22k Deaths Judgement After the "fix"

ArmageddonAsh.6430

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> So, this is meant to be balanced? 22,000damage. Well, 22,041 to be precise damage. I took ONE hit from him before i took the damage. too me, i think that having it so it passively stacks the Malice stacks is slightly lazy game design. Press 1 button and then go into stealth. Wait until Ready. Use Deaths Judgement If you're lucky you can dodge it, assuming that you obviously not fighting anyone else. because you sure as hell aint dodging it with the mass of combat effects going around.

>

> No skill should be able to 1shot anyone. I have 1,700 Toughness (2,700Armour), so hardly zerk. Taking 22,000damage in ONE ability isnt exactly creating a skill based game. Especially when you have very little in terms of skills i can use to protect myself. No reflects to use or anything, cant reveal him to at least try and kill him. All they have to do is Mark you, go into stealth and thats it!? Seems a bit lazy in terms of pretty much everything. No attacking needed. Just go stealth stay away (not too hard) and press a single button when the passive gameplay has done its job?

For years you played the most boring to fight ele builds in the game, with the most passive carry traits out there, hardly seems fair that you don't like it when the cheese wheel turns to hit you right back for a change is it? take it like a champ and assume it's karma :)

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> 'If you set it up correctly' being the key phrase.

>

> Maybe I'm salty... maybe I am tired of power hate... people finally being given some ability to, under the right circumstances, hit like a truck, but also be wrecked if they mess up..

>

> The people doing these damages are

> Glass cannons.

>

> And are we really saying that 2.7k armor is tanky? Really? With less than 22k health on a necro. You weren't in a roaming spec, I get it.

Key word being a single skill being able to pull this off. I'm not trying to eliminate one shot builds that use well timed burst combos. But a single skill that is capable of instantly downing players in 1 hit, that is not balanced and should not exist in the game. Even with MW and its damage when full glass cannon and fully setup, it takes 3-4 hits to dish it all out. Death's judgement is doing that same damage in a single hit. That is the core of the problem for me, single skills doing such high damage in a single hit. That should not be possible, period. On any class.

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > 'If you set it up correctly' being the key phrase.

> >

> > Maybe I'm salty... maybe I am tired of power hate... people finally being given some ability to, under the right circumstances, hit like a truck, but also be wrecked if they mess up..

> >

> > The people doing these damages are

> > Glass cannons.

> >

> > And are we really saying that 2.7k armor is tanky? Really? With less than 22k health on a necro. You weren't in a roaming spec, I get it.

>

> Key word being a single skill being able to pull this off. I'm not trying to eliminate one shot builds that use well timed burst combos. But a single skill that is capable of instantly downing players in 1 hit, that is not balanced and should not exist in the game. Even with MW and its damage when full glass cannon and fully setup, it takes 3-4 hits to dish it all out. Death's judgement is doing that same damage in a single hit. That is the core of the problem for me, single skills doing such high damage in a single hit. That should not be possible, period. On any class.

That's fair @"OriOri.8724" . I guess my take is what is needed to be done to set it up. 15-21 seconds, with the mark knowing they are at risk, etc etc.

So wait you got hit by it once, and as everyone else has said under the circumstances, and you are complaining about it? How often are you getting one shot sniped? Is this a common occurrence everyday or a rare occasion?

I have never had this happen to me yet. I've been marked and I got out of LoS and got away and then ran back to find them. And most of the time theyre gone or elsewhere, i dont mind not facetanking a sniper.... they are sniper wannabes for a reason. I know its dangerous to just be targetted and stick around.

I have been bursted by a deadeye before, p/p, and it was too quick. I evaded and stealthed but it wasn't enough and fumbled about and soon took the spam to the head. Next time, I brought a reflect and they took half of their own HP and I bursted the rest of it down. I was like two or three shot by a power Soulbeast at max range before. Same thing, the next time, I reflected with better timing!

