Last ditch effort to bring in pvp players

Trigr.6481

Somehow they don't understand, that there are a lot players that enjoy both, expect both to be good and would play more and spend more money on that game. I'm playing mostly PvE now, I've spend some money on that game and would continue to, but not if PvP stays like this.

I guess ArenaNet are just ret*rds, that see only by numbers, that more players play PvE (what makes sense, because PvP and WvW is simply bad) and think that's enough and don't need to care about anything else.

PvP modes are uninnovative and boring, every moba has better modes,

the classes are unbalanced,

they think their downed system is something special, it is, a special kind of ret*rded,

competitive play is not supported, no wonder ESL don't want GW2 anymore.

Overall big and interesting world, but managed by Idiots.

> @Seb.6371 said:

> Somehow they don't understand, that there are a lot players that enjoy both, expect both to be good and would play more and spend more money on that game. I'm playing mostly PvE now, I've spend some money on that game and would continue to, but not if PvP stays like this.

i totally agree, if this game would be balanced enough in pvp to become a fair competitive game, and then maybe add good rewards in tournaments

i guess a LOT more people would play this game

i also like the idea of OP

> @Trigr.6481 said:

> So my suggestion is what if you made heart of the mists free, as a makeshift glorified trial. Players would get access to every expansion in terms of talent specializations that everyone else does so there's a equal playing field, and you can stay there permanently if you'd like to, but if you'd like to go outside the heart of the mists, then you'd obviously need to buy the expansions to do so.

since it would lure more people in, that don´t want to spend money on a game and rather play "true" f2p compettitive games, and then buy stuff because they like the game.

But for that to work, i guess they need to fix some issues before that.

in my opinion:

- condition damage needs to go down by a good amount

- remove rally or downed in pvp

- remove boon corruption in that extend (it´s like the specialty of spellbreaker on a nekro, but in better!)

• 1 month later...

PvP in Gw2 died the moment they went from equality in vanilla(competitive balance) to gated content model where people had to farm(casual balance) to get access to game changing content.

Also, Anet has no clue what to do so there is no reason to play except for PvE, which to be fair is boring, me vs script.

> @"HeadCrowned.6834" said:

> Yup, agreed. PvP is indeed the face of a game, and Anet invests way too little in that face.

Yeah even when it comes to attracing new players in general: tell me what kind of player will want to start a new MMO when they read/hear the pvp in the game is dead & a complete joke. Personally that would just turn me straight around to never look back.

**Oh plzzz, there's is no bringing back**. When you ppl will ever learn this is it? This is what this game has to offer. There NO balance. No New Maps with New Game mods except conquest. There's lots of pretend balance..Lots of Pretend new features & maps....but....THIS IS IT! DEAL WITH IT!

> @"choovanski.5462" said:

> @"Cyczer.7834" is right about the state of the game

>

> tbh, unless anet decides they actually want to add group play and balance the game this game pvp will just bleed more players. honestly, i don’t think they have any intention to fix the gamemode, if they wanted to they would have done it a long time ago.

>

> one thing they will never do is give the expansions out for free. that directly cuts into the money they make, there is no way they would do that.

What if they would make one expansion down free? Like Heart of Thorns would be free now you can't tell me they are making any real money off that at this point. You could make the argument that luring new players to the game could bring in more money then selling an old expansion.

> @"DalinarKholin.6283" said:

> > @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > @"Cyczer.7834" is right about the state of the game

> >

> > tbh, unless anet decides they actually want to add group play and balance the game this game pvp will just bleed more players. honestly, i don’t think they have any intention to fix the gamemode, if they wanted to they would have done it a long time ago.

> >

> > one thing they will never do is give the expansions out for free. that directly cuts into the money they make, there is no way they would do that.

>

> What if they would make one expansion down free? Like Heart of Thorns would be free now you can't tell me they are making any real money off that at this point. You could make the argument that luring new players to the game could bring in more money then selling an old expansion.

LMAO