• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> >

>

> Hey looks like he's using the ghost recon wildlands mod lolol.

>

> We have dodge so they can put in 50k dmg skills, gg anet, won't nerf it so how about giving that love to the other classes, thanks.

>

that 50k hit was the oldest record in that clip[i think, didnt check rank in all clips but in most its higher]. i was told DJ hit harder in PoF beta (wasnt playing gw2 then), so it could be from then especially as he did it with hidden killer wich is a huge damage loss. **so it is already nerfed from then**.

the other hits are more in line with my experience, tho my variant has higher damage potential as i run no quarter instead of hidden killer (91-98% crit chance + object aura [me]vs 100%[him] but i get 250 ferocity extra).

People may dodge but from video it looks like their fingers are not glued to dodge key. After dodge, what then? Rifle hits hard in any case. When comes second DJ, third DJ? Enough dodges left?

I would like to see video where best players are dodging and doing the right thing, but just are overpowered by deadeye. Best would be if video is made by a noob player, just to show what we are experiencing in small scale fights. Our deadeye can easily kill their tough guild players, as seen when we are defending NC of our border.

> @MUDse.7623 said:

> > @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > >

> >

> > Hey looks like he's using the ghost recon wildlands mod lolol.

> >

> > We have dodge so they can put in 50k dmg skills, gg anet, won't nerf it so how about giving that love to the other classes, thanks.

> >

>

>

> that 50k hit was the oldest record in that clip[i think, didnt check rank in all clips but in most its higher]. i was told DJ hit harder in PoF beta (wasnt playing gw2 then), so it could be from then especially as he did it with hidden killer wich is a huge damage loss. **so it is already nerfed from then**.

> the other hits are more in line with my experience, tho my variant has higher damage potential as i run no quarter instead of hidden killer (91-98% crit chance + object aura [me]vs 100%[him] but i get 250 ferocity extra).

In the PoF beta, 1 player hit over 100k on DJ, _in PvP_ where your stats are significantly lower than they are in WvW. And the skill itself wasn't nerfed since then, its still possible to hit those numbers under perfect conditions

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > >

> > >

> > > Hey looks like he's using the ghost recon wildlands mod lolol.

> > >

> > > We have dodge so they can put in 50k dmg skills, gg anet, won't nerf it so how about giving that love to the other classes, thanks.

> > >

> >

> >

> > that 50k hit was the oldest record in that clip[i think, didnt check rank in all clips but in most its higher]. i was told DJ hit harder in PoF beta (wasnt playing gw2 then), so it could be from then especially as he did it with hidden killer wich is a huge damage loss. **so it is already nerfed from then**.

> > the other hits are more in line with my experience, tho my variant has higher damage potential as i run no quarter instead of hidden killer (91-98% crit chance + object aura [me]vs 100%[him] but i get 250 ferocity extra).

>

> In the PoF beta, 1 player hit over 100k on DJ, _in PvP_ where your stats are significantly lower than they are in WvW. And the skill itself wasn't nerfed since then, its still possible to hit those numbers under perfect conditions

that was with alot of external buffs against naked player, i dont think he had more multipliers than i had with my highest hit against a nekro wich was about 44k in WvW so i am not sure how he did 6k dmg more, dont think that opponent hat no/broken armor ?

only thing i can think of is night sigil for 10% more but he still run hidden killer on that shot..

> @Pelto.9364 said:

> People may dodge but from video it looks like their fingers are not glued to dodge key. After dodge, what then? Rifle hits hard in any case. When comes second DJ, third DJ? Enough dodges left?

>

> I would like to see video where best players are dodging and doing the right thing, but just are overpowered by deadeye. Best would be if video is made by a noob player, just to show what we are experiencing in small scale fights. Our deadeye can easily kill their tough guild players, as seen when we are defending NC of our border.

>

If rifle hit hard more than a few thieves would play DE rifle and fewer people would scrap DE alts because rifle does not hit hard in any case.

Second DJ unlikely because they more often then not didn't land the first and now have to use rest of initiative to GTFO. Third DJ never unless someone waits around and lets you for a laugh.

No one is getting overpowered by a Deadeye, if you didn't kill them or chase them off after their first DJ didn't land or got intercepted then what are you doing and why don't you get dropped from your group?

We're mid tier right now and no one is getting hit with DJ, what server lets that become a thing?

Yes it can be stupid to have something have that potential damage even if it's reliability and functionality makes the skill little more than a roleplay prop and there were some better thought out exchanges a page or two back. This kind of overraction and flat out making shit up gets old.

Based on damage modifiers causing the wide range of damage this can put out, I think the only way they'll be able to nerf it without making it absolutely useless for all non-glass builds is if they give it the 'Mug' treatment; don't allow it to crit, and raise the multiplier so they can raise the minimum damage and cap the maximum at a much lower number.

I'm not advocating for this, but realistically, if they decide to nerf the damage, that's the only viable option I see.

> @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> Based on damage modifiers causing the wide range of damage this can put out, I think the only way they'll be able to nerf it without making it absolutely useless for all non-glass builds is if they give it the 'Mug' treatment; don't allow it to crit, and raise the multiplier so they can raise the minimum damage and cap the maximum at a much lower number.

>

> I'm not advocating for this, but realistically, if they decide to nerf the damage, that's the only viable option I see.

then i can play deadeye with soldier stats and be pretty much unkillable :D

> @MUDse.7623 said:

> > @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > Based on damage modifiers causing the wide range of damage this can put out, I think the only way they'll be able to nerf it without making it absolutely useless for all non-glass builds is if they give it the 'Mug' treatment; don't allow it to crit, and raise the multiplier so they can raise the minimum damage and cap the maximum at a much lower number.

> >

> > I'm not advocating for this, but realistically, if they decide to nerf the damage, that's the only viable option I see.

>

> then i can play deadeye with soldier stats and be pretty much unkillable :D

Sorta I guess. All the other skills would be useless though. That would be sort of like making a thief using +Power/CritDmg/Vit and +Power/CritDmg/Toughness and relying on Hidden Killer with Backstab for all your damage.

> @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > > Based on damage modifiers causing the wide range of damage this can put out, I think the only way they'll be able to nerf it without making it absolutely useless for all non-glass builds is if they give it the 'Mug' treatment; don't allow it to crit, and raise the multiplier so they can raise the minimum damage and cap the maximum at a much lower number.

> > >

> > > I'm not advocating for this, but realistically, if they decide to nerf the damage, that's the only viable option I see.

> >

> > then i can play deadeye with soldier stats and be pretty much unkillable :D

>

> Sorta I guess. All the other skills would be useless though. That would be sort of like making a thief using +Power/CritDmg/Vit and +Power/CritDmg/Toughness and relying on Hidden Killer with Backstab for all your damage.

my crit damage during the shot is i think 272% so if you increase the base value and make it not crit i would need probably 2DJ + a few auto but that shouldn be that hard if i am so tanky. also can completly drop critical strikes traitline and add acro for more defense or trickery for more iniative.

you forget that a lot of the multipliers are not from crit i guess

1x 2.05 x 1.21 x 1.1 x 1.05 = 2,86 times the damge without crit. i did 10k+ non crits with DJ..

> @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > > @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > > > Based on damage modifiers causing the wide range of damage this can put out, I think the only way they'll be able to nerf it without making it absolutely useless for all non-glass builds is if they give it the 'Mug' treatment; don't allow it to crit, and raise the multiplier so they can raise the minimum damage and cap the maximum at a much lower number.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not advocating for this, but realistically, if they decide to nerf the damage, that's the only viable option I see.

> > >

> > > then i can play deadeye with soldier stats and be pretty much unkillable :D

> >

> > Sorta I guess. All the other skills would be useless though. That would be sort of like making a thief using +Power/CritDmg/Vit and +Power/CritDmg/Toughness and relying on Hidden Killer with Backstab for all your damage.

>

> my crit damage during the shot is i think 272% so if you increase the base value and make it not crit i would need probably 2DJ + a few auto but that shouldn be that hard if i am so tanky. also can completly drop critical strikes traitline and add acro for more defense or trickery for more iniative.

>

> you forget that a lot of the multipliers are not from crit i guess

> 1x 2.05 x 1.21 x 1.1 x 1.05 = 2,86 times the damge without crit. i did 10k+ non crits with DJ..

I didn't forget, but it still drops it down by a huge amount based on the shot you took. Again, I'm not advocating for it, but that's the only way I could see them reducing the damage because the multiplier isn't excessively high. I don't think it should be changed, but it's going to get complaints until it is.

Running the math from my earlier post where I had your crit damage at 255%

Current:

3.38(1.21×1.05×1.1×2.55×1.07×1.1)=14.177

Hypothetical:

3.38(1.21×1.05×1.1)=4.72

66.7% reduction

So with the removal of crit damage and associated traits they would only have to worry about an a 40% effective increase in the damage (excluding power buffs).

> @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > > > @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > > > > Based on damage modifiers causing the wide range of damage this can put out, I think the only way they'll be able to nerf it without making it absolutely useless for all non-glass builds is if they give it the 'Mug' treatment; don't allow it to crit, and raise the multiplier so they can raise the minimum damage and cap the maximum at a much lower number.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm not advocating for this, but realistically, if they decide to nerf the damage, that's the only viable option I see.

> > > >

> > > > then i can play deadeye with soldier stats and be pretty much unkillable :D

> > >

> > > Sorta I guess. All the other skills would be useless though. That would be sort of like making a thief using +Power/CritDmg/Vit and +Power/CritDmg/Toughness and relying on Hidden Killer with Backstab for all your damage.

> >

> > my crit damage during the shot is i think 272% so if you increase the base value and make it not crit i would need probably 2DJ + a few auto but that shouldn be that hard if i am so tanky. also can completly drop critical strikes traitline and add acro for more defense or trickery for more iniative.

> >

> > you forget that a lot of the multipliers are not from crit i guess

> > 1x 2.05 x 1.21 x 1.1 x 1.05 = 2,86 times the damge without crit. i did 10k+ non crits with DJ..

>

> I didn't forget, but it still drops it down by a huge amount based on the shot you took. Again, I'm not advocating for it, but that's the only way I could see them reducing the damage because the multiplier isn't excessively high. I don't think it should be changed, but it's going to get complaints until it is.

>

> Running the math from my earlier post where I had your crit damage at 255%

>

> Current:

> 3.38(1.21×1.05×1.1×2.55×1.07×1.1)=14.177

>

> Hypothetical:

> 3.38(1.21×1.05×1.1)=4.72

> 66.7% reduction

>

> So with the removal of crit damage and associated traits they would only have to worry about an a 40% effective increase in the damage (excluding power buffs).

>

>

>

in your hypothetical assumption is in that 3.38 already the 105% dmg increse from the skill when shooting at the target ? cause with that 105% increase it is still a 186% increase in damage from base value not just 40%

> @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > > > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > > > > @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > > > > > Based on damage modifiers causing the wide range of damage this can put out, I think the only way they'll be able to nerf it without making it absolutely useless for all non-glass builds is if they give it the 'Mug' treatment; don't allow it to crit, and raise the multiplier so they can raise the minimum damage and cap the maximum at a much lower number.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm not advocating for this, but realistically, if they decide to nerf the damage, that's the only viable option I see.

> > > > >

> > > > > then i can play deadeye with soldier stats and be pretty much unkillable :D

> > > >

> > > > Sorta I guess. All the other skills would be useless though. That would be sort of like making a thief using +Power/CritDmg/Vit and +Power/CritDmg/Toughness and relying on Hidden Killer with Backstab for all your damage.

