> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not?

> > > > > > OP:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > > > > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So... not sure about that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Seems to me several people have specifically mentioned the issue of aggro range. I'd be one of them. Difficulty is not remotely a problem for me. Aggro range in PoF is still annoying to me.

> > > >

> > > > I was under the impression that aggro range impacts difficulty and it's related to players gaining mounts, their speed +abilities. Apparently, for some reason, some people try to claim that mounts don't matter or w/e. If it's not difficult (and I already said above that I agree- it's not. And that's partially the point), then clear the mob/s and move on.

> > >

> > > Not everyone finds moving past trash mobs on a mount challenging.

> >

> > Yup, but I'm answering to what I see in this thread and this thread was about pof mob difficulty.

> >

> > Also this is what you initially wrote:

> > > PoF mob density is no worse than HoT. However, the aggro range on many PoF/LS4 mobs is far longer. **The overall effect is that moving around without being harassed by every mob within a square mile of your position is significantly more difficult in these later maps.** Personally, I can't stand it. I find it really irritating and wish they'd reduce the aggro range to the way it was in HoT.

> >

> > And for me it would be pretty weird to pretend having mounts is irrelevant here. So I don't.

>

> Mounts are very relevant. But not for the reasons you seem to think. I don't want to talk another circle though. Agree to disagree.

I think maybe you just don't exactly understand what I'm saying. Mounts make it super easy to zoom past enemies, dismount and do whatever you wanted to do (open the chest, gather, slap a single mob once, *whatever it is* -not realy important). At this point if you don't need to clear some mobs to re-mount (and saying you need to clear some huge area every time you dismount is just a lie btw), then you basically don't want to interact with mobs/game as it's made to be interacted within its genre of being mmorpg. Zooming past the mobs isn't problematic for you, so if you don't need to do anything to re-mount, mounts just make up for all the ""gameplay"" (or rather avoiding it). The moment you seem to be complaining about is the exact moment that is perfect for the player interaction with the game and mobs. The mounts also let you easier engage groups of mobs and prepare them for some good ol' cleaving.

So yup, I think it's reasonable and mounts added a lot of power to justify aggro range increase. People that claim it's "all of pof" when I ask which areas they're talking about just solidify me about this complaint being mostly artificial and being made in the bad faith of easly avoiding any gameplay where it shouldn't be avoided.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's not?

> > > > > > > OP:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > > > > > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So... not sure about that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Seems to me several people have specifically mentioned the issue of aggro range. I'd be one of them. Difficulty is not remotely a problem for me. Aggro range in PoF is still annoying to me.

> > > > >

> > > > > I was under the impression that aggro range impacts difficulty and it's related to players gaining mounts, their speed +abilities. Apparently, for some reason, some people try to claim that mounts don't matter or w/e. If it's not difficult (and I already said above that I agree- it's not. And that's partially the point), then clear the mob/s and move on.

> > > >

> > > > Not everyone finds moving past trash mobs on a mount challenging.

> > >

> > > Yup, but I'm answering to what I see in this thread and this thread was about pof mob difficulty.

> > >

> > > Also this is what you initially wrote:

> > > > PoF mob density is no worse than HoT. However, the aggro range on many PoF/LS4 mobs is far longer. **The overall effect is that moving around without being harassed by every mob within a square mile of your position is significantly more difficult in these later maps.** Personally, I can't stand it. I find it really irritating and wish they'd reduce the aggro range to the way it was in HoT.

> > >

> > > And for me it would be pretty weird to pretend having mounts is irrelevant here. So I don't.

> >

> > Mounts are very relevant. But not for the reasons you seem to think. I don't want to talk another circle though. Agree to disagree.

>

> I think maybe you just don't exactly understand what I'm saying. Mounts make it super easy to zoom past enemies, dismount and do whatever you wanted to do (open the chest, gather, slap a single mob once, *whatever it is* -not realy important). At this point if you don't need to clear some mobs to re-mount (and saying you need to clear some huge area every time you dismount is just a lie btw), then you basically don't want to interact with mobs/game as it's made to be interacted within its genre of being mmorpg. Zooming past the mobs isn't problematic for you, so if you don't need to do anything to re-mount, mounts just make up for all the ""gameplay"" (or rather avoiding it). The moment you seem to be complaining about is the exact moment that is perfect for the player interaction with the game and mobs. The mounts also let you easier engage groups of mobs and prepare them for some good ol' cleaving.

>

> So yup, I think it's reasonable and mounts added a lot of power to justify aggro range increase. People that claim it's "all of pof" when I ask which areas they're talking about just solidify me about this complaint being mostly artificial and being made in the bad faith of easly avoiding any gameplay where it shouldn't be avoided.

Glad you determined how I view things for me. Seems you don't require any further input from me. Congrats, bud. You won the internet!

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's not?

> > > > > > > > OP:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > > > > > > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So... not sure about that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Seems to me several people have specifically mentioned the issue of aggro range. I'd be one of them. Difficulty is not remotely a problem for me. Aggro range in PoF is still annoying to me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was under the impression that aggro range impacts difficulty and it's related to players gaining mounts, their speed +abilities. Apparently, for some reason, some people try to claim that mounts don't matter or w/e. If it's not difficult (and I already said above that I agree- it's not. And that's partially the point), then clear the mob/s and move on.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not everyone finds moving past trash mobs on a mount challenging.

> > > >

> > > > Yup, but I'm answering to what I see in this thread and this thread was about pof mob difficulty.

