PvP is stale

shadowpass.4236

Everyone quit the game, no more streamers because balance is shit.

PvP scene is nonexistent and getting smaller by the day, nearly every ex pro player has quit

PvP leaderboard is insanely small, no population and Anet isn't doing anything to bring people back

It is really ridiculous at this point how little work Anet actually gets done in such a large time frame

Anet, patch every 2 weeks or I'm not coming back either lol

I log in like once a week for couple matches, that is about it. Probably would have uninstalled completely if there was anything better on market. OW gets boring fast due to lack of customization/RP/PVE so can't replace gw2 completely for me. I really regret buying PoF.

Surely, pvp community always cries that game is imbalanced, everything is worse than before etc. But you don't even need to know the game to see how bad it got if you compare pvp videos from vanilla times and past HoT.

There were some positive changes like better rewards (anyone remember dyes being only income?) and actual seasons + leaderboard but they all alone can't keep pvp alive when classes are balanced around xpac sales and ranking system is massive experiment on live-servers. We (players) are nothing but lab rats that pay to be experimented on basically. People get tired of it and quit.

game is absolutely dog-level right now.

I only rock up when I feel like a cheeky gunflame (I literally have to play meme builds to have fun here).

otherwise I got another Berserker in a much better game, so I prefer to work on his Nouver. I'm primed to be an AP monkey. 1 combo boiiiiiisss

![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/0b2e602af5ce150d22c6949d99b7e061/tumblr_ozpw04tu0v1s6ueo5o1_500.gif "")

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> game is absolutely dog-level right now.

> I only rock up when I feel like a cheeky gunflame (I literally have to play meme builds to have fun here).

>

> otherwise I got another Berserker in a much better game, so I prefer to work on his Nouver. I'm primed to be an AP monkey. 1 combo boiiiiiisss

> ![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/0b2e602af5ce150d22c6949d99b7e061/tumblr_ozpw04tu0v1s6ueo5o1_500.gif "")

>

You don't work on Nouver, you buy it, including TETs... and Sayier Knot deals more damage due to accuracy.

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > game is absolutely dog-level right now.

> > I only rock up when I feel like a cheeky gunflame (I literally have to play meme builds to have fun here).

> >

> > otherwise I got another Berserker in a much better game, so I prefer to work on his Nouver. I'm primed to be an AP monkey. 1 combo boiiiiiisss

> > ![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/0b2e602af5ce150d22c6949d99b7e061/tumblr_ozpw04tu0v1s6ueo5o1_500.gif "")

> >

>

> You don't work on Nouver, you buy it, including TETs... and Sayier Knot deals more damage due to accuracy.

can't see a point in buying a Nouver when I already have a DUO. I'm pretty lucky with RNG anyhow. I'm a TRI on 25 failstacks kind of guy :P

as far as Acc goes, that totally depends on accessory set up. Nouver does excellent ;) damage with RCE and Bhegs. offhands are hotly debated on the discord, but the general consensus is to have more than one in your inventory and swap them out as need be. I've done tests w guildies and my Nouver, even at DUO is doing more damage than my Sayier in fights with two 60s.

The OP is just one of the very few who are vocal about taking a break. Silently, people are quitting en masse.

Can't blame them. The competitive scene is in a terrible state.

Developers are squandering the gem that is the GW2 combat mechanics. Nothing quite like it. The people involved in creating the beautiful combat mechanics have left already. The hard part is done, all they have to do now is balance regularly but still fail at doing so.

PvP ded, since launch. With ATs and a functioning leaderboard it's actually healthier than ever. I still remember when in Season 2 or 3 (not sure which one it was) I ran into the same group of people every match when playing after 11pm, and it also stacked the players with the highest winratio in one team, so I was basically up against Obindo/Wishes/Maxi Flash or a JFK 4 man pre each time after reaching legend, with my winratio dropping from ~65% to shit. So compared to that it's pretty great now.

Balance is arguably bad and the patch was a disappointment, but even that has been worse (post Hot Bunker Meta, Cele Ele domination etc.). FB/Scourge are too strong in teamfights, Holo has a bit too much passive dmg on Dodges while Ele and Rev are subpar, though not completely out.

