How to be more unique?

coocooee.1470

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > maybe put character quality level to lowest in the options menu, so most players around you will look like generic character models

>

> You can use Balthazar outfit on a Necro/Elementalist/Mesmer

> You can use Jungle Explorer on Guardian/Revenant/Warrior

> You can use Ancestral on Thief/Ranger/Engineer

>

> So I don't think the models would really hide/show anything at all. Would I'm sure they're seeing the icons.

Outfits and armor dont show at lowest character model settings at all. [Here](https://imgur.com/a/11bWC) is a screencap of a character on lowest settings.

Those models only differ for each race and armor class, so it reveals alot less about the class. gender or elite spec than higher settings.

Class choice also isnt shown above character models, its only visible, if you target them and that can easily be avoided by not targeting other players.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > maybe put character quality level to lowest in the options menu, so most players around you will look like generic character models

> >

> > You can use Balthazar outfit on a Necro/Elementalist/Mesmer

> > You can use Jungle Explorer on Guardian/Revenant/Warrior

> > You can use Ancestral on Thief/Ranger/Engineer

> >

> > So I don't think the models would really hide/show anything at all. Would I'm sure they're seeing the icons.

>

> Outfits and armor dont show at lowest character model settings at all. [Here](https://imgur.com/a/11bWC) is a screencap of a character on lowest settings.

>

> Those models only differ for each race and armor class, so it reveals alot less about the class. gender or elite spec than higher settings.

>

> Class choice also isnt shown above character models, its only visible, if you target them and that can easily be avoided by not targeting other players.

>

>

yep yer right why i suggested it before your post everyone except you is wearing same armor weapons is only unique thing that shows. Even outfits are just this strange default grey setup with black shadow for face

Turn character models all the way down and ignore them. I mean outside of telling you what you already stated here (there are millions of characters and there's no way your character will be a unique class) it's just about getting into that mindset. I'd say your best bet would be to dress them up a bit with the transmutation charges.

> @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > maybe put character quality level to lowest in the options menu, so most players around you will look like generic character models

> >

> > You can use Balthazar outfit on a Necro/Elementalist/Mesmer

> > You can use Jungle Explorer on Guardian/Revenant/Warrior

> > You can use Ancestral on Thief/Ranger/Engineer

> >

> > So I don't think the models would really hide/show anything at all. Would I'm sure they're seeing the icons.

>

> Outfits and armor dont show at lowest character model settings at all. [Here](https://imgur.com/a/11bWC) is a screencap of a character on lowest settings.

>

> Those models only differ for each race and armor class, so it reveals alot less about the class. gender or elite spec than higher settings.

>

> Class choice also isnt shown above character models, its only visible, if you target them and that can easily be avoided by not targeting other players.

>

>

That's what I meant. I meant that there's no way he can tell what a profession is in the game without seeing the movements or the icon itself.

This means that hiding it or not won't help.

He could for example see a Mesmer with a Firebrand Axe, Scourge Torch, Reaper Hood, Exalted Top, Embroidered Pants, and whichever else and can't tell what the profession is. Same as if they're wearing outfits or if they're the placeholder models.

So hiding the models really does nothing to solve this situation.

> > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > > maybe put character quality level to lowest in the options menu, so most players around you will look like generic character models

> > >

> > > You can use Balthazar outfit on a Necro/Elementalist/Mesmer

> > > You can use Jungle Explorer on Guardian/Revenant/Warrior

> > > You can use Ancestral on Thief/Ranger/Engineer

> > >

> > > So I don't think the models would really hide/show anything at all. Would I'm sure they're seeing the icons.

> >

> > Outfits and armor dont show at lowest character model settings at all. [Here](https://imgur.com/a/11bWC) is a screencap of a character on lowest settings.

> >

> > Those models only differ for each race and armor class, so it reveals alot less about the class. gender or elite spec than higher settings.

> >

> > Class choice also isnt shown above character models, its only visible, if you target them and that can easily be avoided by not targeting other players.

> >

> >

>

> That's what I meant. I meant that there's no way he can tell what a profession is in the game without seeing the movements or the icon itself.

> This means that hiding it or not won't help.

> He could for example see a Mesmer with a Firebrand Axe, Scourge Torch, Reaper Hood, Exalted Top, Embroidered Pants, and whichever else and can't tell what the profession is. Same as if they're wearing outfits or if they're the placeholder models.

>

> So hiding the models really does nothing to solve this situation.

It could help because all classes have the same armor model even light has the same default grey armor model with a black face that a heavy class uses and a medium uses. With the setting anything except lowest, even if some people have outfits on still theres people that don't use outfits, so a light armor may draw ones curiosity over say a mesmer using balthzar outfit, just because it is relevant to his/her mesmer, armor type wise. So they click to see if its a mesmer, because it is wearing a light armor. May help one prevent clicking to check out said person or it might not, he/she wont know unless he/she tries. Lets let him/her try before we jump into a conclusion that it is not helping. In the end this is a personal mental disability he/she must overcome themselves. All we can do is give ideas for him/her to try, If nothing works what can we do?