My question is what will you do next time when you encounter a similar situation? Did you not learn from this? There's no problem getting one shot by someone if you take it as a learning experience and think about what you'll do next time. Good players won't be here to complain after experiencing it once. Good players will adapt next time.

In fact I look forward to facing one shot builds especially deadeyes because they are dangerous and I would love the practice. I'm probably going to ask for 1v1 in guild hall arenas with a deadeye sometime soon so I can get some practice in and find how to counter. That and also watch some YouTube videos and learn about playing the class myself.

Why shouldn't there be a sniper skill when the next time chances are, you are smarter and will manage to pull through, and maybe you might win against that glass sniper.

It's balanced because the outcome is not determined by the class and design. You can figure it out and counter it next time. Or the next time.

Also 1.7k armor isn't that much.

> Do anything? I tried. I tried to find him. Nothing. AoE didnt proc anything around the areas and given WvW is rather big area not as if you can tell where hes going to be. After like 5-10seconds of trying to find him and hope i got lucky, i tried to leave. Guess what Necro lacks? Mobility.

>

>

Ok, Ok... hold on now... **You're a JOKO in WvW?!?** :rage:

Oooooh how my heart is bleeding for you! :wink:

Truthfully... I've got absolutely **ZERO** sympathy for you! (spewing circles of death everywhere and full of toughness...pfft!) :rage:

(makes note to self... *must send DE some gold for a job well done!*) :+1:

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> >

> > Maybe I'm salty... maybe I am tired of power hate... people finally being given some ability to, under the right circumstances, hit like a truck, but also be wrecked if they mess up..

> >

> > Glass cannons.

> >

> > And are we really saying that 2.7k armor is tanky? Really? With less than 22k health on a necro. You weren't in a roaming spec, I get it.

>

> Key word being a single skill being able to pull this off. I'm not trying to eliminate one shot builds that use well timed burst combos. But a single skill that is capable of instantly downing players in 1 hit, that is not balanced and should not exist in the game. Even with MW and its damage when full glass cannon and fully setup, it takes 3-4 hits to dish it all out. Death's judgement is doing that same damage in a single hit. That is the core of the problem for me, single skills doing such high damage in a single hit. That should not be possible, period. On any class.

pve players need it and this is not a game towards well made pvp either....

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> >

> >

> > Glass cannons.

> >

>

It takes more than one single skill to be able to pull off that kind of damage with DJ. There's this whole marking mechanic and kneeling and stealthing bit.

What class/build are you playing?

I understand how frustrated you are by a skill that you perceive as OP, but there are plenty of ways to counter-play this on pretty much any class/build you are playing. That's what you're going to have to do in the mean time since I highly doubt Anet is ever going to nerf DJ into a non-1 hit KO.

> @Chaba.5410 said:

> > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > 'If you set it up correctly' being the key phrase.

> > >

> > > Maybe I'm salty... maybe I am tired of power hate... people finally being given some ability to, under the right circumstances, hit like a truck, but also be wrecked if they mess up..

> > >

> > > The people doing these damages are

> > > Glass cannons.

> > >

> > > And are we really saying that 2.7k armor is tanky? Really? With less than 22k health on a necro. You weren't in a roaming spec, I get it.

> >

> > Key word being a single skill being able to pull this off. I'm not trying to eliminate one shot builds that use well timed burst combos. But a single skill that is capable of instantly downing players in 1 hit, that is not balanced and should not exist in the game. Even with MW and its damage when full glass cannon and fully setup, it takes 3-4 hits to dish it all out. Death's judgement is doing that same damage in a single hit. That is the core of the problem for me, single skills doing such high damage in a single hit. That should not be possible, period. On any class.

>

> It takes more than one single skill to be able to pull off that kind of damage with DJ. There's this whole marking mechanic and kneeling and stealthing bit.

All of the damage is coming from a single hit that is coming from a single skill. You can try to argue about setting up all you want, but this is poor design. Under this design, if they fail to block or dodge a single attack, they are instantly downed because so much damage is coming from a single fucking hit. In one shot _combos_ they still have the opportunity to miss blocking or dodging a hit or two and still live, because the damage is spread out between multiple skills hitting at the same time.