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> > @Morwath.9817 said:

> > > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > > game is absolutely dog-level right now.

> > > I only rock up when I feel like a cheeky gunflame (I literally have to play meme builds to have fun here).

> > >

> > > otherwise I got another Berserker in a much better game, so I prefer to work on his Nouver. I'm primed to be an AP monkey. 1 combo boiiiiiisss

> > > ![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/0b2e602af5ce150d22c6949d99b7e061/tumblr_ozpw04tu0v1s6ueo5o1_500.gif "")

> > >

> >

> > You don't work on Nouver, you buy it, including TETs... and Sayier Knot deals more damage due to accuracy.

>

> can't see a point in buying a Nouver when I already have a DUO. I'm pretty lucky with RNG anyhow. I'm a TRI on 25 failstacks kind of guy :P

>

> as far as Acc goes, that totally depends on accessory set up. Nouver does excellent ;) damage with RCE and Bhegs. offhands are hotly debated on the discord, but the general consensus is to have more than one in your inventory and swap them out as need be. I've done tests w guildies and my Nouver, even at DUO is doing more damage than my Sayier in fights with two 60s.

It's up to you, if you trust Quaggan or not, I will only tell you that Quaggan has two 60s himself (and hes not playing since months), he has tested Sayier/Kutum/Nouver himself. Even with RCE, Bhegs, Kzarka and accuracy gems you won't have 100% hit chance, especially against evade builds (they were meta among 60-61 players back when Quaggan played on EU), and missing grab as Zerker is lol wut.

Anyway you can check Lacari test on Warrior when was testing TRI Vangertz vs TET Nouver and Vangertz gave him more damage.

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> > > @Morwath.9817 said:

> > > > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > > > game is absolutely dog-level right now.

> > > > I only rock up when I feel like a cheeky gunflame (I literally have to play meme builds to have fun here).

> > > >

> > > > otherwise I got another Berserker in a much better game, so I prefer to work on his Nouver. I'm primed to be an AP monkey. 1 combo boiiiiiisss

> > > > ![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/0b2e602af5ce150d22c6949d99b7e061/tumblr_ozpw04tu0v1s6ueo5o1_500.gif "")

> > > >

> > >

> > > You don't work on Nouver, you buy it, including TETs... and Sayier Knot deals more damage due to accuracy.

> >

> > can't see a point in buying a Nouver when I already have a DUO. I'm pretty lucky with RNG anyhow. I'm a TRI on 25 failstacks kind of guy :P

> >

> > as far as Acc goes, that totally depends on accessory set up. Nouver does excellent ;) damage with RCE and Bhegs. offhands are hotly debated on the discord, but the general consensus is to have more than one in your inventory and swap them out as need be. I've done tests w guildies and my Nouver, even at DUO is doing more damage than my Sayier in fights with two 60s.

>

> It's up to you, if you trust Quaggan or not, I will only tell you that Quaggan has two 60s himself (and hes not playing since months), he has tested Sayier/Kutum/Nouver himself. Even with RCE, Bhegs, Kzarka and accuracy gems you won't have 100% hit chance, especially against evade builds (they were meta among 60-61 players back when Quaggan played on EU), and missing grab as Zerker is lol wut.

>

> Anyway you can check Lacari test on Warrior when was testing TRI Vangertz vs TET Nouver and Vangertz gave him more damage.

as I said dude, Nouver vs Sayier is hotly debated. I've got both. I prefer the Sayier for node wars, and the Nouver for grinding and small scale. sure it loses some hit chance, but the additional damage when it does hit makes up for it imo. still, I play on NA so evasion isn't so big here. regardless, I like having both and keeping my options open. just from my personal testing Nouver hits harder, and it's significant enough for me to prefer it in most 1v1 scenarios.

there has been a big forum debate about offhands recently too, https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/nouver-saiyer.68138/

as far as grabs go, they still desync even with sayier. still, zerker has the highest chance to land grabs of any class in the game. anyway, nouver gives you a much bigger outside of grab burst, so I find myself relying on grabs less when I run it.

tbh, the gear debate and lack of clear BiS builds is one of the things I like about BDO. DP builds, full AP, evasion, hybrid, Kutum for pve farm, etc. different set ups for different scenarios, it's pretty cool.

