How blindness work on bosses?

I assume the icon is greyed out on the boss right?

I'm pretty sure that any boss with a break bar will have a number of conditions greyed out when they get cast on them.

Specifically Blind, Chill, Weakness, Immobilise, Cripple and Slow are the conditions that do this.

What it means as far as I can tell is that the boss is immune to the effects of these conditions.. however the conditions still exist on the boss in order for you to trigger other effects from traits etc.

For example Rangers have a trait called Predator's Onslaught that allows them to do 15% extra damage to disabled and movement impaired enemies.

Specifically this triggers when an enemy is Stunned, Dazed, Taunted, Feared, Immobilised, Crippled or Chilled.

Since these bosses can't be Stunned, Dazed, Taunted, Feared, Immobilised, Crippled or Chilled like normal enemies can it would make the trait utterly useless against them with exception to the short stun effect they suffer when their Break Bar is broken.

Traits like this however should still activate against bosses if they have one of the required conditions greyed out on them.

So even if the boss isn't suffering from the effects of Chill or Cripple, Rangers should still get their 15% damage increase if the boss has those conditions on him.

The conditions themselves also contribute a small bit of damage to the enemy's Break Bar as well while they are on the target.

So while you can't blind the last boss of HoTw, all the blinds you cast on him will do some damage to any active Break Bar's he will have up at that time.

Likewise any Traits you may have that gives you benefits when fighting an enemy that is blinded should also trigger even though the boss won't suffer the blind effect.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> I assume the icon is greyed out on the boss right?

>

> I'm pretty sure that any boss with a break bar will have a number of conditions greyed out when they get cast on them.

> Specifically Blind, Chill, Weakness, Immobilise, Cripple and Slow are the conditions that do this.

>

> What it means as far as I can tell is that the boss is immune to the effects of these conditions.. however the conditions still exist on the boss in order for you to trigger other effects from traits etc.

>

> For example Rangers have a trait called Predator's Onslaught that allows them to do 15% extra damage to disabled and movement impaired enemies.

> Specifically this triggers when an enemy is Stunned, Dazed, Taunted, Feared, Immobilised, Crippled or Chilled.

>

> Since these bosses can't be Stunned, Dazed, Taunted, Feared, Immobilised, Crippled or Chilled like normal enemies can it would make the trait utterly useless against them with exception to the short stun effect they suffer when their Break Bar is broken.

> Traits like this however should still activate against bosses if they have one of the required conditions greyed out on them.

> So even if the boss isn't suffering from the effects of Chill or Cripple, Rangers should still get their 15% damage increase if the boss has those conditions on him.

> The conditions themselves also contribute a small bit of damage to the enemy's Break Bar as well while they are on the target.

>

> So while you can't blind the last boss of HoTw, all the blinds you cast on him will do some damage to any active Break Bar's he will have up at that time.

> Likewise any Traits you may have that gives you benefits when fighting an enemy that is blinded should also trigger even though the boss won't suffer the blind effect.

Tyvm for your detailed answer

But, like you said, it shouldn't work on any boss with a defiance bar.

I'm probably missing something on kulag cuz sometimes and can't kill it without taking a single hit. I'm not perma blind it, but only its aoe attack, gotta pay more attention to blindness icon on it

Targets with a defiance bar are immune to cc, but their defiance bar will be damaged when cc is applied to them.

Blind deals 20 damage to the defiance bar.

Ineffective cc conditions (blind, immob, cripple, chill etc.) are normally applied (as there are synergies that are still meant to work, e.g. reaper deals 15% more damage to chilled targets), but greyed out to highlight that there is a special mechanic going on.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiance_bar

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kulag_the_Fallen

In dungeons, it's a coinflip whether cc effects will work on bosses, will cause breakbar damage, or just be flat out immune to that specific form of cc (no cc effect or breakbar damage).

I'm not sure if anyone who doesn't dedicate themselves to that dungeon could tell you which is the case, and it can vary boss by boss.

Blind should be a soft cc, and should eat at the bosses breakbar. But since dungeons are a buggy mess, who knows what is going on?

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> In dungeons, it's a coinflip whether cc effects will work on bosses, will cause breakbar damage, or just be flat out immune to that specific form of cc (no cc effect or breakbar damage).

>

> I'm not sure if anyone who doesn't dedicate themselves to that dungeon could tell you which is the case, and it can vary boss by boss.

>

> Blind should be a soft cc, and should eat at the bosses breakbar. But since dungeons are a buggy mess, who knows what is going on?

non-boss dungeon mobs can also be immune to specific or all CCs without any indication that they are immune

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiance_bar

Blind does dot to the defiance bar, though the boss is immune to the soft cc, most bosses will be stunned when they take enough damage from soft cc and hard cc and take increased damage.

Some bosses are simply immune to all cc, though they can still have soft cc effects on them (ex. Fear so terror can damage them)