Confused by NPC-PC Communications (Answered)

Ayakaru.6583

I have only played the first half so I cant judge the second half yet, but i hope its less of a mess than the first half.

Opened story, “go to dolyak stables”. Okay, why? Whats there? When I arrive it turns out my team is there. When was this discussed? I didnt get a mail of any kind. It wasnt mentioned at the end of PoF.. my PC just magically knew.

Then we have a cool instance, and hats of anet, that mission was epic. Some achievements are just undoable on a 5fps laptop, though, but i wont blame you for that.

But then I arrive in the new map, and again I magically know where to go. Go to the astralarium. Why? Whats there? How does my PC who just sets foot into Istan even know theres an astralarium? And then, when I arrive, my PC proclaims theres something wrong with the astralarium. So for some weird reason the PC knows there is an astralarium, knows they have to go there, and knows its visual deviates from the norm.

Is this Aurene using telepathy or something?? Why does my PC know all these things without anyone telling us.

> @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> I thought the story was fun

Mapwise, and the first instance are very fun, yes, but im talking about the guiding between instances. You just get a geeen marker in a direction. In LS3 we got taimi calling us, or people sending us mails, so we know why we’re goung where. But not this time. We just instantly know we have to go the squad before Amnoons branding, and we instantly know to go to the astralarium, if you catch my drift.

Did you not get Taimi calling to tell you why they were at the Dolyak stables? She said it was because you are a wanted man with a price on your head from Joko so you have to keep a low profile and then tells you to meet her there. And then at the end of the Wyvern fight Agent Kito tells you to go to Astrolarium in Istan to find the Sunspears who can help you get to the place Aurene telepathically told you about. There are actually linking dialogues and scenes explaining these leaps you're experiencing. I wonder if they didn't load for you or something...

> @Metricos.5617 said:

> Uhhh... They extremely told you where to go via mail and communicator. It also helps to read what the NPCs tell you while you're playing.

>

> Perhaps that "5fps laptop" you inexplicably mentioned for no reason is acting up?

I got two mails, one for the raid and an empty gemstore mail.

I used to think it was a bug, so i retried on other characters but didnt get any communication.

But i doubt its just my poor laptop, since taimi’s commlink worked fine in LS3 and PoF

Finished the story on one character and started it on another, and Taimi does indeed call via communicator and tell you where to go (she also forces Rytlock to chime in, which i thought was appropriate). Not sure what may have occurred on your end, but it's definitely a thing they put in. Same with the Astralarium, the PC is told to go to Istan by boat and to search for the Astralarium by an NPC (can't remember who).

All of which you mentioned is fully communicated via the UI - either by the story panel, Taimi's communicator, the green star, NPC's in the story instance and/or by mail. Whilst I agree the motivation to go from Amnoom to Istan seemed a little vague since we were right in the middle of dealing with Kralk before we got sidetracked by Aurene's vision, the rest is well explained. In fact this episode in general does an excellent job of fleshing out the story via extra NPC dialogues and just in an all round sense as you play.

As for the Astralarium - that is directly mentioned by an NPC

>! In the start of the first instance, it is discussed that there is a branded storm with a twist and that you need to investigate.

>! At the end of the instance you see a vision you recognise as Farahnur. The order guy tells you it is impossible, but that the sunspears in istan can help.

I don't see how it is badly explained.

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> >! In the start of the first instance, it is discussed that there is a branded storm with a twist and that you need to investigate.

> >! At the end of the instance you see a vision you recognise as Farahnur. The order guy tells you it is impossible, but that the sunspears in istan can help.

>

> I don't see how it is badly explained.

Point being, i am know told there was an animation from aurene and intercom with taimi I did not get.

Im not sure whats going wrong, ill have to take another look at it

> @"Bobby Stein.3612" said:

> Taimi contacts you by communicator as soon as you activate S4E1. She gives you context as to where you're going and why. Like all story-relevant dialogue, it's all logged to chat, so you should be able to read it if you had your volume turned down.

Well, i cant check now if there was anything in the dialogue box, but im pretty sure my sound settings were normal. Following this discussion im just guessing none of the dialogue load and event markers just instantly update

> @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> I have only played the first half so I cant judge the second half yet, but i hope its less of a mess than the first half.

> Opened story, “go to dolyak stables”. Okay, why? Whats there? When I arrive it turns out my team is there. When was this discussed? I didnt get a mail of any kind. It wasnt mentioned at the end of PoF.. my PC just magically knew.

