Couldn't balance a scale

darren.1064

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > Drazeh's tier list sPvP September 2020

> Never Before Have I Been So Offended By Something I One Hundred Percent Agree With.

> I find it quite funny that the Elite spec is downgrade to the core profession.

> Blob lives matter.

Remember when elite specs were billed as """side-grades"""?

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Infiltrator's Arrow spam got a 2 second nerf. Super "significant"!

>

> The skill was never meant to be a fast travel utility, but a reposition utility for the shortbow or what do you think why there is a blind on it?

>

> Since no thief actually cared for that purpose and everyone is just using the skill exclusively for traveling (that's an euphemism for resetting btw.) for 8 years now, it was time to reduce its impact a bit.

All of this is true but there is one big issue, the entire class and all of its elite specs were balanced around the mobility of IA. I am fine with them nerfing it but i am not fine with just leaving the rest of the class as is, if their intent is to move thief away from a pure decap bot then they have to buff/rework the rest of the class to be able to actually fight and not just +1 players who are half dead.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> 2 Initiative more for sb#5 has ruined the class D: ?? I think people are over reacting here.

Yes, it ruins the class. Trust me. I mean.. I don't really care, I'm leaving now, that's bullshit, but I hope you guys all have a lot of fun automatically losing your matches when you get teamed up with a thief and the other team has a proper comp.

I just hope everyone celebrating the changes to IA recalls that before flaming another thief for being garbage.. ye.. ye they will pretty much all be garbage now and you are to blame ngl.

Happy solo queue guys.

> @"Swagg.9236" said:

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > Drazeh's tier list sPvP September 2020

> > Never Before Have I Been So Offended By Something I One Hundred Percent Agree With.

> > I find it quite funny that the Elite spec is downgrade to the core profession.

> > Blob lives matter.

>

> Remember when elite specs were billed as """side-grades"""?

Almost 4 years and counting here, Berserker has been side graded to the bench for that long. Maybe if I bitch and moan enough they might do something about it in a year and hope it doesn't get butcherer like the last time.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"Swagg.9236" said:

> > > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > Drazeh's tier list sPvP September 2020

> > > Never Before Have I Been So Offended By Something I One Hundred Percent Agree With.

> > > I find it quite funny that the Elite spec is downgrade to the core profession.

> > > Blob lives matter.

> >

> > Remember when elite specs were billed as """side-grades"""?

> Almost 4 years and counting here, Berserker has been side graded to the bench for that long. Maybe if I kitten and moan enough they might do something about it in a year and hope it doesn't get butcherer like the last time.

>

The real problem with even adding the concept of "side-grades" to GW2 is the fact that the game itself is intentionally restrictive toward actions like swapping roles or builds in the middle of combat. This isn't TF2 where you can lose a skirmish and then spawn up with a different "build" or "weapon" in order to adapt to bolster what your team might be lacking at any given moment. Even if you go down in PvE, you can't swap your build on the fly while people are rezzing you; and if you go full dead, you can't hope to come back with a different tactic within the span of the same fight. The whole idea of "side-grades" is worthless in GW2 explicitly because nobody in GW2 has a chance to make a side-grade matter in any respective encounter considering how every player is locked into whatever they brought to said encounter for that encounter's entire duration.

On top of that, everybody basically just shuffles through the same 3-4 active mechanics anyway, so trying to pretend that there are well-defined roles in the first place *on top* of the option of taking a side-grade is double-dumb.

> @"foste.3098" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > Infiltrator's Arrow spam got a 2 second nerf. Super "significant"!

> >

> > The skill was never meant to be a fast travel utility, but a reposition utility for the shortbow or what do you think why there is a blind on it?

> >

> > Since no thief actually cared for that purpose and everyone is just using the skill exclusively for traveling (that's an euphemism for resetting btw.) for 8 years now, it was time to reduce its impact a bit.

>

> All of this is true but there is one big issue, the entire class and all of its elite specs were balanced around the mobility of IA. I am fine with them nerfing it but i am not fine with just leaving the rest of the class as is, if their intent is to move thief away from a pure decap bot then they have to buff/rework the rest of the class to be able to actually fight and not just +1 players who are half dead.

P much. All this will do is make a match more focused on team fights. Decapping will take longer and have less value. Decapping a side node as a thief had high value because one could decap and return to the mid fight quickly enough that the lack of the thieve's presence for that short time didn't really matter. Well now that length of time is greater meaning the thieve's team will be possibly outnumbered in mid for longer causing a higher chance to lose the teamfight giving two options:

Full cap far and possibly duel an enemy going from mid to far and leave home to be contested by rezzers to fight the enemy(ies) who went mid to home after they won it and possibly die again to the enemy's increased momentum.

Or

Leave it decapped since realistically dueling an enemy would take so long that you'd just get +1'd anyways and die by the time you get the first enemy downed (happened to me many times), and just go back home to help +1 your team's rezzers, get a kill and help your team possibly snowball that momentum into mid and hopefully win the mid fight due to possibly outnumbering them due to them having rezzers now.

Travel time is even longer now due to the ini change and +1'ing your team at home might not be fast enough to contest and win the point which will just result in some mouth breather on your team saying "teef decap far!!1!1?!" Acting like they're your mom telling you to do your chores and backseat gaming to the point that you AFK on roads stunned in disbelief that all your life choices have resulted in this very moment and the last thing you can do to attempt turning your life around is buying a banana stand but all you can think of while selling children at the local farmer's market frozen chocolate covered bananas on a stick is bitter resentment that Anet failed you in poorly designing your main so you absent mindedly leave the money in the stand, it gets stolen, and now you're left with nothing but sadness and hatred for a company that makes pennies selling pixelated chairs in a game that turned its back on you.

Teef life rough.