Feature Request: Custom Keybinds per Character

Omnicron.2467

I have played other MMOs where this was a feature and I would find it really helpful in GW2

At the moment I have F1 bound to both F1 and X for my Firebrand, so I can easily use my tome in my rotation.

However when Playing Holosmith I want F5 to be bound to X for the same reason.

I main Firebrand so my fingers get into habits for how to "transform into DPS mode" and when I swap to Holo I just use a healing toolbelt skill XD

So I would love the option to have differnt keybind for my Holo and my Firebrand and each of my characters. It is a pain to set up in the beginning but quire rewarding overall.

ONLY if there's an option to "keep it the same for everyone" option and it's not the main set up that I have to always change it for every character until I get it right.

I already hate going to PvP maps when I need to at times as it always changes to the default PvP set up when I go in there for the 1st time on a character and pisses me off.

I would prefer it if we could move weapon skill slots around the same way we can with utilitys, just as an example incase I am not clear, if I want to move weapon skill slot 2 to weapon skill slot 5 instead, then I should be able to do that. One of the biggest reasons I would prefer my suggested system to character bound keybinds is that it allows better customization, as example, if I want to always put evade type skills in weapon slot 3 I can and I can then always look at the correct slot to check cooldowns, currently the game has many evades on slot 3 but not all, this is something I find annoying and would like to change.

> @Vavume.8065 said:

> I would prefer it if we could move weapon skill slots around the same way we can with utilitys, just as an example incase I am not clear, if I want to move weapon skill slot 2 to weapon skill slot 5 instead, then I should be able to do that. One of the biggest reasons I would prefer my suggested system to character bound keybinds is that it allows better customization, as example, if I want to always put evade type skills in weapon slot 3 I can and I can then always look at the correct slot to check cooldowns, currently the game has many evades on slot 3 but not all, this is something I find annoying and would like to change.

Would your suggestion also apply to movng the F-Skills? Since that is the main reason I want to customise my keys :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Would love it, but it won't happen. We've been asking for UI customization and loadouts for how long (things that are basic functions in the majority of mmos) and still nothing. This will go the same way, it's unfortunate but that's how it is. If they actually allowed more freedom with the API, players could do the work for them but you know anet.