> > > >

> > > > Also this is what you initially wrote:

> > > > > PoF mob density is no worse than HoT. However, the aggro range on many PoF/LS4 mobs is far longer. **The overall effect is that moving around without being harassed by every mob within a square mile of your position is significantly more difficult in these later maps.** Personally, I can't stand it. I find it really irritating and wish they'd reduce the aggro range to the way it was in HoT.

> > > >

> > > > And for me it would be pretty weird to pretend having mounts is irrelevant here. So I don't.

> > >

> > > Mounts are very relevant. But not for the reasons you seem to think. I don't want to talk another circle though. Agree to disagree.

> >

> > I think maybe you just don't exactly understand what I'm saying. Mounts make it super easy to zoom past enemies, dismount and do whatever you wanted to do (open the chest, gather, slap a single mob once, *whatever it is* -not realy important). At this point if you don't need to clear some mobs to re-mount (and saying you need to clear some huge area every time you dismount is just a lie btw), then you basically don't want to interact with mobs/game as it's made to be interacted within its genre of being mmorpg. Zooming past the mobs isn't problematic for you, so if you don't need to do anything to re-mount, mounts just make up for all the ""gameplay"" (or rather avoiding it). The moment you seem to be complaining about is the exact moment that is perfect for the player interaction with the game and mobs. The mounts also let you easier engage groups of mobs and prepare them for some good ol' cleaving.

> >

> > So yup, I think it's reasonable and mounts added a lot of power to justify aggro range increase. People that claim it's "all of pof" when I ask which areas they're talking about just solidify me about this complaint being mostly artificial and being made in the bad faith of easly avoiding any gameplay where it shouldn't be avoided.

>

> Glad you determined how I view things for me. Seems you don't require any further input from me. Congrats, bud. You won the internet!

Sure, don't forget to never answer to anything I write or you might need to admit what I said is correct, good job :)

And that's such ironically great response right after you wrote ["Mounts are very relevant. **But not for the reasons you seem to think.**"](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1383190/#Comment_1383190) I've literally used the exact same form you did in that post, so I guess we'll have to share the trophy.

> @"battledrone.8315" said:

> this isnt casual, it is just annoying.

I very rarely agree with anything you say, but I _do_ very much agree with you on this. PoF open world is certainly not difficult, but it's a _chore_. To me, "casual" isn't just about how difficult the mobs are, but how free you are to wander around a game environment without being maximally efficient at combat. You can still get around PoF without being that great at GW2 combat, but your ability to enjoy the spectacle and scale of the maps essentially drops to 0.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > > > --snip --

> > > For me, it's not a condi-cleanse issue. I can defeat a mob but the game considers me to still be "in combat" so I can't mount, SB can't swap pets, other professions can't swap weapons, etc... Players end up having to travel a significant distance from the encounter before they are no longer locked in combat... but then are subjected to the vast aggro range of other mobs or if they remain in-place and wait for the "timer" to let them out of combat, the mob re-spawns.

> > >

> >

> > If we understand how we interact with the game world, or how it interacts with us, then we can plan for those eventualities.

> >

> > If you are in combat, then there must be a reason. Is there an enemy attacking you? Is there a condi on you? Is there a ground aoe you are in or close? Did you just take fall damage? There are many more questions one can ask about the game state they are in, and exploring those questions will help with understanding the game and having confidence in entering any situation that may arise.

> >

> > Personally, I haven't had the same game experience that some have raised here. Occasionally I get stuck in a situation I can't just escape, but occasionally, not always. If the same sticky situation happens to me reliably, then I have learned to expect it, and adjust my gameplay when applicable.

> >

> >

>

> Nope. The in-combat session just lingers much longer than in other zones. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to have experienced it. /shrug

Yes!

And: a lot of the time I can't see which mob is aggro'd so I can kill it. Also, mobs aggro'ing on a higher level that assumes I would use a mount to get up there. I can't mount to attack (because in combat). Which leaves me to:

1. jump off the place and glide until I'm out of combat. This assumes I can jump off and glide. Also, using stealth gliding often doesn't remove me out of combat (e.g. DWC and the portal activities)

2. run on foot to get away, and then aggro another set of mobs because I can't wp as I am in combat.

I have noticed a time delay between when the debuffs tick off and I can mount/wp again. This is super annoying.

> @"zistenz.1945" said:

> But I think this sub-thread starts to divert from the original suggestion.

You are right about that, but you said you were having issues on your Soulbeast.

> When I stop for something on the map (gathering, vista, etc.), usually two screenplays happen: With my soulbeast it's often a long and painful hassle until I clear everything that aggroed on me (and I pray I don't attract any more enemies nearby). When I bring in my reaper, I just mow them down fast and jump up to my mount.

Since I've never experienced any kind of hassle on my Soulbeast and I kill anything, including Veteran mobs, really fast, I provided some build options that I use.

You also said you are using the meta Soulbeast build:

> Then meta sb condi builds aren't meta anymore? Or maybe it is really a l2p issue... :shrugs:

Yet later you posted that you are not using the actual meta build you posted the link to. You use different stats (Carrion instead of Viper), different sigils (Sigil of Battle instead of Earth/Bursting), different utility skills (Moa Stance instead of Vulture)

I don't use the exact meta build either, I made many changes, but in my case it works because I kill mobs so fast, your changes apparently don't work since you are having problems.

Get gud!

But for real, expansions should, in my opinion, try to push the limits of the players, making them master the skills since they are end game content.

If you are having trouble and you don't want to lfg for someone to help you you can always review your build. If you don't like to copy one from the meta just go check one out and figure out what works there and what you would need to implement in yours.

For myself I found that it was too hard for me to stay alive with a berserker set while in those new maps when I was alone, so I switched to soldier and edited my build for a little more survival, with skills that would make me more mobile to get out of a hard situation.

