Treasure Hunting Kits

ambril.6839

> @"Edds.7681" said:

> there is a treasure hunt meta event that appears in Desert Highlands. can get greater treasure boxes. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Buried_Treasure

You beat me to what I was gonna suggest, but this. You can also occasionally get elegy mosaics from them now so in the event you don't want to do Legendary bounties that's a good way to get them. It's a bit of a longer grind this way but you're not dependent on a group to get them.

> @"ambril.6839" said:

> Wow, that's a lot. I just used one that took me like 10 minutes of running across a zone to find the chest. Probably on the extreme end but even if each one took 5 minutes, it would take a whole day of nothing but using treasure kits to use up 300 of them.

Trust me I would not even waste 5 minutes using 1 never mind 300, the whole game needs a rewards overhaul, this is just another example of how the rewards team got it wrong.

> @"TheOrlyFactor.8341" said:

> > @"Edds.7681" said:

> > there is a treasure hunt meta event that appears in Desert Highlands. can get greater treasure boxes. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Buried_Treasure

>

> You beat me to what I was gonna suggest, but this. You can also occasionally get elegy mosaics from them now so in the event you don't want to do Legendary bounties that's a good way to get them. It's a bit of a longer grind this way but you're not dependent on a group to get them.

but getting to one probably takes longer than the time it takes to kill a legendary bounty and even then it is still only a chance

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > @"ambril.6839" said:

> > Wow, that's a lot. I just used one that took me like 10 minutes of running across a zone to find the chest. Probably on the extreme end but even if each one took 5 minutes, it would take a whole day of nothing but using treasure kits to use up 300 of them.

>

> Trust me I would not even waste 5 minutes using 1 never mind 300, the whole game needs a rewards overhaul, this is just another example of how the rewards team got it wrong.

This one isn't necessarily the fault of the rewards team. The bigger problem is with the mechanics of these kit.

It tales me a minute to minute and half, sometimes 2 minutes to get to each treasure chest...I have over 500 of them, and I do plan on using them during the Meta event...the Superior Chests are supposed to contain items you can't get any other way...I know they contain exotics and insignia's and inscriptions...Harriors armor too. Each chest is outlined in a blue circle on the map, I just WP to the nearest location and search from there...makes it much faster. I can get 9 or 10 Superior chests easily during the Meta...sometimes 11 if I don't run into issues with killing any enemies and can remount up right away.

I just wonder if you can get ascended weapon chests from this treasure hunt...i mean you can get them with much luck from the silverwastes...see:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lost_Bandit_Chest

I mean, ok there are not all ascended weapon chests inside the lost bandit chests, but maybe there could be some other chests in the chests from the treasure hunting kits....

then i would do it all time....

> @"Hibiskus.8294" said:

> I just wonder if you can get ascended weapon chests from this treasure hunt...i mean you can get them with much luck from the silverwastes...see:

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lost_Bandit_Chest

>

> I mean, ok there are not all ascended weapon chests inside the lost bandit chests, but maybe there could be some other chests in the chests from the treasure hunting kits....

> then i would do it all time....

In theory yes ... things that drop ascended materials are also supposed to have a chance of dropping ascended boxes but considering the rate of acquisition the buried treasures would need to have a much higher drop rate just to be on par with bandit chests.

• 1 year later...

First, everyone else should just delete theirs so when the neat things drop for me when I treasure hunt, the price remains nice and high. Second, lordy oh lordy I wish they were tradeable so instead of deleting y'all could send them to me. I have to buy them after tracking down Historian whatsherface. I usually buy a couple hundred, and they do not last nearly long enough. Eventually though, I will get a music box. Also I am delighted that they drop everywhere. Not enough everywhere, sadly, but everywhere.

I think I get enough over a week for two sessions of treasure hunting, but I treasure hunt at least once a day.

I don't use them often, but I will use them. Right now I'm saving them up so once I've got my skyscale I can go to Desert Highlands and use them during the event for bonus rewards - especially hoping for a mini djinn since I don't have any of them yet.

If you're just looking for quick ways to make gold then they're probably not a good choice, but I quite like the process of getting pointed to a random spot on the map and figuring out how to get there. Only problem for me is I can easily get distracted along the way and never actually get there, which is fine most of the time but not ideal when I'm trying to do as many as possible during the event.

Or I waste time trying to get up as high as possible so I can fly there on my griffon, then find actually I could have taken off from where I was and I'd be fine. Which is one reason I want to try doing it on the skyscale.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> Trust me I would not even waste 5 minutes using 1 never mind 300, the whole game needs a rewards overhaul, this is just another example of how the rewards team got it wrong.

