22k Deaths Judgement After the "fix"

ArmageddonAsh.6430

> @Sobx.1758 said:

> > @"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

> > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > May i also add 30k-50k+ damage after the 'fix' as well.

> > > Thief player, ' **its kinda broken ( too broken ) but its funny that you can 1 shot people and stay perma stealth all the time** '

> > > (Yup! Things are better and better than ever, with more build diversity and with more balancing...Spectacular!!)

> > > Enjoy

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > not even using executioner. -_- but kitten shadow-arts

> >

> > this kitten game. the balance is so kitten bad people actually support kitten crap like cause of petty reasons like well since other classes are op in the past it's our time. holding a kitten grudge. I mean they sure as hell won't shut up about scourges or spellbreakers or guardians. but god no. will there be any actuall kitten people looking at thier own reflection. nah ofcourse not. this is prevalant in all classes.

> >

> > Such a load of kitten crap. acting like poor deadeye has it so difficultt. all u need to be is not be an mentally kitten piece of kitten and u can actually reliable oneshot people.

> >

> > This is why i get so kitten triggered by this kitten game.

>

> All u need to be is not be an mentally kitten piece of kitten and u can actually reliably counter the dj easly.

>

>

> ________________________________

> @mod: I literally ctrl+c, strl+v'ed sentence from above, so if magically my post is offensive enough to get deleted, then you should also delete the one I've quoted, right? Right. Nice moderating though.

The true cancer of this game is the condi and invulnerabilities. Oddly enough everyone complains about deadeyes, but everything we do can easily be dodged, blocked, and reflected, which is silly if you think of it - dodge and reflect bullets? Congrats, we're in the Matrix now.

Just fought a warrior with my deadeye. The guy was permanently invulnerable, dodged and reflected everything but that seems to be totally in order. Since when is a class allowed to be invulnerable? No class should be immortal. I say remove invulnerability from every single class in the game to make it fair and square.

Warriors in a nutshell:

- great mobility (with the right setup it's very hard to catch a warrior depending on class and setup, but mostly it can be a problem)

- invulnerability

- blocks

- stuns

- regen

- condi resistance

- stability

- high damage

- handles all weapons

- reduced weapon swap charges

what did I miss? this is ok? is this really ok?!

So ANet's definition of balance is to make some classes have everything and others nothing. No wonder every noob resorts to playing this or Dragonhunter since these two virtually require no brain to play. You can just stand in the middle of a group and not die. I've seen warriors kiting entire groups and hardly losing health. THIS IS NOT OK, ANET! FINALLY DEAL WITH THIS CRAP. I'm sick and tired of this shit.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Inoki.6048 said:

> Just fought a warrior with my deadeye. The guy was permanently invulnerable, dodged and reflected everything but that seems to be totally in order. Since when is a class allowed to be invulnerable? No class should be immortal. I say remove invulnerability from every single class in the game to make it fair and square.

>

> Warriors in a nutshell:

> - great mobility (with the right setup it's very hard to catch a warrior depending on class and setup, but mostly it can be a problem)

> - invulnerability

> - blocks

> - stuns

> - regen

> - condi resistance

> - stability

> - high damage

> - handles all weapons

> - reduced weapon swap charges

>

> what did I miss? this is ok? is this really ok?!

>

> So ANet's definition of balance is to make some classes have everything and others nothing. No wonder every noob resorts to playing this or Dragonhunter since these two virtually require no brain to play. You can just stand in the middle of a group and not die. I've seen warriors kiting entire groups and hardly losing health. THIS IS NOT OK, ANET! FINALLY DEAL WITH THIS CRAP. I'm sick and tired of this kitten.

Lol, wut?

You might need to do a little more research into warrior... as a deadeye, you have stealth that far outlasts a warrior's invulns. If you see an EP go off, just stay away from the warrior until it's done. They're on 60s cds.

Also, how is a thief main complaining about another class having too strong of a kiting game?

You should change your name from Inoki to Irony.

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> Also, how is a thief main complaining about another class having too strong of a kiting game?

thats same as scourges complaining about deadeye damage -. wonder why i am top DPS in zerg on my rev (who seems to be fine hitting 10-20k+ AoE) but not on my deadeye..

For pete's sake, just play one. Go out there and light everybody up! If it's as bad as you say, you'll drive everybody off the battlefield.

The reality is that those montages show the best plays, not the full story. I'm not knocking them, they are fun to watch, but you're deriving an argument from anecdotes. Go play one and try it yourself.

-Jeff

> @jaif.3518 said:

> For pete's sake, just play one. Go out there and light everybody up! If it's as bad as you say, you'll drive everybody off the battlefield.