A single skill dealing so much damage is not and never will be balanced. In any way shape or form.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> The fix was to make sure only large damage hits Marked targets, the fact that you got hit with the Plethora Of Tells 4 Visual, 2 Audio, the Damage doesn’t even come from stealth, it’s a L2P issue, you had a giant target above your head/Below your feet, a Orange Laser, a Red Trailing projectile, the Pojectile Audio tell, the One Shot one Kill Audio tell and a Revealed Thief... all of which if you post is to be taken seriously and they passively generated that Malice then you would have been Marked for well over 12 secs to receive that damage...

Dear BlaqueFyre,

I know you love to explain and rationalize things, but the real gripe players have is that no profession should be able to pull off those numbers. It’s not limited to thief...

You ever wonder why wvw and spvp have failed? It’s due to bad issues, like this one, that anet fails to address. We had a very clear statement by MO... “we are looking for balance wins that won’t screw over pve”... You can defend bad pve designs, that were shoved into wvw and spvp, all you want, meanwhile... most of us who understand will get it...

So, if you want to keep defending pve and end game raid “balanced” designs then go ahead, but realize that it’s kind of silly to do so given the state of the design decisions for this game.

Hi this is my opinion and experience. I play scrapper in maguuma and i have been hit by deadeye.

The thing is - i am full sentinel gear so its not like i get 1 shotted - more like getting 8 shots over 8 seconds... And i just dodge and use hammer shield and i am fine.

My advice would be to practice using your "feelings" because the red mark takes 12 seconds before they unload and then you dodge dodge pop defensives and then the dead eye is useless. Dead eye.is the same as holosmith and scourge. They are dps aggressive damage builds but function different.

If you have the red mark ...you could try hiding behind a wall or in between towers. I think you can also wp back to garrison or keep or have some tank for you. I am not sure but i think a veteran npc can also tank the damage for you.

Any ways yea that's my experience. Hope it helps some of you.

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > 'If you set it up correctly' being the key phrase.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe I'm salty... maybe I am tired of power hate... people finally being given some ability to, under the right circumstances, hit like a truck, but also be wrecked if they mess up..

> > > >

> > > > The people doing these damages are

> > > > Glass cannons.

> > > >

> > > > And are we really saying that 2.7k armor is tanky? Really? With less than 22k health on a necro. You weren't in a roaming spec, I get it.

> > >

> > > Key word being a single skill being able to pull this off. I'm not trying to eliminate one shot builds that use well timed burst combos. But a single skill that is capable of instantly downing players in 1 hit, that is not balanced and should not exist in the game. Even with MW and its damage when full glass cannon and fully setup, it takes 3-4 hits to dish it all out. Death's judgement is doing that same damage in a single hit. That is the core of the problem for me, single skills doing such high damage in a single hit. That should not be possible, period. On any class.

> >

> > It takes more than one single skill to be able to pull off that kind of damage with DJ. There's this whole marking mechanic and kneeling and stealthing bit.

>

> All of the damage is coming from a single hit that is coming from a single skill. You can try to argue about setting up all you want, but this is poor design. Under this design, if they fail to block or dodge a single attack, they are instantly downed because so much damage is coming from a single kitten hit. In one shot _combos_ they still have the opportunity to miss blocking or dodging a hit or two and still live, because the damage is spread out between multiple skills hitting at the same time.

>

> A single skill dealing so much damage is not and never will be balanced. In any way shape or form.

You can try to argue that 22k damage is coming from a single skill, but it is not. And your argument regarding dodging goes both ways. If someone dodges a Death's Judgement, all of the damage is negated. If someone dodges during something like, a mesmer shatter combo, they can still take a hefty chunk of damage.

> @Justine.6351 said:

> It's kind of a cheese thing to do but I see deadeyes that mark and then jump into shadow refuge.

>

> But overall I think the correct response in this thread is,

> 22k deaths judgement, nerf hammer rev

Please stop asking for nerfs.

