More “paths” to legendary gear...

Swagger.1459

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > And unlike "I want shiny or quit", which is just petty, "I want something that's not boring or I quit" is a pretty valid stance.

> > > It's not "I want something that's not boring or I quit". It's "I want that content, _and exclusive shinies to go with it, ones noone else is allowed to have_ or i quit". Please, don't tell me it's more valid stance, because i really don't see any difference (well, besides the one where i _don't_ want to forbid anything to you, but you do want exactly that, which i consider to be far more petty actually)

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Wrong. The exclusive shinies are just a necessity.

> You don't need them at all. You just want them.

>

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > You'll find them in every single piece of new content. Like the just released new map came with an exclusive backpack skin, an exclusive free 32-slot bag and an exclusive shoulder (I think it is) skin.

> The 32-slot bag is not exclusive - there is one more source for those (just not a free one). Additionally both bag and backpack are low engagement - you can progress towards those with casual dropping in/out for 15 minutes apiece, with no preparation. Notice how the part that's harder to get (the meta skin reward) for each LS has also two alternate paths to obtain it (WvW and SPvP reward tracks).

>

> If envoy armor required the same engagement level in raids as the LS stuff, we wouldn't be having this conversation at all.

>

> Now, if you want to complain about Aurora and ask it to be available through raids somehow (or ask for a full raid trinket set), i would _not_ be opposed to that.

>

Yeah, but I don't. I'm perfectly content with how Aurora or whatever is obtained, because I understand that's the way it should be.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > Still, it's telling that a lot of purely PvE players i know prefer to get the legendary armor through PvP means over the PvE option.

> >

> >

>

> I know.. Brilliant idea.. Why don't all the PvE scrubs go and farm PvP for their PvE loot.. I bet the WvW and sPvP players would love that!

>

> Do these people even think about what they are saying?

The thing is, it's not yours until you've accomplished what was requested for it. Similarly to how that Ferrari isn't mine by default, the bastards require me to pay for it.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > Still, it's telling that a lot of purely PvE players i know prefer to get the legendary armor through PvP means over the PvE option.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I know.. Brilliant idea.. Why don't all the PvE scrubs go and farm PvP for their PvE loot.. I bet the WvW and sPvP players would love that!

> >

> > Do these people even think about what they are saying?

>

> The thing is, it's not yours until you've accomplished what was requested for it. Similarly to how that Ferrari isn't mine by default, the bastards require me to pay for it.

Money is not skill gated, it's time gated, anyone can buy a Ferrari, if they want, there is no some requirement for them to have a Olympic gold medal to make the purchase. Understand the problem here now?

Gonna bet no.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" Why dont you make wvw leggy or PvP leggy armor? What is stopping you?

>

> Humm let me think.. why don't I just go play a **more challenging game mode like PvP**, which requires more skill, more time and more effort to be good at, for the armor.. Wow.. well.. beyond the obvious of it being more demanding, requiring more skill, and having more challenging opponents.. I can't think of any reason not to do that path.

I honestly think you troll al this time, here. I mean, the constant "my demographic" argument is weak, at best. The fact that you do not want to progress the game makes it clear, to me at least, that you just want legendary armor (for the looks, as you yourself have said) by killing Tequatl 100 times, doing 200 dailies or 500 Jps. I was sceptical about OW pve leggy armor, now it is clear that ANET shouldnt make it possible. The argument that "i do not play this content, so make it happen or else I will quit" is childish. I want a legendary backpack, too. Sadly, my demographic cannot stand fractals/pvp/wvw. So, ANET better give me an open world/JP/Karka Queen legendary backpack, or else they wont get money from me. See how that sounds?

Have a wonderful day.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" Why dont you make wvw leggy or PvP leggy armor? What is stopping you?

> >

> > Humm let me think.. why don't I just go play a **more challenging game mode like PvP**, which requires more skill, more time and more effort to be good at, for the armor.. Wow.. well.. beyond the obvious of it being more demanding, requiring more skill, and having more challenging opponents.. I can't think of any reason not to do that path.

