22k Deaths Judgement After the "fix"

ArmageddonAsh.6430

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> Likewise it bewilders me why so many people are so ok with a mechanic that one shots players if they make a single mistake. No single hit should be doing enough damage to down players from 100% health. Period. That's not ok to have them be instantly downed due to a **single mistake.**

Single mistake lol? 12-15 sec is huge time window in pvp/wvw. You can do myriad mistakes in this time and still be ok lol. If after such long time with so many tells you are still messing around then you deserve to die tbh. Have you tried to play an actual fps where good sniper will instantly kill you without any tell lol?

Single mistake.... hahaha.... today's forums are funny.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand where the thought no single hit should down a player from 100% health comes from. Who said that is the rules of the game? Given the 12 seconds or however long to respond. In fact longer if you encounter the player and see they are a deadeye. I typically expect all the things of a deadeye when I see a deadeye going into the fight. Anyway who said no single hit shouldn't down a player? This is a glass cannon, that's their entire purpose. A non glass warrior can down me in maybe 3 or so hits pretty quickly. They have damage and sustain. Why should a glass cannon sniper not have a set up skill to down someone in one hit? Who said your judgment of fairness is the right one? It's not logical to me at all. It is entirely a subjective statement

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> Likewise it bewilders me why so many people are so ok with a mechanic that one shots players if they make a single mistake. No single hit should be doing enough damage to down players from 100% health. Period. That's not ok to have them be instantly downed due to a single mistake.

well you should not be surprised because the majority of the people in every game look towards the victory based on the easiest way.

That's also why when roaming you see most of the players play thieves - because it is the easiest way to roam.

Although there is also a minority who strive to improve their skill & perception of the game. (that is actually a general mentality in life)

So in the end and as in life the dumb people stay dumb, the smart people who challenge themselves continuously progress.

> @Sasajoe.1509 said:

> > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > Likewise it bewilders me why so many people are so ok with a mechanic that one shots players if they make a single mistake. No single hit should be doing enough damage to down players from 100% health. Period. That's not ok to have them be instantly downed due to a single mistake.

>

> well you should not be surprised because the majority of the people in every game look towards the victory based on the easiest way.

> That's also why when roaming you see most of the players play thieves - because it is the easiest way to roam.

>

> Although there is also a minority who strive to improve their skill & perception of the game. (that is actually a general mentality in life)

>

> So in the end and as in life the kitten people stay kitten, the smart people who challenge themselves continuously progress.

>

>

I think everybody understand now that u really do not like thief. You think it is OP in everything the games offers which is a lie. Thief has no place in any Grp Actitivity pvp wise and that since a long time. The class passion is Roaming and there are other classes which are also good in this aspect and even better because they are also playable in zergfights ect. Would you take the roaming aspect of this class it would be useless and could entirely deleted from the game. And it is really pathetic to see your anti thief crusade when there is the worst meta since rls of this game and thief is noway a part of that meta.

> @Chaba.5410 said:

> > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > All of that damage, all 22k of it, came from a single hit from death's judgement.

> > > > >

> > > > > No it didn't. It came from bonuses applied by stealth traits and Deadeye's Mark malice stacks which take over 12 seconds to accumulate to high enough stacks to provide one-shot capability. Player had more than enough time and warning to do something effective against the shot including kiting away.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > LOL you can't even deny that the damage all came from a single hit. Go on, show me how that damage comes from multiple hits. Do it. I'm waiting.

> > >

> > > Use the damage formula published on the wiki without including the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark to explain how Death's Judgement can one-shot someone. I'm waiting.

> >

> > You have kitten screenshots of a single hit from deaths judgement doing that much damage. You guys are in some extreme denial in this thread.

>

> Of which no one else but you is ignoring the other skills/traits which required waiting at least 12 long seconds to produce that high number. No one can get that high of a number from Death's Judgement without the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark. Only you are trying to compare waiting 12 seconds of a highly telegraphed mark to a quick multi-hit combo burst of mesmer skills where opponents aren't given anywhere near the same amount of time to react.

Yeah and one has perma-stealth, ignore the reveal mechanic and has 1500 range while the other has 11 sec stealth, has to deal with reveal making him a sitting duck as soon as he misses the combo and has to be right beside you to instagib.

