It's time for transmutation charges and self style hair kits to go away!

Reaper X.6305

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"titje.2745" said:

> > would be nice, i am saving money for permanent hairstyle kit, and i am always out of transmute charges, make me mad that wvw and pvp get them by things they like and very often, and for pve we have to complete a whole map for only ONE 1 transmute charge, the time and reward is not balanced here (between game modes). i like pve but i hate completings maps, it takes hours. even completing city's takes too much time. gaming must be a relax thing near work but don't look like.

>

> Completing the Grove takes 8 minutes.

if you mean farming the grove with a new character and deleting it, remaking it, rinse and repeat.

it will take more than 8 minutes each time: you factor in character creation, a cutscene or two you can't skip in the tutorial mission, tutorial itself, teleporting/walking to the grove, with all loading screens compounded it's _probably closer_ to 15minutes more or less depending on how fast one is

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > would be nice, i am saving money for permanent hairstyle kit, and i am always out of transmute charges, make me mad that wvw and pvp get them by things they like and very often, and for pve we have to complete a whole map for only ONE 1 transmute charge, the time and reward is not balanced here (between game modes). i like pve but i hate completings maps, it takes hours. even completing city's takes too much time. gaming must be a relax thing near work but don't look like.

> >

> > Completing the Grove takes 8 minutes.

>

> if you mean farming the grove with a new character and deleting it, remaking it, rinse and repeat.

>

> it will take more than 8 minutes each time: you factor in character creation, a cutscene or two you can't skip in the tutorial mission, tutorial itself, teleporting/walking to the grove, with all loading screens compounded it's _probably closer_ to 15minutes more or less depending on how fast one is

You can skip it, if you got a pass like the mistlock sanctuary one for example.

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > would be nice, i am saving money for permanent hairstyle kit, and i am always out of transmute charges, make me mad that wvw and pvp get them by things they like and very often, and for pve we have to complete a whole map for only ONE 1 transmute charge, the time and reward is not balanced here (between game modes). i like pve but i hate completings maps, it takes hours. even completing city's takes too much time. gaming must be a relax thing near work but don't look like.

> >

> > Completing the Grove takes 8 minutes.

>

> if you mean farming the grove with a new character and deleting it, remaking it, rinse and repeat.

>

> it will take more than 8 minutes each time: you factor in character creation, a cutscene or two you can't skip in the tutorial mission, tutorial itself, teleporting/walking to the grove, with all loading screens compounded it's _probably closer_ to 15minutes more or less depending on how fast one is

No I mean completing maps does not take hours.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > > would be nice, i am saving money for permanent hairstyle kit, and i am always out of transmute charges, make me mad that wvw and pvp get them by things they like and very often, and for pve we have to complete a whole map for only ONE 1 transmute charge, the time and reward is not balanced here (between game modes). i like pve but i hate completings maps, it takes hours. even completing city's takes too much time. gaming must be a relax thing near work but don't look like.

> > >

> > > Completing the Grove takes 8 minutes.

> >

> > if you mean farming the grove with a new character and deleting it, remaking it, rinse and repeat.

> >

> > it will take more than 8 minutes each time: you factor in character creation, a cutscene or two you can't skip in the tutorial mission, tutorial itself, teleporting/walking to the grove, with all loading screens compounded it's _probably closer_ to 15minutes more or less depending on how fast one is

>

> You can skip it, if you got a pass like the mistlock sanctuary one for example.

oh i see, so some passes let you in from level 1 lol! that's good to know. some lounge passes like the lily of elon invite (the one i have) require a level 2 (to finish the tutorial) to use.

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > > > would be nice, i am saving money for permanent hairstyle kit, and i am always out of transmute charges, make me mad that wvw and pvp get them by things they like and very often, and for pve we have to complete a whole map for only ONE 1 transmute charge, the time and reward is not balanced here (between game modes). i like pve but i hate completings maps, it takes hours. even completing city's takes too much time. gaming must be a relax thing near work but don't look like.

> > > >

> > > > Completing the Grove takes 8 minutes.

> > >

> > > if you mean farming the grove with a new character and deleting it, remaking it, rinse and repeat.

> > >

> > > it will take more than 8 minutes each time: you factor in character creation, a cutscene or two you can't skip in the tutorial mission, tutorial itself, teleporting/walking to the grove, with all loading screens compounded it's _probably closer_ to 15minutes more or less depending on how fast one is

> >

> > You can skip it, if you got a pass like the mistlock sanctuary one for example.

>

> oh i see, so some passes let you in from level 1 lol! that's good to know. some lounge passes like the lily of elon invite (the one i have) require a level 2 (to finish the tutorial) to use.

Fun fact: Using one tome of knowledge in the tutorial instance opens a waypoint outside it that you can use to wp outside the instance.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > > > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > > > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > > > > would be nice, i am saving money for permanent hairstyle kit, and i am always out of transmute charges, make me mad that wvw and pvp get them by things they like and very often, and for pve we have to complete a whole map for only ONE 1 transmute charge, the time and reward is not balanced here (between game modes). i like pve but i hate completings maps, it takes hours. even completing city's takes too much time. gaming must be a relax thing near work but don't look like.

> > > > >

> > > > > Completing the Grove takes 8 minutes.

> > > >

> > > > if you mean farming the grove with a new character and deleting it, remaking it, rinse and repeat.

> > > >

> > > > it will take more than 8 minutes each time: you factor in character creation, a cutscene or two you can't skip in the tutorial mission, tutorial itself, teleporting/walking to the grove, with all loading screens compounded it's _probably closer_ to 15minutes more or less depending on how fast one is

> > >

> > > You can skip it, if you got a pass like the mistlock sanctuary one for example.

> >

> > oh i see, so some passes let you in from level 1 lol! that's good to know. some lounge passes like the lily of elon invite (the one i have) require a level 2 (to finish the tutorial) to use.

> Fun fact: Using one tome of knowledge in the tutorial instance opens a waypoint outside it that you can use to wp outside the instance.

I never knew that... That’s pretty cool.

You know, I once suggested a new crafting profession around this that maintains the need for transmutation charges but also gives another means of obtaining them:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73950/new-upgrade-crafting-aesthetician

Granted, that idea is flawed but in hindsight, I could see it more as a lite-craft that only goes up to lvl 100 and have it more aimed at the players that have a gazillion transmutation charges they don't use and turn it into gold by basically crafting sellable charges.

Rather than leave the players who spent time farming up charges up a creek by removing charges, now they can capitalize.