighting doors with tons of trash-mobs spawning

AoE Tagging

- on kill

- on critical hit

- dodge

- steal/mark

- Shortbow 1, 2, 4 and 5

- Sword 1, 3 and pistol 5

- Heal

- Signet of Shadows

- Smoke Screen

- Shadow Flare

- Dagger Storm

Thief usually lacks AoE attacks, so we utilize the **Cloaked in Shadow** trait, which causes an AoE attack whenever you blind a foe. Thief can easily blind enemies. Some of the doors can spawn tons of mobs. If you feel you still do not hit all of them, drop a smoke field (pistol 5 or Smoke Screen) and run Dagger Storm inside.

50 % critical hit rate should be enough. I usually run full magi when doing lab farm, to avoid dealing too much damage. As a thief with shortbow, you are always among the first players to hit a mob. When the last people of the train pass by, it should still be alive. Speed Runes are costly, but allow you to run extremely fast. The efficient Labfarm trains prohibit the use of mounts. Fire Sigil causes an AoE attack upon critical hit. Superior Sigil of Mischief launches 4 snowballs on weaponswap, each of them can blind a target => cause the 5-target AoE.

Spring Roll food for Swiftness on kill.

Note: I usually run Guardian, full magi with green gear. Never had problems of dealing too little damage on tagged mobs.

[EDIT]After a small test, I decided to replace the Superior Sigil of Mischief on the Shortbow for a Superior Sigil of Speed. This solves the last issue, so you can use regular food instead of the Spring Rolls.

The [TagDevil build](https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_TagDevil) on Metabattle is a thief build generally designed for open world tagging and they have a variant specifically designed for the Lab. I've been trying it out this week in the Joko invasions and it really is good for tagging mobs. Their Lab variant does low damage while tagging, which lets others tag in too.

Just spam shortbow 4 and raptor attack skill over enemy groups where possible to tag lots of enemies.

Tab target if you use your auto attack.

Don't stay to finish off targets - tag and leave.

Use Daredevil "unhindered combattant" for the swiftness.

Try to unequip armour or trinkets in zergs, the less damage you do the more people can hit the target.

Make sure to get pumpkin oil and peppermint omnomberry bar or spicy pumpkin cookie for and extra 30% magic find each. If you want another 10% to that you can eat Omnomberry chocolate creams that are worth 40% magic find IF you have a boon of some kind on you. As a thief you can pretty much have perma swiftness but can also take superior sigil of luck to gain a 75% chance at a random boon on killing a mob. This is what I have on my staff while tagging mobs at doors.

P.S. DO NOT FORGET TO BUY A CANDY CORN GOBBLER! This is a fantastic item that gives you Boosters (exp booster, speed booster, Magic Find booster, etc) for eating candy corn. I use this constantly in WvW and tagging events. Pretty much everywhere.

> @"Parasite.5389" said:

> [This](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PagAoqlZw0YYsI2IO6L6PVA-zRIYR0wPGNTgIFgpB-e) worked for me last year, the Deadeye traits can be swapped out for something else if you don't have the elite spec, all it's doing for the build is stacking quickness which boosts your power/precision from marking your targets as you run around.

> Eagles can also be swapped out if you have a preferred Rune-set, i prefer it over Scholar because it's a consistent damage boost rather that relying on your health being above 90%.

Dude, why would you play full berseker in Lab farm? It's selfish killing everything for yourself. It's all about tagging, not killing.

Oh, and you should probably take Deadly Aim if you play p/p. Pierce. This trait has been reworked couple months ago.

> @"Antycypator.9874" said:

> > @"Parasite.5389" said:

> > [This](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PagAoqlZw0YYsI2IO6L6PVA-zRIYR0wPGNTgIFgpB-e) worked for me last year, the Deadeye traits can be swapped out for something else if you don't have the elite spec, all it's doing for the build is stacking quickness which boosts your power/precision from marking your targets as you run around.

> > Eagles can also be swapped out if you have a preferred Rune-set, i prefer it over Scholar because it's a consistent damage boost rather that relying on your health being above 90%.

>

> Dude, why would you play full berseker in Lab farm? It's selfish killing everything for yourself. It's all about tagging, not killing.

> Oh, and you should probably take Deadly Aim if you play p/p. Pierce. This trait has been reworked couple months ago.

Because there's isn't a shortage of instances that can be created. And if you wanna farm at your own pace to your own flow you can too. Mind you there's thieves builds that can farm bags faster than tag-n-zerg methods.

> @"Antycypator.9874" said:

> > @"Parasite.5389" said:

> > [This](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PagAoqlZw0YYsI2IO6L6PVA-zRIYR0wPGNTgIFgpB-e) worked for me last year, the Deadeye traits can be swapped out for something else if you don't have the elite spec, all it's doing for the build is stacking quickness which boosts your power/precision from marking your targets as you run around.

> > Eagles can also be swapped out if you have a preferred Rune-set, i prefer it over Scholar because it's a consistent damage boost rather that relying on your health being above 90%.

>

> Dude, why would you play full berseker in Lab farm? It's selfish killing everything for yourself. It's all about tagging, not killing.

> Oh, and you should probably take Deadly Aim if you play p/p. Pierce. This trait has been reworked couple months ago.

i normally just run laps around a small area and keep out of peoples way, or find myself in an empty instance, as for deadly aim, i used to run it, but didn't like the damage decrease, so i use Collateral damage and shadowflare to hit multiple targets.

You'll be running in a big group usually so all you really need to worry about is Tagging.

So for a weapon the obvious choice is Shortbow. Armor and Trinkets, you want to do little damage to give everyone a chance to tag so it doesn't really matter, maybe invest in vitality/toughness over anything else incase Steve wants to pay you a visit.

After that just pick some Skills, Sigils and runes you think would help. I'm personally going with sigil of fire for more tagging and sigil of speed on shortbow and for skills probably shadow step to catch up to the group if I fall behind and dagger storm for more tagging.