Full Sustain Firebrand is kinda coming back right now

snoow.1694

Ehh it’s not even that. Support was more essential than q symbol or sage firebrand in the first place as firebrand is mostly just putting out boons not sustain and that basically anything with a semblance of damage beats any kind of firebrand. But your also kindof right as supports are now making a somewhat come back but I think instant healing from core shout supports is alittle more likely than firebrand, as it’s mostly prolonged support not instant support

> @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> Ehh it’s not even that. Support was more essential than q symbol or sage firebrand in the first place as firebrand is mostly just putting out boons not sustain and that basically anything with a semblance of damage beats any kind of firebrand. But your also kindof right as supports are now making a somewhat come back but I think instant healing from core shout supports is alittle more likely than firebrand, as it’s mostly prolonged support not instant support

I think you were right before the last shout and general sustain nerf for Healbreakers - I‘ve tried them both during the last week - you get around 200K-400K healing output over the match as a Firebrand, which is comparable to Healbreaker, while having a little less mobility in the new build, but a ton of important boons such as resistance, prot and aegis that heals teammates as well as having less cooldown on the res signet. From what I saw it looked really great, only problem is that all available heal skills (mostly for selfsustain reasons) on a Firebrand have been nerfed too much or aren‘t suited for how the spec is played

> @"snoow.1694" said:

> > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > Ehh it’s not even that. Support was more essential than q symbol or sage firebrand in the first place as firebrand is mostly just putting out boons not sustain and that basically anything with a semblance of damage beats any kind of firebrand. But your also kindof right as supports are now making a somewhat come back but I think instant healing from core shout supports is alittle more likely than firebrand, as it’s mostly prolonged support not instant support

>

> I think you were right before the last shout and general sustain nerf for Healbreakers - I‘ve tried them both during the last week - you get around 200K-400K healing output over the match as a Firebrand, which is comparable to Healbreaker, while having a little less mobility in the new build, but a ton of important boons such as resistance, prot and aegis that heals teammates as well as having less cooldown on the res signet. From what I saw it looked really great, only problem is that all available heal skills (mostly for selfsustain reasons) on a Firebrand have been nerfed too much or aren‘t suited for how the spec is played

That’s fair though I’m not sure entirely

The problem FB has had this year isn't the level of support it can offer its team-mates, that's always been good. The issue is that FB is incredibly easy to focus down in a team-fight, significantly easier than either Tempest or Healbreaker. That's because the Aegis mechanic, while quite strong in a 1v1, is meaningless in a team-fight, where 3+ enemies will eat through that in the blink of an eye. Imagine trying to play Healbreaker without Shield #5 or Full-Counter..... that's FB.

Boyce's comment after farming Naru's FB in Mota: "The problem with FB is it just dies.... it just dies".

That, and the fact that right now Core Virtues are actually objectively better than Tomes. Slow people can't grasp the idea that 1 skill can be better than a kit which offers 5 skills, because 5 > 1 right? Well, no. VoR offers 6k healing every 50s. ToR offers roughly 6k healing every 50s. But VoR is insta-cast, why would you take the one which requires you to cast 9 times, taking up 5+ seconds, to achieve the same result?

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> The problem FB has had this year isn't the level of support it can offer its team-mates, that's always been good. The issue is that FB is incredibly easy to focus down in a team-fight, significantly easier than either Tempest or Healbreaker. That's because the Aegis mechanic, while quite strong in a 1v1, is meaningless in a team-fight, where 3+ enemies will eat through that in the blink of an eye. Imagine trying to play Healbreaker without Shield #5 or Full-Counter..... that's FB.

>

> Boyce's comment after farming Naru's FB in Mota: "The problem with FB is it just dies.... it just dies".

>

> That, and the fact that right now Core Virtues are actually objectively better than Tomes. Slow people can't grasp the idea that 1 skill can be better than a kit which offers 5 skills, because 5 > 1 right? Well, no. VoR offers 6k healing every 50s. ToR offers roughly 6k healing every 50s. But VoR is insta-cast, why would you take the one which requires you to cast 9 times, taking up 5+ seconds, to achieve the same result?

The nerf the dodgeroll heal the aegis heal and the mantra heal, thats why fb cant survive like it used to. I also agree is super easy to focus