Finally a beefy mount for my charr - [Merged]

Farohna.6247

I like the skin but am highly disappointed that it does not moo. And yes, I know it's an ox. They make similar noises being in the bovine species and all. If they can altar the howl for the mordrem skin then an angry moooooooooo howl is possible.

Kitten, give the elk skin an elk call as well. It's slightly frustrating that these two skins are the only ones that don't do the howl animation/sound and they are cash shop skins! When I brought it up in map chat yesterday about this, I actually got thanked because people wanted cow skin however no point in spending gems if it don't moo.

Every mount should be modelled with a Charr or Norn so people can get an idea of scaling on a worst case scenario! I got a Vigilant Sabreclaw skin for WvW, not realizing until afterwards that larger character models make them look like they could easily tip the mount over...looks great on my Asura, though.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I'd like to see some pics of it. I'm very tempted

![](https://i.imgur.com/7f19loa.png "")

PROS:

- You can dye it to look like a yogurt-dipped pretzel

- Snout

- Dainty jump animation

- Happy little mouth

- Little flower stamped on its chest plate

- 4 dye channels (Horns/hooves, snout/tailtip, front legs/chest/back legs, back/tail/underbelly)

CONS:

- Horns are uncomfortably large

- It's not a Tyrian Ox or Dolyak

- It might have worked better as a Warclaw skin

- No awoo animation (or a-moo, I guess)

- Skin transitions from weirdly smooth and veiny to scruffily furred, looks a bit like it rolled in craft feathers

- Nothing is holding the saddle onto it, so good luck

- **You cannot change the eye color** - eyes are undyeable and will remain sharp blue

If you're just looking for a clonking hoofbeast, this has you covered. If you're a stickler for model quality or lore maybe not.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> CONS:

> - It might have worked better as a Warclaw skin

Yeah, it seems out of place as a Jackal skin...jackals are usually slender, this thing doesn't look like it would even fit through a sand portal. I would have bought it as a Warclaw skin, though.

> @"Sylvyn.4750" said:

> > @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> > CONS:

> > - It might have worked better as a Warclaw skin

>

> Yeah, it seems out of place as a Jackal skin...jackals are usually slender, this thing doesn't look like it would even fit through a sand portal. I would have bought it as a Warclaw skin, though.

>

>

My guess is that it was made on a jackal skin for more availability. Probably way more players with jackals than warclaws. Probably more in sales this way, too.

Honestly thought it was a warclaw skin at first glance due to the bulk, amusing to see it blink from bouncing beef friend to dashing dust cloud. Moo'ing would have been some icing on the (beef)cake. Softer colors play well on the body, but have seen bold colors tromping about as well.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Sylvyn.4750" said:

> > > @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> > > CONS:

> > > - It might have worked better as a Warclaw skin

> >

> > Yeah, it seems out of place as a Jackal skin...jackals are usually slender, this thing doesn't look like it would even fit through a sand portal. I would have bought it as a Warclaw skin, though.

> >

> >

> My guess is that it was made on a jackal skin for more availability. Probably way more players with jackals than warclaws. Probably more in sales this way, too.

Out of the non-WvW terrestrial mounts...jackal, raptor ,springer or roller beetle...it's a tough choice, just doesn't fit well in any of those, but I guess if you had to shove a square peg in a round hole, jackal would do.

Maybe it's time for a new type of mount, a beast of burden, like a pack mule, water buffalo, ox, camel or horse that has a special ability of doubling your bag size or acting as a quick access to your bank account while you're on the dusty trail.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> The fact that this is the jackle and not warclaw is total bull...

Very punny!

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> My guess is that it was made on a jackal skin for more availability. Probably way more players with jackals than warclaws. Probably more in sales this way, too.

On second thought, however, the Jackal is my least used mount...really only good for the sand portals, which only exist in PoF and later zones. Covering open ground works better with a raptor or roller beetle...so what would sell better, a skin for the least used PvE mount (especially one that doesn't even resemble that mount) or the only usable mount in WvW?

Wow, this just shows how wvw generates the least amount of money for anet. That skin would have been perfect for the Warclaw, but because pvers wouldn't need warclaw they allocated the skin to of all things a blinking teleporting jackal. Imma dedddddd XDDDDDDDDDD

We exist anet, wvw exists!

> @"Sylvyn.4750" said:

> > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > The fact that this is the jackle and not warclaw is total bull...

>

> Very punny!

>

>

>

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > My guess is that it was made on a jackal skin for more availability. Probably way more players with jackals than warclaws. Probably more in sales this way, too.

>

> On second thought, however, the Jackal is my least used mount...really only good for the sand portals, which only exist in PoF and later zones. Covering open ground works better with a raptor or roller beetle...so what would sell better, a skin for the least used PvE mount (especially one that doesn't even resemble that mount) or the only usable mount in WvW?

Well, least used mount for you perhaps. I use my jackal second only to my skyscale. I find that I can control it much better than the raptor and/or beetle. /shrug

> @"Sylvyn.4750" said:

> > @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > The fact that this is the jackle and not warclaw is total bull...

>

> Very punny!

>

>

>

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > My guess is that it was made on a jackal skin for more availability. Probably way more players with jackals than warclaws. Probably more in sales this way, too.

>

> On second thought, however, the Jackal is my least used mount...really only good for the sand portals, which only exist in PoF and later zones. Covering open ground works better with a raptor or roller beetle...so what would sell better, a skin for the least used PvE mount (especially one that doesn't even resemble that mount) or the only usable mount in WvW?

I agree, the jackal is a very strange choice given its limited appeal. The warclaw would have fitted better

I'm just happy they've released a decent premium skin after some very dubious ones

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> CONS:

> - Horns are uncomfortably large

This is my main complaint, too. What's up with the devs and oversized blades, horns and other [_insert appropriate term_] symbols?

> - It might have worked better as a Warclaw skin

I was actually releaved to not see another interesting, diverse mount skin be wasted on the WvW-only mount.

> - No awoo animation (or a-moo, I guess)

Word! :angry:

> - Nothing is holding the saddle onto it, so good luck

I hadn't noticed until now. :lol: :+1: