Lunar New Year Node?

Yeah, no. A Lunar node of some sort would be nice but lucky envelopes would add too much liquid gold into the economy, even the little ones. _If_ it was a unique envelope that did not have any junk items worth up to 8g88s88c and the back items were taken out then maybe, but if you give everyone access to a node that has an item that's affected by magic find and can give people just under 9g a day, inflation is going to go up. A lot. Even if only 5% of players got that drop per day, that's still a ton of gold entering the economy for zero work and without a sink for it.

But since there's no unique currency for LNY (aside from the tokens, but those are in addition to gold and don't offer unique rewards), there's not really a huge need for a node to keep the festival currency down outside of the 3 weeks it's active. A vendor that gives you 1-2 random food items would keep the flavour of a LNY node without the tidal wave of gold.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> Well a home instance node you can feed luck into for some trash coin item like the ghost at lunar new year would be nice so veterans can get rid of excess luck all year round.

Yes basically something like this. Doesn’t have to be exactly like the normal tickets. Just something that can give luck and rice balls (or other consumables)

First thing that comes to mind is maybe a luck node.. but a good chunk of players likely have no use for that.

That could be remedied though if the quest/achievement chain to get the luck node also featured a luck eater item like the Gleam of Sentience which could trade each type of luck per day for some kind of random lootbag or something.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> First thing that comes to mind is maybe a luck node.. but a good chunk of players likely have no use for that.

>

> That could be remedied though if the quest/achievement chain to get the luck node also featured a luck eater item like the Gleam of Sentience which could trade each type of luck per day for some kind of random lootbag or something.

This, exactly this please!

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> I can't see a lucky envelope dispenser making much sense given how seasonal I (perhaps incorrectly) believe those to be. I mean, I like the idea of a node for every holiday, but in this case I think it needs to give something other than the envelopes.

To be fair, we have a christ...sory, wintersday tree in our home instance that gives out gifts all year. A home node for Lunar New Year would probably give out luck anyway, cool for some, unnecessary for others.

> @"Shadowmoon.7986" said:

> My suggestion:

> Give a node where you can trade x exotic essences of luck for a 24 hour mf boost that behaves like the peach in lake doric or the warm potion in bitterfrost. We need better luck sinks in the game once you hit 300 mf.

That's not really a node, though.

Maybe the Lucky node should rely on luck more than giving it. Just have it give one small SOMETHING every day, with a long list of items it can draw from. Most are minor, a few are actually good, and one or two are "jackpot!" level. Something like "One ghost pepper" would be a minor thing, something of value but by itself very small value. A jug of karma could be one of the more impressive items, possible but very rare.

Yeah, that would be cool. I really just want to see them add more nodes so I can fill a home instance to the brim with hundreds of them lol. For lunar new year they could add a floating lantern that gives envelopes (the basic kind that won’t crash the economy, not divine) as well as something else fitting that gives luck.

Also would like to see a snowflake node and maybe a trick or treat dispenser (if they give out Wintersday gifts why not them too?), a noxious pod, and all kinds of other things

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> Yeah, that would be cool. I really just want to see them add more nodes so I can fill a home instance to the brim with hundreds of them lol. For lunar new year they could add a floating lantern that gives envelopes (the basic kind that won’t crash the economy, not divine) as well as something else fitting that gives luck.

>

> Also would like to see a snowflake node and maybe a trick or treat dispenser (if they give out Wintersday gifts why not them too?), a noxious pod, and all kinds of other things

I know what you mean, although we already have the Wintersday Tree, the Candycorn node the Bauble dispenser, The Quartz node and the Dragon Bash Pinata so all the other festivals are already covered for home instance nodes.

The Noxious Pod is one I really want even if it was a dumbed down version that only give out crystaline ore, or just give me a crystaline ore node instead i'd be content with that ^^.

For Lunar New Year I think a Luck node is more than sufficient, and like I said in my previous post I think we should also get a luck eater item with it as well so we can finally get a good luck sink in the game which I think is in high demand for players who have maxed out their luck.

not to get too much off topic. because i do believe every festival should have its own node. but i want to push for adding the rest of the nodes that are already in the game to be available to purchase in the lions arch cave. you can buy the candy corn node year around. but none of the others. cmon anet. can we get some consistency