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> > @Morwath.9817 said:

> > > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > > > @Morwath.9817 said:

> > > > > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > > > > game is absolutely dog-level right now.

> > > > > I only rock up when I feel like a cheeky gunflame (I literally have to play meme builds to have fun here).

> > > > >

> > > > > otherwise I got another Berserker in a much better game, so I prefer to work on his Nouver. I'm primed to be an AP monkey. 1 combo boiiiiiisss

> > > > > ![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/0b2e602af5ce150d22c6949d99b7e061/tumblr_ozpw04tu0v1s6ueo5o1_500.gif "")

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You don't work on Nouver, you buy it, including TETs... and Sayier Knot deals more damage due to accuracy.

> > >

> > > can't see a point in buying a Nouver when I already have a DUO. I'm pretty lucky with RNG anyhow. I'm a TRI on 25 failstacks kind of guy :P

> > >

> > > as far as Acc goes, that totally depends on accessory set up. Nouver does excellent ;) damage with RCE and Bhegs. offhands are hotly debated on the discord, but the general consensus is to have more than one in your inventory and swap them out as need be. I've done tests w guildies and my Nouver, even at DUO is doing more damage than my Sayier in fights with two 60s.

> >

> > It's up to you, if you trust Quaggan or not, I will only tell you that Quaggan has two 60s himself (and hes not playing since months), he has tested Sayier/Kutum/Nouver himself. Even with RCE, Bhegs, Kzarka and accuracy gems you won't have 100% hit chance, especially against evade builds (they were meta among 60-61 players back when Quaggan played on EU), and missing grab as Zerker is lol wut.

> >

> > Anyway you can check Lacari test on Warrior when was testing TRI Vangertz vs TET Nouver and Vangertz gave him more damage.

>

> as I said dude, Nouver vs Sayier is hotly debated. I've got both. I prefer the Sayier for node wars, and the Nouver for grinding and small scale. sure it loses some hit chance, but the additional damage when it does hit makes up for it imo. still, I play on NA so evasion isn't so big here. regardless, I like having both and keeping my options open. just from my personal testing Nouver hits harder, and it's significant enough for me to prefer it in most 1v1 scenarios.

>

> as far as grabs go, they still desync even with sayier. still, zerker has the highest chance to land grabs of any class in the game. anyway, nouver gives you a much bigger outside of grab burst, so I find myself relying on grabs less when I run it.

>

> tbh, the gear debate and lack of clear BiS builds is one of the things I like about BDO. DP builds, full AP, evasion, hybrid, Kutum for pve farm, etc. different set ups for different scenarios, it's pretty cool.

It's weird honestly. I always thought that NA BDO is like NA GW2, a bit inferior meta wise compared to EU. However, NA is a bit more "p2w", and gear on your server is a bit better on average (easy access to meme frags, I couldn't get meme frags on EU even while sleeping on bilions without doing scrolls), which means everyone has more evade, even when not playing evade builds. Thats because most of gear pieces DP is composed of both DR (damage reduction) and evade. I guess most people still wear Muskans, which give mainly evade and use evade gems in helmet. Thus, accuracy vs average player should be more effective, your top players used to be like ~250/250/300+.

Knot even if in some cases gives you less damage, it gives you also defensive stats and you're playing class with the highest HP pool (easy 4k+ at 60), on which DP (both DR and Evade) are the most effective, especially if we take into account your ability to recover health.

-----

Going back on topic, most competitive games release balancing patches frequently midseason if needed, because game becomes stale and boring otherwise, also broken stuff always requires tunning and it's better to approach it with frequent little changes than overbuffing or overnerfing it.

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> game is absolutely dog-level right now.

> I only rock up when I feel like a cheeky gunflame (I literally have to play meme builds to have fun here).