> @"Keitaro Dragonheart.9047" said:

> I'm starting to think this is little more than bad players looking for easy kills. It's the same way with every rogue-type class in every game ever; bad players can't handle being ganked because they weren't paying attention, so they kick, and scream, and cry until they get the class nerfed.

In RvR/open world PvP game modes rogue classes attract bad players like flies to shit, because in that situation they are ez-mode due to "stealth", in-combat stealth, and put the skill emphasis on the other players and often let players escape even when they screw up (appeals to the PvE hero), these bads then cry if the crutches they rely on get nerfed or countered.

And let's face it, actual skilled players are not playing shit tier open world PvP in MMORPGs, because as far as 'skilled PvP' goes things like this are a joke, even more so the notion of "skilled" ganking (on any classs) which in a game like this often simply means some guy on a roaming build rolling face across keyboard against some guy on a zerg build.

But back to the topic, I don't really see the problem with deadeye, seems kind of crappy to me, I guess in part because they've tried to offset the broken aspects of thief ("stealth", silly mobility) with a huge tell and the whole kneeling thing.

> @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

> > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > > > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > > All of that damage, all 22k of it, came from a single hit from death's judgement.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No it didn't. It came from bonuses applied by stealth traits and Deadeye's Mark malice stacks which take over 12 seconds to accumulate to high enough stacks to provide one-shot capability. Player had more than enough time and warning to do something effective against the shot including kiting away.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > LOL you can't even deny that the damage all came from a single hit. Go on, show me how that damage comes from multiple hits. Do it. I'm waiting.

> > > >

> > > > Use the damage formula published on the wiki without including the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark to explain how Death's Judgement can one-shot someone. I'm waiting.

> > >

> > > You have kitten screenshots of a single hit from deaths judgement doing that much damage. You guys are in some extreme denial in this thread.

> >

> > Of which no one else but you is ignoring the other skills/traits which required waiting at least 12 long seconds to produce that high number. No one can get that high of a number from Death's Judgement without the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark. Only you are trying to compare waiting 12 seconds of a highly telegraphed mark to a quick multi-hit combo burst of mesmer skills where opponents aren't given anywhere near the same amount of time to react.

>

> Yeah and one has perma-stealth, ignore the reveal mechanic and has 1500 range while the other has 11 sec stealth, has to deal with reveal making him a sitting duck as soon as he misses the combo and has to be right beside you to instagib.

So.., you haven't played DE then. Got it.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

> > > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > > > > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > > > All of that damage, all 22k of it, came from a single hit from death's judgement.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No it didn't. It came from bonuses applied by stealth traits and Deadeye's Mark malice stacks which take over 12 seconds to accumulate to high enough stacks to provide one-shot capability. Player had more than enough time and warning to do something effective against the shot including kiting away.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > LOL you can't even deny that the damage all came from a single hit. Go on, show me how that damage comes from multiple hits. Do it. I'm waiting.

> > > > >

> > > > > Use the damage formula published on the wiki without including the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark to explain how Death's Judgement can one-shot someone. I'm waiting.

> > > >

> > > > You have kitten screenshots of a single hit from deaths judgement doing that much damage. You guys are in some extreme denial in this thread.

> > >

> > > Of which no one else but you is ignoring the other skills/traits which required waiting at least 12 long seconds to produce that high number. No one can get that high of a number from Death's Judgement without the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark. Only you are trying to compare waiting 12 seconds of a highly telegraphed mark to a quick multi-hit combo burst of mesmer skills where opponents aren't given anywhere near the same amount of time to react.

> >

> > Yeah and one has perma-stealth, ignore the reveal mechanic and has 1500 range while the other has 11 sec stealth, has to deal with reveal making him a sitting duck as soon as he misses the combo and has to be right beside you to instagib.

>

> So.., you haven't played DE then. Got it.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

> > > > > > > > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > > > > > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > > > > All of that damage, all 22k of it, came from a single hit from death's judgement.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No it didn't. It came from bonuses applied by stealth traits and Deadeye's Mark malice stacks which take over 12 seconds to accumulate to high enough stacks to provide one-shot capability. Player had more than enough time and warning to do something effective against the shot including kiting away.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > LOL you can't even deny that the damage all came from a single hit. Go on, show me how that damage comes from multiple hits. Do it. I'm waiting.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Use the damage formula published on the wiki without including the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark to explain how Death's Judgement can one-shot someone. I'm waiting.

