Remove desert border completly

Dopamine.7502

> @"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

> As someone who has been on many servers, I find these threads funny, as there are always a host of posts from people who "only" play DBL, so when I go there and see zero people, ask in map chat for groups or roamers etc etc and cata and cap a tower solo, I really wonder where all these DBL only posters are.

I'm currently in Tier 3. Our Home BL is DBL this week and it was queued at several points tonight. Quite a few enemy (YB) guild groups were on the map. I found lots of fights against TC roamers and the YB zerg trails.

What server are you on and what time of day do you play?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

> As someone who has been on many servers, I find these threads funny, as there are always a host of posts from people who "only" play DBL, so when I go there and see zero people, ask in map chat for groups or roamers etc etc and cata and cap a tower solo, I really wonder where all these DBL only posters are.

Maybe because when theres nemeies on DBL... is always a zerg, by the time u reach the structure they are already on lord.

Was designed to ktrain as well....that is how the game works.

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > @"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

> > As someone who has been on many servers, I find these threads funny, as there are always a host of posts from people who "only" play DBL, so when I go there and see zero people, ask in map chat for groups or roamers etc etc and cata and cap a tower solo, I really wonder where all these DBL only posters are.

>

> Probably only in tier 1. I heard that there's no fight to be found anywhere there.

On red BL that is likely true as Mag is in the matchup.

Activity numbers?

-Tier 1: 124653 kills/deaths

-Tier 2: 144513 kills/deaths

-Tier 3: 128447 kills/deaths

-Tier 4: 103768 kills/deaths

Tier 2 appears the most active

Tier 3 and 1 are pretty equal while JQ tanking drags down tier 4.

Would appear that each tier has similar numbers of fights/activity

Ideally it would be perfect with 3 different borderland maps.

In an ideal world we should have 4 different maps (with EtB)

But this ideal situation may never happen specially with that kind of complain. It can only make the development team think that such a work is too Dangerous in term of image...

And honnestly DBL map is a good one that bring vavriety in WvW gameplay.

If someone disalike it..well he can play on alpine one or etb...and if someone dislike alpine...desertland is here...

For a lot of peaople who play: it's always interesting to be able to switch from a map to an other one for more variety.

Anet have actually no idea that the different colours are easier/harder to defend in general. Being red had its purpose back in the day and if played well red could rake in a really good score because it got more points than blue or green. All of these 'small'details have long been forgotten.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > I like DBL because of the variety it adds to WvW - even if it feels like a PvE map.

> >

> > Alpine is incredibly boring after 5 years - I think I already would have quit the game if this was the only BL map could play.

>

> Comment like this are quite entertaining, calling PVE map cause they make people walk...and dont reduce the effort, GvG maps had mechanics where even guilds could adopt a strategie of kill a lava boss to counter other team trough its backdoor, and that lane worked both ways, had lava pits, even map with miasma... all about tactics and players choices.

>

> Just because makes u think and move a bit more, that does not means it is PVE design, that is actually what makes a pvp map good, ready for several tactics and strategies, instead of push always on the same way with the same gimmick.

You have no idea what I am thinking, so please stop talking such nonsense that has nothing to do with my posting! Thanks.

Dunno where you read in my posting that I state: make people walk = PvE map . You have an overactive imagination as a result of your frustration (not my problem).

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > @"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

> > > As someone who has been on many servers, I find these threads funny, as there are always a host of posts from people who "only" play DBL, so when I go there and see zero people, ask in map chat for groups or roamers etc etc and cata and cap a tower solo, I really wonder where all these DBL only posters are.

> >

> > Probably only in tier 1. I heard that there's no fight to be found anywhere there.

>

> On red BL that is likely true as Mag is in the matchup.

>

> Activity numbers?

>

> -Tier 1: 124653 kills/deaths

> -Tier 2: 144513 kills/deaths

> -Tier 3: 128447 kills/deaths

> -Tier 4: 103768 kills/deaths

>

> Tier 2 appears the most active

> Tier 3 and 1 are pretty equal while JQ tanking drags down tier 4.

>

> Would appear that each tier has similar numbers of fights/activity

while this number of numbers is indeed informative, but where are you basing them off?