>

> otherwise I got another Berserker in a much better game, so I prefer to work on his Nouver. I'm primed to be an AP monkey. 1 combo boiiiiiisss

> ![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/0b2e602af5ce150d22c6949d99b7e061/tumblr_ozpw04tu0v1s6ueo5o1_500.gif "")

>

You won't though because passive stats dominate BDO like accuracy/evasion ... you do more damage with Saiyer offhand than you ever would with Nouver unless you have tet RCE's and a set of JIN crystals and lvl62. Kutum is for PvE , it has hidden dmg vs monsters w/ accuracy that make it better than Nouver if you haven't seen the hidden stats spreadsheet Bloo got banned for posting. Nouver is garbage really, nobody uses it and has it storage'd until they buff it , which they will most likely.

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> > > @Morwath.9817 said:

> > > > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > > > > @Morwath.9817 said:

> > > > > > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > > > > > game is absolutely dog-level right now.

> > > > > > I only rock up when I feel like a cheeky gunflame (I literally have to play meme builds to have fun here).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > otherwise I got another Berserker in a much better game, so I prefer to work on his Nouver. I'm primed to be an AP monkey. 1 combo boiiiiiisss

> > > > > > ![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/0b2e602af5ce150d22c6949d99b7e061/tumblr_ozpw04tu0v1s6ueo5o1_500.gif "")

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You don't work on Nouver, you buy it, including TETs... and Sayier Knot deals more damage due to accuracy.

> > > >

> > > > can't see a point in buying a Nouver when I already have a DUO. I'm pretty lucky with RNG anyhow. I'm a TRI on 25 failstacks kind of guy :P

> > > >

> > > > as far as Acc goes, that totally depends on accessory set up. Nouver does excellent ;) damage with RCE and Bhegs. offhands are hotly debated on the discord, but the general consensus is to have more than one in your inventory and swap them out as need be. I've done tests w guildies and my Nouver, even at DUO is doing more damage than my Sayier in fights with two 60s.

> > >

> > > It's up to you, if you trust Quaggan or not, I will only tell you that Quaggan has two 60s himself (and hes not playing since months), he has tested Sayier/Kutum/Nouver himself. Even with RCE, Bhegs, Kzarka and accuracy gems you won't have 100% hit chance, especially against evade builds (they were meta among 60-61 players back when Quaggan played on EU), and missing grab as Zerker is lol wut.

> > >

> > > Anyway you can check Lacari test on Warrior when was testing TRI Vangertz vs TET Nouver and Vangertz gave him more damage.

> >

> > as I said dude, Nouver vs Sayier is hotly debated. I've got both. I prefer the Sayier for node wars, and the Nouver for grinding and small scale. sure it loses some hit chance, but the additional damage when it does hit makes up for it imo. still, I play on NA so evasion isn't so big here. regardless, I like having both and keeping my options open. just from my personal testing Nouver hits harder, and it's significant enough for me to prefer it in most 1v1 scenarios.

> >

> > as far as grabs go, they still desync even with sayier. still, zerker has the highest chance to land grabs of any class in the game. anyway, nouver gives you a much bigger outside of grab burst, so I find myself relying on grabs less when I run it.

> >

> > tbh, the gear debate and lack of clear BiS builds is one of the things I like about BDO. DP builds, full AP, evasion, hybrid, Kutum for pve farm, etc. different set ups for different scenarios, it's pretty cool.

>

> It's weird honestly. I always thought that NA BDO is like NA GW2, a bit inferior meta wise compared to EU. However, NA is a bit more "p2w", and gear on your server is a bit better on average (easy access to meme frags, I couldn't get meme frags on EU even while sleeping on bilions without doing scrolls), which means everyone has more evade, even when not playing evade builds. Thats because most of gear pieces DP is composed of both DR (damage reduction) and evade. I guess most people still wear Muskans, which give mainly evade and use evade gems in helmet. Thus, accuracy vs average player should be more effective, your top players used to be like ~250/250/300+.

>

> Knot even if in some cases gives you less damage, it gives you also defensive stats and you're playing class with the highest HP pool (easy 4k+ at 60), on which DP (both DR and Evade) are the most effective, especially if we take into account your ability to recover health.

>

> -----

>

> Going back on topic, most competitive games release balancing patches frequently midseason if needed, because game becomes stale and boring otherwise, also broken stuff always requires tunning and it's better to approach it with frequent little changes than overbuffing or overnerfing it.