> > >

> > > my crit damage during the shot is i think 272% so if you increase the base value and make it not crit i would need probably 2DJ + a few auto but that shouldn be that hard if i am so tanky. also can completly drop critical strikes traitline and add acro for more defense or trickery for more iniative.

> > >

> > > you forget that a lot of the multipliers are not from crit i guess

> > > 1x 2.05 x 1.21 x 1.1 x 1.05 = 2,86 times the damge without crit. i did 10k+ non crits with DJ..

> >

> > I didn't forget, but it still drops it down by a huge amount based on the shot you took. Again, I'm not advocating for it, but that's the only way I could see them reducing the damage because the multiplier isn't excessively high. I don't think it should be changed, but it's going to get complaints until it is.

> >

> > Running the math from my earlier post where I had your crit damage at 255%

> >

> > Current:

> > 3.38(1.21×1.05×1.1×2.55×1.07×1.1)=14.177

> >

> > Hypothetical:

> > 3.38(1.21×1.05×1.1)=4.72

> > 66.7% reduction

> >

> > So with the removal of crit damage and associated traits they would only have to worry about an a 40% effective increase in the damage (excluding power buffs).

> >

> >

> >

>

> in your hypothetical assumption is in that 3.38 already the 105% dmg increse from the skill when shooting at the target ? cause with that 105% increase it is still a 186% increase in damage from base value not just 40%

It includes the 105% increase.

1.65×(1+1.05)=3.3825.

> @Maugetarr.6823 said:

>

>

> > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > > > @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > > > > > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > > > > > @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > > > > > > Based on damage modifiers causing the wide range of damage this can put out, I think the only way they'll be able to nerf it without making it absolutely useless for all non-glass builds is if they give it the 'Mug' treatment; don't allow it to crit, and raise the multiplier so they can raise the minimum damage and cap the maximum at a much lower number.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm not advocating for this, but realistically, if they decide to nerf the damage, that's the only viable option I see.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > then i can play deadeye with soldier stats and be pretty much unkillable :D

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorta I guess. All the other skills would be useless though. That would be sort of like making a thief using +Power/CritDmg/Vit and +Power/CritDmg/Toughness and relying on Hidden Killer with Backstab for all your damage.

> > > >

> > > > my crit damage during the shot is i think 272% so if you increase the base value and make it not crit i would need probably 2DJ + a few auto but that shouldn be that hard if i am so tanky. also can completly drop critical strikes traitline and add acro for more defense or trickery for more iniative.

> > > >

> > > > you forget that a lot of the multipliers are not from crit i guess

> > > > 1x 2.05 x 1.21 x 1.1 x 1.05 = 2,86 times the damge without crit. i did 10k+ non crits with DJ..

> > >

> > > I didn't forget, but it still drops it down by a huge amount based on the shot you took. Again, I'm not advocating for it, but that's the only way I could see them reducing the damage because the multiplier isn't excessively high. I don't think it should be changed, but it's going to get complaints until it is.

> > >

> > > Running the math from my earlier post where I had your crit damage at 255%

> > >

> > > Current:

> > > 3.38(1.21×1.05×1.1×2.55×1.07×1.1)=14.177

> > >

> > > Hypothetical:

> > > 3.38(1.21×1.05×1.1)=4.72

> > > 66.7% reduction

> > >

> > > So with the removal of crit damage and associated traits they would only have to worry about an a 40% effective increase in the damage (excluding power buffs).

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > in your hypothetical assumption is in that 3.38 already the 105% dmg increse from the skill when shooting at the target ? cause with that 105% increase it is still a 186% increase in damage from base value not just 40%

>

> It includes the 105% increase.

> 1.65×(1+1.05)=3.3825.

>

>

but you have to show that with either base or M5 value cause M7 is a traitchoice as well.