Trust me, this is a new interesting level to the game and once you'll grasp it you will fine that you can do much harder stuff like a pro.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > @"sitarskee.5738" said:

> > > I don't see it as a problem especially having mounts.

> >

> > when you have to clear the same mobs over and over to get mounted again, then it just becomes a chore. and they will aggro so far away, and bring all their buddies too.

>

> Which spots are so problematic for you?

pretty much all of the pof maps, you cant even go afk in a village without getting attacked. and dont get me started on the quests...

i cant even be bothered to unlock the final elites, not worth the effort and time. never maxed the mounts either.

> @"Aplethoraof.2643" said:

> I really hope they make the open world mobs harder - I find HoT mobs (which are harder than PoFs by far) to be easy to kill, as long as I am paying attention to them.

>

> I honestly don't see the appeal of easy open world mobs. You have Core Tyria for that. Core Tyria is there to each you how to play. Once you know how to play, you should have absolutely no issues with HoT and PoF.

>

> Yeah, if you don't pay attention - you'll die. Yeah, if you just try to breeze through and end up aggroing a bunch of mobs - you'll die. That is good. What is the point of even playing the game if it doesn't make you earn victory in a fight. What is the point of playing if you can just zoom through on cruise control without a care in the world? If the game doesn't engage you, isn't that a kitten game?

>

> I want GW2 to engage me. PoF and HoT do just that. They could start to be harder. . .but at-least they do engage the player. They don't just leave you going through the motions. Why would any gamer want that? That just seems. . .boring. Which is the worst thing a video game can do.

>

> If you do have trouble with them and want to improve. . .hit me up in game. Send me some mail. Tell me what your favourite profession is (the one you play as). I'll try and make you a build, I'll show you how to dodge enemies. No profession - given a semi-decent player with an attention span and a willingness to try to play well - will have trouble in the open world.

>

> Why ask the game to sink down to below mediocrity - instead of rising up to meet the game at its level? That just seems. . .insane.

>

> There is a genre if you have moods where you just want to zone out and click something mindless to watch numbers go up. . .clickers.

> Well, clickers and Core Tyria's Pre-Orr open world, anyway.

did it ever occur to you, that most people bought the expansions , because they LIKED the core game, and wanted more of THAT experience?

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's not?

> > > > > > > OP:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > > > > > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So... not sure about that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Seems to me several people have specifically mentioned the issue of aggro range. I'd be one of them. Difficulty is not remotely a problem for me. Aggro range in PoF is still annoying to me.

> > > > >

> > > > > I was under the impression that aggro range impacts difficulty and it's related to players gaining mounts, their speed +abilities. Apparently, for some reason, some people try to claim that mounts don't matter or w/e. If it's not difficult (and I already said above that I agree- it's not. And that's partially the point), then clear the mob/s and move on.

> > > >

> > > > Not everyone finds moving past trash mobs on a mount challenging.

> > >

> > > Yup, but I'm answering to what I see in this thread and this thread was about pof mob difficulty.

> > >

> > > Also this is what you initially wrote:

> > > > PoF mob density is no worse than HoT. However, the aggro range on many PoF/LS4 mobs is far longer. **The overall effect is that moving around without being harassed by every mob within a square mile of your position is significantly more difficult in these later maps.** Personally, I can't stand it. I find it really irritating and wish they'd reduce the aggro range to the way it was in HoT.

> > >

> > > And for me it would be pretty weird to pretend having mounts is irrelevant here. So I don't.

> >

> > Mounts are very relevant. But not for the reasons you seem to think. I don't want to talk another circle though. Agree to disagree.

>

> I think maybe you just don't exactly understand what I'm saying. Mounts make it super easy to zoom past enemies, dismount and do whatever you wanted to do (open the chest, gather, slap a single mob once, *whatever it is* -not realy important). At this point if you don't need to clear some mobs to re-mount (and saying you need to clear some huge area every time you dismount is just a lie btw), then you basically don't want to interact with mobs/game as it's made to be interacted within its genre of being mmorpg. Zooming past the mobs isn't problematic for you, so if you don't need to do anything to re-mount, mounts just make up for all the ""gameplay"" (or rather avoiding it). The moment you seem to be complaining about is the exact moment that is perfect for the player interaction with the game and mobs. The mounts also let you easier engage groups of mobs and prepare them for some good ol' cleaving.

>

> So yup, I think it's reasonable and mounts added a lot of power to justify aggro range increase. People that claim it's "all of pof" when I ask which areas they're talking about just solidify me about this complaint being mostly artificial and being made in the bad faith of easly avoiding any gameplay where it shouldn't be avoided.

and what does the skyscale do? i guess that has to go, then. mesmer teleports lets the players AVOID game play too...

and all the teleport nodes. and the portal tome. BURN IT ALL!!!

> @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

>

> > this isnt casual, it is just annoying.

>

> I very rarely agree with anything you say, but I _do_ very much agree with you on this. PoF open world is certainly not difficult, but it's a _chore_. To me, "casual" isn't just about how difficult the mobs are, but how free you are to wander around a game environment without being maximally efficient at combat. You can still get around PoF without being that great at GW2 combat, but your ability to enjoy the spectacle and scale of the maps essentially drops to 0.

>

yep, this paid expansion felt like a F2P title. i know it was cheap, but come on...

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > > > > --snip --

> > > > For me, it's not a condi-cleanse issue. I can defeat a mob but the game considers me to still be "in combat" so I can't mount, SB can't swap pets, other professions can't swap weapons, etc... Players end up having to travel a significant distance from the encounter before they are no longer locked in combat... but then are subjected to the vast aggro range of other mobs or if they remain in-place and wait for the "timer" to let them out of combat, the mob re-spawns.