All any of us are doing is offering up suggestions. (it's what the OP asked for is it not?) We wont know if it helps or not until he/she tries it and reports back to us right?

There is alot of variables the OP never mentioned, like what are they are doing to know one class from another? Only solution i can see with what i know from his/her posts is just quit being curious and stop clicking people. Just play the game, take it for what it is. If one can't, what more can we the community offer based on the info gaven to us?

How many psychiatrists are in this thread?

Raise your hand........

My hands are still down......

I have this issue with the story.

Back in the main game, they made **some** effort of recognizing that there isn't a sole hero which is controlled by me, there's a lot of us around. It was a minimal effort, but it was there. Much as Treehorne was criticized (and given his ridiculously bad voice-overs, rightfully so), his presence was beneficial nontheless, allowing a central NPC to be "the hero". Not me. I'm just the person who has to protect the hero so they can reach their destination unharmed.

Since HoT and especially now PoF, this has obviously gone out of the window and it seems most players prefer to be **the hero**. But personally, it annoys me. It feels weird. I'm grouped with two other players right now, how can I be "the hero"?! And them, too?!

> @"Carighan.6758" said:

> I have this issue with the story.

>

> Back in the main game, they made **some** effort of recognizing that there isn't a sole hero which is controlled by me, there's a lot of us around. It was a minimal effort, but it was there. Much as Treehorne was criticized (and given his ridiculously bad voice-overs, rightfully so), his presence was beneficial nontheless, allowing a central NPC to be "the hero". Not me. I'm just the person who has to protect the hero so they can reach their destination unharmed.

>

> Since HoT and especially now PoF, this has obviously gone out of the window and it seems most players prefer to be **the hero**. But personally, it annoys me. It feels weird. I'm grouped with two other players right now, how can I be "the hero"?! And them, too?!

I always thought this idea was weird to, never directly bothered me though. Story feels like it was meant for a single player game. i know what ya saying, I've asked myself that a couple of times because.... "LOGIC" lol. Theres been parts it be like this never been done before or something like that in dialog, I'm thinking to myself i'm pretty sure its been done thousands of times before i done it. I just chuckle and go on about w/e. I do find it cringe worthy though when a story acts like a single player game in an online game.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Tasida.4085" said:

> > > @"coocooee.1470" said:

> > > I was wondering how you guys ignore or not care about seeing the same class as yourself out in the world or doing other things. For some reason it really urks me and compels me to log out and play something else. I have OCD and I get that same compulsive feeling when seeing the same class as me when my OCD makes me perform my little rituals. If any of you guys have a way I could try to get over this little hurdle I'd really appreciate it.

> > This is actually an issue? As suggested earlier go to single player games then LOL

>

> I dont think mockng pr laughing at an annoying and often debilitating mental healh condition is especially constructive.

>

> Op, i think there is some sound advice in tne thread. Personally i go the other way and embrace it when it happens to me. It often makes me a little extra competitive as well. So if i see a character similarly built or with the same legendary, I try to outdo them. I think for me, embracng the ocd rather than worrying about it, helps me get through it a lot easier, but obv those of us who suffer, do so dfferently

I merely repeated an earlier suggestion, which may help, since it does indeed seem an issue. I just never realized people might have problems with pixels. Hence asking if this was actually an issue.

I would not have any problems with the same professions or the same builds even. I don't really care too much and the game has other ways of being your own special snowflake. (No offense intended, everyone is unique. like everyone) Like for instance with the fashion system.

* My build (Scepter/Dagger Ele) is not very common.

* My body typing is close to the default choice for male human ele, but most players won't choose a feminine looking young man anyways.

* You have many titles to choose from which can reflect your proudest achievement.

* Any combination of weapons and weapon skins with the user-friendly transmutation system.

* Did I mention selectable armor skins? Outfits? Dyes for the armor skins and for the outfits?

* Back-items like angel wings and gliders.

More then enough ways to be the char I like to be if you ask me. Then I don't mind when there may be another Elly spamming the same skills as I do.

> @"Ameepa.6793" said:

> > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > To be more unique, I suggest you get the following items:

> >

> > 1.) Twilight

> > 2.) Ad Infinitum

> > 3.) Ghostly Infusion

> > 4.) Luminescent gear (I think)

> > 5.) A Name Change into something edgy or asian-sounding and catchy but doesn't really mean anything.

> >

> > And then just stand in the middle of of the LA fountain for everyone to marvel your uniqueness.

