PvE mobility: how fast will I be as a condi Guardian?

rogerwilko.6895

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> The other thing to remember is that mounts arrive in a week. I don't know if you purchased Path of Fire or not, but if you did, you can save the gold on runes.

Exactly what I would recommend, I pondered about WvW and the new elites. With most keen to try out the new elites will they all be running much slower? As i imagine new elites and no pets will mean no or little speed on some professions.

> @rogerwilko.6895 said:

> Is there any 'easy' way for permanent swiftness?

> When I say PvE I mean world exploration, dungeons and not-high Fractals.

> Thanks.

I use retreat on all open world PvE builds. It is close to 100% swiftness. It is also much more flexible than using traveler runes since you can switch it out anytime. Traveler runes are major dps loss.

> @rogerwilko.6895 said:

> Is there any 'easy' way for permanent swiftness?

> When I say PvE I mean world exploration, dungeons and not-high Fractals.

> Thanks.

I use retreat on all open world PvE builds. It is close to 100% swiftness. It is also much more flexible than using traveler runes since you can switch it out anytime. Traveler runes are major dps loss. Also, if I understand how mounts work correctly, there would be no needs for swiftness at all going forward in open world PvE. Once you killed the mobs just pop out the mount.

Playing on and off 5 years i never did 100% world completition. Since i started maining guard in preparation for Firebrand, the runing around is especialy really slow with no fun movement skills.

I will just wait for mounts and then probably push myself to finaly do all maps, since speed wont be an issue anymore.

You won’t have access to leap (Wings of Resolve or Leap of Faith), though you can teleport to enemies with Judge’s Intervention, but then you’ll enter combat and will be even slower, and you won’t have an easy access to Swiftness, but you’re playing Guardian you should be used to be slow.

However with mounts coming to the game you shouldn’t really care how fast you can go in open world anymore, and in WvW you’ll get Swiftness from other sources.

With the base guardian skills, we have always been slow and dragon hunter didn´t change it much, other then a nice healing leap. I always done ok with retreat, greatsword leap and dragon hunter leap. At times also judge's intervention can work well for moving around(just hard to use without getting into combat by doing so).

Like my balth runes to much to ever go for travelers

Also if mounts keep working like last beta test. THen we might only need swiftness in combat, yet for alot of event you go out combat before next set mobs comes, so you can run over there with a mount (That burning field event in beta, i was doing this with huge succes)

Though if you going for condi guardian firebrands will make it possible

Firebrands can get perma swiftness without any boon duration, or close to. Only problem (which can be huge) is you are gonna waste tome of courage and resolve. And yet if running around open world and casuel stuff, not like these are that important overall.

Tome of courage = 90sec (78sec if traited)

Chapter 1 = 6sec swiftness spamable. So 30 to 48(traited) sec of swiftness.

Tome of resovle = 45sec(40sec if traited)

Chapter 3 = 5sec swiftness on 8sec CD (5 if traited)

chapter 4 = 5sec swiftness on 7sec CD (10 if traited)

so 25 to 40(traited) sec of swiffness

So with right trait, which lines up with a pretty good permeating wrath AoE buid thats good in open world PvE. Again those numbers where from last info i seen (and using GW2skills.com to refresh myself)

I won't be at max level when PoF lands, I barely started and I don't have much time to play.

For now, leveling is slow and tedious.

If the mount is only in PoF I guess I will make use of everything else: food, Retreat, Symbol of swiftness and one I get to 60 I'll get the runes of the traveler (I'll switch armors every... 5 levels? not sure if it's worth the money).

> @rogerwilko.6895 said:

> I won't be at max level when PoF lands, I barely started and I don't have much time to play.

> For now, leveling is slow and tedious.

> If the mount is only in PoF I guess I will make use of everything else: food, Retreat, Symbol of swiftness and one I get to 60 I'll get the runes of the traveler (I'll switch armors every... 5 levels? not sure if it's worth the money).

The mounts are NOT PoF only. It is every where PvE wise. Core, HoT or PoF. Just like gliding works.

I personally just have a weapon slotted with that swiftness on kill proc (can't remember the name) but in open world, where you kill swaths of enemies, 1 pack of them gives max swiftness.

Killing 3 enemies is 1min of swiftness. Now you can swap a utility for added swiftness, swap some runes around, or just carry a weapon with that sigil in it.