So are we ever going to be able to apply Cosmetic Infusions to Ascended/Legendary gear?

Shroud.2307

After having saved up enough gold, looking at some videos on Youtube and asking someone in game to show me how it looks to be absolutely sure I wanted it, I bought Vial of Liquid Auriliam for 2k gold.

... And then I find I can't apply it to anything and have to ask around why I can't. Turns out you can't use it with Ascended/Legendary gear, much to my disappointment.

I understand I could just swap out one piece for an Exotic and I would lose minimal stats, but I don't want to do that. The plan was to apply it to my Legendary backpiece so I could use it on multiple builds while still changing the stats of that piece of equipment.

Since I couldn't do this, I said nevermind and put it back on the Trading Post. Now I'm probably going to have to wait quite some time before it sells.

I know ANet doesn't exactly frequent these forums, but if any dev's see this, could you give me a reason as to why this is? If applying Cosmetic Infusions to Ascended/Legendary gear could be exploited or something, then I might understand. But as is, I don't quite get this and it's a little upsetting. It's my own fault for not doing more research before making such a large purchase, but it doesn't state this anywhere on the Wiki anyway.

The vial is a jewel that is used to craft the infusion, you simply tried placing the wrong type of an item into your equipment.

For crafting the actual infusion, you place the vial into the mystic forge with some crystals, mist essence and a +9 infusion that adds stats.

edit: I also gotta wonder what wiki you're reading as this information was available in seconds by going to the vials wiki page.

u need craft infusion, its relatively cheap.

Its this way because Infusions and Ascedend Gear was not in the first versions of the game, they come later, so the "base" of the game is based all on exotic equipment, this way create option for those use only exotic(even being unwise use exotic trinkets with expensive jewels(cosmetic) because they cant be removed).

> @"Shroud.2307" said:

> After having saved up enough gold, looking at some videos on Youtube and asking someone in game to show me how it looks to be absolutely sure I wanted it, I bought Vial of Liquid Auriliam for 2k gold.

>

> ... And then I find I can't apply it to anything and have to ask around why I can't. Turns out you can't use it with Ascended/Legendary gear, much to my disappointment.

> I understand I could just swap out one piece for an Exotic and I would lose minimal stats, but I don't want to do that. The plan was to apply it to my Legendary backpiece so I could use it on multiple builds while still changing the stats of that piece of equipment.

>

> Since I couldn't do this, I said nevermind and put it back on the Trading Post. Now I'm probably going to have to wait quite some time before it sells.

>

> I know ANet doesn't exactly frequent these forums, but if any dev's see this, could you give me a reason as to why this is? If applying Cosmetic Infusions to Ascended/Legendary gear could be exploited or something, then I might understand. But as is, I don't quite get this and it's a little upsetting. It's my own fault for not doing more research before making such a large purchase, but it doesn't state this anywhere on the Wiki anyway.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Liquid_Aurillium_Infusion