Istan has destroyed the games economy - nerf inc?

Shiyo.3578

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > Definitely the new map, due to massive unidentified item drops and vendor chests which awards you with t6 and other things.

> > >

> > > Until they are going to Fix something you can just adapt and maybe stack materials.

> >

> > There's nothing inherently bad about prices going down, unless you're a TP baron, and it's possibly purposeful. A lot of players have theorized, even before the most recent area was added, that with PoF the devs decided to make build options more accessible by making the means to craft cheaper and more frequently available. Just look at the ridiculous amount of ori and ancient wood in the expansion areas, and its clear at this point it was no accident or they would have "fixed" it as well by now.

> Yes, John Smith left in April. The communists took over the economy now, sadly.

> Remember this does not only make that rubbish starting gear cheaper, but also prestigious legendaries.

Perhaps you missed where I said this is neither bad for the economy nor any player but TP barons, which were the only people in this game John Smith ever cared about. I actually didn't know that he had been sacked, but now that I do, all I can say is hallelujah brothers and sisters we are free at last!

John Smith was one of the worst things that ever happened to this game, he admitted that he had stopped playing the game entirely about a year and a half after launch, and while he may not have explicitly stated so it was just as clear that he did not give a half a crap about the game; he made no effort whatsoever to create a reasonable and equitable game economy, or keep any amount of gameplay rewards in the hands of the average player. The man was totally okay with mid-level mats inflating beyond high tier mats or what any mid-level player could possibly afford should they choose to gear themselves, and wrote it off as "the natural results of a player driven economy" which was absolute bullcrap! The reason they were inflating was that players _literally_ COULD NOT loot those mats anymore with the majority of their characters, because of a system change made by ANet that decreased their drop rates for level 80 characters. There was absolutely no player choice in the equation _whatsoever_. And he made that lame excuse with every single thing players ever brought up no matter how inapplicable or even completely nonsensical it was. The man was a horrible economist and the game is better off without him, good riddance and I hope he never has the opportunity to ruin another games economy again.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really happy that it gave us a good way to get leather. I don't want it nerfed at all.

Quite honestly, PoF was alot worse as all gold items dropped 10s in value.

Daybreak made them go down 2 to 4s.

Why is it a problem that items are more accessible? Are you upset that you make less gold now? So am i. But i am happy that i can more easily make gear for my characters so i can have fun playing the game with them rather than always be stuck with my main. I think this is actually good for the game.

> @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > Definitely the new map, due to massive unidentified item drops and vendor chests which awards you with t6 and other things.

> > > >

> > > > Until they are going to Fix something you can just adapt and maybe stack materials.

> > >

> > > There's nothing inherently bad about prices going down, unless you're a TP baron, and it's possibly purposeful. A lot of players have theorized, even before the most recent area was added, that with PoF the devs decided to make build options more accessible by making the means to craft cheaper and more frequently available. Just look at the ridiculous amount of ori and ancient wood in the expansion areas, and its clear at this point it was no accident or they would have "fixed" it as well by now.

> > Yes, John Smith left in April. The communists took over the economy now, sadly.

> > Remember this does not only make that rubbish starting gear cheaper, but also prestigious legendaries.

>

> Perhaps you missed where I said this is neither bad for the economy nor any player but TP barons, which were the only people in this game John Smith ever cared about. I actually didn't know that he had been sacked, but now that I do, all I can say is hallelujah brothers and sisters we are free at last!

>

> John Smith was one of the worst things that ever happened to this game, he admitted that he had stopped playing the game entirely about a year and a half after launch, and while he may not have explicitly stated so it was just as clear that he did not give a half a crap about the game; he made no effort whatsoever to create a reasonable and equitable game economy, or keep any amount of gameplay rewards in the hands of the average player. The man was totally okay with mid-level mats inflating beyond high tier mats or what any mid-level player could possibly afford should they choose to gear themselves, and wrote it off as "the natural results of a player driven economy" which was absolute bullcrap! The reason they were inflating was that players _literally_ COULD NOT loot those mats anymore with the majority of their characters, because of a system change made by ANet that decreased their drop rates for level 80 characters. There was absolutely no player choice in the equation _whatsoever_. And he made that lame excuse with every single thing players ever brought up no matter how inapplicable or even completely nonsensical it was. The man was a horrible economist and the game is better off without him, good riddance and I hope he never has the opportunity to ruin another games economy again.

This statement is so true - as I said previously, the new map allows players to farm materials specifically for what they want, no terrible RNG mechanics stopping them like: “kill 40 Harpy and you might get 1 blood”.

