Bring back the Dragon Shirt!

I played the beta’s, too, didn’t know until half a year later there were hats and shirts.

While I didn’t so much like this ‘phantom’ content, which came and left without any form of advertisement, i can’t say I particularly want them. They’re nice goodies, but i doubt I’d use them ingame as all my characters look “normal” for their class and race, a shirt would stand out..

But adding it to the gemstore might not be right, it was a beta-thing after all

It is understandable that some players want to have exclusive stuffs for being there in the beginning. I truly wasn't; I bought the game about Wednesday, December 19, 2012, based on how many days my account age is ~1841 days.

So I missed it! But, I could not buy the game or log in because I was deployed to Afghanistan...and this date I mentioned was close to the time when I came home. I have played GWs since June 2007. I was in Okinawa and had never played any MMOs. My main form of **gaming entertainment** was modding elder scrolls games, but when I discovered GW, I was hooked. Honestly I had heard about it ealier about the time it came out, but at the time I was not playing games.

Some won't care about any of that and will want to keep their exclusive hats/shirts, but the point I am trying to make is that some players **truly and innocently** missed the opportunity to get these items.

I don't expect hats or shirts, or boots. I am just saying that I can understand how it can be frustrating to miss out when you can't control your circumstances.

I have one and as much as I like how it’s exclusive, I haven’t really cared about it since they scrapped the town clothes system and eliminated the ability to mix and match it with other skins.

Either way, it’s been an exclusive, fancy item for long enough and I’m fine if they want to put it on the gem store.

I kind of feel like I can't comment on the shirt since I don't have it, and it seems unfair to support re-releasing exclusive items when it doesn't affect me. But in general I'd rather everyone was able to obtain the skins they want than keep things exclusive. I'm fine with making it hard to get in some way or expensive. Although if I remember right this shirt was only given away at events in the USA and Germany so most people would have had to travel to another country, potentially another continent, to get it and that seems a bit excessive.

I do have the hat and honestly I'd give mine away if I could. I actually have 2, because it was free and the game was new and I was excited. One I never even converted from town clothes and I don't think I've ever worn either of them.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> I have the hat, never got the shirt, didn't know about the shirt, since it wasn't given away in the game itself.

I think, if I'm correct, that the shirt was only handed out with codes, like if you bought a GW2 magazine in your local game store. Mostly in japan if I'm not mistaken.

> @"Mutaki Novayo.5613" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > I have the hat, never got the shirt, didn't know about the shirt, since it wasn't given away in the game itself.

>

> I think, if I'm correct, that the shirt was only handed out with codes, like if you bought a GW2 magazine in your local game store. Mostly in japan if I'm not mistaken.

>

Yes it was a code. It was given away in cons, some gaming sites also gave out codes (only learned that way after the fact), and i think there were some in-game events where GM's would hand out those codes. Just never found any myself, despite having played all betas except the first BWE (prepurchased the day it ended).

Although it would be nice to have a chance at getting those items, i won't hold my breath. I mean i KNOW Arena Net doesn't waste much love on it's older, most faithful players (just look at the Hero Edition, it contained more stuff for a lower price than the pre-purchase - only exclusive in pre-purchase was a ring iirc, or release versions).

> @"Mutaki Novayo.5613" said:

> > I have the hat, never got the shirt, didn't know about the shirt, since it wasn't given away in the game itself.

>

> I think, if I'm correct, that the shirt was only handed out with codes, like if you bought a GW2 magazine in your local game store. Mostly in japan if I'm not mistaken.

>

Yes it was a code. It was given away in cons, some gaming sites also gave out codes (only learned that way after the fact), and i think there were some in-game events where GM's would hand out those codes. Just never found any myself, despite having played all betas except the first BWE (prepurchased the day it ended).

Although it would be nice to have a chance at getting those items, i won't hold my breath. I mean i KNOW Arena Net doesn't waste much love on it's older, most faithful players (just look at the Hero Edition, it contained more stuff for a lower price than the pre-purchase - only exclusive in pre-purchase was a ring iirc, or release versions).

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Mutaki Novayo.5613" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > I have the hat, never got the shirt, didn't know about the shirt, since it wasn't given away in the game itself.

> >

> > I think, if I'm correct, that the shirt was only handed out with codes, like if you bought a GW2 magazine in your local game store. Mostly in japan if I'm not mistaken.

> >

>

> Yes it was a code. It was given away in cons, some gaming sites also gave out codes (only learned that way after the fact), and i think there were some in-game events where GM's would hand out those codes. Just never found any myself, despite having played all betas except the first BWE (prepurchased the day it ended).

>

> Although it would be nice to have a chance at getting those items, i won't hold my breath. I mean i KNOW Arena Net doesn't waste much love on it's older, most faithful players (just look at the Hero Edition, it contained more stuff for a lower price than the pre-purchase - only exclusive in pre-purchase was a ring iirc, or release versions).

>

IMO the main thing you got for pre-purchasing compared to waiting a year for the Heroic Edition was getting to play for the 1st year. Especially since most of that content was 1 time only and is probably never coming back.

Although if I remember correctly most of the Heroic Edition items were pretty pointless - some boosters and an 18 slot bag. I think the only thing worth having was your choice of the 3 GW1 gem store armour sets.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"Mutaki Novayo.5613" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > I have the hat, never got the shirt, didn't know about the shirt, since it wasn't given away in the game itself.

> > >

> > > I think, if I'm correct, that the shirt was only handed out with codes, like if you bought a GW2 magazine in your local game store. Mostly in japan if I'm not mistaken.

> > >

> >

> > Yes it was a code. It was given away in cons, some gaming sites also gave out codes (only learned that way after the fact), and i think there were some in-game events where GM's would hand out those codes. Just never found any myself, despite having played all betas except the first BWE (prepurchased the day it ended).

> >

> > Although it would be nice to have a chance at getting those items, i won't hold my breath. I mean i KNOW Arena Net doesn't waste much love on it's older, most faithful players (just look at the Hero Edition, it contained more stuff for a lower price than the pre-purchase - only exclusive in pre-purchase was a ring iirc, or release versions).

> >

>

> IMO the main thing you got for pre-purchasing compared to waiting a year for the Heroic Edition was getting to play for the 1st year. Especially since most of that content was 1 time only and is probably never coming back.

>

> Although if I remember correctly most of the Heroic Edition items were pretty pointless - some boosters and an 18 slot bag. I think the only thing worth having was your choice of the 3 GW1 gem store armour sets.

So you're saying that people should be rewarded for having chosen NOT TO SUPPORT GW2 for the first ~year of the game? And that because other people did that they shouldn't? That's the worse case of reverse logic ever, kinda reminds me when they decided the game was to be F2P and that older players would have to pay full price for the expansion. That turned out well.

Well, the armor sets are like 600 gems each, so. I'ts still a reward. And even the bags, at launch 1g was A LOT OF MONEY. In fact 1 g was so expensive that it was cheaper to buy gems for extra bag slots (with coins, not rl money) than a 18 slot bag - hence why my first character had all the bag slots unlocked until PoF came out.

No I'm not saying people should be rewarded for buying the game later. I'm saying I consider Season 1 a better reward than a 600 gem armour set.

If when I went to buy GW2 I'd been told that if I waited a year I could pay less and get the Heroic Edition extras I'd have chosen to buy it right away and play for the first year instead. (Especially since those armour sets were in the gem store from day 1 so just like your bag slot example you could have bought gems with gold and gotten the armour set long before the first anniversary if you wanted it.)