Eh NA vs EU memory fragments depends entirely on how many fish botters populate the servers , that is where 70%-80% of the memory fragments come from and the rest from relic buyers and pila runners. There is no different in drop for them, just amount of botters fishing to get them. Which I would assume from what you're saying, there's probably a much bigger fish bot presence on NA vs EU.

Desync and lag is the BDO killer , it will ultimately destroy their population and the game itself , Korea doesn't seem to have this problem as bad obviously... The server infrastructure and setup on NA (not sure of EU side) is trash and we just had a massive Mediah siege battle for the castle and there was so many people and when you died you had to literally swap characters, swap back to your main character just to get in or you would have dc'd infinitely trying to get back into your main character. This kind of stuff is just ridiculous. It was painful to play in.

--

As far as gear goes... It's pretty official now what gear you should be running per situation and they intended it to be that way, since they announced they will show hidden stats and with the release of the hidden stats a few weeks ago it is even more apparent and should clear up debates on the MH/OH debates (Kutum -> PvE , Saiyer -> PvP , Nouver -> ??? as of right).

With Jin glove crystals I don't think evasion builds are as effective as they used to be even with JIN helmet crystals, they're still really good but just not nearly as godlike as before.

For example I'm a 61 DK 228/230/313 w/ tet Saiyer Ornamental equipped (258 awakened AP with nouver) and a few of our Kuno/Ninja in my guild run similar variants on evasion builds and after testing with and without jin crystals they essentially make evasion builds roughly 30%/40% less effective just because of the extra accuracy alone. It's just better now with JIN glove crystals to go more of a hybrid dmg/evasion route.

+40 Accuracy jin / 1x tet RCE / lvl61/62 on top of anything over tet Bheg's pretty much makes evasion builds much much less powerful at the top level. You can run JIN harphia's in helmet to help with evasion a bit (And a griffon helmet which helps a little with DR as well) but it still doesn't matter just from testing alone.

I quit BDO a little bit until they can solve their server issues and I quit GW2 because a balance patch once every 6 months is ridiculous and the population is close to dead in terms of competitiveness.

Will have to wait for Camelot Unchained in ~2025+!

I'm more excited about Bless (self published, they said they will avoid P2W, we will see, I just hope combat is decent) than:

- A:IR (published by kakao, eww, no thanks)

- Ashes of Creation (not promising PvP with an even greater punishment on death than in PvE, what a joke, and Im not interested in politics and housing, but the game is far from release, or it will be another early garbage)

- Crowfall (though I'm a backer, I fear I will be forced into harvesting/crafting, that I loath, but I love how transparent they are in their dev diaries, and how open they are to player suggestions, so anything can happen).

> @BeLZedaR.4790 said:

> Sadly Anet doesn't see the benefit of making it's population happy, so instead of telling my friends who look for new games, "I really enjoy gw2, it's kitten amazing", I recommend some other games instead, because as much as I love the game I despise it just the same.

Anet's behaviour reminds me of Lyssa from this: (1:50 - 2:02) _EDIT no timestamps for the forum? rip_

"we really don't care about your feedback or doing our jobs, but if you could hype this game up so we don't have to advertise that'd be great.. for us"

Why invest time and money into anything but gliders and Black Lion skins when GW2 has so many consumers openly dropping $100+ on gems every month? Anet has basically groomed its playerbase until nothing was left but whales. At this point, the only way to get anet to make a decent videogame would be to buy out its stock and order the changes yourself.

> @Swagg.9236 said:

> Why invest time and money into anything but gliders and Black Lion skins when GW2 has so many consumers openly dropping $100+ on gems every month? Anet has basically groomed its playerbase until nothing was left but whales. At this point, the only way to get anet to make a decent videogame would be to buy out its stock and order the changes yourself.

True witnessed that my self when Tarir was a gold farm location where we made from 800 to 2k gold per days.Had a girl in teamspeak saying she did buy over 3800 gems with realmoney!And trew them away on exchange to get some 360 gold or something.What made me flip my shit in teamspeak i told her wth you doing if you need gold tell me i had tons of it at that moment or at least join a farm run.Now honestly just moved on playing doom or something else this is not GW2 anymore its just Cash shop Fashionweek.

https://imgur.com/a/h1qb1