It’s simple as farming 250 VM, getting 1g and buying the box that you need / want. I personally feel this map was the best thing that happened to the game since Silverwastes.

> @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> >

> > > I don't grind silverwaste so I don't get 50g hour like some people. So yeah for my casual play the new prices are way better.

> >

> > No they aren't. Anything you do is now INCREDIBLY devalued to the point where you're making less than half the gold you would be playing casually, while all the items that aren't being devalued by istan are still the same price. You are actually at a huge disadvantage from this.

> >

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> >

> > > That makes no sense ... Prices going down does not mean the games economy is destroyed.

> >

> > Items that were worth 1.5-2s are now almost at vendor value(silk scraps). Leather is looking like it's heading to the same place.

> >

> > That is the very definition of a DESTROYED economy.

> >

>

> Sorry but no. Anything I do is not INCREDIBLY devalued. I actually play for fun. I don't care how much gold per second I'm loosing by not farming Silverwaster and selling mats. If the content is fun I'll play it, if its boring I won't. I hate grinding and the lower mats prices are good for me. I do hope they now lower all item prices so the game can go back to the initial idea of play however you like and still get the stuff you want.

The initial play as you want referred specifically to leveling up, not to getting whatever stuff you want. In fact the devs specifically said, and originally designed the game accordingly, that you would need to complete specitic content to achieve specific rewards.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > >

> > > > I don't grind silverwaste so I don't get 50g hour like some people. So yeah for my casual play the new prices are way better.

> > >

> > > No they aren't. Anything you do is now INCREDIBLY devalued to the point where you're making less than half the gold you would be playing casually, while all the items that aren't being devalued by istan are still the same price. You are actually at a huge disadvantage from this.

> > >

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > >

> > > > That makes no sense ... Prices going down does not mean the games economy is destroyed.

> > >

> > > Items that were worth 1.5-2s are now almost at vendor value(silk scraps). Leather is looking like it's heading to the same place.

> > >

> > > That is the very definition of a DESTROYED economy.

> > >

> >

> > Sorry but no. Anything I do is not INCREDIBLY devalued. I actually play for fun. I don't care how much gold per second I'm loosing by not farming Silverwaster and selling mats. If the content is fun I'll play it, if its boring I won't. I hate grinding and the lower mats prices are good for me. I do hope they now lower all item prices so the game can go back to the initial idea of play however you like and still get the stuff you want.

>

> The initial play as you want referred specifically to leveling up, not to getting whatever stuff you want. In fact the devs specifically said, and originally designed the game accordingly, that you would need to complete specitic content to achieve specific rewards.

This is basic MMO ideology, most people seem to pick up in that the more they get into the genre - in every MMO, each type of content has its own reward system per content. Guild Wars 2 is no different and not everything should be given so easily but I feel this change is good.

> @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> > > > >

> > > > > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

> > > >

> > > > If the items you're farming lose value(over 50% on most items), but you want gold to buy an item unaffected by Istans farm, and that items price does NOT go down due there not being more supply of it because it's not related to istan, you just ended up having a harder time getting the item(s) you want due to istan being so rewarding and completely destroying the economy of so many items.

> > > >

> > > > It also makes it so just playing the game feels a lot worse, you go do some level 80 maps or fractals or whatever and get a ton of t5-t6 mats, then end up with 50% less gold due to prices tanking.

> > > >

> > > > POF zones have lost ANY value they had now as well due to istan giving the exact same loot, but 10x of it. POF zones used to be "eh" gold, now they're downright awful.

> > > >

> > > > Istan is destroying this games economy.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > What item are you talking about? I usually don't sell mats and the current mats prices are pretty fine compared to the gold I can get from daily + daily fractals.

> > >

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > How is Bad to get 50g instead of 100g if you want to buy gems?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Well if you want free gems. Then yeah this is bad for you.

> > > > > > > But then again this is might be good for ArenaNet, because now even more people might actually start buying gems.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Soo for people that are already buying gems for cash, the lower prices of mats are actually a good thing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It works both ways. If more people starts buying gold with gems, both gem2gold and gold2gem will go down making it not worthy to buy more gems with cash.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah If you buy gold with gems. But I was talking mostly about the people that by gems only to use them at the gem store. For them lower priced mats is pretty good deal.

> > > >

> > > > I'd say for them mats price is irrelevant if they use gems directly to purchase items from gemstore.

> > >

> > > Well it's not irrelevant. Now I can buy powerful blood for cheaper and complete the legendary backpack.

> > > I don't grind silverwaste so I don't get 50g hour like some people. So yeah for my casual play the new prices are way better.