>

> Then we have a cool instance, and hats of anet, that mission was epic. Some achievements are just undoable on a 5fps laptop, though, but i wont blame you for that.

>

> But then I arrive in the new map, and again I magically know where to go. Go to the astralarium. Why? Whats there? How does my PC who just sets foot into Istan even know theres an astralarium? And then, when I arrive, my PC proclaims theres something wrong with the astralarium. So for some weird reason the PC knows there is an astralarium, knows they have to go there, and knows its visual deviates from the norm.

> Is this Aurene using telepathy or something?? Why does my PC know all these things without anyone telling us.

You know about the stables, because Taimi said so?

You know about the Astralarium because agent whatisface told you about it...

You can't just NOT LISTEN/READ the story, and then complain you don't know what's happening...

> @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> > I have only played the first half so I cant judge the second half yet, but i hope its less of a mess than the first half.

> > Opened story, “go to dolyak stables”. Okay, why? Whats there? When I arrive it turns out my team is there. When was this discussed? I didnt get a mail of any kind. It wasnt mentioned at the end of PoF.. my PC just magically knew.

> >

> > Then we have a cool instance, and hats of anet, that mission was epic. Some achievements are just undoable on a 5fps laptop, though, but i wont blame you for that.

> >

> > But then I arrive in the new map, and again I magically know where to go. Go to the astralarium. Why? Whats there? How does my PC who just sets foot into Istan even know theres an astralarium? And then, when I arrive, my PC proclaims theres something wrong with the astralarium. So for some weird reason the PC knows there is an astralarium, knows they have to go there, and knows its visual deviates from the norm.

> > Is this Aurene using telepathy or something?? Why does my PC know all these things without anyone telling us.

>

> You know about the stables, because Taimi said so?

> You know about the Astralarium because agent whatisface told you about it...

>

> You can't just NOT LISTEN/READ the story, and then complain you don't know what's happening...

I can if its not there.

Please read the entire conversation next time.

> @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > > @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> > > I have only played the first half so I cant judge the second half yet, but i hope its less of a mess than the first half.

> > > Opened story, “go to dolyak stables”. Okay, why? Whats there? When I arrive it turns out my team is there. When was this discussed? I didnt get a mail of any kind. It wasnt mentioned at the end of PoF.. my PC just magically knew.

> > >

> > > Then we have a cool instance, and hats of anet, that mission was epic. Some achievements are just undoable on a 5fps laptop, though, but i wont blame you for that.

> > >

> > > But then I arrive in the new map, and again I magically know where to go. Go to the astralarium. Why? Whats there? How does my PC who just sets foot into Istan even know theres an astralarium? And then, when I arrive, my PC proclaims theres something wrong with the astralarium. So for some weird reason the PC knows there is an astralarium, knows they have to go there, and knows its visual deviates from the norm.

> > > Is this Aurene using telepathy or something?? Why does my PC know all these things without anyone telling us.

> >

> > You know about the stables, because Taimi said so?

> > You know about the Astralarium because agent whatisface told you about it...

> >

> > You can't just NOT LISTEN/READ the story, and then complain you don't know what's happening...

>

> I can if its not there.

> Please read the entire conversation next time.

Yeah, but every single other person in this is telling you it is there as we all saw it because we were paying attention. We even told you where to look

> @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> Well, i cant check now if there was anything in the dialogue box, but im pretty sure my sound settings were normal. Following this discussion im just guessing none of the dialogue load and event markers just instantly update

Yeah, it sounds like things may not have loaded properly. Do you have any alts? You could try starting the episode with one of them and see if the dialogue loads this time. If it still doesn't play maybe you should report it as a bug.

> @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > > I have only played the first half so I cant judge the second half yet, but i hope its less of a mess than the first half.

> > > Opened story, “go to dolyak stables”. Okay, why? Whats there? When I arrive it turns out my team is there. When was this discussed? I didnt get a mail of any kind. It wasnt mentioned at the end of PoF.. my PC just magically knew.

> > >

> > > Then we have a cool instance, and hats of anet, that mission was epic. Some achievements are just undoable on a 5fps laptop, though, but i wont blame you for that.

> > >

> > > But then I arrive in the new map, and again I magically know where to go. Go to the astralarium. Why? Whats there? How does my PC who just sets foot into Istan even know theres an astralarium? And then, when I arrive, my PC proclaims theres something wrong with the astralarium. So for some weird reason the PC knows there is an astralarium, knows they have to go there, and knows its visual deviates from the norm.