>

> I honestly think you troll al this time, here. I mean, the constant "my demographic" argument is weak, at best. The fact that you do not want to progress the game makes it clear, to me at least, that you just want legendary armor (for the looks, as you yourself have said) by killing Tequatl 100 times, doing 200 dailies or 500 Jps. I was sceptical about OW pve leggy armor, now it is clear that ANET shouldnt make it possible. The argument that "i do not play this content, so make it happen or else I will quit" is childish. I want a legendary backpack, too. Sadly, my demographic cannot stand fractals/pvp/wvw. So, ANET better give me an open world/JP/Karka Queen legendary backpack, or else they wont get money from me. See how that sounds?

> Have a wonderful day.

Most people that do raids, also do Fractals, so not sure what demographic you belong to, but.. gonna bet it's pretty small.. so, well, not being rude, but all 3 of you can feel free to slam the door on the way out.

By the way, how much would they lose if you left? 20 a month plus maybe 50 for the expansions.. if that much?

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

>

> Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

What's the whole point of this thread if I may ask?

-There is already legendary armor for all game modes and the only difference is that raid armor has a different skin...if you want the skin then play the content ? And no..I hate raids but I need legendary armor for wvw..so I just do that and craft legendary armor using wvw mode, I don't need the skin, if I want the skin I play the content

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > Still, it's telling that a lot of purely PvE players i know prefer to get the legendary armor through PvP means over the PvE option.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I know.. Brilliant idea.. Why don't all the PvE scrubs go and farm PvP for their PvE loot.. I bet the WvW and sPvP players would love that!

> > >

> > > Do these people even think about what they are saying?

> >

> > The thing is, it's not yours until you've accomplished what was requested for it. Similarly to how that Ferrari isn't mine by default, the bastards require me to pay for it.

>

> Money is not skill gated, it's time gated, anyone can buy a Ferrari, if they want, there is no some requirement for them to have a Olympic gold medal to make the purchase. Understand the problem here now?

>

> Gonna bet no.

Is it not, now? So how come very few people can afford one?

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> Back on topic - there are three ways to obtain leg armor and that is how the game designers have created it. Your proposal seems to be to simplify the acquisition methods, therefore simplify those aspects of the game. Studies have shown that given two options, a player will predominantly chose the "safer", long grind over the faster, "riskier" method. So you will end up with 80% of those trying to obtain leg armor taking the long grind route. Everyone can relate, that the grind way is boring; which could lead to people leaving the game because of lack of stimulation.

> There is definitely no need for any other "paths" to leg gear in my opinion.

I disagree.

Raids in this game aren't risky, they're not some sort of Dark Souls/Cuphead material. I'd actually argue that they are both the safest and the fastest method to obtain legendary armor. It's just that the difficult part about raiding is to actually get into that content. And yes, you could say "But dude, just join a 'training'-guild or make up your own LFG", but that just doesn't adress the deeper layer of the inaccessibility-problem.

The first problem is that this game is far too convenient in sorting out other people. Both LI and KP shouldn't be postable to other people since raids themselves should be content for the masses while CMs should be difficult content for the "elite". In that regard, the "elite" would have their entry-barrier in CM-titles while raids themselves are accessible to everyone. And yeah: This would p*ss people off, but let's be honest. Most people already regard the game as some kind of job, crying if they need even an extra minute more than their "limit" for certain activities like fractals due to "efficiency". But to be honest, I certainly don't care about those people; I care about people who play games to have fun and it would be far healthier for the game if raid-content would be more accessible than it is right now. It would also be more healthy for the game in general and especially for the community if people would have to communicate more. This game is also in dire need of a decent guild-browser since the LFG alone isn't powerful enough. A guild-browser would also be a brilliant idea in regard of the upcoming WvW-restructuring.

