PvP Discussion: Miscellaneous

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > Ben, Quaggan has a question, it's "balancing" question, but it's about Amulets, which is the part you handle, not "balance team".

> > Quaggan wonders, if you considered ever adding profession unique Amulets? Minstrel for example, while we know Minstrel would be completly broken on Druid or Firebrand, it could be "fine" as Elementalist exclusive.

>

> We'd need some new tech. I'm not sure it's something we'd want to do, as I think it might add some confusion to the game. But we can talk about it internally.

Quaggan doesn't think anything can add more confusion than Mirage!

On serious note, Quaggan believes, that adding some "confusion" wouldn't be bad as long as it would allow you do separate balancing, e.g.

* You consider Fresh Air to be too glasy, so you add "Elementalist Amulet" which has higher stats than Marauder (more Vitality) and this amulet can be equipped only by Elementalist.

* You consider Tempest has not enough sustain, but you don't want to give more sustain to Weaver, so you add Minstrel and you call it Minstrel [Tempest], which can be only equipped by Elementalists, who have active Tempest traitline (can't change Tempest traitline as long as Amulet is choosen).

* This way you can give more HP to Core Guardians or Dragonhunters, while not giving more HP to Firebrand. You obviously can give some outperforming professions like Mirage less stats (e.g. condition) on their Amulet versions.

It could be step into right direction, as you wouldn't have to remove Amulets from sPvP just because one profession/specialization is performing too well.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Zlater.6789" said:

> Ben I was just wondering, what is the processes that is involved in adding a new amulet into pvp? I'm just curious about what all of the things are that you consider before finally putting the go ahead on an amulet.

It's a pretty simple process. Every once in a while, a few of us get together and discuss if there are any different stat combinations we think would be both useful and not broken. Sometimes, someone suggests a combination on the forums and we'll talk about it.

I dont know if it's said allready but what about if your team doesnt like the comp or there is one very toxic player on your team you can vote to rematchmake at the beginning of the game. Its so annoying when you get matched with the same guy who afks mid game or with a team that isn't strong enough to fight the enemy and still have to play the whole game.

Also i think it will motivate people to be less toxic because if you're toxic and no one wants to play with you you can't play pvp.

> > @blarghhrrkblah.3412 said:

> > Would it be possible to have the ability to rebind the map ping key? Currently it seems to be hard coded in as shift. It's really irritating because I (and many others) use that key for other things such as dodge, etc.

>

> I'll ask.

Hey Ben, it's been awhile, and I just wanted to know if there has been any progress on this. Thanks.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"blarghhrrkblah.3412" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @blarghhrrkblah.3412 said:

> > > Would it be possible to have the ability to rebind the map ping key? Currently it seems to be hard coded in as shift. It's really irritating because I (and many others) use that key for other things such as dodge, etc.

> >

> > I'll ask.

>

> Hey Ben, it's been awhile, and I just wanted to know if there has been any progress on this. Thanks.

It's on our backlog to look into. Our list is long, so it's going to take us a while to really dig into a lot of the things. I'm hoping when I get back from the Holiday break, I'll be able to put up an "In Progress" list. None of it will be a surprise to anyone at this point, but it might help as a reference.

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > @AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

> > > Talking about diversity:

> > > Could you add an option, to enable **Standard Enemy Models**—SEM—for your own team *(for WvW, too)*? SEM have the nice side effect to *disable* all auras and back items on players’ models. A “nice to have” in my opinion.

> >

> > That would be one of the greatest thing ever.

> > Standard models everywhere.

> >

>

> We've talked about this a few times. Cal brings it up specifically because he hates Twilight. It's on the backlog.

If you’re really going to extend the **SEM**, could you improve *one* thing, while you’re at it?

Could you change the model for **male Thief**, pretty please? <3

Currently he wears the [Assassin armour set](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_armor "") and uses the same hair style like the **male Ranger**, so you have to look *twice* to recognise the profession *(which isn’t the intention of SEM’s)*. Just change the **SEM for male Thief** to use the complete [sneakthief armour set](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sneakthief_armor "") like his *female counterpart*. This way, the SEM doesn’t only get easier to read, but also consistent with the female one.

I don’t understand, why the **male Thief** doesn’t wear the same armour set like the females in first place, since all other SEM’s do wear the same armour set.

##hard to tell the difference

![sEM Thief/Ranger](https://i.imgur.com/imUaLzj.jpg "")

##same armour for both genders

![sEM Thief](https://i.imgur.com/JVx9d4y.jpg "")

> > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > Ben I was just wondering, what is the processes that is involved in adding a new amulet into pvp? I'm just curious about what all of the things are that you consider before finally putting the go ahead on an amulet.

>

> It's a pretty simple process. Every once in a while, a few of us get together and discuss if there are any different stat combinations we think would be both useful and not broken. Sometimes, someone suggests a combination on the forums and we'll talk about it.

