Serious question about WvW Warrior

Telgum.6071

Be me, playing Warrior because is my favorite class.

Playing the [next build](https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Spellbreaker_-_Magebane_Roamer) because I don't have fun going full support

I start fighting against an Engineer.

Invulnerable

Invulnerable

Invulnerable

He just stands there with the flamethrower on, pointing at me.

I eventually die because my CC isn't working and he mitigates all my damage.

What I'm supposed to do?

If they are invulnerable they are doing no damage because they're in Elixir S.

Flamethrower actually doesn't do as much damage as grenades, bomb kit, or mortar kit generally because only flame blast (flamethrower #2 skill) counts as an explosion which means there's little to no outgoing vulnerability.

If CC isn't working then they're running Juggernaut which pulses might and stability in flamethrower kit. That means it's a firearms traitline which is mostly for condition type builds and flamethrower only applies burning on the final hit of each auto chain. Keep in mind that the firearms traitline still requires critical hits to proc bleeding.

If the damage is mostly from burning you should weaponswap often to get the condi clear from Brawler's Recovery. If it's power then they probably don't do as much damage to you due to the durability rune on your build.

If you're not hitting for much damage it is highly likely that the build being run is full dire or some other scrapper condi tank build with 2800+ armor level. In that case, it's probably not worth even bothering to fight it because even if you were to win it would take ages to down.

The stability from juggernaut applies in a 3 sec Interval. You can bite throug by using 2 cc skills one after the other. You might want to start by dodgeroll onto the engi to clear blind with reckless dodge.

Because you play spb your first cc could come from full counter and dagger burst removes boons too. With luck or if the engi doesnt have too many boons you can strip stab with that as well.

Just watch the boons on the engi the way the trait works in reality is that there is a brief time where there arw 2 Stacks of stab. Dont chosse that moment xd.

Right after is the best moment.

Btw the only way for an engi to be invulnerable and using flamethrower at the same time (as far as I am aware) would be at spawn.

Dont chase to spawn.

There are some strong FT scrappers in WvW, and not all of them run Juggernaut. He probably was running full Zerker or Marauder stats and was relying on large amounts of barrier as well. As a warrior with that build, yeah, use the FT AA to proc Full Counter then Dagger 3 or Shield 4. Dagger F1 should rip boons for you as well. Try using a sigil of celerity on the Dagger/Shield set so that when you do CC them you'll have some extra quickness to burst them down faster.

The alternative is to swap into Tactics (swap out either Strength or Spellbreaker, run Axe/Shield if you swap Spellbreaker), take Warrior's Cunning, and out DPS them. WC in WvW is still a +50% damage modifier versus barrier. Also remember that FT does not shoot up or down inclines AT ALL, so use terrain to your advantage.

A VERY non meta way to deal with them would be to take "Fear Me!" so that when you negate a single stack of stability you can immediately CC them. Break Enchantments will also remove several boons for you. In fact with the build you linked swap out a sigil in the D/Sh set for celerity and swap Frenzy for Break Enchantments. Wait for the scrapper to be animation locked then use BE -> FC -> DPS. If you find that combo works for you try swapping the dagger out for Axe.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> If they are invulnerable they are doing no damage because they're in Elixir S.

> Flamethrower actually doesn't do as much damage as grenades, bomb kit, or mortar kit generally because only flame blast (flamethrower #2 skill) counts as an explosion which means there's little to no outgoing vulnerability.

>

> If CC isn't working then they're running Juggernaut which pulses might and stability in flamethrower kit. That means it's a firearms traitline which is mostly for condition type builds and flamethrower only applies burning on the final hit of each auto chain. Keep in mind that the firearms traitline still requires critical hits to proc bleeding.

>

> If the damage is mostly from burning you should weaponswap often to get the condi clear from Brawler's Recovery. If it's power then they probably don't do as much damage to you due to the durability rune on your build.

>

> If you're not hitting for much damage it is highly likely that the build being run is full dire or some other scrapper condi tank build with 2800+ armor level. In that case, it's probably not worth even bothering to fight it because even if you were to win it would take ages to down.

Flamethrower doesnt do much damage eh?

> @"Telgum.6071" said:

> Be me, playing Warrior because is my favorite class.

> I start fighting against an Engineer.

> What I'm supposed to do?

noting., just play. You can no worry. Take any class and any buld what you want, and play . You a welcome in any pug wvw blob anyway.