> > > >

> > >

> > > If we understand how we interact with the game world, or how it interacts with us, then we can plan for those eventualities.

> > >

> > > If you are in combat, then there must be a reason. Is there an enemy attacking you? Is there a condi on you? Is there a ground aoe you are in or close? Did you just take fall damage? There are many more questions one can ask about the game state they are in, and exploring those questions will help with understanding the game and having confidence in entering any situation that may arise.

> > >

> > > Personally, I haven't had the same game experience that some have raised here. Occasionally I get stuck in a situation I can't just escape, but occasionally, not always. If the same sticky situation happens to me reliably, then I have learned to expect it, and adjust my gameplay when applicable.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Nope. The in-combat session just lingers much longer than in other zones. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to have experienced it. /shrug

>

> Yes!

>

> And: **a lot of the time I can't see which mob is aggro'd so I can kill it.** Also, mobs aggro'ing on a higher level that assumes I would use a mount to get up there. I can't mount to attack (because in combat). Which leaves me to:

> 1. jump off the place and glide until I'm out of combat. This assumes I can jump off and glide. Also, using stealth gliding often doesn't remove me out of combat (e.g. DWC and the portal activities)

> 2. run on foot to get away, and then aggro another set of mobs because I can't wp as I am in combat.

>

> I have noticed a time delay between when the debuffs tick off and I can mount/wp again. This is super annoying.

It's that one stupid little sand lion cub running away from you with the invulnerable buff on it because you somehow just barely kited out of its aggro range.

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's not?

> > > > > > > > OP:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > > > > > > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So... not sure about that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Seems to me several people have specifically mentioned the issue of aggro range. I'd be one of them. Difficulty is not remotely a problem for me. Aggro range in PoF is still annoying to me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was under the impression that aggro range impacts difficulty and it's related to players gaining mounts, their speed +abilities. Apparently, for some reason, some people try to claim that mounts don't matter or w/e. If it's not difficult (and I already said above that I agree- it's not. And that's partially the point), then clear the mob/s and move on.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not everyone finds moving past trash mobs on a mount challenging.

> > > >

> > > > Yup, but I'm answering to what I see in this thread and this thread was about pof mob difficulty.

> > > >

> > > > Also this is what you initially wrote:

> > > > > PoF mob density is no worse than HoT. However, the aggro range on many PoF/LS4 mobs is far longer. **The overall effect is that moving around without being harassed by every mob within a square mile of your position is significantly more difficult in these later maps.** Personally, I can't stand it. I find it really irritating and wish they'd reduce the aggro range to the way it was in HoT.

> > > >

> > > > And for me it would be pretty weird to pretend having mounts is irrelevant here. So I don't.

> > >

> > > Mounts are very relevant. But not for the reasons you seem to think. I don't want to talk another circle though. Agree to disagree.

> >

> > I think maybe you just don't exactly understand what I'm saying. Mounts make it super easy to zoom past enemies, dismount and do whatever you wanted to do (open the chest, gather, slap a single mob once, *whatever it is* -not realy important). At this point if you don't need to clear some mobs to re-mount (and saying you need to clear some huge area every time you dismount is just a lie btw), then you basically don't want to interact with mobs/game as it's made to be interacted within its genre of being mmorpg. Zooming past the mobs isn't problematic for you, so if you don't need to do anything to re-mount, mounts just make up for all the ""gameplay"" (or rather avoiding it). The moment you seem to be complaining about is the exact moment that is perfect for the player interaction with the game and mobs. The mounts also let you easier engage groups of mobs and prepare them for some good ol' cleaving.

> >

> > So yup, I think it's reasonable and mounts added a lot of power to justify aggro range increase. People that claim it's "all of pof" when I ask which areas they're talking about just solidify me about this complaint being mostly artificial and being made in the bad faith of easly avoiding any gameplay where it shouldn't be avoided.

>

> and what does the skyscale do?

The same thing other mounts do with their speed/dodges/stealth, which means it changes nothing about what I've said. Did you even read the post you're answering to? Do you want me to highlight the point you're apparently still missing even though I've spelled it out?

>mesmer teleports lets the players AVOID game play too...

Yup, but for the "price" of mesmer needing to do the work to help the ones needing help. In the same manner you can group with a player to help you clear the mob/s, right? Right. (which shouldn't be a problem even solo, but oh well)

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's not?

> > > > > > > > > OP:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > > > > > > > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So... not sure about that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Seems to me several people have specifically mentioned the issue of aggro range. I'd be one of them. Difficulty is not remotely a problem for me. Aggro range in PoF is still annoying to me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I was under the impression that aggro range impacts difficulty and it's related to players gaining mounts, their speed +abilities. Apparently, for some reason, some people try to claim that mounts don't matter or w/e. If it's not difficult (and I already said above that I agree- it's not. And that's partially the point), then clear the mob/s and move on.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not everyone finds moving past trash mobs on a mount challenging.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yup, but I'm answering to what I see in this thread and this thread was about pof mob difficulty.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also this is what you initially wrote:

> > > > > > PoF mob density is no worse than HoT. However, the aggro range on many PoF/LS4 mobs is far longer. **The overall effect is that moving around without being harassed by every mob within a square mile of your position is significantly more difficult in these later maps.** Personally, I can't stand it. I find it really irritating and wish they'd reduce the aggro range to the way it was in HoT.

> > > > >

> > > > > And for me it would be pretty weird to pretend having mounts is irrelevant here. So I don't.

