Think that the nercos are overpowered, wait untill you meet a p/p deadeye...

Jasonbdj.4021

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Jasonbdj.4021 said:

> Seriously, down within few sec. Theft just spawns one simple skill and can take the whole team down with it.[https://ibb.co/cBNRNw](https://ibb.co/cBNRNw "https://ibb.co/cBNRNw")

It look like a unload spam build. I will share video with you by a thief player playing that build. Your thoughts?

(new updated video in kink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv0m2lFIBE4

The pistol autos dealing 2-2.5k damage is my favorite meme. Thief is the epitome of bad game design in that they often die if you bring one niche skill or trait, but otherwise they'll typically come out on top through passive play (or they'll, at least, never die). The only effective way to win is to just counter-build. There is zero skill involved in that process.

Yea, P/P thief is a one-trick pony that will get a fast kill at the start of the game...

Then people realize that there's a P/P thief on the other team and train him for a free kill every single spawn.

I love seeing a P/P thief on the other team. They're dead weight and an easy target that's squishy and terrible at escaping.

> @Dahkeus.8243 said:

> Yea, P/P thief is a one-trick pony that will get a fast kill at the start of the game...

>

> Then people realize that there's a P/P thief on the other team and train him for a free kill every single spawn.

>

> I love seeing a P/P thief on the other team. They're dead weight and an easy target that's squishy and terrible at escaping.

Yeah, playing Shiro/Glint I spend a good chunk of every game killing these things to protect my scourge. Phase Traversal + Gaze of Darkness ftw... I can definitely understand people's frustration with how slippery they can be though if you don't have a teleport and reveal in your kit.

p/p thief pretty much exclusively beats necromancers (assuming you were one). Although their +1 is pretty good though as a full unload to an unsuspecting target really hurts. Other that that, p/p deadeye and by extension p/p thief is not broken at all. IMO i'd say it's too weak but at the same time i'd rather not see it buffed because I don't like it's play style.

> @Dahkeus.8243 said:

> Yea, P/P thief is a one-trick pony that will get a fast kill at the start of the game...

>

> Then people realize that there's a P/P thief on the other team and train him for a free kill every single spawn.

>

> I love seeing a P/P thief on the other team. They're dead weight and an easy target that's squishy and terrible at escaping.

^^this. P/P regardless the build is extremely easy to counter and they basically cause 4v5 if enemy is not completely afk. The only thing they have going for them is element of surprise at the start of the match, that is really.

Last few games I encountered a p/p deadeye / daredevil I killed them with my dagger+greatsword shout reaper.

That's how shit a build it is. If it's not a +1, they're going to lose to anyone with half a brain and a projectile destruction/reflect.

If it is a plus 1, it's quite alright.. but so is any thief build. A blink backstab from stealth is far more efficient than pewpews.

But it's a fun build to play, so why not let them have it I suppose?

> @Murdock.6547 said:

> Last few games I encountered a p/p deadeye / daredevil I killed them with my dagger+greatsword shout reaper.

> That's how kitten a build it is. If it's not a +1, they're going to lose to anyone with half a brain and a projectile destruction/reflect.

> If it is a plus 1, it's quite alright.. but so is any thief build. A blink backstab from stealth is far more efficient than pewpews.

>

> But it's a fun build to play, so why not let them have it I suppose?

A semi-competently played dash dd should eat that reaper build for lunch. Too much mobility for a nearly full melee reaper to land any hits against.

> @FOX.3582 said:

> You are just a really bad player if you lose against a deadeye.

I never said I had problems, am running Mesmer however this thief wiped half the team.

I am just pointing out that why a simple one skill doing stupidly high damage less then within few second (instant too due to quickness) with no effort needed?

Didn't ask for judgment or such a useless post.....

I just believe it is indeed overpowered simple.

I've of course fallen victim to this, but I don't see this as a major balance issue compared to scourge, firebrand -> mirage -> holo, spellbreaker, druid -> etc. (each grouping is a tier of OPness in my eyes) And p/p deadeye isn't even on the first 3 groups that need nerfs first.

I destroy them on many builds. Without unblockables, the build is manageable.

If you have a necro with half a brain cell he/she will just toss down marks on top of the p/p deadeye or a ranger to bow them down. Remember, p/p only has 900 range. If a p/p deadeye is killing an entire team then that team has no situational awareness or understands target prioritization. Short range, lack of mobility other than bow #5 which they may not be able to use after spamming their pistol #3, lack of condition cleansing, low health, low armor. All you really need to do is just sneeze on them and they will die.

> @Elxdark.9702 said:

> p/p deadeye is only good if there isn't a thief on the enemy team and also you are against x2 scourge.

> And yes the damage is insane but that's all, it's just really good against scourge and average against everything else.

I must be doing something wrong. im good against all but scourges (and the occasional SpBr) :p

> @Elxdark.9702 said:

> p/p deadeye is only good if there isn't a thief on the enemy team and also you are against x2 scourge.

> And yes the damage is insane but that's all, it's just really good against scourge and average against everything else.

I think you mean necros in general not just scourge. Nothing like having your entire shroud bar deleted by 1 unload, and necros only have 2 dodge charges.

tbh p/p should have been redone ages ago. A weaponset that exclusively focuses on spamming 1 button repeatedly is just dumb.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @Elxdark.9702 said:

> > p/p deadeye is only good if there isn't a thief on the enemy team and also you are against x2 scourge.

> > And yes the damage is insane but that's all, it's just really good against scourge and average against everything else.

>

> I think you mean necros in general not just scourge. Nothing like having your entire shroud bar deleted by 1 unload, and necros only have 2 dodge charges.

>

> tbh p/p should have been redone ages ago. A weaponset that exclusively focuses on spamming 1 button repeatedly is just dumb.

Yea, whether P/P is powerful or not, it needs an overhaul.

It’s a bit of a shame, because unload has a really awesome animation, but a one button spam makes it impossible to balance. If I were dev for a day I would make it a higher damage version of unload when you are at full initiative with a higher initiative cost and when you are below full initiative, it would be low damage double shot (one shot from each pistol). This would preserve the cool animation and big burst without being a spammable ability.