Palawa Joko is not even a veteran? O_o

Arden.7480

> @Fluffball.8307 said:

> Wait what? Did you expect him to be labeled "Veteran Palawa Joko"? I think he's the only Palawa Joko.

I expected him to be legendary or at least champion.

In the Underworld when we met him he was just a normal NPC that is just powerless. Palawa Joko is one big myth. I hope we will kill him faster than we killed Lazarus. So annoying and pointless character and his rank just shows that.

> @Rognik.2579 said:

> > @Fluffball.8307 said:

> > Wait what? Did you expect him to be labeled "Veteran Palawa Joko"? I think he's the only Palawa Joko.

> But the members of Destiny's Edge are marked with the legendary border even if they don't have "Legendary" in their name.

To be fair, a lot of major story NPCs can show up as rankless, legendary, or champion at different times. Faolain, for example, appears as all three (champion during TA, rankless during Season 2 and Bitter Harvest, legendary during Prized Possessions and possibly Prisoners of the Dragon). Dragon's Watch is much the same - even in Season 3, members of Dragon's Watch can show up as legendary or unranked, with or without defiance bars, etc. Largely seems to be dependent on whether or not they're going to fight that instance (fighting instances almost always have them as legendaries as of Season 3).

> @Ardid.7203 said:

> What are WE for the NPCs? Veteran? Legendary? Plot armored? Norris level?

An ordinary mob, according to all the minor criminals who seem to think we'll be easy pickings.

Realistically speaking, the NPCs don't have our interface, which means they don't see the veteran/elite/champion/legendary marker. However, we're considered to be on the same level (or higher) to the Destiny's Edge members, and the doppelganger from the Augury Rock meta-event is a Legendary.

> @draxynnic.3719 said:

> > @Ardid.7203 said:

> > What are WE for the NPCs? Veteran? Legendary? Plot armored? Norris level?

>

> An ordinary mob, according to all the minor criminals who seem to think we'll be easy pickings.

>

> Realistically speaking, the NPCs don't have our interface, which means they don't see the veteran/elite/champion/legendary marker. However, we're considered to be on the same level (or higher) to the Destiny's Edge members, and the doppelganger from the Augury Rock meta-event is a Legendary.

Isn't the doppelganger enhanced by magic from Augury Rock though? Hence why it can face off against not only the player it's a clone of, but also several other players. In Pvp players can kill each other in seconds. The doppelganger takes significantly longer.

If a player kills legendaries with other players I would not say that counts as the player being a legendary, since that means that NPC is at least as good as all the players that it beats combined(e.g. if a legendary kills a group of 10 that attack it, it is as good as ten players) . I would say it counts on what you are capable of 1v1ing, so if you can 1v1 an Elite or Champion or Epic, that is your rank, whereas significantly less players can 1v1 legendaries*. If you base it on a 1v1 as well that gives you a good idea of that NPC's abilities without its abilities being scaled up.

*That's excluding the fact that sometimes an enemy listed as a Legendary is easier than a Champion or Epic, like Balthazar.

There are complicating factors in there.

The biggest one, though, is that PvE opponents tend to be pumped up with extra health and damage to make up for the fact that the AI (usually) can't use skills and dodges to the efficiency that a player can. So instead, it gets extra health and damage to compensate, even if lorewise the entity might be equal to or even inferior to the PC.

Secondly, it's questionable how much we're actually playing the Dragonslayer when in the open world - obviously, not every PC you see running around can be the Dragonslayer. When in the open world (and possibly for raids as well), it's possibly best to think of yourself as just another adventurer or possible an agent of your Order rather than the Dragonslayer. Which is why things that are reasonably easy to fight in instances often require groups in the open world - when in an instance you _are_ the Dragonslayer with all the strength you'd expect of a person who has killed an Elder Dragon and a fallen god (I don't count Zhaitan. The airship killed Zhaitan, not us), while in open world events you're basically just another adventurer and can't solo the same threats the Dragonslayer can.