I used a few when PoF was new but they never seemed worth the effort. I agree that this is another instance of the rewards not being worth the time, and in need of an overhaul if they want people to use them.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62635/superior-buried-treasure-more-valuable-than-we-thought-data-farming

with a recent-market-analysis at the end of the thread...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/943501/#Comment_943501

> @"Image.8630" said:

> Just have 1 question. WHY are we getting those kits in maps we cant use them in?

So that you have plenty, if you spend lots of time elsewhere and only want to return to DH during the 20-min event.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Hibiskus.8294" said:

> > I just wonder if you can get ascended weapon chests from this treasure hunt...i mean you can get them with much luck from the silverwastes...see:

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lost_Bandit_Chest

> >

> > I mean, ok there are not all ascended weapon chests inside the lost bandit chests, but maybe there could be some other chests in the chests from the treasure hunting kits....

> > then i would do it all time....

>

> In theory yes ... things that drop ascended materials are also supposed to have a chance of dropping ascended boxes but considering the rate of acquisition the buried treasures would need to have a much higher drop rate just to be on par with bandit chests.

Do you consider Ascended crafting recipes just as valuable? I've gotten two different ones during the last week, and that's probably only using 100 Treasure Hunt maps during the Superior Treasure Hunt event, and I still have around 1900 Kits left to use..

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Hibiskus.8294" said:

> > > I just wonder if you can get ascended weapon chests from this treasure hunt...i mean you can get them with much luck from the silverwastes...see:

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lost_Bandit_Chest

> > >

> > > I mean, ok there are not all ascended weapon chests inside the lost bandit chests, but maybe there could be some other chests in the chests from the treasure hunting kits....

> > > then i would do it all time....

> >

> > In theory yes ... things that drop ascended materials are also supposed to have a chance of dropping ascended boxes but considering the rate of acquisition the buried treasures would need to have a much higher drop rate just to be on par with bandit chests.

>

> Do you consider Ascended crafting recipes just as valuable? I've gotten two different ones during the last week, and that's probably only using 100 Treasure Hunt maps during the Superior Treasure Hunt event, and I still have around 1900 Kits left to use..

That is a bit complicated but overall not really. Their only value is how much they can be sold for because even if I want gear with the stat I can always stat swap instead.

Their drop rates were increased by the recent patch so you are much more likely to get them but that also decreases their value.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"Hibiskus.8294" said:

> > > > I just wonder if you can get ascended weapon chests from this treasure hunt...i mean you can get them with much luck from the silverwastes...see:

> > > >

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lost_Bandit_Chest

> > > >

> > > > I mean, ok there are not all ascended weapon chests inside the lost bandit chests, but maybe there could be some other chests in the chests from the treasure hunting kits....

> > > > then i would do it all time....

> > >

> > > In theory yes ... things that drop ascended materials are also supposed to have a chance of dropping ascended boxes but considering the rate of acquisition the buried treasures would need to have a much higher drop rate just to be on par with bandit chests.

> >

> > Do you consider Ascended crafting recipes just as valuable? I've gotten two different ones during the last week, and that's probably only using 100 Treasure Hunt maps during the Superior Treasure Hunt event, and I still have around 1900 Kits left to use..

>

> That is a bit complicated but overall not really. Their only value is how much they can be sold for because even if I want gear with the stat I can always stat swap instead.

>

> Their drop rates were increased by the recent patch so you are much more likely to get them but that also decreases their value.

>

Except the two I got where account bound, so only worth it to me if I didn't have already...sort of like the 5 Twins inscription recipes I received this week, useless to me as I already have it unlocked, so just wasted Ascended recipes.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > @"Hibiskus.8294" said:

> > > > > I just wonder if you can get ascended weapon chests from this treasure hunt...i mean you can get them with much luck from the silverwastes...see:

> > > > >

> > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lost_Bandit_Chest

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, ok there are not all ascended weapon chests inside the lost bandit chests, but maybe there could be some other chests in the chests from the treasure hunting kits....

> > > > > then i would do it all time....

> > > >

> > > > In theory yes ... things that drop ascended materials are also supposed to have a chance of dropping ascended boxes but considering the rate of acquisition the buried treasures would need to have a much higher drop rate just to be on par with bandit chests.

> > >

> > > Do you consider Ascended crafting recipes just as valuable? I've gotten two different ones during the last week, and that's probably only using 100 Treasure Hunt maps during the Superior Treasure Hunt event, and I still have around 1900 Kits left to use..

> >

> > That is a bit complicated but overall not really. Their only value is how much they can be sold for because even if I want gear with the stat I can always stat swap instead.

> >

> > Their drop rates were increased by the recent patch so you are much more likely to get them but that also decreases their value.

> >

>

> Except the two I got where account bound, so only worth it to me if I didn't have already...sort of like the 5 Twins inscription recipes I received this week, useless to me as I already have it unlocked, so just wasted Ascended recipes.

oh *those* recipes. I got three of those from Maw :/

I thought you meant the ones from the books which are still around 1g each.