The second problem is the huge PvE-inbalance this game offers. Even if I would want to join a LFG-squad or a 'training'-guild, I couldn't, because this game is far too centered on Chrono as tank and alacrity-bot and Druid as heal and might-bot. These specializations are far too powerful and omnipotent, in most cases locking four out of ten slots of every raid-squad. These classes need to be nerfed desparately or ANet finally needs to massively nerf buffs in general while also making other support-specializations more viable. It shouldn't be a thing that you have the strongest buffs of the game permanently on you. In that regard, I have to disagree with your opinion about GW2s combat-system. Sure, it's good and definitely among the better ones in the MMORPG-market. But besides some utilities, there's absolutely no sense of CD-management in this game. Buffs are also far too powerful; they shouldn't permanently double your dps.

You could come again now with the "build your own squad via LFG"-argument, but that won't help either 'cause people are far too centered, far too mentally fixed on the meta-sickness that they won't accept other solutions. You don't even have to go into raids to see that, fractals are fairly sufficient since many people who will join a party without Chrono and/or Druid will downright leave instantly because they have to operate outside of their comfort-zone, even though T4-fractals - maybe with the exception of CMs - are also doable without your typical meta-setup, if people would actually follow mechanics and put in some effort.

Lastly, the third problem is that raids are vastly different from the main-game gameplay-wise. While professions in the base-game have to be self-sufficient and more of a jack of all trades in general OW-content, story-content and - to some degree - even in PvP/WvW, they have to specialize in raids which makes raids a whole other game-experience and are somewhat clearly cut off of the rest of the game. GW2s base content is also somewhat too easy. At the very least your typical auto-atk-event-chains are. ANet really needs to stop implementing brainless stuff like Palawadan and needs to make clear that GW2 is a game and not some kind of interactive movie so that people are actually prepared for more difficult content. At the very least, OW-content needs more diversity in difficulty.

As it stands, I also think that there should be at least one more PvE-path for legendary armor if ANet doesn't fix the inaccessibility-problem. And it's not like I want to have that armor handed to me for free; i actually want to earn it. It can be more difficult to achieve, but please: this game needs a PvE-path to legendary armor that is open to everyone.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > Still, it's telling that a lot of purely PvE players i know prefer to get the legendary armor through PvP means over the PvE option.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I know.. Brilliant idea.. Why don't all the PvE scrubs go and farm PvP for their PvE loot.. I bet the WvW and sPvP players would love that!

> > > >

> > > > Do these people even think about what they are saying?

> > >

> > > The thing is, it's not yours until you've accomplished what was requested for it. Similarly to how that Ferrari isn't mine by default, the bastards require me to pay for it.

> >

> > Money is not skill gated, it's time gated, anyone can buy a Ferrari, if they want, there is no some requirement for them to have a Olympic gold medal to make the purchase. Understand the problem here now?

> >

> > Gonna bet no.

>

> Is it not, now? So how come very few people can afford one?

>

Priority.. Simply put, it's not worth the price to them. Much for the same reason why we are all not wearing 1000 dollar shoes, and you don't own every gem store item.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> I honestly think you troll al this time, here. I mean, the constant "my demographic" argument is weak, at best. The fact that you do not want to progress the game makes it clear, to me at least, that you just want legendary armor (for the looks, as you yourself have said) by killing Tequatl 100 times, doing 200 dailies or 500 Jps. I was sceptical about OW pve leggy armor, now it is clear that ANET shouldnt make it possible. The argument that "i do not play this content, so make it happen or else I will quit" is childish. I want a legendary backpack, too. Sadly, my demographic cannot stand fractals/pvp/wvw. So, ANET better give me an open world/JP/Karka Queen legendary backpack, or else they wont get money from me. See how that sounds?

> Have a wonderful day.