> > > >

> > > > Mounts are very relevant. But not for the reasons you seem to think. I don't want to talk another circle though. Agree to disagree.

> > >

> > > I think maybe you just don't exactly understand what I'm saying. Mounts make it super easy to zoom past enemies, dismount and do whatever you wanted to do (open the chest, gather, slap a single mob once, *whatever it is* -not realy important). At this point if you don't need to clear some mobs to re-mount (and saying you need to clear some huge area every time you dismount is just a lie btw), then you basically don't want to interact with mobs/game as it's made to be interacted within its genre of being mmorpg. Zooming past the mobs isn't problematic for you, so if you don't need to do anything to re-mount, mounts just make up for all the ""gameplay"" (or rather avoiding it). The moment you seem to be complaining about is the exact moment that is perfect for the player interaction with the game and mobs. The mounts also let you easier engage groups of mobs and prepare them for some good ol' cleaving.

> > >

> > > So yup, I think it's reasonable and mounts added a lot of power to justify aggro range increase. People that claim it's "all of pof" when I ask which areas they're talking about just solidify me about this complaint being mostly artificial and being made in the bad faith of easly avoiding any gameplay where it shouldn't be avoided.

> >

> > and what does the skyscale do?

>

> The same thing other mounts do with their speed/dodges/stealth, which means it changes nothing about what I've said. Did you even read the post you're answering to? Do you want me to highlight the point you're apparently still missing even though I've spelled it out?

>

> >mesmer teleports lets the players AVOID game play too...

>

> Yup, but for the "price" of mesmer needing to do the work to help the ones needing help. In the same manner you can group with a player to help you clear the mob/s, right? Right. (which shouldn't be a problem even solo, but oh well)

lol, skyscale lets players avoid mobs completely. and if it does the same, then it should COST the same too, right?

yes, i can pay a mesmer to do all the JPs for me, avoiding both the PURPOSE of the content, and content itself.

but they have no qualms turning off the mounts at JPs. mounts, that is the very FOUNDATION of the whole xpac.

they have literally negated the whole reason to play. why bother earning something, if they just take it away on a whim?

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> PoF mob density is no worse than HoT. However, the aggro range on many PoF/LS4 mobs is far longer. The overall effect is that moving around without being harassed by every mob within a square mile of your position is significantly more difficult in these later maps. Personally, I can't stand it. I find it really irritating and wish they'd reduce the aggro range to the way it was in HoT.

Yes, it needs a nerf. Those zones don't get enough mass traction through meta events for mobs to operate that way & they need to be made more solo friendly.

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > > > > --snip --

> > > > For me, it's not a condi-cleanse issue. I can defeat a mob but the game considers me to still be "in combat" so I can't mount, SB can't swap pets, other professions can't swap weapons, etc... Players end up having to travel a significant distance from the encounter before they are no longer locked in combat... but then are subjected to the vast aggro range of other mobs or if they remain in-place and wait for the "timer" to let them out of combat, the mob re-spawns.

> > > >

> > >

> > > If we understand how we interact with the game world, or how it interacts with us, then we can plan for those eventualities.

> > >

> > > If you are in combat, then there must be a reason. Is there an enemy attacking you? Is there a condi on you? Is there a ground aoe you are in or close? Did you just take fall damage? There are many more questions one can ask about the game state they are in, and exploring those questions will help with understanding the game and having confidence in entering any situation that may arise.

> > >

> > > Personally, I haven't had the same game experience that some have raised here. Occasionally I get stuck in a situation I can't just escape, but occasionally, not always. If the same sticky situation happens to me reliably, then I have learned to expect it, and adjust my gameplay when applicable.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Nope. The in-combat session just lingers much longer than in other zones. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to have experienced it. /shrug

>

> Yes!

>

> And: a lot of the time I can't see which mob is aggro'd so I can kill it. Also, mobs aggro'ing on a higher level that assumes I would use a mount to get up there. I can't mount to attack (because in combat). Which leaves me to:

> 1. jump off the place and glide until I'm out of combat. This assumes I can jump off and glide. Also, using stealth gliding often doesn't remove me out of combat (e.g. DWC and the portal activities)

> 2. run on foot to get away, and then aggro another set of mobs because I can't wp as I am in combat.

>

> I have noticed a time delay between when the debuffs tick off and I can mount/wp again. This is super annoying.

The last few days I have travelled to maps in Core, HoT, PoF and each LW on different toons trying to replicate the issue being talked about here. I ran a simple test, how long does it take for me to mount from the time I killed a mob and cleared debuffs. I generally stood still as combat was ending before mounting, and repeatedly clicked my mount button until I was mounted. The fastest mounting time was about 3 clicks, the slowest was about 9. I measured my click speed using a Beats per Minute/Tap Tempo tool. I was clicking at 320 beats/clicks per minute. Meaning that my 9 click mount time was taking about 1.7 seconds. It didn't appear to matter what zone I was in, what mob I had just killed, the results were pretty much the same from mob to mob taking 0.6 seconds to 1.7 seconds to mount after combat.

Now, I was theorizing that lag would impact mount time but, I have had fairly stable latency between 70ms and 90ms. Although the PoF maps do tend to be higher than others, and I did see my latency bump into 150ms on those maps only, it doesn't appear to be significant enough based upon the testing I could do. As well, my FPS has been fairly solid at 60FPS or better, as visual latency can sometimes cause interface issues as well, but not in this test.

Would those who are having issues exiting combat say that my experience with the tests above are better, the same or worse than their own in game experience?

