Would you play in Palawadan if it didn't have such high rewards?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"uhhsam.1203" said:

> I would prefer if the loot just dropped in shaking chests as you completed events rather than having to run all over the place opening in-world boxes. Or at least if they would be auto-lootable like some other chests.

For me, part of the fun is hunting down the chests and getting through the angry awakened long enough to grab them. (Thank goodness there's none of those timers to open them.)

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > Minor Note:

> > >

> > > The ONLY game mode that has survived bad loot is WvW.

> > World bosses disagree.

>

> Eh, World Bosses have always been profitable, WvW at one time was a net loss to play.

Killing the svanir guy was never profitable and yet people are still farming him to this day.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > Minor Note:

> > > >

> > > > The ONLY game mode that has survived bad loot is WvW.

> > > World bosses disagree.

> >

> > Eh, World Bosses have always been profitable, WvW at one time was a net loss to play.

> Killing the svanir guy was never profitable and yet people are still farming him to this day.

You mean[ Maw.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Frozen_Maw " Maw."). that guarantees you at the very least 3 rewards from mini evens, and a Yellow? Just asking, because I am no sure what other guy there is, but you might be thinking someone else.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> You mean[ Maw.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Frozen_Maw " Maw."). that guarantees you at the very least 3 rewards from mini evens, and a Yellow?

Which is bad loot. Doing random stuff in maps like harathi hinterlands is already way more profitable than doing the vast majority of world bosses and yet people are still farming them.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > You mean[ Maw.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Frozen_Maw " Maw."). that guarantees you at the very least 3 rewards from mini evens, and a Yellow?

> Which is bad loot. Doing random stuff in maps like harathi hinterlands is already way more profitable than doing the vast majority of world bosses and yet people are still farming them.

LOL.. No No No.. That's not even close to **bad loot**.

Maybe not Optimal, It's nowhere near close to **bad**.

See "Bad Loot"is when you took a loss.

Now, IF you never played WvW before, the current mode is PvE cake walk mode. When it started, upgrading locations (camps/towers/keeps) cost players gold (which they never got back, dying cost coin, repairs cost coin, and the actual loot that dropped was so dismal that at the end of the day most WvW had a net loss.

That's "Bad Loot"when it costs more to do the content then it rewards.

And **ONLY** WvW has survived through this.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > You mean[ Maw.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Frozen_Maw " Maw."). that guarantees you at the very least 3 rewards from mini evens, and a Yellow?

> > Which is bad loot. Doing random stuff in maps like harathi hinterlands is already way more profitable than doing the vast majority of world bosses and yet people are still farming them.

>

> LOL.. No No No.. That's not even close to **bad loot**.

>

> Maybe not Optimal, It's nowhere near close to **bad**.

>

> See "Bad Loot"is when you took a loss.

>

> Now, IF you never played WvW before, the current mode is PvE cake walk mode. When it started, upgrading locations (camps/towers/keeps) cost players gold (which they never got back, dying cost coin, repairs cost coin, and the actual loot that dropped was so dismal that at the end of the day most WvW had a net loss.

>

> That's "Bad Loot"when it costs more to do the content then it rewards.

>

> And **ONLY** WvW has survived through this.

You're confusing money gain / loss with loot value. Farming some of the S3 maps or the silverwastes is "not optimal" loot, the vast majority of world bosses give you bad loot. "Only WvW survived despite being an "unrewarding" drain on your pocket", not "Only WvW survived despite having bad loot".

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > You mean[ Maw.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Frozen_Maw " Maw."). that guarantees you at the very least 3 rewards from mini evens, and a Yellow?

> > > Which is bad loot. Doing random stuff in maps like harathi hinterlands is already way more profitable than doing the vast majority of world bosses and yet people are still farming them.

> >

> > LOL.. No No No.. That's not even close to **bad loot**.

> >

> > Maybe not Optimal, It's nowhere near close to **bad**.

> >

> > See "Bad Loot"is when you took a loss.

> >

> > Now, IF you never played WvW before, the current mode is PvE cake walk mode. When it started, upgrading locations (camps/towers/keeps) cost players gold (which they never got back, dying cost coin, repairs cost coin, and the actual loot that dropped was so dismal that at the end of the day most WvW had a net loss.

> >

> > That's "Bad Loot"when it costs more to do the content then it rewards.

> >

> > And **ONLY** WvW has survived through this.

> You're confusing money gain / loss with loot value. Farming some of the S3 maps or the silverwastes is "not optimal" loot, the vast majority of world bosses give you bad loot. "Only WvW survived despite being an "unrewarding" drain on your pocket", not "Only WvW survived despite having bad loot".

>

We shall disagree on the difference between what is "poor loot" and "bad loot"

But how about this.

shall we agree that only WvW has survived with having "unrewarding loot".

After all .. my guild mate just pulled a Zap yesterday from Jormag.

It's fun, but it's not so much fun that I would do it if the rewards were mediocre. They did that for POF, and I never returned for months until they buffed metas. And even then I only return if I need trade contracts or something.

Istan is great for T6 mats and volatile magic and it should probably stay that way. It's a good niche for a map. Now at least I can do VB > TD > AB > Istan and feel like I progressed my account, which is a new thing for POF.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > You mean[ Maw.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Frozen_Maw " Maw."). that guarantees you at the very least 3 rewards from mini evens, and a Yellow?