Question: weren't you the one asking for better WvW & sPvP rewards for the sake of "giving out comparable rewards for the time people put into it"? You were complaining about how you want more fairness for yourself but are also telling others stuff like "Why dont you make wvw leggy or PvP leggy armor? What is stopping you?", "ANET shouldnt make OW pve leggy armor" and "the constant "my demographic" argument is weak, at best". The hypocrisy real.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> > I honestly think you troll al this time, here. I mean, the constant "my demographic" argument is weak, at best. The fact that you do not want to progress the game makes it clear, to me at least, that you just want legendary armor (for the looks, as you yourself have said) by killing Tequatl 100 times, doing 200 dailies or 500 Jps. I was sceptical about OW pve leggy armor, now it is clear that ANET shouldnt make it possible. The argument that "i do not play this content, so make it happen or else I will quit" is childish. I want a legendary backpack, too. Sadly, my demographic cannot stand fractals/pvp/wvw. So, ANET better give me an open world/JP/Karka Queen legendary backpack, or else they wont get money from me. See how that sounds?

> > Have a wonderful day.

> Question: weren't you the one asking for better WvW & sPvP rewards for the sake of "giving out comparable rewards for the time people put into it"? You were ranting on about how you want more fairness for yourself but are also telling others stuff like "Why dont you make wvw leggy or PvP leggy armor? What is stopping you?", "ANET shouldnt make OW pve leggy armor" and "the constant "my demographic" argument is weak, at best". The hypocrisy is strong in this one.

Time + effort spent, make rewards what they are. WvW is lacking in that regard, pve raiding overrewards, as I have said before. Time is one thing, effort is another. WvW requires the element of time more, PvE raids more effort (after a point where you get all mechanics down). Cannot speak of spvp, i dont do pvp. I also do not raid. Comparable rewards, in OW pve, could be an ascended trinket/an ascended armor-weapon box (or a higher chance of getting one at Teq/TT etc)- Or, wait, they have ascended trinkets in LS3 maps, with selectable stats!! Farming 20 mins of berries for a selectable stat trinket is big. Something other modes certainly do not have. OW pve rewards you well. But legendary armor? I kinda think it is overkill. Lets face it, people want the skins and the prestige that comes from having pve raiding skin(which i quite honestly cant understand). Wvw/spvp dont have exclusive legendary armor skins. thats why most people want the PvE skin, cause it is EXCLUSIVE.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" Why dont you make wvw leggy or PvP leggy armor? What is stopping you?

> > >

> > > Humm let me think.. why don't I just go play a **more challenging game mode like PvP**, which requires more skill, more time and more effort to be good at, for the armor.. Wow.. well.. beyond the obvious of it being more demanding, requiring more skill, and having more challenging opponents.. I can't think of any reason not to do that path.

> >

> > I honestly think you troll al this time, here. I mean, the constant "my demographic" argument is weak, at best. The fact that you do not want to progress the game makes it clear, to me at least, that you just want legendary armor (for the looks, as you yourself have said) by killing Tequatl 100 times, doing 200 dailies or 500 Jps. I was sceptical about OW pve leggy armor, now it is clear that ANET shouldnt make it possible. The argument that "i do not play this content, so make it happen or else I will quit" is childish. I want a legendary backpack, too. Sadly, my demographic cannot stand fractals/pvp/wvw. So, ANET better give me an open world/JP/Karka Queen legendary backpack, or else they wont get money from me. See how that sounds?

> > Have a wonderful day.

>

> Most people that do raids, also do Fractals, so not sure what demographic you belong to, but.. gonna bet it's pretty small.. so, well, not being rude, but all 3 of you can feel free to slam the door on the way out.

>

> By the way, how much would they lose if you left? 20 a month plus maybe 50 for the expansions.. if that much?

I cannot, for the life of me, enter a raid. Have done it for a little bit in the past, (5 LI here) but thats it. Have always done fractals (which are easy to learn). So... Why dont you try some modes you havent tried/havent put effort into? Fractals start at lv1. Not at 100CM. My demographic is WvW, if that means anything

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" Why dont you make wvw leggy or PvP leggy armor? What is stopping you?