>

> The reality is that those montages show the best plays, not the full story. I'm not knocking them, they are fun to watch, but you're deriving an argument from anecdotes. Go play one and try it yourself.

>

> -Jeff

Oh, I already tried giving complainers this idea. Sadly they'll treat your post like it's... invisible.

I'm sorry :neutral:

> @jaif.3518 said:

> For pete's sake, just play one. Go out there and light everybody up! If it's as bad as you say, you'll drive everybody off the battlefield.

>

> The reality is that those montages show the best plays, not the full story. I'm not knocking them, they are fun to watch, but you're deriving an argument from anecdotes. Go play one and try it yourself.

>

> -Jeff

where is the solution by doing this?

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @jaif.3518 said:

> > For pete's sake, just play one. Go out there and light everybody up! If it's as bad as you say, you'll drive everybody off the battlefield.

> >

> > The reality is that those montages show the best plays, not the full story. I'm not knocking them, they are fun to watch, but you're deriving an argument from anecdotes. Go play one and try it yourself.

> >

> > -Jeff

>

> where is the solution by doing this?

If acted upon it would potentially stop the complaining. The whiners would try it and immediately fail, then hopefully realize it's not that easy a feat. But even then they will probably continue to complain, choosing to believe that these invulnerable, invisible death machines can just press a button and delete their opponents on command.

> @TwiceDead.1963 said:

> People actually get killed by this? Despite the 20s warning and all the tells on-top?

>

> This is a pure l2p issue, nothing more.

There are still some that stay within range and wait for death at an early age, but lately I've been witness to whenever people have been marked they instantly teleported to safety. And this started happening far too often for my taste.

It's no fun to spend sometimes a good chunk of time finding someone in WvW and when you do the moment you mark them they teleport. Or, considering that building up Malice takes half a minute and your opponent has good mobility you can never make the shot.

As a Deadeye main I have to conclude, that this spec isn't suitable for this game, not with how it's designed with all the tells and faint range for a rifle with a scope. It doesn't need a makeover, it needs to be removed, along with invulnerabilities from all classes, and also the Dragonhunter spec. needs to go.

It all seemed like a good idea, but it's all terrible design.

> @Inoki.6048 said:

> > @TwiceDead.1963 said:

> > People actually get killed by this? Despite the 20s warning and all the tells on-top?

> >

> > This is a pure l2p issue, nothing more.

>

> There are still some that stay within range and wait for death at an early age, but lately I've been witness to whenever people have been marked they instantly teleported to safety. And this started happening far too often for my taste.

>

> It's no fun to spend sometimes a good chunk of time finding someone in WvW and when you do the moment you mark them they teleport. Or, considering that building up Malice takes half a minute and your opponent has good mobility you can never make the shot.

>

> As a Deadeye main I have to conclude, that this spec isn't suitable for this game, not with how it's designed with all the tells and faint range for a rifle with a scope. It doesn't need a makeover, it needs to be removed, along with invulnerabilities from all classes, and also the Dragonhunter spec. needs to go.

>

> It all seemed like a good idea, but it's all terrible design.

As Deadeye with Rifle you should be tearing through Dragonhunters. Why do you dislike them?

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @jaif.3518 said:

> > For pete's sake, just play one. Go out there and light everybody up! If it's as bad as you say, you'll drive everybody off the battlefield.

> >

> > The reality is that those montages show the best plays, not the full story. I'm not knocking them, they are fun to watch, but you're deriving an argument from anecdotes. Go play one and try it yourself.

> >

> > -Jeff

>

> where is the solution by doing this?

In my experience through many MMOs, bandwagon-hopping is the number 1 way to get something OP noticed. In guild wars 2, especially, coming up to speed with a new build in WvW is trivial compared to other games (that's the intention), so by all means jump aboard the snipe train and have at it.

Given these forums, the population will soon be all scourges, spellbreakers, mesmers, and deadeyes. The devs will notice that.

-Jeff

you guys are all wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

it is only your fault if you take 22k Deaths Judgement, you pretend to use a build who do something else than stay alive, that is U T O P I C.

you definetly do not have the proper build, if you do not belive me just try it!! i play with 30k armor and 200k hp and for me Deaths Judgement is not a problem.

Or you can also try /iddqd that also works.

> @ilmau.9781 said:

> you guys are all wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

>

> it is only your fault if you take 22k Deaths Judgement, you pretend to use a build who do something else than stay alive, that is U T O P I C.

>

> you definetly do not have the proper build, if you do not belive me just try it!! i play with 30k armor and 200k hp and for me Deaths Judgement is not a problem.