Is it possible to add amulets with different stats distribution? Example, could we have an amulet with marauder stats, but instead of 560 HP, only half that amount, with the other half (280 stats) split among other stats? This goes for all the 560 stats. Some builds can benefit from a bit of condi, power, ferocity, percision or HP, but going for the total 560 is a waste. Example, I would love an amulet to use on guardian with 280 condi stats and the rest marauder (probably losing 280 on power). I can make a build using core guardian with zeal line instead of radiance line. This is just an example of a build opening.

I can see this opening much build diversity potential. Always a risk of something over performing of course. You guys could use off season (or unranked) as testing ground.

This would be awesome =)

we> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> It's a pretty simple process. Every once in a while, a few of us get together and discuss if there are any different stat combinations we think would be both useful and not broken. Sometimes, someone suggests a combination on the forums and we'll talk about it.

>

that actually interesting and i'm wondering why those combination aren't available ! i hop you make them soon :

1: -Power 1050- vitality 560 -Condition damage 1050 -expertise 560

2:-Power 900 -Toughness 900-Condi 1200

3:power 1050 -Toughness 560 -Condi 1050 -expertise 560

4:vitality 900-Toughness 900 -Condi 1200

5:vitality 1050 -healing power 560 -Condi 1050 -expertise 560

i hope you make those .

Lel I just imagined a scourge with the #1 amulet u listed ... it gives me chills (pretty much RP i know) => same for #3

pretty sure (almost) number 4 was removed with all the tankiest amulet few months ago (celestial , sentinel , cleric, etc)

#2 is rabid amulet and an amulet with tanky stats + condi/expertise combo (such as #5) feels way to strong.

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> Lel I just imagined a scourge with the #1 amulet u listed ... it gives me chills (pretty much RP i know) => same for #3

>

> pretty sure (almost) number 4 was removed with all the tankiest amulet few months ago (celestial , sentinel , cleric, etc)

> #2 is rabid amulet and an amulet with tanky stats + condi/expertise combo (such as #5) feels way to strong.

The problem isn't in the Amulets cos it's stupid that you are obligated to increase your experience and condition when you're build evolves around and need power however power classes can have any variable needed in amulets and if we take what you said siriusly then they should remove carrion amulet for being so OP 1200 condition 900 vitality and power and with rune of nightmare for the expertise increase .so removing amulets or not making new ones isn't the solution adjusting base power or condition from skills that's the solution.

> @"Yukio blaster.9082" said:

> > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > Lel I just imagined a scourge with the #1 amulet u listed ... it gives me chills (pretty much RP i know) => same for #3

> >

> > pretty sure (almost) number 4 was removed with all the tankiest amulet few months ago (celestial , sentinel , cleric, etc)

> > #2 is rabid amulet and an amulet with tanky stats + condi/expertise combo (such as #5) feels way to strong.

>

> The problem isn't in the Amulets cos it's stupid that you are obligated to increase your experience and condition when you're build evolves around and need power however power classes can have any variable needed in amulets and if we take what you said siriusly then they should remove carrion amulet for being so OP 1200 condition 900 vitality and power and with rune of nightmare for the expertise increase .so removing amulets or not making new ones isn't the solution adjusting base power or condition from skills that's the solution.

What was your point here? I was just saying ANet removed amulet with 2 defensive stats or more (most of) cause there was a pretty damn bad tank meta back at that time... No one could kill anyone and games finish at 150 -125 due to timer ... then your amulet number 4 isn't in the game anymore cause of that

AND in the other hand ... having condi + expertise combo with 2 defensive stats is way to OP for a specified condition dmg specialization (such as scourge and mirage) I'm not criticizing you're comment , just reacting to it .

> > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > Lel I just imagined a scourge with the #1 amulet u listed ... it gives me chills (pretty much RP i know) => same for #3

> >

> > pretty sure (almost) number 4 was removed with all the tankiest amulet few months ago (celestial , sentinel , cleric, etc)

> > #2 is rabid amulet and an amulet with tanky stats + condi/expertise combo (such as #5) feels way to strong.

>

> The problem isn't in the Amulets cos it's stupid that you are obligated to increase your experience and condition when you're build evolves around and need power however power classes can have any variable needed in amulets and if we take what you said siriusly then they should remove carrion amulet for being so OP 1200 condition 900 vitality and power and with rune of nightmare for the expertise increase .so removing amulets or not making new ones isn't the solution adjusting base power or condition from skills that's the solution.

issue there is that Power requires 3 stats to be effective (power, precision, ferocity) and is countered by both Toughness/vitality. Conditions requires only 1 damage modifier to deal ton of damage and ignore toughness (and healing power partly due to poison).

Its the game system itself, Condition should have 2 stats to scale condition damage with or something, so people cant just go full condition damage + tankiness. Because dealing 1000 crits on highest burst combination when enemy deals 5k condition ticks on burst is not balanced.

Edit: also to add, power builds often require 2 offensive traitlines, condi builds 1, to deal damage.

> @"Threather.9354" said:

> > @"Yukio blaster.9082" said:

> > > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > Lel I just imagined a scourge with the #1 amulet u listed ... it gives me chills (pretty much RP i know) => same for #3

> > >

> > > pretty sure (almost) number 4 was removed with all the tankiest amulet few months ago (celestial , sentinel , cleric, etc)

> > > #2 is rabid amulet and an amulet with tanky stats + condi/expertise combo (such as #5) feels way to strong.