> > > > >

> > > > > You have kitten screenshots of a single hit from deaths judgement doing that much damage. You guys are in some extreme denial in this thread.

> > > >

> > > > Of which no one else but you is ignoring the other skills/traits which required waiting at least 12 long seconds to produce that high number. No one can get that high of a number from Death's Judgement without the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark. Only you are trying to compare waiting 12 seconds of a highly telegraphed mark to a quick multi-hit combo burst of mesmer skills where opponents aren't given anywhere near the same amount of time to react.

> > >

> > > Yeah and one has perma-stealth, ignore the reveal mechanic and has 1500 range while the other has 11 sec stealth, has to deal with reveal making him a sitting duck as soon as he misses the combo and has to be right beside you to instagib.

> >

> > So.., you haven't played DE then. Got it.

>

> Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

It was the 'permastealth' comment that gave it away.

> @MUDse.7623 said:

> you are both right- that one DJ did deal that much damage but it needs skills and traits and malice to hit that high. i dont know how the deadeye was playing the OP was talking about so i can only give an example of my deadeye.

> while taking this shot from this night :

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/WTz3Y76.jpg "")

> i had the following stats :

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/Fax3UBB.jpg "")

>

> + 7% crit dmg from twin fangs, + 10% crit dmg from ferocious strikes + 20% crit chance from snipers cover + 21% dmg from malice + 105% dmg modifier through malice on DJ +5% damage from sigil +10% scholar.

>

> 5/9 majortraits are purely for damage increase, alot of damage comes from assassins signet and ofc full berserk.

>

> damage will notibly drop when below 90% health as i lose scholar and twinfang dmg bonus there.

>

> so yes alot of skills and traits and gear all has to work together to pull of high numbers but its still just 1 hit that delivers all of those stuff packed together.

> very tanky players with protection i cannot onehit, but i did onehit quite a few commanders this week...

>

>

'The Art Of Deception lies in Actions, Not in Words'

Thank You! for posting evidence that's needed

> @takatsu.9416 said:

> I still don't understand where the thought no single hit should down a player from 100% health comes from. Who said that is the rules of the game?

Arenanet used to say this. They also used to say they'd never give teef a 1200 range weapon. Then PoF

I'd find the interviews for you but naaaaah

> @MUDse.7623 said:

> you are both right- that one DJ did deal that much damage but it needs skills and traits and malice to hit that high. i dont know how the deadeye was playing the OP was talking about so i can only give an example of my deadeye.

> while taking this shot from this night :

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/WTz3Y76.jpg "")

> i had the following stats :

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/Fax3UBB.jpg "")

>

> + 7% crit dmg from twin fangs, + 10% crit dmg from ferocious strikes + 20% crit chance from snipers cover + 21% dmg from malice + 105% dmg modifier through malice on DJ +5% damage from sigil +10% scholar.

>

> 5/9 majortraits are purely for damage increase, alot of damage comes from assassins signet and ofc full berserk.

>

> damage will notibly drop when below 90% health as i lose scholar and twinfang dmg bonus there.

>

> so yes alot of skills and traits and gear all has to work together to pull of high numbers but its still just 1 hit that delivers all of those stuff packed together.

> very tanky players with protection i cannot onehit, but i did onehit quite a few commanders this week...

I am the Reaper you killed there. I posted that number in teamchat and we had a good laugh.

I was full marauder (28k HP) and you were D/P perma stealthing while generating malice with your F1, then ported at melee range and swapped to rifle to fire your DJ (no skill-combo, just one single skill usage), that it was undodgeable for me.

This is the new metabattle no-skill thief trollbuild you run there. It's even more bullshit than perma stealth condi trapper a year ago.

> @KrHome.1920 said:

> > @MUDse.7623 said:

> > you are both right- that one DJ did deal that much damage but it needs skills and traits and malice to hit that high. i dont know how the deadeye was playing the OP was talking about so i can only give an example of my deadeye.