> > > >

> > > > Humm let me think.. why don't I just go play a **more challenging game mode like PvP**, which requires more skill, more time and more effort to be good at, for the armor.. Wow.. well.. beyond the obvious of it being more demanding, requiring more skill, and having more challenging opponents.. I can't think of any reason not to do that path.

> > >

> > > I honestly think you troll al this time, here. I mean, the constant "my demographic" argument is weak, at best. The fact that you do not want to progress the game makes it clear, to me at least, that you just want legendary armor (for the looks, as you yourself have said) by killing Tequatl 100 times, doing 200 dailies or 500 Jps. I was sceptical about OW pve leggy armor, now it is clear that ANET shouldnt make it possible. The argument that "i do not play this content, so make it happen or else I will quit" is childish. I want a legendary backpack, too. Sadly, my demographic cannot stand fractals/pvp/wvw. So, ANET better give me an open world/JP/Karka Queen legendary backpack, or else they wont get money from me. See how that sounds?

> > > Have a wonderful day.

> >

> > Most people that do raids, also do Fractals, so not sure what demographic you belong to, but.. gonna bet it's pretty small.. so, well, not being rude, but all 3 of you can feel free to slam the door on the way out.

> >

> > By the way, how much would they lose if you left? 20 a month plus maybe 50 for the expansions.. if that much?

>

> I cannot, for the life of me, enter a raid. Have done it for a little bit in the past, (5 LI here) but thats it. Have always done fractals (which are easy to learn). So... Why dont you try some modes you havent tried/havent put effort into? Fractals start at lv1. Not at 100CM. My demographic is WvW, if that means anything

Gonna agree with the others, when you fuss that your demographic (IE: WvW) needs better rewards then then say this _other_ group does not.. yah I agree with the others, that's a real hypocrite move..

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> OW pve rewards you well. But legendary armor? I kinda think it is overkill.

How so? You brought up stuff like killing Tequatl / doing JP as if this is some kind of "OW PvE content is just too easy to justify its own legendary set" argument despite the fact that the WvW set is pretty much "kill a bunch of veteran creatures", so if you really think that OW PvE is too easy for it to have its own legendary set then you should also be for the removal of (at least) the WvW one(s). But if it's about "giving out comparable rewards for the time people put into it" then you pretty much don't have any arguments against stuff like an OW legendary armor set linked to an overarching reward system akin to what both WvW and sPvP already have.

Also, "but OW alredy has a lot of specialised rewards which give you X/Y/Z" is (for me) not really an argument either since I already stated (multiple times) that both WvW and sPvP should also have more unique specialised rewards just like OW PvE curently does.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > Still, it's telling that a lot of purely PvE players i know prefer to get the legendary armor through PvP means over the PvE option.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I know.. Brilliant idea.. Why don't all the PvE scrubs go and farm PvP for their PvE loot.. I bet the WvW and sPvP players would love that!

> > > > >

> > > > > Do these people even think about what they are saying?

> > > >

> > > > The thing is, it's not yours until you've accomplished what was requested for it. Similarly to how that Ferrari isn't mine by default, the bastards require me to pay for it.

> > >

> > > Money is not skill gated, it's time gated, anyone can buy a Ferrari, if they want, there is no some requirement for them to have a Olympic gold medal to make the purchase. Understand the problem here now?

> > >

> > > Gonna bet no.

> >

> > Is it not, now? So how come very few people can afford one?

> >

>

> Priority.. Simply put, it's not worth the price to them. Much for the same reason why we are all not wearing 1000 dollar shoes, and you don't own every gem store item.