> >

> > The problem isn't in the Amulets cos it's stupid that you are obligated to increase your experience and condition when you're build evolves around and need power however power classes can have any variable needed in amulets and if we take what you said siriusly then they should remove carrion amulet for being so OP 1200 condition 900 vitality and power and with rune of nightmare for the expertise increase .so removing amulets or not making new ones isn't the solution adjusting base power or condition from skills that's the solution.

>

> issue there is that Power requires 3 stats to be effective (power, precision, ferocity) and is countered by both Toughness/vitality. Conditions requires only 1 damage modifier to deal ton of damage and ignore toughness (and healing power partly due to poison).

>

> Its the game system itself, Condition should have 2 stats to scale condition damage with or something, so people cant just go full condition damage + tankiness. Because dealing 1000 crits on highest burst combination when enemy deals 5k condition ticks on burst is not balanced.

>

> Edit: also to add, power builds often require 2 offensive traitlines, condi builds 1, to deal damage.

That wasn't my point here tho ! but hey if you wanna talk about that , let's go ... What you've said was right several months ago . But now with the add of expertise that's not true anymore. However u can still be effective with only condi dmg (and no expertise) . Which leads to my point saying condi dmg/expertise on the same amulet is so strong that it shouldn't have 2 defensive stats on one and unique amulet. A way to "balance" condi (one POSSIBLE way and not the RIGHT way) could be by making thougness effective vs condi dmg... but it would make some classes which are week to condi overpowered (example : warrior basically) or other that are already strong to condi becoming god mod (firebrand , druid)

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:

> Too bad, the **SEM** for your own team *(and the little impovement for the Thief’s model I posted)* didn’t make it into the QoL changes. :'(

Standard Enemy Models for your own team is still on our list for things we _might_ do. The list we posted is just stuff that has at least been started to some degree.

> > @"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:

> > Too bad, the **SEM** for your own team *(and the little impovement for the Thief’s model I posted)* didn’t make it into the QoL changes. :'(

>

> Standard Enemy Models for your own team is still on our list for things we _might_ do. The list we posted is just stuff that has at least been started to some degree.

In this case, I *might* pray to the PvP gods. =)

> we> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

>

> > It's a pretty simple process. Every once in a while, a few of us get together and discuss if there are any different stat combinations we think would be both useful and not broken. Sometimes, someone suggests a combination on the forums and we'll talk about it.

> >

> that actually interesting and i'm wondering why those combination aren't available ! i hop you make them soon :

> 1: -Power 1050- vitality 560 -Condition damage 1050 -expertise 560

> 2:-Power 900 -Toughness 900-Condi 1200

> 3:power 1050 -Toughness 560 -Condi 1050 -expertise 560

> **4:vitality 900-Toughness 900 -Condi 1200**

> **5:vitality 1050 -healing power 560 -Condi 1050 -expertise 560**

> i hope you make those .

>

>

No to the bold for obvious reasons.

> @"Velimere.7685" said:

> > @"Yukio blaster.9082" said:

> > we> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> >

> > > It's a pretty simple process. Every once in a while, a few of us get together and discuss if there are any different stat combinations we think would be both useful and not broken. Sometimes, someone suggests a combination on the forums and we'll talk about it.

> > >

> > that actually interesting and i'm wondering why those combination aren't available ! i hop you make them soon :

> > 1: -Power 1050- vitality 560 -Condition damage 1050 -expertise 560

> > 2:-Power 900 -Toughness 900-Condi 1200

> > 3:power 1050 -Toughness 560 -Condi 1050 -expertise 560

> > **4:vitality 900-Toughness 900 -Condi 1200**

> > **5:vitality 1050 -healing power 560 -Condi 1050 -expertise 560**

> > i hope you make those .

> >

> >

>

> No to the bold for obvious reasons.

yeah, even the first three sound like someone wants to become the ultimate condi aficionado

This is an issue that probably only affects a small amount of the population but...

On lower resolution monitors, the ready window takes up a MASSIVE part of the screen that partly covers up the chat window if it is placed in the lower left hand side of the screen. It is really distracting and didn't use to always be this way. It is especially an issue in the dueling servers where the match never starts, hence the window **never** goes away.

Could you please add an option to minimize or close out of the ready window?

https://imgur.com/a/PjE6E

So, seriously, since the program--**which has been featured on live stream in real time** during skyhammer's development--used to build and adjust the PvP maps in GW2 is, in effect, the same sort of application that is openly available to Wildstar players (housing system), when do GW2 players get a PvP map-maker kit? Giving players the assets to make a PvP map would probably result in a lot more consistent and quality content than anything the current dev team will provide. If you look at Team Fortress 2, for instance, the entire competitive map rotation, aside from 1 map, is entirely comprised of player-made content which was eventually all folded into the official, in-game map options. Players play the game. They know what they want. Giving them the tools to make content is probably the easiest return investment a dev can make for a game's health and lifespan.