> > while taking this shot from this night :

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/WTz3Y76.jpg "")

> > i had the following stats :

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/Fax3UBB.jpg "")

> >

> > + 7% crit dmg from twin fangs, + 10% crit dmg from ferocious strikes + 20% crit chance from snipers cover + 21% dmg from malice + 105% dmg modifier through malice on DJ +5% damage from sigil +10% scholar.

> >

> > 5/9 majortraits are purely for damage increase, alot of damage comes from assassins signet and ofc full berserk.

> >

> > damage will notibly drop when below 90% health as i lose scholar and twinfang dmg bonus there.

> >

> > so yes alot of skills and traits and gear all has to work together to pull of high numbers but its still just 1 hit that delivers all of those stuff packed together.

> > very tanky players with protection i cannot onehit, but i did onehit quite a few commanders this week...

> I am the Reaper you killed there. I posted that number in teamchat and we had a good laugh.

>

> I was full marauder (28k HP) and you were D/P perma stealthing while generating malice with your F1, then ported at melee range and swapped to rifle to fire your DJ (no skill-combo, just one single skill usage), that it was undodgeable for me.

>

> This is the new metabattle no-skill thief trollbuild you run there. It's even more kitten than perma stealth condi trapper a year ago.

So you saw the smoke and the red rings needed for the stealth, and were unable to change LOS?

> So you saw the smoke and the red rings needed for the stealth, and were unable to change LOS?

I did when I ran into this guy the second and third time. You don't expect a 40k oneshot if you didn't experience this build before.

You can't counter it. It's perma stealth at high range, port in, fire DJ at melee (at best with weapon-swap quickness sigil) and game over.

This build is pretty new but i expect it to be used more frequently now. When you are marked but can't see any Deadeyes, then you will be oneshotted the next few seconds. You can try to block or even reflect but the thing is, that the Deadeye is permastealth and can play endless mindgames with you and it's his choice which targets he picks and when to engage - like stealth trapper - who also could not kill everyone but still could ruin everyones day.

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > > > > > All of that damage, all 22k of it, came from a single hit from death's judgement.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No it didn't. It came from bonuses applied by stealth traits and Deadeye's Mark malice stacks which take over 12 seconds to accumulate to high enough stacks to provide one-shot capability. Player had more than enough time and warning to do something effective against the shot including kiting away.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > LOL you can't even deny that the damage all came from a single hit. Go on, show me how that damage comes from multiple hits. Do it. I'm waiting.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Use the damage formula published on the wiki without including the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark to explain how Death's Judgement can one-shot someone. I'm waiting.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You have kitten screenshots of a single hit from deaths judgement doing that much damage. You guys are in some extreme denial in this thread.

> > > > >

> > > > > Of which no one else but you is ignoring the other skills/traits which required waiting at least 12 long seconds to produce that high number. No one can get that high of a number from Death's Judgement without the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark. Only you are trying to compare waiting 12 seconds of a highly telegraphed mark to a quick multi-hit combo burst of mesmer skills where opponents aren't given anywhere near the same amount of time to react.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah and one has perma-stealth, ignore the reveal mechanic and has 1500 range while the other has 11 sec stealth, has to deal with reveal making him a sitting duck as soon as he misses the combo and has to be right beside you to instagib.

> > >

> > > So.., you haven't played DE then. Got it.

> >

> > Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

>

> It was the 'permastealth' comment that gave it away.

Do you want me to teach you how to attain permastealth on DE?

Shadow Arts with Hidden Thief; Hide in Shadows, Shadow Refuge, Shadow Meld, D/P on the second weaponset.

You're welcome.

