When Season Ends what should we Expect next from Anet?

zoopop.5630

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some buffs to mirage, FB, SB. Some scourge buffs sold as nerfs.

Some random thief/DD nerfs because people still don't play DE in pvp.

Some random ele buffs that don't change anything.

Some random engi buffs that won't make nether scrapper nor core interesting.

Rev deleted from game.

> @"Cynz.9437" said:

> Some buffs to mirage, FB, SB. Some scourge buffs sold as nerfs.

> Some random thief/DD nerfs because people still don't play DE in pvp.

> Some random ele buffs that don't change anything.

> Some random engi buffs that won't make nether scrapper nor core interesting.

> Rev deleted from game.

That last one would be an objectively good change.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> what should we be expecting from Anet when the season ends/new year? I'm hoping for GvG, and some more minor balance changes on the top three tier classes in Spvp.

>

> What about ya'll?

If we decide to do any form of GvG, it's not going to be soon. The current next things are matchmaking improvements, some map changes based on feedback from the discussions. Also some QoL things.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > what should we be expecting from Anet when the season ends/new year? I'm hoping for GvG, and some more minor balance changes on the top three tier classes in Spvp.

> >

> > What about ya'll?

>

> If we decide to do any form of GvG, it's not going to be soon. The current next things are matchmaking improvements, some map changes based on feedback from the discussions. Also some QoL things.

I had a question regarding thief and the recent change to camera angle not changing distance of attacks. This indirectly changed stealth stacking with black powder and heartseeker on D/P thieves. As I am sure you know that has been in game since the beginning, so why implement a change that was pretty much a feature at this point?

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > what should we be expecting from Anet when the season ends/new year? I'm hoping for GvG, and some more minor balance changes on the top three tier classes in Spvp.

> >

> > What about ya'll?

>

> If we decide to do any form of GvG, it's not going to be soon. The current next things are matchmaking improvements, some map changes based on feedback from the discussions. Also some QoL things.

You guys work so slow. There wont be enough players to do any gvg. Better work on doing 1v1 instead.

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> >

> > What about ya'll?

>

Ben can i ask why are you guys against the idea of a GvG system? Why is it always pushed back or not main focus? thank you for responding.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > what should we be expecting from Anet when the season ends/new year? I'm hoping for GvG, and some more minor balance changes on the top three tier classes in Spvp.

> > >

> > > What about ya'll?

> >

> > If we decide to do any form of GvG, it's not going to be soon. The current next things are matchmaking improvements, some map changes based on feedback from the discussions. Also some QoL things.

>

> Ben can i ask why are you guys against the idea of a GvG system? Why is it always pushed back or not main focus? thank you for responding.

Probably too late now. D:

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > what should we be expecting from Anet when the season ends/new year? I'm hoping for GvG, and some more minor balance changes on the top three tier classes in Spvp.

> > >

> > > What about ya'll?

> >

> > If we decide to do any form of GvG, it's not going to be soon. The current next things are matchmaking improvements, some map changes based on feedback from the discussions. Also some QoL things.

>

> Ben can i ask why are you guys against the idea of a GvG system? Why is it always pushed back or not main focus? thank you for responding.

We aren't specifically. While, we're not planning to have a GvG queue, I'm hoping once we get an appropriate map for 10v10 or 15v15 into custom arenas, we'll be able to have an occasional GvG special tournament. But it takes a while to get maps made and I want to get Swiss style tournaments in first. Also, 15v15 may need some UI adjustments.

Even then, I expect a lot of people will be unhappy, as a large segment of those who want GvG want the WvW rule set. Currently, custom arenas and tournaments are only sPvP ruleset.

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> >

> > What about ya'll?

>

Matchmaking is fine. This will always be a big complaint from the community because people will always prefer to blame their team instead of their own performance, but good balance, community engagement, and additions to the game mode should be the focus. Keeping PvP engaging will help matchmaking more than just tweaking the back end logic endlessly since it will give you a bigger population to generate matches from.

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > > what should we be expecting from Anet when the season ends/new year? I'm hoping for GvG, and some more minor balance changes on the top three tier classes in Spvp.

> > > >

> > > > What about ya'll?

> > >

> > > If we decide to do any form of GvG, it's not going to be soon. The current next things are matchmaking improvements, some map changes based on feedback from the discussions. Also some QoL things.

> >

> > Ben can i ask why are you guys against the idea of a GvG system? Why is it always pushed back or not main focus? thank you for responding.

>

> We aren't specifically. While, we're not planning to have a GvG queue, I'm hoping once we get an appropriate map for 10v10 or 15v15 into custom arenas, we'll be able to have an occasional GvG special tournament. But it takes a while to get maps made and I want to get Swiss style tournaments in first. Also, 15v15 may need some UI adjustments.

>

> Even then, I expect a lot of people will be unhappy, as a large segment of those who want GvG want the WvW rule set. Currently, custom arenas and tournaments are only sPvP ruleset.