>

> Or you can also try /iddqd that also works.

but that's the thing. they don't actually care about skill or fucking trying to increase the health off the game. these ''skill full thief ''players who complain about bieng a sole fetchboy in conquest and passive, shit, this and passive shit that, don't actually care. when they get a clearly unhealthy skill.

it's either l2p, or deflection, or hold grudge.

but lordie oh lord.

watch them be the first to line up when a warrior or guardian is fucking op again in the next expansion.(they already did) they will line up all neatly and talk about skill and that oh so sad unhindered combatant.

> @"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

> > @ilmau.9781 said:

> > you guys are all wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

> >

> > it is only your fault if you take 22k Deaths Judgement, you pretend to use a build who do something else than stay alive, that is U T O P I C.

> >

> > you definetly do not have the proper build, if you do not belive me just try it!! i play with 30k armor and 200k hp and for me Deaths Judgement is not a problem.

> >

> > Or you can also try /iddqd that also works.

>

> but that's the thing. they don't actually care about skill or kitten trying to increase the health off the game. these ''skill full thief ''players who complain about bieng a sole fetchboy in conquest and passive, kitten, this and passive kitten that, don't actually care. when they get a clearly unhealthy skill.

>

> it's either l2p, or deflection, or hold grudge.

>

> but lordie oh lord.

>

> watch them be the first to line up when a warrior or guardian is kitten op again in the next expansion.(they already did) they will line up all neatly and talk about skill and that oh so sad unhindered combatant.

>

>

you talk alot about having skill and not having skill - would you please explain to me what you consider skill? i got skill 1-0 + f1 + f2.

is skill for you the ability to react fast , to react right, to know what your opponent can do and be prepared for every possibilty, to outplay your opponent (that is mainly done by build choise and resource management tho) - what is it really?

it probably does not require skill to use DJ on max malice, landing it requires luck and a stupid/afk opponent tho. but fighting a decent opponent no matter your or his build you will need a certain level of skill.

I think they need to tone down the damage, alot. I know its telegraphed, and the thief has to be squishy to get these obscene numbers, but there has to be a way to nerf the damage and give the thief something in return.

Today i got hit with one of these DJs. I was full zerk, , but that doesnt matter. I got the mark on me, and the thief never showed..not once. Stayed invisible for 10+ seconds (maybe more, i was juking and jiving trying to anticipate). Of course i was out in the open, no cover, and the thief managed to stay ahead of me in stealth. Bam. 31k one shot. I screen shot it. 31k is stupid damage for one lone hit.

> @Turk.5460 said:

> > @Inoki.6048 said:

> > > @TwiceDead.1963 said:

> > > People actually get killed by this? Despite the 20s warning and all the tells on-top?

> > >

> > > This is a pure l2p issue, nothing more.

> >

> > There are still some that stay within range and wait for death at an early age, but lately I've been witness to whenever people have been marked they instantly teleported to safety. And this started happening far too often for my taste.

> >

> > It's no fun to spend sometimes a good chunk of time finding someone in WvW and when you do the moment you mark them they teleport. Or, considering that building up Malice takes half a minute and your opponent has good mobility you can never make the shot.

> >

> > As a Deadeye main I have to conclude, that this spec isn't suitable for this game, not with how it's designed with all the tells and faint range for a rifle with a scope. It doesn't need a makeover, it needs to be removed, along with invulnerabilities from all classes, and also the Dragonhunter spec. needs to go.

> >

> > It all seemed like a good idea, but it's all terrible design.

>

> As Deadeye with Rifle you should be tearing through Dragonhunters. Why do you dislike them?

It's not about having issues killing something. My average hit is 30k without bloodlust and might stacks, the highest I hit someone for was anywhere between 45 - 49k. The problem is the design and that I just don't see these specs fit the game.

Besides, people only complain about numbers, but no one ever considers how much effort has to be put in to deliver a killing blow considering the fact that even the slightest disparity in terrain can render one immune to DJ. For me personally, the only ones I have issues killing are condi thieves with a ton of dodges. ANet haven't really nerfed anything with the dodge on DD since they introduced food that enhances stamina regeneration. They still dodge like crazy.

I iterated Dragonhunters be removed from the game since they were introduced. That spec is just a mixture / bloody mess of everything in the game.

Each class should have something very unique so that it's also more desired in a composition, but if you introduce classes like a Dragonhunter that has something from nearly every class and other classes are severely lacking on many fronts, that's poor game design. Then you will get what you see - most people resort to playing classes like Warriors and Guardians, or whichever can currently be exploited the most and is easiest to play, requires minimum thinking and minimizes the skill gap between a noob and an experienced player.