My thought was, as there have been complaints about PoF maps having increased latency, does that affect areas of the game like leaving combat? Games generally have a back and forth conversation from your PC to the server and back so your actions are reported to the server and responses are sent back. If there is increased lag between your sending "deathblow attack" and the server responding with "mob defeated" then your time to exit combat would naturally increase. However, from your perspective, timers are still counting down smoothly, you are moving around the game world okay, but as you are still technically in combat until you get the all clear from the game, which prevents you from mounting.

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"zistenz.1945" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"ilMasa.2546" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Ok i can understand there is a difference between core mobbs and expansion mobbs...still not to the point to ask for a nerf lol

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I didn't asked for any nerf, I'm confident in that I could manage better in PoF and my gameplay experience would be better if their aggro range would be the same as in the other zones. That's all.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Right. Some people keep thinking that this is about difficulty and it's not.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It's not?

> > > > > > > > > > OP:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Pockethole.5031" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > **TL:DR; Please, make EoD map mobs easier than in PoF. And not as numerous. Thank you.**

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > So... not sure about that.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Seems to me several people have specifically mentioned the issue of aggro range. I'd be one of them. Difficulty is not remotely a problem for me. Aggro range in PoF is still annoying to me.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I was under the impression that aggro range impacts difficulty and it's related to players gaining mounts, their speed +abilities. Apparently, for some reason, some people try to claim that mounts don't matter or w/e. If it's not difficult (and I already said above that I agree- it's not. And that's partially the point), then clear the mob/s and move on.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not everyone finds moving past trash mobs on a mount challenging.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yup, but I'm answering to what I see in this thread and this thread was about pof mob difficulty.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also this is what you initially wrote:

> > > > > > > PoF mob density is no worse than HoT. However, the aggro range on many PoF/LS4 mobs is far longer. **The overall effect is that moving around without being harassed by every mob within a square mile of your position is significantly more difficult in these later maps.** Personally, I can't stand it. I find it really irritating and wish they'd reduce the aggro range to the way it was in HoT.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And for me it would be pretty weird to pretend having mounts is irrelevant here. So I don't.

> > > > >

> > > > > Mounts are very relevant. But not for the reasons you seem to think. I don't want to talk another circle though. Agree to disagree.

> > > >

> > > > I think maybe you just don't exactly understand what I'm saying. Mounts make it super easy to zoom past enemies, dismount and do whatever you wanted to do (open the chest, gather, slap a single mob once, *whatever it is* -not realy important). At this point if you don't need to clear some mobs to re-mount (and saying you need to clear some huge area every time you dismount is just a lie btw), then you basically don't want to interact with mobs/game as it's made to be interacted within its genre of being mmorpg. Zooming past the mobs isn't problematic for you, so if you don't need to do anything to re-mount, mounts just make up for all the ""gameplay"" (or rather avoiding it). The moment you seem to be complaining about is the exact moment that is perfect for the player interaction with the game and mobs. The mounts also let you easier engage groups of mobs and prepare them for some good ol' cleaving.

> > > >

> > > > So yup, I think it's reasonable and mounts added a lot of power to justify aggro range increase. People that claim it's "all of pof" when I ask which areas they're talking about just solidify me about this complaint being mostly artificial and being made in the bad faith of easly avoiding any gameplay where it shouldn't be avoided.

> > >

> > > and what does the skyscale do?

> >

> > The same thing other mounts do with their speed/dodges/stealth, which means it changes nothing about what I've said. Did you even read the post you're answering to? Do you want me to highlight the point you're apparently still missing even though I've spelled it out?

> >

> > >mesmer teleports lets the players AVOID game play too...

> >

> > Yup, but for the "price" of mesmer needing to do the work to help the ones needing help. In the same manner you can group with a player to help you clear the mob/s, right? Right. (which shouldn't be a problem even solo, but oh well)

>

> lol, skyscale lets players avoid mobs completely. and if it does the same, then it should COST the same too, right?

[Go re-read the post you were initially answering to](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1383200/#Comment_1383200) before you continue repeating something that in no way invalidates what I wrote there. Currently it just looks like you've stopped reading at the first or second sentence and that won't really work.

> yes, i can pay a mesmer to do all the JPs for me, avoiding both the PURPOSE of the content, and content itself.

How does it change what you're answering to right now? You are involving other players into your gameplay (while playing mmorpg btw), how is this any argument for... anything really?

> but they have no qualms turning off the mounts at JPs. mounts, that is the very FOUNDATION of the whole xpac.

> they have literally negated the whole reason to play. why bother earning something, if they just take it away on a whim?

...what?

> @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > > > > > --snip --

> > > > > For me, it's not a condi-cleanse issue. I can defeat a mob but the game considers me to still be "in combat" so I can't mount, SB can't swap pets, other professions can't swap weapons, etc... Players end up having to travel a significant distance from the encounter before they are no longer locked in combat... but then are subjected to the vast aggro range of other mobs or if they remain in-place and wait for the "timer" to let them out of combat, the mob re-spawns.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > If we understand how we interact with the game world, or how it interacts with us, then we can plan for those eventualities.

> > > >

> > > > If you are in combat, then there must be a reason. Is there an enemy attacking you? Is there a condi on you? Is there a ground aoe you are in or close? Did you just take fall damage? There are many more questions one can ask about the game state they are in, and exploring those questions will help with understanding the game and having confidence in entering any situation that may arise.

> > > >

> > > > Personally, I haven't had the same game experience that some have raised here. Occasionally I get stuck in a situation I can't just escape, but occasionally, not always. If the same sticky situation happens to me reliably, then I have learned to expect it, and adjust my gameplay when applicable.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nope. The in-combat session just lingers much longer than in other zones. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to have experienced it. /shrug

> >

> > Yes!