Instead start asking for skills on other classes to match that damage so that we can achieve balance.

Thieves have Deaths judgement.

Warriors have Gun flame.

Revenants have Coalescence of Ruin.

Elementalist have Churning earth and Fire grab.

Guardians should have it on True shot, longbow 2.

Engineers should have it on Rocket charge, hammer 3.

Rangers should have it on Long range shot, longbow 1. (They need the help to get groups).

Mesmers should have it on Tides of time, shield 5.

Necromancers should have it on Death shroud 1 on all 3 specs. (They also need the help with the recent heavy nerfs to them).

I have suggested these skills to apply these buffs which are on mostly from HoT specs, because I don't have PoF.

Please and Thank you.

> No skill should be able to 1shot anyone.

>

What do you mean no skill should be able to 1 shot anymore? If you don't want to be 1 shot just run tankier gear, problem solved. Either that or learn to LOOOK AROUND YOU AND BE AWARE OF YOUR ENVIRONMENT and learn to dodge.

IF being aware of your environment and not being able to dodge isn't the problem then the skill itself needs more counters added to it. It doesn't need to not be a 1 shot....

Buddy up, that's ur third option. This is why downed state exists and why its so powerful. People can 1 shot all the time and still not get a single kill.

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> > @Chaba.5410 said:

> > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > 'If you set it up correctly' being the key phrase.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe I'm salty... maybe I am tired of power hate... people finally being given some ability to, under the right circumstances, hit like a truck, but also be wrecked if they mess up..

> > > >

> > > > The people doing these damages are

> > > > Glass cannons.

> > > >

> > > > And are we really saying that 2.7k armor is tanky? Really? With less than 22k health on a necro. You weren't in a roaming spec, I get it.

> > >

> > > Key word being a single skill being able to pull this off. I'm not trying to eliminate one shot builds that use well timed burst combos. But a single skill that is capable of instantly downing players in 1 hit, that is not balanced and should not exist in the game. Even with MW and its damage when full glass cannon and fully setup, it takes 3-4 hits to dish it all out. Death's judgement is doing that same damage in a single hit. That is the core of the problem for me, single skills doing such high damage in a single hit. That should not be possible, period. On any class.

> >

> > It takes more than one single skill to be able to pull off that kind of damage with DJ. There's this whole marking mechanic and kneeling and stealthing bit.

>

> All of the damage is coming from a single hit that is coming from a single skill. You can try to argue about setting up all you want, but this is poor design. Under this design, if they fail to block or dodge a single attack, they are instantly downed because so much damage is coming from a single kitten hit. In one shot _combos_ they still have the opportunity to miss blocking or dodging a hit or two and still live, because the damage is spread out between multiple skills hitting at the same time.

>

> A single skill dealing so much damage is not and never will be balanced. In any way shape or form.

Did a mesmer main really just try to preach about the illegitimacy of oneshot kills?

> @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > @Justine.6351 said:

> > It's kind of a cheese thing to do but I see deadeyes that mark and then jump into shadow refuge.

> >

> > But overall I think the correct response in this thread is,

> > 22k deaths judgement, nerf hammer rev

>

> Please stop asking for nerfs.

> Instead start asking for skills on other classes to match that damage so that we can achieve balance.

>

> Thieves have Deaths judgement.

> Warriors have Gun flame.

> Revenants have Coalescence of Ruin.

> Elementalist have Churning earth and Fire grab.

>

> Guardians should have it on True shot, longbow 2.

> Engineers should have it on Rocket charge, hammer 3.

> Rangers should have it on Long range shot, longbow 1. (They need the help to get groups).

> Mesmers should have it on Tides of time, shield 5.

> Necromancers should have it on Death shroud 1 on all 3 specs. (They also need the help with the recent heavy nerfs to them).

> I have suggested these skills to apply these buffs which are on mostly from HoT specs, because I don't have PoF.

>

> Please and Thank you.

>

? Think you quoted the wrong person.