translation into portuguese

tlansot.1942

Too bad people make fun of this request in a way that is unapropiate.

There are 202.000.000 people speaking Portuguese around the world as their main language. There are 150.000.000 people speaking Russian as their main language.

The reason is called Brazil. They speak Portuguese there.

So without making fun of the request and react to it. It is unlikely.

The first reason is that it is very hard to add another language. They need to track each and every line spoken in game and make recordings in 10 voices for the main characters and additional voices for the npc's. The current languages where done on the road, but it takes a lot of time to add another one.

The second reason is not the amount of people speaking the language, but the economic value. The investment to create it would not be profitable enough

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> Too bad people make fun of this request in a way that is unapropiate.

> There are 202.000.000 people speaking Portuguese around the world as their main language. There are 150.000.000 people speaking Russian as their main language.

>

> The reason is called Brazil. They speak Portuguese there.

>

> So without making fun of the request and react to it. It is unlikely.

> The first reason is that it is very hard to add another language. They need to track each and every line spoken in game and make recordings in 10 voices for the main characters and additional voices for the npc's. The current languages where done on the road, but it takes a lot of time to add another one.

>

> The second reason is not the amount of people speaking the language, but the economic value. The investment to create it would not be profitable enough

The third reason is the inability to monitor it in-game.

I think he meant only text translation to Portuguese, it's half the work (no need to record voices and stuff), but it's still a crap ton of work, given how big this game is now.

Best they could do is allow the brazilian, russian, arabic, etc, communities to translate the game, i know in ESO online the Brazilian community is making the portuguese translation, still ongoing, but it's something.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > Too bad people make fun of this request in a way that is unapropiate.

> > There are 202.000.000 people speaking Portuguese around the world as their main language. There are 150.000.000 people speaking Russian as their main language.

> >

> > The reason is called Brazil. They speak Portuguese there.

> >

> > So without making fun of the request and react to it. It is unlikely.

> > The first reason is that it is very hard to add another language. They need to track each and every line spoken in game and make recordings in 10 voices for the main characters and additional voices for the npc's. The current languages where done on the road, but it takes a lot of time to add another one.

> >

> > The second reason is not the amount of people speaking the language, but the economic value. The investment to create it would not be profitable enough

>

> The third reason is the inability to monitor it in-game.

That is currently allready an issue. I am Dutch and there are enough Dutch speaking player using Dutch in chat or characternames. I bet Google translate is supports friend as I have reported faul dutch language and action was taken.

> @"yoni.7015" said:

> Just play the game in English. It’s 2020, everyone should know english good enough to play a video game.

I know it feels like this and if you're lucky and got the education to have a sound understanding of a foreign laguage "Just play in english, it's easy" might seem like it's the solution. Then again there's [this little piece of human history](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_imperialism). Also people like to hear/read their native language and usually feel more comfortable with it so I totally get what the OPs wants/needs.