Priority? Mate, I don't know what world you live in, but in the one I do, for the vast majority of the people it's not a matter of choice or priorities. They simply don't have access to this kind of money. Unlike that, raiding is, in fact, a matter of choice. And your metaphor the Olympic medals is a ridiculous exaggeration. All raids require is some persistence. All the skill you need everyone can comfortably achieve by just playing. But I guess everything that requires something more than pressing '1' is equivalent to requiring an Olympic medal.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> -There is already legendary armor for all game modes

No. There is the WvW armor and the SPvP armor, but there's no PvE armor. Raids are part of pve, but within that gamemode they are niche sidecontent, so raid armor cannot be really called _the_ PvE armor, or meant for the whole gamemode. If the other two sets followed the same principles, you could only get SPvP armor for (for example) doing stronghold, and WvW one for kills in Obsidian Sanctum. And you would not be able to progress them doing anything else in those two modes.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > Not being rude, but raids have added nothing positive to this game as far as I see it, and I would wager a bet they lost well over 10% of their casual player base due to adding raids, which far outstrips the few that they retained by inclusion into the game.

>

> I think they would maybe lose 0,001% or less of the player population if they dropped raids like dungeons. I can't imagine someone looking up games for raiding on the Internet, and then deciding to start playing GW2 because the raids are so popular. They would play WoW or FF14, not GW2.

>

> I wonder what Anet's expectation was when it comes to how many players of the community end up raiding, and how far away this number is from reality.

>

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

> > > >

> > > > That makes no sense though ... you don't need it ... so you CAN play how you want.

> > > The players asking for raids didn't need them either.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > What is your point? I don't see how that's related to my comment.

>

> His point is that "don't need" is a pointless remark for anything. You only really need is water, food, air, shelter and maybe community. Anything else is a want, but it's what drives us.

I'm not into arguing existentialist positions so that people can justify getting legendary armor ... it's stupid and unrealistic in the scope of the discussion, which is what you NEED ingame and how you get what you need. Someone arguing they can't play how they want because they can't get legendary armor doing content THEY choose to do is nonsense, PERIOD. The fact is that there needs to be SOME way to get the armor and Anet choose Raids. You don't get to choose how you want it, it's not Burger King here. I want the WvW only back item ... but I have to do massive amounts of WvW to get it. That's not something to QQ about, it's simply the nature of MMO's ... you do the content to get the rewards specific to them. Time to melt some snowflakes.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > Still, it's telling that a lot of purely PvE players i know prefer to get the legendary armor through PvP means over the PvE option.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I know.. Brilliant idea.. Why don't all the PvE scrubs go and farm PvP for their PvE loot.. I bet the WvW and sPvP players would love that!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do these people even think about what they are saying?

> > > > >

> > > > > The thing is, it's not yours until you've accomplished what was requested for it. Similarly to how that Ferrari isn't mine by default, the bastards require me to pay for it.

> > > >

> > > > Money is not skill gated, it's time gated, anyone can buy a Ferrari, if they want, there is no some requirement for them to have a Olympic gold medal to make the purchase. Understand the problem here now?

> > > >

> > > > Gonna bet no.

> > >

> > > Is it not, now? So how come very few people can afford one?

> > >

> >

> > Priority.. Simply put, it's not worth the price to them. Much for the same reason why we are all not wearing 1000 dollar shoes, and you don't own every gem store item.

>

> Priority? Mate, I don't know what world you live in, but in the one I do, for the vast majority of the people it's not a matter of choice or priorities. They simply don't have access to this kind of money. Unlike that, raiding is, in fact, a matter of choice. And your metaphor the Olympic medals is a ridiculous exaggeration. All raids require is some persistence. All the skill you need everyone can comfortably achieve by just playing. But I guess everything that requires something more than pressing '1' is equivalent to requiring an Olympic medal.

LOL.. no more an exaggeration then your claims that people only play no skill 11111 content.. _mate_.

But since you are flopping all over the place about raids, either they are hard content and thus the gear is a mark of pride or it's stupid easy content that anyone can do in which case you should not care if there are other methods.. but.. lets get real.. Since you can't even keep a constant point.. there is no real reason to keep talking with you.

Not calling you a liar.. just someone flopping all over all over the place that has no consistency.. I hope you play the game better then you forum.

In either case.. I notice no one likes to talk about money, gonna bet that it's because we all know Anet lost more money alienating Me over the last 2 years then made off any one of you for the entire time you have been playing.. even if you started from the very beginning.