> >

> > But it has nothing to do with gem purchases if you consider your prerequisite of a person NOT using gems2gold conversion.

>

> If you aren't using gems2gold then the lower mats is great for you. If you are using gems2gold then you will get less gold than you currently could.

>

> Anyway the rare infusions/items just need to drop more and their price will go down.

I dont normally convert gold to gems and yet the reduced price of mats does nothing positive for me. It does, however, impact me in a negative way in terms of converting mats into liquid gold to purchase desired items.

Some of those rare items will drop less now, not more, because lowered value on mats means that a player would need to get more in order to have the same gold income. This means pursuing the current farm instead of the content that drops some of those rare items. If people are in Istan instead of where those rare items drop there will be fewer of them dropped.

> @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > Definitely the new map, due to massive unidentified item drops and vendor chests which awards you with t6 and other things.

> > > >

> > > > Until they are going to Fix something you can just adapt and maybe stack materials.

> > >

> > > There's nothing inherently bad about prices going down, unless you're a TP baron, and it's possibly purposeful. A lot of players have theorized, even before the most recent area was added, that with PoF the devs decided to make build options more accessible by making the means to craft cheaper and more frequently available. Just look at the ridiculous amount of ori and ancient wood in the expansion areas, and its clear at this point it was no accident or they would have "fixed" it as well by now.

> > Yes, John Smith left in April. The communists took over the economy now, sadly.

> > Remember this does not only make that rubbish starting gear cheaper, but also prestigious legendaries.

>

> Perhaps you missed where I said this is neither bad for the economy nor any player but TP barons, which were the only people in this game John Smith ever cared about. I actually didn't know that he had been sacked, but now that I do, all I can say is hallelujah brothers and sisters we are free at last!

>

> John Smith was one of the worst things that ever happened to this game, he admitted that he had stopped playing the game entirely about a year and a half after launch, and while he may not have explicitly stated so it was just as clear that he did not give a half a crap about the game; he made no effort whatsoever to create a reasonable and equitable game economy, or keep any amount of gameplay rewards in the hands of the average player. The man was totally okay with mid-level mats inflating beyond high tier mats or what any mid-level player could possibly afford should they choose to gear themselves, and wrote it off as "the natural results of a player driven economy" which was absolute bullcrap! The reason they were inflating was that players _literally_ COULD NOT loot those mats anymore with the majority of their characters, because of a system change made by ANet that decreased their drop rates for level 80 characters. There was absolutely no player choice in the equation _whatsoever_. And he made that lame excuse with every single thing players ever brought up no matter how inapplicable or even completely nonsensical it was. The man was a horrible economist and the game is better off without him, good riddance and I hope he never has the opportunity to ruin another games economy again.

You do not need to play the game to manage the economy. Just like people who work on the stock market likely never seen any companies they invested in from inside. John Smith was not without failure, but at least he kept items valuable and a reasonable inflation rate. Deflation is bad for economies. People hoard their gold and prices keep crashing even more.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> Gold to gems is going up.

> The price of all items are going down.

>

> Enjoy your "Accessible" economy!

More players are contributing to the economy.... nothing is "broken" that needs "fixing". It's just you complaining that you are earning less from mats you want to sell, or you are some flipper. /thread

Edit- And prices coming down is a good sign that more players are playing the game... That means good business for anet and their income, so they have more resources to produce more.

I dont know, i guess Istan was one of the best things that happened to the game...about time we actually get some reliable way to get the stuff we want. Now we need better ways to get Mystic Coins...remenber back in the day when these things were sold by 2 s or something, lol i used to keep throwing then away, because they were "useless", and now they are like 1g...this is not okay.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > >

> > > > I don't grind silverwaste so I don't get 50g hour like some people. So yeah for my casual play the new prices are way better.

> > >

> > > No they aren't. Anything you do is now INCREDIBLY devalued to the point where you're making less than half the gold you would be playing casually, while all the items that aren't being devalued by istan are still the same price. You are actually at a huge disadvantage from this.

> > >

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > >

> > > > That makes no sense ... Prices going down does not mean the games economy is destroyed.

> > >

> > > Items that were worth 1.5-2s are now almost at vendor value(silk scraps). Leather is looking like it's heading to the same place.

> > >

> > > That is the very definition of a DESTROYED economy.

> > >

> >

> > Sorry but no. Anything I do is not INCREDIBLY devalued. I actually play for fun. I don't care how much gold per second I'm loosing by not farming Silverwaster and selling mats. If the content is fun I'll play it, if its boring I won't. I hate grinding and the lower mats prices are good for me. I do hope they now lower all item prices so the game can go back to the initial idea of play however you like and still get the stuff you want.