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > > @"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

> > > > As someone who has been on many servers, I find these threads funny, as there are always a host of posts from people who "only" play DBL, so when I go there and see zero people, ask in map chat for groups or roamers etc etc and cata and cap a tower solo, I really wonder where all these DBL only posters are.

> > >

> > > Probably only in tier 1. I heard that there's no fight to be found anywhere there.

> >

> > On red BL that is likely true as Mag is in the matchup.

> >

> > Activity numbers?

> >

> > -Tier 1: 124653 kills/deaths

> > -Tier 2: 144513 kills/deaths

> > -Tier 3: 128447 kills/deaths

> > -Tier 4: 103768 kills/deaths

> >

> > Tier 2 appears the most active

> > Tier 3 and 1 are pretty equal while JQ tanking drags down tier 4.

> >

> > Would appear that each tier has similar numbers of fights/activity

>

> while this number of numbers is indeed informative, but where are you basing them off?

Kill/death ratios from MOS millenium, which in full disclosure has had some API issues.

However, in my tier the numbers match the in game window.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > I like DBL because of the variety it adds to WvW - even if it feels like a PvE map.

> > >

> > > Alpine is incredibly boring after 5 years - I think I already would have quit the game if this was the only BL map could play.

> >

> > Comment like this are quite entertaining, calling PVE map cause they make people walk...and dont reduce the effort, GvG maps had mechanics where even guilds could adopt a strategie of kill a lava boss to counter other team trough its backdoor, and that lane worked both ways, had lava pits, even map with miasma... all about tactics and players choices.

> >

> > Just because makes u think and move a bit more, that does not means it is PVE design, that is actually what makes a pvp map good, ready for several tactics and strategies, instead of push always on the same way with the same gimmick.

> You have no idea what I am thinking, so please stop talking such nonsense that has nothing to do with my posting! Thanks.

>

> Dunno where you read in my posting that I state: make people walk = PvE map . You have an overactive imagination as a result of your frustration (not my problem).

Im generelizing people who complains about DBL and calls some effects... pve stuff...

Issue is the lack of good mechanics and game mode was ment to be a ktrain mostly.

(Edit): Reading my post again noted i typed what i was thinking and ended distrocing your post actually ~:D.. did not ment yuu but the players complain to remove DBL w/o facts...

Well.. deal with it :bleep_bloop: xD.. i got preetty fired up, wrintting that,

Meanwhile:

I need to take a break or leave(get banned or something) from this game.

> @"Shining One.1635" said:

> > As someone who has been on many servers, I find these threads funny, as there are always a host of posts from people who "only" play DBL, so when I go there and see zero people, ask in map chat for groups or roamers etc etc and cata and cap a tower solo, I really wonder where all these DBL only posters are.

> I'm currently in Tier 3. Our Home BL is DBL this week and it was queued at several points tonight. Quite a few enemy (YB) guild groups were on the map. I found lots of fights against TC roamers and the YB zerg trails.

>

> What server are you on and what time of day do you play?

>

As I said, I have been on many, MANY servers since DBL came out, all have been the same outside of reset and weekends, and it is always the last one to queue, mostly because it is over flow.

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

>

> Probably only in tier 1. I heard that there's no fight to be found anywhere there.

I have been inside of every single tier, it is the same on almost every single one, outside of one guild I have run across that the lead loved DBL, however lots of the members did not.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

>

> You're on Mag aren't you....

Which is why I said "as someone who has been on many servers" as I knew this was going to come up. I used to play Mag before DBL, left and have been on almost every server in that time, only the past few months did I move back to Mag.

I have been on Mag, CD (Starting server from beta), FA, YB, TC, BG, SBI, JQ, HoD, EB, GoM, NSP and BP. Total time spent on other server is far, FAR greater than the times (past and present) I have been on Mag.

There are a few times DBL will be active, which often times will be when a large guild is running outside of prime time and have flipped everything and goes "hey, lets go ktrain DBL". DBL still gets action on reset and weekends due to the fact all the other maps are queued and there is no where else to go. No matter the server I have been on, it is always a struggle to find people to work/roam with on DBL. Very seldom do good fights come from it as well, very few servers put in huge defense of the map, most cases it goes: Attack DBL keep, scout reports, get on inner and EWP is pulled, defenders get wiped and can't make it back in time before capping so they leave.

If someone here is going to tell me on their server DBL is more active than ABL, please tell me the server name and time, I will move to that server just to check it out.