> > > Is this Aurene using telepathy or something?? Why does my PC know all these things without anyone telling us.

> >

> > You know about the stables, because Taimi said so?

> > You know about the Astralarium because agent whatisface told you about it...

> >

> > You can't just NOT LISTEN/READ the story, and then complain you don't know what's happening...

>

> I can if its not there.

> Please read the entire conversation next time.

Except it is there.

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> > > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > > > @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> > > > I have only played the first half so I cant judge the second half yet, but i hope its less of a mess than the first half.

> > > > Opened story, “go to dolyak stables”. Okay, why? Whats there? When I arrive it turns out my team is there. When was this discussed? I didnt get a mail of any kind. It wasnt mentioned at the end of PoF.. my PC just magically knew.

> > > >

> > > > Then we have a cool instance, and hats of anet, that mission was epic. Some achievements are just undoable on a 5fps laptop, though, but i wont blame you for that.

> > > >

> > > > But then I arrive in the new map, and again I magically know where to go. Go to the astralarium. Why? Whats there? How does my PC who just sets foot into Istan even know theres an astralarium? And then, when I arrive, my PC proclaims theres something wrong with the astralarium. So for some weird reason the PC knows there is an astralarium, knows they have to go there, and knows its visual deviates from the norm.

> > > > Is this Aurene using telepathy or something?? Why does my PC know all these things without anyone telling us.

> > >

> > > You know about the stables, because Taimi said so?

> > > You know about the Astralarium because agent whatisface told you about it...

> > >

> > > You can't just NOT LISTEN/READ the story, and then complain you don't know what's happening...

> >

> > I can if its not there.

> > Please read the entire conversation next time.

>

> Except it is there.

Does no one bother to read the conversation anymore

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> > > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > > > I have only played the first half so I cant judge the second half yet, but i hope its less of a mess than the first half.

> > > > Opened story, “go to dolyak stables”. Okay, why? Whats there? When I arrive it turns out my team is there. When was this discussed? I didnt get a mail of any kind. It wasnt mentioned at the end of PoF.. my PC just magically knew.

> > > >

> > > > Then we have a cool instance, and hats of anet, that mission was epic. Some achievements are just undoable on a 5fps laptop, though, but i wont blame you for that.

> > > >

> > > > But then I arrive in the new map, and again I magically know where to go. Go to the astralarium. Why? Whats there? How does my PC who just sets foot into Istan even know theres an astralarium? And then, when I arrive, my PC proclaims theres something wrong with the astralarium. So for some weird reason the PC knows there is an astralarium, knows they have to go there, and knows its visual deviates from the norm.

> > > > Is this Aurene using telepathy or something?? Why does my PC know all these things without anyone telling us.

> > >

> > > You know about the stables, because Taimi said so?

> > > You know about the Astralarium because agent whatisface told you about it...

> > >

> > > You can't just NOT LISTEN/READ the story, and then complain you don't know what's happening...

> >

> > I can if its not there.

> > Please read the entire conversation next time.

>

> Except it is there.

It may not have been for her. I have experienced having a communicator conversation not "pop up" or be audible while playing PoF. I lagged badly so neither the voice over, or the textual bubble showed up, _but_ I do have NPC conversations logged in their own tab and I believe they are still tracked there. So this may have been the OPs issue, which lead to the her misunderstanding.

> @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > > > > @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> > > > > I have only played the first half so I cant judge the second half yet, but i hope its less of a mess than the first half.

> > > > > Opened story, “go to dolyak stables”. Okay, why? Whats there? When I arrive it turns out my team is there. When was this discussed? I didnt get a mail of any kind. It wasnt mentioned at the end of PoF.. my PC just magically knew.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then we have a cool instance, and hats of anet, that mission was epic. Some achievements are just undoable on a 5fps laptop, though, but i wont blame you for that.

> > > > >

> > > > > But then I arrive in the new map, and again I magically know where to go. Go to the astralarium. Why? Whats there? How does my PC who just sets foot into Istan even know theres an astralarium? And then, when I arrive, my PC proclaims theres something wrong with the astralarium. So for some weird reason the PC knows there is an astralarium, knows they have to go there, and knows its visual deviates from the norm.

> > > > > Is this Aurene using telepathy or something?? Why does my PC know all these things without anyone telling us.

> > > >

> > > > You know about the stables, because Taimi said so?

> > > > You know about the Astralarium because agent whatisface told you about it...