Anyway.. as it stands wasting time watching you all flop around like fish on a line, is not really fun.

Anet made their choice, and such is what it is.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > > Still, it's telling that a lot of purely PvE players i know prefer to get the legendary armor through PvP means over the PvE option.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I know.. Brilliant idea.. Why don't all the PvE scrubs go and farm PvP for their PvE loot.. I bet the WvW and sPvP players would love that!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do these people even think about what they are saying?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The thing is, it's not yours until you've accomplished what was requested for it. Similarly to how that Ferrari isn't mine by default, the bastards require me to pay for it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Money is not skill gated, it's time gated, anyone can buy a Ferrari, if they want, there is no some requirement for them to have a Olympic gold medal to make the purchase. Understand the problem here now?

> > > > >

> > > > > Gonna bet no.

> > > >

> > > > Is it not, now? So how come very few people can afford one?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Priority.. Simply put, it's not worth the price to them. Much for the same reason why we are all not wearing 1000 dollar shoes, and you don't own every gem store item.

> >

> > Priority? Mate, I don't know what world you live in, but in the one I do, for the vast majority of the people it's not a matter of choice or priorities. They simply don't have access to this kind of money. Unlike that, raiding is, in fact, a matter of choice. And your metaphor the Olympic medals is a ridiculous exaggeration. All raids require is some persistence. All the skill you need everyone can comfortably achieve by just playing. But I guess everything that requires something more than pressing '1' is equivalent to requiring an Olympic medal.

>

> LOL.. no more an exaggeration then your claims that people only play no skill 11111 content.. _mate_.

Except it actually is.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> But since you are flopping all over the place about raids, either they are hard content and thus the gear is a mark of pride or it's stupid easy content that anyone can do in which case you should not care if there are other methods..

This right here is called the "black-or-white" logical fallacy. A feat can be both challenging enough to warrant being proud of achieving it and feasible enough so basically everyone can achieve it. Like I said, raids about persistence.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

>but.. lets get real.. Since you can't even keep a constant point.. there is no real reason to keep talking with you.

>

> Not calling you a liar.. just someone flopping all over all over the place that has no consistency.. I hope you play the game better then you forum.

And this right here is more of an "ad hominem", but I think you're only looking for an easy way out.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:>

> In either case.. I notice no one likes to talk about money, gonna bet that it's because we all know Anet lost more money alienating Me over the last 2 years then made off any one of you for the entire time you have been playing.. even if you started from the very beginning.

>

> Anyway.. as it stands wasting time watching you all flop around like fish on a line, is not really fun.

>

> Anet made their choice, and such is what it is.

And this is plain childish. I get it, your bills are larger than mine. You're single-handedly responsible for the market success on GW2 since launch. Seriously? :lol:

Have I told you debating with you is amusing? It became outright hilarious recently.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:>

> > In either case.. I notice no one likes to talk about money, gonna bet that it's because we all know Anet lost more money alienating Me over the last 2 years then made off any one of you for the entire time you have been playing.. even if you started from the very beginning.

> >

> > Anyway.. as it stands wasting time watching you all flop around like fish on a line, is not really fun.

> >

> > Anet made their choice, and such is what it is.

>

> And this is plain childish. I get it, your bills are larger than mine. You're single-handedly responsible for the market success on GW2 since launch. Seriously? :lol:

>

> Have I told you debating with you is amusing? It became outright hilarious recently.

Wish I could say you were funny,but you're not, in fact there is really nothing enjoyable about trying to have a discussion with you at all, You flop around all over the place, constantly change stances, and are willfully oblivious to very simple points.

So let me hold your hand on this one simple easy to grasp point. _Your demographic is not as profitable as mine_.

Now, want to impress with me something other then you ability to rehearse scripted combat instances.. prove me wrong.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> So let me hold your hand on this one simple easy to grasp point. _Your demographic is not as profitable as mine_.

So let me hold your hand on this:

A + B > A when B > 0. My demographic creates non-zero profits. See where I'm heading with that?