Wierd. I must have missed whatever poll said people wanted the WvW rule set over the Spvp one for gvg. I'd say Spvp is better... D:

As far as the guilds that did WvW and wanted to gvg it was usually an issue of not being matched to the right server or they wanted custom number configurations (such as 15v15 or even larger back then).

> Even then, I expect a lot of people will be unhappy, as a large segment of those who want GvG want the WvW rule set. Currently, custom arenas and tournaments are only sPvP ruleset.

and yet you still plan to go that route... gotta sell those custom arena tokens huh...

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> >

> > What about ya'll?

>

Is GvG on the table as something that Anet would like to see in the game someday?

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > > what should we be expecting from Anet when the season ends/new year? I'm hoping for GvG, and some more minor balance changes on the top three tier classes in Spvp.

> > > >

> > >

> > > If we decide to do any form of GvG, it's not going to be soon. The current next things are matchmaking improvements, some map changes based on feedback from the discussions. Also some QoL things.

> >

> > Ben can i ask why are you guys against the idea of a GvG system? Why is it always pushed back or not main focus? thank you for responding.

>

> We aren't specifically. While, we're not planning to have a GvG queue, I'm hoping once we get an appropriate map for 10v10 or 15v15 into custom arenas, we'll be able to have an occasional GvG special tournament. But it takes a while to get maps made and I want to get Swiss style tournaments in first. Also, 15v15 may need some UI adjustments.

>

If it ever gets higher on the todo list pls make it 15v15 and abit easier to setup compaired to the 2v2s. Its really hard to get 30ppl in the ghs due to instance issues.

>I'm hoping once we get an appropriate map for 10v10 or 15v15 into custom arenas, we'll be able to have an occasional GvG special tournament. But it takes a while to get maps made and I want to get Swiss style tournaments in first. Also, 15v15 may need some UI adjustments.

>

1.) I'm sure you can do a small contest and have your level designers speed create a 10v10 /15v15 map in concept vote on who wins then have them improve it. Would probably be a fun project for anet. I see quality map design in this game I'm sure they can speed create. Anet definitely has map design down pat, no question about it. AAA map designers here guys as an aspiring game designer I look up to those level creators.

2.) I have no idea what you mean by ruleset however I think theres two groups that want something slightly different some who want something really resembling the gw1 format and gameplay and those who want something like wvw who have created their own concept.

Then you got me who leans towards gw1 however I see territorial gvg as the prime option for this game (I made this up specifically for gw2). Theres 3 sections of the map. Each section of the ground slightly highlights the color of the team. The mid ground is neutral and flips to winning teams color when a team pushes into the opposing players territory (aka they are winning and pushing opponents out of middle ground therefore they score middle ground and the game accurately scores who is winning in case of tiebreaker).

I explained it very quickly but I think you can pick up the concept of territorial gvg. I been preaching this on qq forums right on release of gw2 and noone really understood.

Map would be like this.

![](https://i.imgur.com/Kvqn2Yb.gif "")

For example sake my team would be taking mid from opponents right at 4:40 since pushing means winning most of the time it accurately scores on the board for who is winning :

I think you missed the most important feature: balance :)

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

Quaggan wonders, if you guys decided what you gonna do with Stronghold yet?

> @"kappa.2036" said:

>

> I think you missed the most important feature: balance :)

Ooo, but sPvP team doesn't balance.

> > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

> > Quaggan wonders, if you guys decided what you gonna do with Stronghold yet?

> >

> We have a meeting this week to pour over the feedback and match them up against our previous thoughts for redoing it.

>

Ooo, is there any chance you will share with us your plans after that meeting?

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

Can you please turn on the WvW ruleset in guild hall arenas? The audience most excited about them was the GvG audience but using the PvE ruleset means retaliation, and to a lesser extent confusion, is a much bigger problem. Retaliation was made weaker in WvW but in PvE it is full strength (which makes it full strength in guild hall GvGs). The guild hall arena is a PvP feature and it uses neither the PvP or WvW rules.

Another potential problem (I don't know if it still is) is the Season 3 downed mastery was active in the guild hall iirc. This means an elementalist that casts a lava font or meteor shower before going down can often rally right away from the passive life gain on hit from the Season 3 mastery.

Is it possible guild halls can be treated as a WvW map in terms of skill balance?

> But it takes a while to get maps made

Ben buddy, how many do people need to say this ? take a look at obsiian sanctum, recreate that, give it two spawns like any pvp maps, and you're done, you don't have to create mechanics for it, just start with that, see if WvWer enjoy that and don't mind the PvP ruleset, and then from there, you maybe start making a map with mechanics based ont he feedback that you get.

> @"Cynz.9437" said:

> Some buffs to mirage, FB, SB. Some scourge buffs sold as nerfs.

> Some random thief/DD nerfs because people still don't play DE in pvp.

> Some random ele buffs that don't change anything.

> Some random engi buffs that won't make nether scrapper nor core interesting.

> Rev deleted from game.

the rev thing not sure why you would say that. i have seen some really good ones. sure they are few and far between looks like a class that needs tons of experimenting and practice to be good at. i can see why some people enjoy it they enjoy the challenge . so i think something like a rev should stay for those types of players