> > > @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

> > > > > > > > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > > > > > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > All of that damage, all 22k of it, came from a single hit from death's judgement.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > No it didn't. It came from bonuses applied by stealth traits and Deadeye's Mark malice stacks which take over 12 seconds to accumulate to high enough stacks to provide one-shot capability. Player had more than enough time and warning to do something effective against the shot including kiting away.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > LOL you can't even deny that the damage all came from a single hit. Go on, show me how that damage comes from multiple hits. Do it. I'm waiting.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Use the damage formula published on the wiki without including the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark to explain how Death's Judgement can one-shot someone. I'm waiting.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You have kitten screenshots of a single hit from deaths judgement doing that much damage. You guys are in some extreme denial in this thread.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Of which no one else but you is ignoring the other skills/traits which required waiting at least 12 long seconds to produce that high number. No one can get that high of a number from Death's Judgement without the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark. Only you are trying to compare waiting 12 seconds of a highly telegraphed mark to a quick multi-hit combo burst of mesmer skills where opponents aren't given anywhere near the same amount of time to react.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah and one has perma-stealth, ignore the reveal mechanic and has 1500 range while the other has 11 sec stealth, has to deal with reveal making him a sitting duck as soon as he misses the combo and has to be right beside you to instagib.

> > > >

> > > > So.., you haven't played DE then. Got it.

> > >

> > > Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

> >

> > It was the 'permastealth' comment that gave it away.

>

> Do you want me to teach you how to attain permastealth on DE?

> Shadow Arts with Hidden Thief; Hide in Shadows, Shadow Refuge, Shadow Meld, D/P on the second weaponset.

>

> You're welcome.

All correct. And the big mark sitting on the marked target? The reveal necessary to fire? The big red ring to jump through with D/P? None of those tells help?

Getting hit was their fault.

Your welcome. :)

They haven't fixed anything.

Last night I went with my Soulbeast wearing Wanderer armour, met a thief, marked me, went stealth, was in stealth for a very short period of time without hitting anybody (malice gain is slower that way), couldn't have had more than 3 stacks of Malice and one shot me for 39k without the tell. A friend of mine for 46k who was a Reaper.

Also, I was obviously paying attention to where he will be revealed since I watched the mark on myself to use the signet of invulnerability, activated it, the shot came so fast even tho I activated it the moment I saw him the hit went through, because, again, no tell. The bullet came while he was still stealthed.

If anything they just made it so the Malice only works on your target but you don't need more than 2 - 3 stacks to destroy people.

> All correct. And the big mark sitting on the marked target? The reveal necessary to fire? The big red ring to jump through with D/P? None of those tells help?

>

> Getting hit was their fault.

>

> Your welcome. :)

Theorycrafting at its best...

- Big red 120 radius rings at 1500 range... easy to spot and counter of course...

- Reveal nessessary to fire? What are you talking about? The moment the DE is reveald you are dead.

- Mark at target... yeah right, if you are standing next to a tower or keep you are safe. Who would have thought that...

"Biased" describes you perfectly.

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > All of that damage, all 22k of it, came from a single hit from death's judgement.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > No it didn't. It came from bonuses applied by stealth traits and Deadeye's Mark malice stacks which take over 12 seconds to accumulate to high enough stacks to provide one-shot capability. Player had more than enough time and warning to do something effective against the shot including kiting away.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > LOL you can't even deny that the damage all came from a single hit. Go on, show me how that damage comes from multiple hits. Do it. I'm waiting.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Use the damage formula published on the wiki without including the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark to explain how Death's Judgement can one-shot someone. I'm waiting.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You have kitten screenshots of a single hit from deaths judgement doing that much damage. You guys are in some extreme denial in this thread.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Of which no one else but you is ignoring the other skills/traits which required waiting at least 12 long seconds to produce that high number. No one can get that high of a number from Death's Judgement without the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark. Only you are trying to compare waiting 12 seconds of a highly telegraphed mark to a quick multi-hit combo burst of mesmer skills where opponents aren't given anywhere near the same amount of time to react.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah and one has perma-stealth, ignore the reveal mechanic and has 1500 range while the other has 11 sec stealth, has to deal with reveal making him a sitting duck as soon as he misses the combo and has to be right beside you to instagib.

> > > > >

> > > > > So.., you haven't played DE then. Got it.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

> > >

> > > It was the 'permastealth' comment that gave it away.

> >

> > Do you want me to teach you how to attain permastealth on DE?

> > Shadow Arts with Hidden Thief; Hide in Shadows, Shadow Refuge, Shadow Meld, D/P on the second weaponset.

> >

> > You're welcome.