>

> The initial play as you want referred specifically to leveling up, not to getting whatever stuff you want. In fact the devs specifically said, and originally designed the game accordingly, that you would need to complete specitic content to achieve specific rewards.

Well dungeons did provide us with a simple way to get the items we want from them.

Same with the MF crafting for unique skins (you know the recipe, now go and play some maps/dungeons/stuff to get the mats).

Even getting a precursor back then it was - play whatever and it might drop.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

> > > > >

> > > > > If the items you're farming lose value(over 50% on most items), but you want gold to buy an item unaffected by Istans farm, and that items price does NOT go down due there not being more supply of it because it's not related to istan, you just ended up having a harder time getting the item(s) you want due to istan being so rewarding and completely destroying the economy of so many items.

> > > > >

> > > > > It also makes it so just playing the game feels a lot worse, you go do some level 80 maps or fractals or whatever and get a ton of t5-t6 mats, then end up with 50% less gold due to prices tanking.

> > > > >

> > > > > POF zones have lost ANY value they had now as well due to istan giving the exact same loot, but 10x of it. POF zones used to be "eh" gold, now they're downright awful.

> > > > >

> > > > > Istan is destroying this games economy.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > What item are you talking about? I usually don't sell mats and the current mats prices are pretty fine compared to the gold I can get from daily + daily fractals.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > How is Bad to get 50g instead of 100g if you want to buy gems?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Well if you want free gems. Then yeah this is bad for you.

> > > > > > > > But then again this is might be good for ArenaNet, because now even more people might actually start buying gems.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Soo for people that are already buying gems for cash, the lower prices of mats are actually a good thing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It works both ways. If more people starts buying gold with gems, both gem2gold and gold2gem will go down making it not worthy to buy more gems with cash.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah If you buy gold with gems. But I was talking mostly about the people that by gems only to use them at the gem store. For them lower priced mats is pretty good deal.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'd say for them mats price is irrelevant if they use gems directly to purchase items from gemstore.

> > > >

> > > > Well it's not irrelevant. Now I can buy powerful blood for cheaper and complete the legendary backpack.

> > >

> > > But it has nothing to do with gem purchases if you consider your prerequisite of a person NOT using gems2gold conversion.

> >

> > If you aren't using gems2gold then the lower mats is great for you. If you are using gems2gold then you will get less gold than you currently could.

> >

> > Anyway the rare infusions/items just need to drop more and their price will go down.

>

> I dont normally convert gold to gems and yet the reduced price of mats does nothing positive for me. It does, however, impact me in a negative way in terms of converting mats into liquid gold to purchase desired items.

>

> Some of those rare items will drop less now, not more, because lowered value on mats means that a player would need to get more in order to have the same gold income. This means pursuing the current farm instead of the content that drops some of those rare items. If people are in Istan instead of where those rare items drop there will be fewer of them dropped.

Well then, maybe it's time to buff the drop rate of all rare items so you can be sure that after 5 or 10 metas you will get one, like doing TD meta 10-times and getting an infusion. This way the infusion prices will go down too, and players that prefer getting the items by playing (not buying) can just go and do the meta couple of times.

Fun fact. I've played a really bad P2W game back in the day and even in it I got epic (highest tier at the time) from grinding specific monsters for one week (at most 2 hours per day). Currently I've done Tequatle no idea how many times for the past 5 years and maybe got 1 ascended chest (but I'm not really sure about it).

So yeah the drop rates need buffing all across the game.

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> > uhm...sorry, but...so what? Just means new players can more easily get some of those mats in case they want to make some legendaries or get their crafting up to to 500. Not really sure what the hub bub is all about.

>

> Rich people won't get richer now.

I laughed a little.

The economy isn't "destroyed": people can sell whatever they don't need and use the funds to purchase whatever they do need; in a broken economy, that wouldn't be possible. The prices are depressed from what we are used to; that isn't any sort of evidence of any sort of fundamental problem with the economy.

Now, it might be bad for the game for prices to get "too low," but there's no clear line that distinguishes "low" from "too low." You have to look at a ton of data to even begin to get a sense of whether things are bad for the game. Just because veterans are used to 30-35s ecto doesn't mean that's the "right" price for them

> > > There's nothing inherently bad about prices going down, unless you're a TP baron,

No, TP barons make out regardless of whether mats are up or down.

> Perhaps you missed where I said this is neither bad for the economy nor any player but TP barons, which were the only people in this game John Smith ever cared about.