> > > >

> > > > You can't just NOT LISTEN/READ the story, and then complain you don't know what's happening...

> > >

> > > I can if its not there.

> > > Please read the entire conversation next time.

> >

> > Except it is there.

>

> Does no one bother to read the conversation anymore

Are you just throwing that statement at everyone that disagrees with you? You complained that various parts of the story didn’t make sense. It was then stated to you that there was actually dialogue filling the gaps you claim exist. You then state there wasn’t. I disagreed with you and said that there was. Am I missing anything?

> @LanfearShadowflame.3189 said:

> > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > > > > @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> > > > > I have only played the first half so I cant judge the second half yet, but i hope its less of a mess than the first half.

> > > > > Opened story, “go to dolyak stables”. Okay, why? Whats there? When I arrive it turns out my team is there. When was this discussed? I didnt get a mail of any kind. It wasnt mentioned at the end of PoF.. my PC just magically knew.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then we have a cool instance, and hats of anet, that mission was epic. Some achievements are just undoable on a 5fps laptop, though, but i wont blame you for that.

> > > > >

> > > > > But then I arrive in the new map, and again I magically know where to go. Go to the astralarium. Why? Whats there? How does my PC who just sets foot into Istan even know theres an astralarium? And then, when I arrive, my PC proclaims theres something wrong with the astralarium. So for some weird reason the PC knows there is an astralarium, knows they have to go there, and knows its visual deviates from the norm.

> > > > > Is this Aurene using telepathy or something?? Why does my PC know all these things without anyone telling us.

> > > >

> > > > You know about the stables, because Taimi said so?

> > > > You know about the Astralarium because agent whatisface told you about it...

> > > >

> > > > You can't just NOT LISTEN/READ the story, and then complain you don't know what's happening...

> > >

> > > I can if its not there.

> > > Please read the entire conversation next time.

> >

> > Except it is there.

>

> It may not have been for her. I have experienced having a communicator conversation not "pop up" or be audible while playing PoF. I lagged badly so neither the voice over, or the textual bubble showed up, _but_ I do have NPC conversations logged in their own tab and I believe they are still tracked there. So this may have been the OPs issue, which lead to the her misunderstanding.

Perhaps if it bugged for them.

> @"Bobby Stein.3612" said:

> Taimi contacts you by communicator as soon as you activate S4E1. She gives you context as to where you're going and why. Like all story-relevant dialogue, it's all logged to chat, so you should be able to read it if you had your volume turned down.

Redid the story, but no dialogue or cutscenes whatsoever. The story journal just updates to new locations. I’ll repair the client next time i have a weekend.

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > > > > > @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> > > > > > I have only played the first half so I cant judge the second half yet, but i hope its less of a mess than the first half.

> > > > > > Opened story, “go to dolyak stables”. Okay, why? Whats there? When I arrive it turns out my team is there. When was this discussed? I didnt get a mail of any kind. It wasnt mentioned at the end of PoF.. my PC just magically knew.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then we have a cool instance, and hats of anet, that mission was epic. Some achievements are just undoable on a 5fps laptop, though, but i wont blame you for that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But then I arrive in the new map, and again I magically know where to go. Go to the astralarium. Why? Whats there? How does my PC who just sets foot into Istan even know theres an astralarium? And then, when I arrive, my PC proclaims theres something wrong with the astralarium. So for some weird reason the PC knows there is an astralarium, knows they have to go there, and knows its visual deviates from the norm.

> > > > > > Is this Aurene using telepathy or something?? Why does my PC know all these things without anyone telling us.

> > > > >

> > > > > You know about the stables, because Taimi said so?

> > > > > You know about the Astralarium because agent whatisface told you about it...

> > > > >

> > > > > You can't just NOT LISTEN/READ the story, and then complain you don't know what's happening...

> > > >

> > > > I can if its not there.

> > > > Please read the entire conversation next time.

> > >

> > > Except it is there.

> >

> > Does no one bother to read the conversation anymore

>

> Are you just throwing that statement at everyone that disagrees with you? You complained that various parts of the story didn’t make sense. It was then stated to you that there was actually dialogue filling the gaps you claim exist. You then state there wasn’t. I disagreed with you and said that there was. Am I missing anything?

>

Just one thing, namely that a problem was asserted, the problem was established, and then we started discussing reasons and possible fixes. Then someone comes along, not reading anything discussed before, and resets the entire conversation in the rudest possible way, so im not sure what kind if reaction you were expecting to get?