> >

> > And: a lot of the time I can't see which mob is aggro'd so I can kill it. Also, mobs aggro'ing on a higher level that assumes I would use a mount to get up there. I can't mount to attack (because in combat). Which leaves me to:

> > 1. jump off the place and glide until I'm out of combat. This assumes I can jump off and glide. Also, using stealth gliding often doesn't remove me out of combat (e.g. DWC and the portal activities)

> > 2. run on foot to get away, and then aggro another set of mobs because I can't wp as I am in combat.

> >

> > I have noticed a time delay between when the debuffs tick off and I can mount/wp again. This is super annoying.

>

> The last few days I have travelled to maps in Core, HoT, PoF and each LW on different toons trying to replicate the issue being talked about here. I ran a simple test, how long does it take for me to mount from the time I killed a mob and cleared debuffs. I generally stood still as combat was ending before mounting, and repeatedly clicked my mount button until I was mounted. The fastest mounting time was about 3 clicks, the slowest was about 9. I measured my click speed using a Beats per Minute/Tap Tempo tool. I was clicking at 320 beats/clicks per minute. Meaning that my 9 click mount time was taking about 1.7 seconds. It didn't appear to matter what zone I was in, what mob I had just killed, the results were pretty much the same from mob to mob taking 0.6 seconds to 1.7 seconds to mount after combat.

>

> Now, I was theorizing that lag would impact mount time but, I have had fairly stable latency between 70ms and 90ms. Although the PoF maps do tend to be higher than others, and I did see my latency bump into 150ms on those maps only, it doesn't appear to be significant enough based upon the testing I could do. As well, my FPS has been fairly solid at 60FPS or better, as visual latency can sometimes cause interface issues as well, but not in this test.

>

> Would those who are having issues exiting combat say that my experience with the tests above are better, the same or worse than their own in game experience?

>

> My thought was, as there have been complaints about PoF maps having increased latency, does that affect areas of the game like leaving combat? Games generally have a back and forth conversation from your PC to the server and back so your actions are reported to the server and responses are sent back. If there is increased lag between your sending "deathblow attack" and the server responding with "mob defeated" then your time to exit combat would naturally increase. However, from your perspective, timers are still counting down smoothly, you are moving around the game world okay, but as you are still technically in combat until you get the all clear from the game, which prevents you from mounting.

>

My ping fluctuates between 250 and 280.

> @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > > --snip --

> > > > > For me, it's not a condi-cleanse issue. I can defeat a mob but the game considers me to still be "in combat" so I can't mount, SB can't swap pets, other professions can't swap weapons, etc... Players end up having to travel a significant distance from the encounter before they are no longer locked in combat... but then are subjected to the vast aggro range of other mobs or if they remain in-place and wait for the "timer" to let them out of combat, the mob re-spawns.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > If we understand how we interact with the game world, or how it interacts with us, then we can plan for those eventualities.

> > > >

> > > > If you are in combat, then there must be a reason. Is there an enemy attacking you? Is there a condi on you? Is there a ground aoe you are in or close? Did you just take fall damage? There are many more questions one can ask about the game state they are in, and exploring those questions will help with understanding the game and having confidence in entering any situation that may arise.

> > > >

> > > > Personally, I haven't had the same game experience that some have raised here. Occasionally I get stuck in a situation I can't just escape, but occasionally, not always. If the same sticky situation happens to me reliably, then I have learned to expect it, and adjust my gameplay when applicable.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nope. The in-combat session just lingers much longer than in other zones. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to have experienced it. /shrug

> >

> > Yes!

> >

> > And: **a lot of the time I can't see which mob is aggro'd so I can kill it.** Also, mobs aggro'ing on a higher level that assumes I would use a mount to get up there. I can't mount to attack (because in combat). Which leaves me to:

> > 1. jump off the place and glide until I'm out of combat. This assumes I can jump off and glide. Also, using stealth gliding often doesn't remove me out of combat (e.g. DWC and the portal activities)

> > 2. run on foot to get away, and then aggro another set of mobs because I can't wp as I am in combat.

> >

> > I have noticed a time delay between when the debuffs tick off and I can mount/wp again. This is super annoying.

>

> It's that one stupid little sand lion cub running away from you with the invulnerable buff on it because you somehow just barely kited out of its aggro range.

While you're still in combat with a lowered health pool and debuffs from fighting other mobs.

This game has the worst kiting implementation I have experienced. I can't even get it back into combat while it's running back and it's health is increasing. However, *I* remain in combat. :/

I like dangerous mobs, but I do not like damage sponges.

I liked how dangerous HoT mobs were (before the nerfs). If you made a mistake and dropped into a pack of tiny little raptors, you were dead.

What I do not like are damage sponges. I don't want to spend 2 minutes trying to kill one guy. I want to kill him in 30-45 seconds and move on with my life. If the mob is a champion, then I will accept the fight taking longer, but the fight needs to introduce new mechanics as it goes on. I don't want to be doing the same mechanics for five to ten minutes.

So for generic mobs I'd prefer highly dangerous mechanics that force me to move/do something/be skilled, but a low time to kill.

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > > @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > > > > > > --snip --

> > > > > > For me, it's not a condi-cleanse issue. I can defeat a mob but the game considers me to still be "in combat" so I can't mount, SB can't swap pets, other professions can't swap weapons, etc... Players end up having to travel a significant distance from the encounter before they are no longer locked in combat... but then are subjected to the vast aggro range of other mobs or if they remain in-place and wait for the "timer" to let them out of combat, the mob re-spawns.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > If we understand how we interact with the game world, or how it interacts with us, then we can plan for those eventualities.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you are in combat, then there must be a reason. Is there an enemy attacking you? Is there a condi on you? Is there a ground aoe you are in or close? Did you just take fall damage? There are many more questions one can ask about the game state they are in, and exploring those questions will help with understanding the game and having confidence in entering any situation that may arise.