>

> This, or if it's too hard to get, you can go with:

>

> -Skinniest human female

> -Blonde flower hair

> -Gold colored kasmeer armor

> -Bunny ears

> -Dwayna wings

> -Sunrise

I've seen these a lot in Lion's Arch (or DIvinity's Reach during the current event).

The term you're looking for is "Village... v... the Court Jester".

> > @"Ameepa.6793" said:

> > > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > > To be more unique, I suggest you get the following items:

> > >

> > > 1.) Twilight

> > > 2.) Ad Infinitum

> > > 3.) Ghostly Infusion

> > > 4.) Luminescent gear (I think)

> > > 5.) A Name Change into something edgy or asian-sounding and catchy but doesn't really mean anything.

> > >

> > > And then just stand in the middle of of the LA fountain for everyone to marvel your uniqueness.

> >

> > This, or if it's too hard to get, you can go with:

> >

> > -Skinniest human female

> > -Blonde flower hair

> > -Gold colored kasmeer armor

> > -Bunny ears

> > -Dwayna wings

> > -Sunrise

>

> I've seen these a lot in Lion's Arch (or DIvinity's Reach during the current event).

> The term you're looking for is "Village... v... the Court Jester".

Exactly, I call them The Default Human Females :)

> @"Ameepa.6793" said:

> > > @"Ameepa.6793" said:

> > > > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > > > To be more unique, I suggest you get the following items:

> > > >

> > > > 1.) Twilight

> > > > 2.) Ad Infinitum

> > > > 3.) Ghostly Infusion

> > > > 4.) Luminescent gear (I think)

> > > > 5.) A Name Change into something edgy or asian-sounding and catchy but doesn't really mean anything.

> > > >

> > > > And then just stand in the middle of of the LA fountain for everyone to marvel your uniqueness.

> > >

> > > This, or if it's too hard to get, you can go with:

> > >

> > > -Skinniest human female

> > > -Blonde flower hair

> > > -Gold colored kasmeer armor

> > > -Bunny ears

> > > -Dwayna wings

> > > -Sunrise

> >

> > I've seen these a lot in Lion's Arch (or DIvinity's Reach during the current event).

> > The term you're looking for is "Village... v... the Court Jester".

>

> Exactly, I call them The Default Human Females :)

>

>

No, those would start with a w or s and not a v or j.

In this game there isn't really a lore-related reason to think there shouldn't be other members of your profession out there. There are much worse examples in other games. For instance LOTRO, if you start as a hobbit, knowing that almost none of them are inclined to adventure, you'll find dozens of other hobbit-warriors in your area. It's distracting because it directly contradicts the lore (you even overhear npc characters talking about how they would never venture further than a mile away etc.). In GW2, I don't see any reason to think your profession is unique. In fact, if it were, it would raise questions about how you learned your skills.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> In this game there isn't really a lore-related reason to think there shouldn't be other members of your profession out there. There are much worse examples in other games. For instance LOTRO, if you start as a hobbit, knowing that almost none of them are inclined to adventure, you'll find dozens of other hobbit-warriors in your area. It's distracting because it directly contradicts the lore (you even overhear npc characters talking about how they would never venture further than a mile away etc.). In GW2, I don't see any reason to think your profession is unique. In fact, if it were, it would raise questions about how you learned your skills.

Couldn't you kind of say that already?

How does, for example, a human streetrat learn how to be an elementalist and use all those skills?

> > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > In this game there isn't really a lore-related reason to think there shouldn't be other members of your profession out there. There are much worse examples in other games. For instance LOTRO, if you start as a hobbit, knowing that almost none of them are inclined to adventure, you'll find dozens of other hobbit-warriors in your area. It's distracting because it directly contradicts the lore (you even overhear npc characters talking about how they would never venture further than a mile away etc.). In GW2, I don't see any reason to think your profession is unique. In fact, if it were, it would raise questions about how you learned your skills.

>

> Couldn't you kind of say that already?

> How does, for example, a human streetrat learn how to be an elementalist and use all those skills?

Magic is common in Tyria. How does a streetrat learn how to play soccer in real world and eventually become an internationally recognized professional player?

Luck and practice.

> @"coocooee.1470" said:

> I was wondering how you guys ignore or not care about seeing the same class as yourself out in the world or doing other things. For some reason it really urks me and compels me to log out and play something else. I have OCD and I get that same compulsive feeling when seeing the same class as me when my OCD makes me perform my little rituals. If any of you guys have a way I could try to get over this little hurdle I'd really appreciate it.

Dont play metas, make your own gameplay.

> @"coocooee.1470" said:

> > @"zombyturtle.5980"

> Yeah man logically I'm reminding myself its completely absurd to be worried about it. With how many players there are theres a very finite chance of being unique but i cant shrug it off and its really hampering my enjoyment of the game.

I can't say I understand ... you must have known going in that with millions of players and 9 classes ... you weren't going to be unique. Still, I think the best thing you can do is get a look you like with skins.