That's just misinformed. The entire system is based around his ideas and the fact that the economy remains healthy is strong evidence that Smith cared about the overall game, not any particular group.

> I actually didn't know that he had been sacked, but now that I do, all I can say is hallelujah brothers and sisters we are free at last!

What evidence do you have that he was fired? His absence from ANet could have all sorts of reasons and it's possible he works as a consultant for ANet as well as other companies.

>

> John Smith was one of the worst things that ever happened to this game,

The evidence is strong that he was one of the best things: this economy has _deflation_, not inflation, which is unusual for an MMO without a communist economy (i.e. one in which prices are micromanaged by the ~~government~~ studio).

> he made no effort whatsoever to create a reasonable and equitable game economy,

In fact, everything he did was towards that end. The price of mystic coins, for example, represents a massive transfer of wealth from the richer veterans to poorer newer players.

> The man was totally okay with mid-level mats inflating beyond high tier mats

That happens in every game because people play more in high-tier areas, so those mats end up in an oversupply.

> The man was a horrible economist

You mean, you don't like his ideas.

A lot of players rushed into this new map, and also my guild-mates told me to farm it, even using several alts, to bypass the limit of 50 chests. I did it for 2 days (only with 1 toon), it wasn't bad, but I hate all the repetitive contents, and being "forced" to farm it because it was very convenient it bothered me. With such a huge amount of players, I expected that prices would have sunk fast, and I'm glad they did. I've been able to farm my leathers for the 18-slot bags (not enough gold for the 20) and I'm happy that I won't miss so much if I decide to play on some other map.

Eventually, more "casual farmers" will stop farming Istan and prices will probably go up again a bit. But overall, I don't see the problem if prices are low. This is a problem for rich players that want to be richer. "I'm _not_ rich, you know".

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> Anyways, can this meme of "THIS ONLY HURTS RICH PLAYERS!" stop already?

It's going to be add together with the "I am a skilled players but they don't take me in raid because of my build/Raiding with pugs is awful because of the others which don't know how to play".

Btw the market is somehow fine regardless the resources.

Simply other items incrased their value and others lose their own.

Mystic Coins price incrased by around 10%, as for unidentified equipment ( since it drop really good on the new map, it's fine ).

That's why it won't hurt rich players at all ( because a rich player won't invest in only few categories of items ).

It could be a problem for those who own only the core game, maybe, but we just have to see with wintersday how the market will react.

Mystic coins are a pain but only for people willing to get a nice shinny item and as they add more and more of these shinnies, it won't be cheaper without new way to get them that is not a poor 1 a day events/daily or on random fractales daily boxes.

T5 leather/silk/wood/mitril are a pain for quite everybody in need of crafting : a new exo armor set for beginners or to test a build, a new insignia for that nice box drop or a new ascended piece to follow the new T4 or raid meta?

I used to be happy when I collected enough pvp/fractales/WvW tokens for a ascended part, now ascended crafting is needed too and take a tons of these T5 mats.

~~Let's go farm raid shards for that no craft pieces?~~

Trophies uses are also increased moved from mostly T6 needs to T3-T6 for the new gifts, nice leveling tomes and level80 booster => less people exploring and getting T3-T4 like we used to have.

T5-T6 is what we get for playing on these level 80 only map, let's drop their price as we are all getting them but let's increase T3-T4 to reward exploration...

Again who need t3-t4? the people in need of shinnies (hello one gift per armor piece) and a craft leveling player (but only once).

Yes people will abuse the farm but it means 25 min in this lagging lighting show and for me it is good for most people to have cheap T5-T6 mat as it is what we need for daily craft.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > I don’t see that gold to gems is going up. The graph shows it’s gone down since mid November.

> >

> > [Gold to gems](https://www.gw2tp.com/gems)

> It went up at the time of that post, now it dropped a lot.

>

>

> Anyways, can this meme of "THIS ONLY HURTS RICH PLAYERS!" stop already?

It likely went up because of something new in the gemstore rather than the farm.

There is a common theme with these farming methods.

Istan is nothing more than the newest one to crash the materials market or to inflate the gold value for a while.

Let's look back to the methods which came before: Speedrunning CoF1, farming Black Lion Keys (probably caused by the devs) , the AB Multiloot, AFK leather farming on engineers, repeating Fractals 40 and some others I might have forgotten about. Those were introduced, people figured out a way to make them more profitable than ever intended. Some loved them and some hated them depending on whether they took part in these activities themselves and whether they were more interested in buying mats rather than selling them. **But no matter how we felt about it - it always ended with a nerf or a rework. Why would it be any different this time?**