> > Which is bad loot. Doing random stuff in maps like harathi hinterlands is already way more profitable than doing the vast majority of world bosses and yet people are still farming them.

>

> LOL.. No No No.. That's not even close to **bad loot**.

>

> Maybe not Optimal, It's nowhere near close to **bad**.

>

> See "Bad Loot"is when you took a loss.

>

> Now, IF you never played WvW before, the current mode is PvE cake walk mode. When it started, upgrading locations (camps/towers/keeps) cost players gold (which they never got back, dying cost coin, repairs cost coin, and the actual loot that dropped was so dismal that at the end of the day most WvW had a net loss.

>

> That's "Bad Loot"when it costs more to do the content then it rewards.

>

> And **ONLY** WvW has survived through this.

WvW has reward tracks for skins, gift of battle and tracks for legendary armor and backpack... the loot drops isn't the reason people play it. I would argue it's actually one of the most rewarding modes, its just reallly really grindy so you need to actually enjoy it (or hate yourself) to dedicate yourself to some of the more major rewards.

He is right about World bosses are by far the worst, you get 1 yellow from an event that takes 15 minutes. Thats 4 yellows an hour, bleh.

I don't think it will matter for me in the long run. Just need something to distract me for long enough then I'll forget about it. Even now I only do it when I happen to be there at the same time it is up. It's just that I happen to be in the map some what frequently right now. Most often to do the Astralarium heart so I can buy more sickles.

> @"Esquilax.3491" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > You mean[ Maw.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Frozen_Maw " Maw."). that guarantees you at the very least 3 rewards from mini evens, and a Yellow?

> > > Which is bad loot. Doing random stuff in maps like harathi hinterlands is already way more profitable than doing the vast majority of world bosses and yet people are still farming them.

> >

> > LOL.. No No No.. That's not even close to **bad loot**.

> >

> > Maybe not Optimal, It's nowhere near close to **bad**.

> >

> > See "Bad Loot"is when you took a loss.

> >

> > Now, IF you never played WvW before, the current mode is PvE cake walk mode. When it started, upgrading locations (camps/towers/keeps) cost players gold (which they never got back, dying cost coin, repairs cost coin, and the actual loot that dropped was so dismal that at the end of the day most WvW had a net loss.

> >

> > That's "Bad Loot"when it costs more to do the content then it rewards.

> >

> > And **ONLY** WvW has survived through this.

>

> WvW has reward tracks for skins, gift of battle and tracks for legendary armor and backpack... the loot drops isn't the reason people play it. I would argue it's actually one of the most rewarding modes, its just reallly really grindy so you need to actually enjoy it (or hate yourself) to dedicate yourself to some of the more major rewards.

>

> He is right about World bosses are by far the worst, you get 1 yellow from an event that takes 15 minutes. Thats 4 yellows an hour, bleh.

It hard when people miss the major things.

Let me say this again:

4 years ago there was none of that, nothing, no reward tracks, no armor, no weapons, nothing, and the gift of battle was 500 badges (kill players or flip points). WvW players are the only group who went though the worst rewards in the game, and still years late play the mode.

And even today.. nahh man.. all that stuff was PvE first, That's like saying "hand me downs are the best clothing" spare me.

> @"Esquilax.3491" said:

> WvW has reward tracks for skins, gift of battle and tracks for legendary armor and backpack... the loot drops isn't the reason people play it. I would argue it's actually one of the most rewarding modes, its just reallly really grindy so you need to actually enjoy it (or hate yourself) to dedicate yourself to some of the more major rewards.

>

it has that NOW... those are relatively recent additions... and even then all the improvements weren't added all at the same time. when the game launched, and for a good 2 years or so without any real meaningful change... WvW was horrid for your gold supplies. you had to repair your armor. you had to pay to start upgrades, and the bigger the upgrade, the more expensive it was. the only way to buy siege was gold from the merchant right there. couldn't even sell it to each other for a reduced rate. if you were ACTIVE in attacking and defending and upgrading, it was nothing to blow thru 10 gold or so a night just keeping everything upgraded and sieged up (more than that if you went crazy with the golems or superior siege)...and that's not even including food costs. serious WvWers were FORCED to run dungeons (the go-to cash-cow back in the day) and world bosses to make up for what they LOST running WvW. a tag cost only (only!) 100 gold... but if you wanted to tag on your alt character instead of your main? that was another 100 gold. want a gift of battle? kill enough dudes on the field to EARN your 500 badges. want a gift of exploration because you want a shiny weapon? yup... you had to explore the borderlands too.. all of them, because even tho all 3 of the BLs are the same map... each one is "different"

then, in no particular order, (but also not all at the same time, but rather in dribs and drabs over the years).. they removed armor damage when outmanned, they added vendors that let you buy exotic armor and weapons for a reduced gold cost + badges (didn't exist before.. had to buy/craft/luck into your kit), added ascended trinkets for reduced cost + badges, they removed the wvw map requirement from world exploration, they removed armor repair cost completely, they changed structure upgrades to automatic based on number of dolyak deliveries, and then finally... FINALLY... added WvW reward tracks very similar to PvP tracks...AND they FINALLY added a way to get legendary equipment from WvW

the way WvW is now is a luxury compared to how it was at the start...should have been that way all along, but eh *shrug*