Secret Lair of the Snowmen for the Wintersday Festival

Swagger.1459

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > @"LupusLycaon.1570" said:

> > Well, it's a raid now. /s Well done festival team, well done. Guess I'll go back to WvW.

>

> It's not a raid, it's on dungeon level at most. Any random squad can complete it.

Of course they can, as it has raid mechanics all over it, 10 man raid teams will destroy it, your average 1,1,1,1,1,1 collect loot player will not, and will probably quit before finishing.

> @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > @"LupusLycaon.1570" said:

> > > Well, it's a raid now. /s Well done festival team, well done. Guess I'll go back to WvW.

> >

> > It's not a raid, it's on dungeon level at most. Any random squad can complete it.

>

> Of course they can, as it has raid mechanics all over it, 10 man raid teams will destroy it, your average 1,1,1,1,1,1 collect loot player will not, and will probably quit before finishing.

The only question I have is, does it require raid comps (eg Chrono tank, etc) or is it just a 10 man dungeon with actual fight mechanics?

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > @"LupusLycaon.1570" said:

> > > > Well, it's a raid now. /s Well done festival team, well done. Guess I'll go back to WvW.

> > >

> > > It's not a raid, it's on dungeon level at most. Any random squad can complete it.

> >

> > Of course they can, as it has raid mechanics all over it, 10 man raid teams will destroy it, your average 1,1,1,1,1,1 collect loot player will not, and will probably quit before finishing.

>

> The only question I have is, does it require raid comps (eg Chrono tank, etc) or is it just a 10 man dungeon with actual fight mechanics?

It's not even close to being a raid. No compositions are required and it is 100% puggable. Apart from a couple of mechanics which can catch you out, it's not overly difficult. The trash en route is basic, the boss has dungeon level mechanics and a timer

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > @"LupusLycaon.1570" said:

> > > Well, it's a raid now. /s Well done festival team, well done. Guess I'll go back to WvW.

> >

> > It's not a raid, it's on dungeon level at most. Any random squad can complete it.

>

> Of course they can, as it has raid mechanics all over it, 10 man raid teams will destroy it, your average 1,1,1,1,1,1 collect loot player will not, and will probably quit before finishing.

Did you read me? "**Any random squad can complete it.**", means ANY, any comp, any class, as I just did it with 0 deaths with a random "All welcome" squad on lfg.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > @"LupusLycaon.1570" said:

> > > > Well, it's a raid now. /s Well done festival team, well done. Guess I'll go back to WvW.

> > >

> > > It's not a raid, it's on dungeon level at most. Any random squad can complete it.

> >

> > Of course they can, as it has raid mechanics all over it, 10 man raid teams will destroy it, your average 1,1,1,1,1,1 collect loot player will not, and will probably quit before finishing.

>

> The only question I have is, does it require raid comps (eg Chrono tank, etc) or is it just a 10 man dungeon with actual fight mechanics?

You can get away without raid comps, but a raid comp would prob make it easier, the reward for doing it a 2nd time is only 10 wintersday gifts, so its not worth running more than once.

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > > @"LupusLycaon.1570" said:

> > > > > Well, it's a raid now. /s Well done festival team, well done. Guess I'll go back to WvW.

> > > >

> > > > It's not a raid, it's on dungeon level at most. Any random squad can complete it.

> > >

> > > Of course they can, as it has raid mechanics all over it, 10 man raid teams will destroy it, your average 1,1,1,1,1,1 collect loot player will not, and will probably quit before finishing.

> >

> > The only question I have is, does it require raid comps (eg Chrono tank, etc) or is it just a 10 man dungeon with actual fight mechanics?

>

> You can get away without raid comps, but a raid comp would prob make it easier, ...

Of course but it's not mandatory, that's what I wanted to say.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > Woop Woop!

>

> Good job, Swagger.

No no, im just a humble suggestion maker...

The real praise goes out to the super cool devs! And I would like to thank you too for being awesome!

May the winter celebrations shower gold upon you!

Either my guild is _really_ bad at doing raids or this is far, far easier than a normal raid. It's more like a 10 man Fractal: it's relatively short with very few special mechanics - you need to throw snowballs using the special action key, and avoid ice on the floor in some parts (which is odd, because the floor is ice) - kill some enemies and one boss and that's it.

I did it on an elementalist in mostly exotics with ascended trinkets and an ascended staff, with a group of random people using whatever they felt like bringing. We had to do a few rounds of the Freezie fight before we got enough people throwing snowballs, but other than that it was easy.

Which is exactly what I'd expect from a festival activity. No sense in adding something which the top raiding guilds need a few attempts to beat and the majority won't even be ready to try if it's only going to be available for a few weeks each year? Especially during a festival which is supposed to be a bit of light-hearted fun.