Frankly, I see very few Deadeyes and when I meet one they hardly know what they are doing, mainly because once someone starts to play a Deadeye they quickly realise that it's far from what most consider just "oh but you just stealth and press one button". Technically, yer, it comes down to that, but the amount of preparation needed for that is not something most want to put up with in this game. It requires a lot of patience and perfect timing.

My build, I am paper. I go down in one hit by anything and any event is a matter of life and death in one hit. Either my opponent dies in one hit, or I die in one hit. And this people refuse to understand.

Thief, especially Deadeye is amongst one of the most tactical classes to play because you have to plan a lot. Classes like warriors and scourges are just button spam.

This thread is honestly hilarious. I agree permastealth is annoying but DJ and deadeye in general isn't even close to broken, you realize there's a giant orange line that warns you when its coming and you have a dodge button, blocks, reflects, and so on. I've never died to a deadeye while roaming I don't think, most of them are basically free kills if they're by themselves, though they are really annoying to deal with if they plus one a fight you're already in.

I hardly even play deadeye so it's not like I'm biased or anything.

I've only died to two really good deadeyes, the rest of every encounter mostly ends with a deadeye dead or trying to escape because i just have to use the terrain around me, dodge, look for tells, etc. Of course it is harder when they are +1'ing but that can go for anything really. I think I'm beginning to see more kalla revs than deadeye lately lol. I still want them to change the laser to something huge like prime light beam so there's no more reason to complain plus it looks awesome.

there are far worse builds than a extremmely squishy deadeye.... if some lady just kisses it he will die due how fragile it is...

comapred with some higher surviability w/o stealth that do alot of damage on heavy hits or bursts continuasly...

Deadeyey damage is op when targets have lots of vulnerability, yes it is not hard to achieve broken values and probably needs to be toned down, but is not the worse of the buids to fight against.

(EDIT)

i sugest, make classes crit damage work like crit chance from 0, and max to 100% with gear, but also allow players to bypass the 100% with boons and food.

> @Aeolus.3615 said:

> there are far worse builds than a extremmely squishy deadeye.... if some lady just kisses it he will die due how fragile it is...

> comapred with some higher surviability w/o stealth that do alot of damage on heavy hits or bursts continuasly...

>

> Deadeyey damage is op when targets have lots of vulnerability, yes it is not hard to achieve broken values, but is not the worse of the buids to fight against.

That's true I've saved some of my super secret sauce builds on each class for a rainy day (and it's raining this whole time) so it goes undetected cos of stuff like this.

I'm definitely in the learn to play camp with this issue. I'm sorry, but the vast majority of what I play is PvP and WvW and I've yet to be one shot with DJ. Even before I knew what it was I knew that tracer following me meant something bad. What did I do? I fled the scene and regrouped. It's the equivalent of standing in a red AoE circle. Pay attention to what's going on, it's obvious, and don't just stare at your screen and mash whatever buttons are off cooldown.

I think they might have done something without letting us know.

I didn't change my setup, a few days ago I still one shot any class wearing any armour for an average of 30k, yesterday I went against a number of different opponents on different classes, repeated the same procedure, but somehow the damage even with 7 Malice stacks and over 3.5k power, 230% ferocity and 100% accuracy constantly ranged only between 7 - 9k even on close range and no narrow terrain, resulting in barely scratching some classes. all of these people were also shot from behind or the side for increased damage. none of those folks had protection or other buffs on them. they weren't shielded by siege or other ppl.

can someone confirm? either they nerfed our damage to the ground or increased the RNG. I have a feeling something has been changed because it's not normal that one day you one shoot anything for an average of 30k and another after some patches the damage doesn't go above 9k no matter what you do and I'm also talking about classes like paper mesmers. (no mobility, no vit, no toughness, very limited condi cleanse, no stability = just dead meat)

> @Inoki.6048 said:

> I think they might have done something without letting us know.

>

> I didn't change my setup, a few days ago I still one shot any class wearing any armour for an average of 30k, yesterday I went against a number of different opponents on different classes, repeated the same procedure, but somehow the damage even with 7 Malice stacks and over 3.5k power, 230% ferocity and 100% accuracy constantly ranged only between 7 - 9k even on close range and no narrow terrain, resulting in barely scratching some classes. all of these people were also shot from behind or the side for increased damage. none of those folks had protection or other buffs on them. they weren't shielded by siege or other ppl.

>

> can someone confirm? either they nerfed our damage to the ground or increased the RNG. I have a feeling something has been changed because it's not normal that one day you one shoot anything for an average of 30k and another after some patches the damage doesn't go above 9k no matter what you do and I'm also talking about classes like paper mesmers. (no mobility, no vit, no toughness, very limited condi cleanse, no stability = just dead meat)

i still do my high numbers today, only one that low was cause i failed and the bullet was shot with 7 malice but arrived with 0 :D