> @MUDse.7623 said:

> >

> >

> > > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > > > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > > > > @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > > > > > > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > > > > > > @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > > > > > > > Based on damage modifiers causing the wide range of damage this can put out, I think the only way they'll be able to nerf it without making it absolutely useless for all non-glass builds is if they give it the 'Mug' treatment; don't allow it to crit, and raise the multiplier so they can raise the minimum damage and cap the maximum at a much lower number.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm not advocating for this, but realistically, if they decide to nerf the damage, that's the only viable option I see.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > then i can play deadeye with soldier stats and be pretty much unkillable :D

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sorta I guess. All the other skills would be useless though. That would be sort of like making a thief using +Power/CritDmg/Vit and +Power/CritDmg/Toughness and relying on Hidden Killer with Backstab for all your damage.

> > > > >

> > > > > my crit damage during the shot is i think 272% so if you increase the base value and make it not crit i would need probably 2DJ + a few auto but that shouldn be that hard if i am so tanky. also can completly drop critical strikes traitline and add acro for more defense or trickery for more iniative.

> > > > >

> > > > > you forget that a lot of the multipliers are not from crit i guess

> > > > > 1x 2.05 x 1.21 x 1.1 x 1.05 = 2,86 times the damge without crit. i did 10k+ non crits with DJ..

> > > >

> > > > I didn't forget, but it still drops it down by a huge amount based on the shot you took. Again, I'm not advocating for it, but that's the only way I could see them reducing the damage because the multiplier isn't excessively high. I don't think it should be changed, but it's going to get complaints until it is.

> > > >

> > > > Running the math from my earlier post where I had your crit damage at 255%

> > > >

> > > > Current:

> > > > 3.38(1.21×1.05×1.1×2.55×1.07×1.1)=14.177

> > > >

> > > > Hypothetical:

> > > > 3.38(1.21×1.05×1.1)=4.72

> > > > 66.7% reduction

> > > >

> > > > So with the removal of crit damage and associated traits they would only have to worry about an a 40% effective increase in the damage (excluding power buffs).

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > in your hypothetical assumption is in that 3.38 already the 105% dmg increse from the skill when shooting at the target ? cause with that 105% increase it is still a 186% increase in damage from base value not just 40%

> >

> > It includes the 105% increase.

> > 1.65×(1+1.05)=3.3825.

> >

> >

>

> but you have to show that with either base or M5 value cause M7 is a traitchoice as well.

I've been basing it on worst case scenario using M7 for most of the calculations. At 5 malice, base damage is 2.8875, so using that, you'd end up at 3.83.

(2.88(1.15×1.05×1.1)=3.825) a 33% increase.

Try to use the full zerker schoolar glass canon deadeye and see what happens. It is hard to get the perfect setup for one shorting anyone. If you run DE, deadly arts and critical strikes you have little initiative and pretty much zero defense. Wasting shadowstep to position yourself for the shot makes it almost impossible to escape if it fails or if other player attack you.

Notice how most those DE montages only show the short duration kills and cut right after.

> @xDudisx.5914 said:

> Try to use the full zerker schoolar glass canon deadeye and see what happens. It is hard to get the perfect setup for one shorting anyone. If you run DE, deadly arts and critical strikes you have little initiative and pretty much zero defense. Wasting shadowstep to position yourself for the shot makes it almost impossible to escape if it fails or if other player attack you.

>

> Notice how most those DE montages only show the short duration kills and cut right after.

>

>

i do run full berserk DE but shadow arts instead of deadly arts. the 200 power from revealed training is not worth giving up the suriviability you get from shadow arts and you still can oneshot pretty much most builds - only tanky ones while they have either protection up or rune of durability proc wont drop. and you can escape easily in most cases if you use clever positioning and dont shoot when they can instant counter burst on your position.

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > > @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > >

> > >

> > > Hey looks like he's using the ghost recon wildlands mod lolol.

> > >

> > > We have dodge so they can put in 50k dmg skills, gg anet, won't nerf it so how about giving that love to the other classes, thanks.