>

> All correct. And the big mark sitting on the marked target? The reveal necessary to fire? The big red ring to jump through with D/P? None of those tells help?

>

> Getting hit was their fault.

>

> Your welcome. :)

Yeah, you're right, permastealth minus 3/4 of a sec.

My bad.

The other points were already debunked by KrHome.

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> Not sure I understand most people's position here. Wouldn't it be better if a DE *didn't* have to set up a single shot for 20s to be effective, *AND* people didn't have a dodge-or-die scenario for this single shot?

>

> Just seems boring for everyone, frankly. I assume that's why most people don't play DE that way, and why people don't like it when they come across someone who does.

>

> I bet the spec could be made more fun while simultaneously reducing forum rage. Anyway, I see more Daredevils than Deadeyes these days, so something must be up with DE's fun factor.

It is still a very fun elite, but the solo-escape potential is not as great as Daredevil, so players who don't like to die (myself included), will often choose a Daredevil build for that reason alone. Nobody likes to die, thus the "Run away, live to fight another day" when losing is usually a preferable option. I still have great fun with DE, and I generally start off the day roaming as such, but once I lose to someone I *know* I could have beaten with a DD spec, I'll swap for revenge, just in case I see that opponent again.

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > > All of that damage, all 22k of it, came from a single hit from death's judgement.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No it didn't. It came from bonuses applied by stealth traits and Deadeye's Mark malice stacks which take over 12 seconds to accumulate to high enough stacks to provide one-shot capability. Player had more than enough time and warning to do something effective against the shot including kiting away.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > LOL you can't even deny that the damage all came from a single hit. Go on, show me how that damage comes from multiple hits. Do it. I'm waiting.

> > > >

> > > > Use the damage formula published on the wiki without including the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark to explain how Death's Judgement can one-shot someone. I'm waiting.

> > >

> > > You have kitten screenshots of a single hit from deaths judgement doing that much damage. You guys are in some extreme denial in this thread.

> >

> > Of which no one else but you is ignoring the other skills/traits which required waiting at least 12 long seconds to produce that high number. No one can get that high of a number from Death's Judgement without the bonus damage from Deadeye's Mark. Only you are trying to compare waiting 12 seconds of a highly telegraphed mark to a quick multi-hit combo burst of mesmer skills where opponents aren't given anywhere near the same amount of time to react.

>

> Its pointless arguing with some of you thiefs honestly. All of that damage is coming in a single hit. You can't deny that, yet somehow you keep on trying. Its honestly quite funny watching you guys try to reason your way out of this one. All of that damage comes in 1 hit. All of it. Enough to down any player. In 1 hit. That's not good game design, and never will be.

What are your thoughts on my reply to your previous post? I apologize if it reads rude, I was trying to paint a picture.

> @KrHome.1920 said:

>

>

> > All correct. And the big mark sitting on the marked target? The reveal necessary to fire? The big red ring to jump through with D/P? None of those tells help?

> >

> > Getting hit was their fault.

> >

> > Your welcome. :)

> Theorycrafting at its best...

>

> - Big red 120 radius rings at 1500 range... easy to spot and counter of course...

> - Reveal nessessary to fire? What are you talking about? The moment the DE is reveald you are dead.

> - Mark at target... yeah right, if you are standing next to a tower or keep you are safe. Who would have thought that...

>

> "Biased" describes you perfectly.

Malice only builds on the target. 12-20 seconds isn't enough time to put something between you and the red ring they need to stealth?

Not trying to be snarky to you, I just don't get why that isn't enough time to prevent them from actually hitting you.

OriOri is 100% right on this one. Hit-Combos downing u are ok in my opinion, but 1-hit-down abilitys are too strong, even if u need setup for it etc. 1-Shot-1-Death abilites demand every Player to play perfect, because if they do one mistake they die.

Are we that far into the Game, that 1 mistake kills u?

Many people said that OP had 12-21 seconds to "do something". U can run away´, hide between walls etc, but u can't do anything against the DE itself.

If we go into a Team situation in which we have like a 2v2 and two DE's for each team, whats going to happen? The four people are fighting mid, using there blocks etc, and in between suddenly 2 people die.

How can i counter beeing seen by the enemy's DE if I have to stay on Point to secure winning?