[QOL] Crafting: option x10 en x100 craft

Dofty.9814

Hello

Like the title says.

I was crafting 2500 Mithril Ingots when I thought about a solution to speed this up.

An option to craft x10 or x100 would be a pleasant addition to the game.

What do you guys/girls think? ;-) share your opinions

Greetings

Onbekende Vlaming

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"costepj.5120" said:

> > You can click the counter and type a number; does that help?

>

> Still take a few light years to complete

Do you mean it takes light years to type a number? Because the OP seems to be asking about how to specify the quantity, not the built in time lapse that simulates the crafting effort.

> @"costepj.5120" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > @"costepj.5120" said:

> > > You can click the counter and type a number; does that help?

> >

> > Still take a few light years to complete

>

> Do you mean it takes light years to type a number? Because the OP seems to be asking about how to specify the quantity, not the built in time lapse that simulates the crafting effort.

I read it to be you tell it to make 10 at a time or 100 at a time . Like at a speed.

You have 2500 mithril, you want to make them all. You set it to 1250 ingots.

You set the speed at 10 per tick or 100 per tick so it goes by faster.

I read it to be you tell it to make 10 at a time or 100 at a time . Like at a speed.

You have 2500 mithril, you want to make them all. You set it to 1250 ingots.

You set the speed at 10 per tick or 100 per tick so it goes by faster.

<--- This, sorry for odd phrasing.

> @"Exo.2143" said:

> I think anybody who is making a legendary that requires a craft-only precursor (no collections) would welcome this update very much. I think it wouldn't harm anybody to implement this.

Mithril is hardly an issue compared to Fulgrite. Those things go at the speed of a sloth walking through tar. -_-

The problem is they changed the exponential crafting speed maximum so that crafting large quantities of things no longer crashes the game. What they could do is determine the number at which exponential speed reaches its cap (which should already be known). Then, for "orders" larger than that, have it simply "finish" crafting when the cap is reached (or some fixed number of cycles after, just to make it feel like crafting), all at once. This sets a hard cap on refinement time without removing it entirely, while still giving players a chance to "stop crafting" if they accidentally click "craft all".

Alternatively, there could be a way to "automate" mass-crafting. For example: at a special crafting machine, perhaps requiring a 400+ craft to make/use. Have it set up like regular crafting, but instead of going through the motions, it calculates how much of each material it needs and how long the craft will take (much like the Guild Hall improvement systems). A final click to confirm, and the timer ticks down while you go do Adventurer stuff. The "downside" to this could be that you would not gain XP or improve your Craft skill when auto-crafting (no loss for high-level crafters, but discouraging alts and newbies from "afk farming" Craft skill, if allowed to use the thing). Possible skinning variant: have "vendors" from, for example, Black Lion Trading Co., craft the materials for you in exchange for source mats and money, then either mail them to you or have you pick them up when it's done.

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> >

>

> It takes a certain distance to complete? How does that work? ;)

I can't craft while in Dragon's Stand. You know how far it is to walk all the way back when my Asura Gate communicator is not working.

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> >

>

> It takes a certain distance to complete? How does that work? ;)

You'll understand once you make the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs.

I tend to craft large batches in smaller bundles. Even if it says I need 1500 for the total build, it usually doesn't need all 1500 at one time, mostly only a couple hundred at a time.

Crafting is scaled in time up to a certain speed/number. The first is "X" the second is faster by "X/2," the third is "X/4," and so on. This is supposed to show that you are learning how to craft subsequent numbers quicker.

Maybe if the higher the level of crafting the faster/more you can craft at one time would show a person who can craft at the Adept level knows tricks that an Initiate or Apprentice wouldn't know.