My honest feelings about map mob difficulty in PoF

> @"SunTzu.4513" said:

> >but of course. i have played them for 17 years now. i have 5 of them installed . and i am subbed to one of them too. sometimes to more than one i know casual when i see it, and this aint it. exo gear isnt just "handed to you" either... if it was, then i would have more , than just a few amulets.

>

> I can proof it to you. You got regulary only for login rewards. One of them is a chest with exotic gear. You can even choose the profession and for wich the chest will contain a random exotic piece of gear/wepaon. And if you don't need/like them you can spare them and put them into th mystic forge and transform them to a new one. Also you get seven times Laurels in a month so you can even buy your way up on the amulet/trinket/ring side of things into ascendet. Just from login rewards. I don't know any mmo where you can obtain gear in this quality only for login.

>

> Also if you play the story you get from Chapter 8 The forgotten Temple onwards Lvl 80 stuff as reward. All of this is exo mybe not bis stats but you will gear wise nearly completly exo amored going into hot, where you can buy your way up to good exo stuffs by only participating on story or events. In the ratio from time to gear value this even beats WOW BFA dailys where scaled up gear was literally thrown at you.

>

> Edit: Source GW2 wiki Login Rewards. Leveling and Story rewards.

Yeah its an odd complaint for sure... you need endgame gear for endgame content and he's going into endgame content to get endgame gear, so things is to hard. Which is of course, ass backwards.

I still remember when my guild first went into Arah, half equipped with rares - some being the first rushed 80's in the guild - and not knowing shit about the dungeon, there where little to no clips on others having done it. We got our asses handed to us for 2 hours before we gave up because the dungeon was **too fucking hard**.

Nowadays a solo warrior can faceroll the keyboard through it.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>Yeah its an odd complaint for sure... you need endgame gear for endgame content and he's going into endgame content to get endgame gear, so things is to hard. Which is of course, kitten backwards.

The irony is you can get bis exo armor for an power build really cheap on the TP. The amount of gold which is required is a joke if you compare the overall value of an berserker exo set to the time and activities you can use it for. Aside from T4 fractals and CM you can participate on everything even raids. Also if one is smart and use the stat search on the TP instead of the attribute name berserker one can get it even cheaper. If you go for an yolo condi build it's ridiculus cheap. I used carrion gear on my condi weaver in frac/raid pugs for almost 11 months and got away with it until i changed to berserker fresh air weaver.

>I still remember when my guild first went into Arah, half equipped with rares - some being the first rushed 80's in the guild - and not knowing kitten about the dungeon, there where little to no clips on others having done it. We got our kitten handed to us for 2 hours before we gave up because the dungeon was too kitten hard.

Ohh the good 'ol times ^^ I wiped there too many times. Brings back nice memorys. Was playing necro as my first toon long before the condi stacks were revamped... Buildcrafting there was very interresting also no one of my game mates had a clue what we were in for and how things work. But somehow we did it in the end.

> @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Shikaru.7618" said:

> > > Here is something that a lot of the mmos youve mentioned have in common. They all have an easily identifiable gear score or damage score, so when you get a new piece of gear, you can make informed decisions at a glance and know if you're getting an upgrade or downgrade. Gw2 does not really present any of that information to you easily. It is very easy to gear and build your character incorrectly and be completely oblivious that you did so. The difference between the average player and top tier raiders is 10x according to a dev despite having the same tier of gear. Imagine if you magically dealt 10x damage right now. Would you still be struggling with open world? Thats the reality that a lot of us veterans are trying to tell you. Anything thats not a champion or bounty will basically melt in open world. You just need proper builds and proper stat combos on your gear.

> >

> > OK, but how would you construct such a gear score (SWTOR calls it "Item Rating", for reference) in GW2? Would it have to show bias toward certain stats? If so, why? (I have a Reaper build that's based on *Valkyrie* gear, kitten. With all that Vitality, a stat-biased gear score would probably mark it down, but it's almost indestructible and still delivers substantial damage.) Then again, in most games, the gear score (whatever it's called) is some way short of the full answer, since it almost never identifies gearsets that are weak because of an improper stat mix.

> >

> > And in general, this thread reminds me of something I said in [another thread](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1340112#Comment_1340112) ...

> >

> > > Game difficulty should not be set up for the wilfully obtuse.

> >

> > There is a very wide range of player-skill in any MMORPG, but while general content must take into account the less-skilled players, the players who will not learn how to play (not talking learning disabilities here, but wilful obtuseness) should not be part of that analysis.

>

> if i have to go to another website to find a build, then the game has failed. if they let me get to max level with "wrong "build, then the game has failed

> if they dont let me play my own build, then there is no point in playing an RPG at all

Sorry for being a little late getting back to this, but what you say here is contradictory, or it is saying that all MMORPGs fail in some way. Either:

* It fails because you have to go to another website to find a build.(1) -- OR --

* It fails because it lets you get to max level with a junk build. -- OR --

* It fails because it *doesn't* let you get to max level with a junk build.

The second two conditions cover all cases: "it does" and "it does not". Conclusion: all MMORPGs fail.

(1) One might say "well, they are all like that" - sites like Dulfy, Vulkk, etc. for SWTOR, or the multitude of sites that host builds for GW2 can be found for all MMORPGs, even the ones that are dead. There's probably at least one site like that with stuff for Devilian (the only now-shuttered MMORPG that I've actually played) or Wildstar (the other shuttererd MMORPG that I can name off the top of my head).

But in general, you *don't* have to go to another site for a build. The people who posted the first builds on the first of those sites for GW2 *definitely* didn't use such a site, because _**it didn't exist to help them construct those builds**_.

I go to such sites because I'm lazy about such things and prefer to benefit from the hard work that those people have generously made available, and also because I'd rather *play* the game than sit there doing the theorycrafting stuff.