> > >

> >

> >

> > that 50k hit was the oldest record in that clip[i think, didnt check rank in all clips but in most its higher]. i was told DJ hit harder in PoF beta (wasnt playing gw2 then), so it could be from then especially as he did it with hidden killer wich is a huge damage loss. **so it is already nerfed from then**.

> > the other hits are more in line with my experience, tho my variant has higher damage potential as i run no quarter instead of hidden killer (91-98% crit chance + object aura [me]vs 100%[him] but i get 250 ferocity extra).

>

> In the PoF beta, 1 player hit over 100k on DJ, _in PvP_ where your stats are significantly lower than they are in WvW. And the skill itself wasn't nerfed since then, its still possible to hit those numbers under perfect conditions

Go do it in pvp, record it and upload here or just stop talking about things you have no idea about <.<

> @TwilightSoul.9048 said:

> > @xDudisx.5914 said:

> > It is easier to get insta killed by a mesmer than a deadeye.

>

> Especially since there are like 2 Deadeyes across all servers or so. (I'm not beeing serious, but there really aren't many deadeyes out there and out of the few there are even less that know what their doing and out of those few that are actually a threat.. well THEN you could still pay attention to when you're marked)

> Daredevils bother me a lot more especially when I'm on Ele - they just keep dodging, stealthing and running away, it's so annoying, I wish Ele had access to reveal. But yeah if they're gonna nerf something let it be conditions in WvW please.

This is very true. Ever since ANet made it the way that only the marked target receives the bonus damage from Malice stacks on DJ even those with just the brain of a chicken realize there is a threat and they should focus on that. Chasing a marked target with DE's limited mobility (in most cases) is useless (if you really want to be the sneaky type, you just cannot). From this perspective they rendered the class useless. I can snipe targets a lot more efficiently with my Druid than my Deadeye because even when you're on higher ground the longbow range exceeds that of the rifle allowing me to hit targets way above 1.5k range.

It's no longer Deadeye, it's Deadmeat.

> @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> Warrior Rifle Burst skill is pretty similar to that...

You can't really get close to those end product numbers anymore though, and a warrior who sacrifices everything to try will need a support team or a tower, otherwise he's just begging to be dumpstered.

> @"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > May i also add 30k-50k+ damage after the 'fix' as well.

> > Thief player, ' **its kinda broken ( too broken ) but its funny that you can 1 shot people and stay perma stealth all the time** '

> > (Yup! Things are better and better than ever, with more build diversity and with more balancing...Spectacular!!)

> > Enjoy

> >

> >

> >

>

> not even using executioner. -_- but kitten shadow-arts

>

> this kitten game. the balance is so kitten bad people actually support kitten crap like cause of petty reasons like well since other classes are op in the past it's our time. holding a kitten grudge. I mean they sure as hell won't shut up about scourges or spellbreakers or guardians. but god no. will there be any actuall kitten people looking at thier own reflection. nah ofcourse not. this is prevalant in all classes.

>

> Such a load of kitten crap. acting like poor deadeye has it so difficultt. all u need to be is not be an mentally kitten piece of kitten and u can actually reliable oneshot people.

>

> This is why i get so kitten triggered by this kitten game.

All u need to be is not be an mentally kitten piece of kitten and u can actually reliably counter the dj easly.

@mod: I literally ctrl+c, strl+v'ed sentence from above, so if magically my post is offensive enough to get deleted, then you should also delete the one I've quoted, right? Right. Nice moderating though.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @Kirin.7306 said:

> > > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > > Warrior Rifle Burst skill is pretty similar to that...

> >

> > You can see the warrior though.

>

> Yeah. That does help. The 12-21 seconds you have a big red mark on you with DE doesn't help at all. You should be able to see that thief the whole time.

The marker is the big problem.

"Marked? too bad! run away fro 16 miles or get 1 shot to the thief who is perma stealthed."