> > > > >

> > > > > Personally, I haven't had the same game experience that some have raised here. Occasionally I get stuck in a situation I can't just escape, but occasionally, not always. If the same sticky situation happens to me reliably, then I have learned to expect it, and adjust my gameplay when applicable.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Nope. The in-combat session just lingers much longer than in other zones. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to have experienced it. /shrug

> > >

> > > Yes!

> > >

> > > And: **a lot of the time I can't see which mob is aggro'd so I can kill it.** Also, mobs aggro'ing on a higher level that assumes I would use a mount to get up there. I can't mount to attack (because in combat). Which leaves me to:

> > > 1. jump off the place and glide until I'm out of combat. This assumes I can jump off and glide. Also, using stealth gliding often doesn't remove me out of combat (e.g. DWC and the portal activities)

> > > 2. run on foot to get away, and then aggro another set of mobs because I can't wp as I am in combat.

> > >

> > > I have noticed a time delay between when the debuffs tick off and I can mount/wp again. This is super annoying.

> >

> > It's that one stupid little sand lion cub running away from you with the invulnerable buff on it because you somehow just barely kited out of its aggro range.

>

> While you're still in combat with a lowered health pool and debuffs from fighting other mobs.

>

> **This game has the worst kiting implementation I have experienced**. I can't even get it back into combat while it's running back and it's health is increasing. However, *I* remain in combat. :/

Does it? I don't think it has any worse kiting implementation than other similar games (based on my experience, correct me if I'm wrong). Obviously you can't just try and kite a mob through half of the map. That doesn't seem to be anything out of ordinary.

You are in combat because you are the one that made that happen. At this point you probably understand that kiting a mob too far from its original spawn point results in the mob trying to "hard reset", so... don't do that and you're fine? You're literally complaining about you making the choice to run in a straight line away from the mob for too long -that reset mechanic isn't the cause, you are. As far as I know kiting in this game isn't somehow inexplicably hard, you just need to make a u-turn every now and then, instead of trying to abuse limited mob behavior.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > > > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > > > > > > > --snip --

> > > > > > > For me, it's not a condi-cleanse issue. I can defeat a mob but the game considers me to still be "in combat" so I can't mount, SB can't swap pets, other professions can't swap weapons, etc... Players end up having to travel a significant distance from the encounter before they are no longer locked in combat... but then are subjected to the vast aggro range of other mobs or if they remain in-place and wait for the "timer" to let them out of combat, the mob re-spawns.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If we understand how we interact with the game world, or how it interacts with us, then we can plan for those eventualities.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you are in combat, then there must be a reason. Is there an enemy attacking you? Is there a condi on you? Is there a ground aoe you are in or close? Did you just take fall damage? There are many more questions one can ask about the game state they are in, and exploring those questions will help with understanding the game and having confidence in entering any situation that may arise.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Personally, I haven't had the same game experience that some have raised here. Occasionally I get stuck in a situation I can't just escape, but occasionally, not always. If the same sticky situation happens to me reliably, then I have learned to expect it, and adjust my gameplay when applicable.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Nope. The in-combat session just lingers much longer than in other zones. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to have experienced it. /shrug

> > > >

> > > > Yes!

> > > >

> > > > And: **a lot of the time I can't see which mob is aggro'd so I can kill it.** Also, mobs aggro'ing on a higher level that assumes I would use a mount to get up there. I can't mount to attack (because in combat). Which leaves me to:

> > > > 1. jump off the place and glide until I'm out of combat. This assumes I can jump off and glide. Also, using stealth gliding often doesn't remove me out of combat (e.g. DWC and the portal activities)

> > > > 2. run on foot to get away, and then aggro another set of mobs because I can't wp as I am in combat.

> > > >

> > > > I have noticed a time delay between when the debuffs tick off and I can mount/wp again. This is super annoying.

> > >

> > > It's that one stupid little sand lion cub running away from you with the invulnerable buff on it because you somehow just barely kited out of its aggro range.

> >

> > While you're still in combat with a lowered health pool and debuffs from fighting other mobs.

> >

> > **This game has the worst kiting implementation I have experienced**. I can't even get it back into combat while it's running back and it's health is increasing. However, *I* remain in combat. :/

>

> Does it? I don't think it has any worse kiting implementation than other similar games (based on my experience, correct me if I'm wrong). Obviously you can't just try and kite a mob through half of the map. That doesn't seem to be anything out of ordinary.

> You are in combat because you are the one that made that happen. At this point you probably understand that kiting a mob too far from its original spawn point results in the mob trying to "hard reset", so... don't do that and you're fine? You're literally complaining about you making the choice to run in a straight line away from the mob for too long -that reset mechanic isn't the cause, you are. As far as I know kiting in this game isn't somehow inexplicably hard, you just need to make a u-turn every now and then, instead of trying to abuse limited mob behavior.

Thank you for telling me I don't know how to kite. That's very helpful. Especially as it doesn't address the point I made.

I enjoy Path of Fire. The critters are spaced out well enough, and not too easy, not too hard. I can solo pretty much the whole area.

I hated Thorns. Too crowded and most critters felt like mini-bosses. I got my glider and got out of Thorns pretty quickly. Only one avatar could hang in at all there, my necro/minion master. None of the others could survive at all. Not sure if they nerfed the area before or after, but I did not care enough to find out. I have not gone back since.