Stop complaining, discuss skills.....

Demon.6743

I admit that certain classes are OP, but by achieving a higher level of skills, still stand a chance to beat those OP classes. Instead of complaining here while Anet ignore this forum, why don't we discuss skills, tactics?

I will start with my 2 cents, I know I'm nowhere close to a skilled pvp player. So please feel free to say I'm bad.

To fight Holosmith:

1. Evade when Holo keens down, that skill is unblockable

2. Don't try to CC when they are in Holo mode, their skill 3 has 6 seconds stability same as the CD of the skill. Basically means perma stability in Holo mode. (So try to kite when they switch to Holo, if you have instant interrupt skill and fast reaction, can try to interrupt the skill 3, but it's a gamble)

3. Evade or block when they jump to you in non-holo mode when you hearing a "Yell", that skill also has insane dmg. The rocket boots has different animation and sound effect.

4. If the Holo went stealth at the beginning, depending on the distance, run to Holo after n seconds with an evade to avoid CC/first burst

To fight Spellbreaker:

1. Full counter every 10 seconds, don't try to use your burst every 10 seconds. It's ok to trigger full counter, it does not do much dmg.

2. Ranged skills need to pay attention to their shield, either activate unblockable or cancel attacking

3. Evade when you break stun, 90% of time they will use burst skill after the CC skill

4. Don;t try to fight hardcore, run back and forth, but keep some pressure.

> @"Demon.6743" said:

> To fight Spellbreaker:

> 1. Full counter every 10 seconds, don't try to use your burst every 10 seconds. It's ok to trigger full counter, it does not do much dmg.

> 2. Ranged skills need to pay attention to their shield, either activate unblockable or cancel attacking

> 3. Evade when you break stun, 90% of time they will use burst skill after the CC skill

> 4. Don;t try to fight hardcore, run back and forth, but keep some pressure.

Hahahahahaha...

Oh I have a much simpler idea that works much better when the warrior is regenerating more hp than you are doing damage alone. Just go 3v1 on the spellbreaker and you'll be fiiiiiiine, nothing unbalanced about that.

Discussing skills is lost on a large portion of the community, because it requires reading. It's much easier to fight something, lose, and come here to whine and feel validated than it is to read up on what a class can do, tweak your keybinds, and practice.

Which, to a small extent. I understand; because most people don't have lots of time to sit here learning a game just to play it, while losing and whining requires little attention and effort.

It seems the game is being balanced around those people though. It's kind of useless to discuss the advantage of refining skill, when the people who do that get punished because the strongest builds end up requiring very little skill to execute.

If balance was actually not so terrible that u need to outskill some classes by a rather far margin to win, it's not going to be productive for anybody else then the small percentage of players and I'm not talking about pro's per se, but those that are moderately invested in pvp even. however just talking about skills won't actually have any long term effects. it will allow u to beat players who were actually carried by thier class till u meet one who is actually your equal and they will start expecting your counter tactics till u even the score and start picking a build of equal power. spellbreakers will bait dodges after a cc for example or just bait dodges in general with burst cancels for example. not to mention the fact that in conquest the battle is not actually focused around 1 v 1 but 5 v5 and it's now incredibly easy for a spellbreaker to actually activate full counter.

#but y tho

>!Seriously, though, how about you actually present a remotely decent discussion topic instead of just demonizing criticism like you're CNN or something? I know it's hard because GW2 has nothing really worthwhile to discuss, but you could at least *try*. Also, the key to fighting any class in GW2 is to play super passively and poke from maximum safety until your opponent has used most or all panic buttons; then you spam the big guns. It's a really slow and needlessly awkward whack-a-mole.

> @"Nilkemia.8507" said:

> Skill? Who needs that when you can just have a hard counter/overpowered spec or just gang up on your target? PvP is good for nothing but reward tracks.

WHAT? Stratically focus a strong opponent to single out and kill first in a multiplayer fighting scenario? That is just insane./s

So... Why tell how to beat a class esp if you play it? I'm always torn, in the past many people I have tutored after claiming something was OP (but were somewhat nice about it), and they get better fairly quickly, then started realizing that thing wasn't really OP... But of course now they know how to win, and once it becomes common knowledge and teams prepare for it, it becomes a significant up hill battle for that class because you're now playing around your weaknesses even more.

However if people of the class stay quiet, others complain, A-net listens (or looks at their numbers of people struggling) until it gets nerfed.

So... Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I think this is why people just adopt the attitude of: "Git Gud Scrub"

The only things that are complete OP are Scourge AOE condi spam, FB AOE support healing and mirage 1 on 1. Druids and Spellbreakers have great sustain but do not have as much AOE or 1 on 1 killing power.

The reason they are OP is because they have little to no effective counters within the conquest game mode.

Unfortunately people are on this forums just for the sake of whining, as you can see in the replies above.

I would say Anet is doing a pretty decent job balancing classes (after the chaotic PoF launch, of course). Scourges aren't that walking nuclear warhead anymore, but they got some sustain and group support thru barriers being more effective. Spellbreakers aren't that "Invul machine" anymore too. Mirage? Ok, maybe this guys needs some nerf touch, but it's never perfect, right?

I believe people just "remember" the state of balance from when PoF launched and keep bashing while, now, it's just a L2P issue.

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> I would say Anet is doing a pretty decent job balancing classes

> I believe people just "remember" the state of balance from when PoF launched and keep bashing while, now, it's just a L2P issue.

pretty decent job balancing when rev and ele are trash, and you're guaranteed to find mirage/scourge/firebrand in any "high level" matches?

were you one of those "l2p guys" when ventari rev was a thing too?

stop kissing anet's ass and think for a bit. There's probably a reason why pvp popluation is small and horrible class balancing is likely one of them.

> @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > I would say Anet is doing a pretty decent job balancing classes

>

> > I believe people just "remember" the state of balance from when PoF launched and keep bashing while, now, it's just a L2P issue.

>

> pretty decent job balancing when rev and ele are trash, and you're guaranteed to find mirage/scourge/firebrand in any "high level" matches?

>

> were you one of those "l2p guys" when ventari rev was a thing too?

>

> stop kissing anet's kitten and think for a bit. There's probably a reason why pvp popluation is small and horrible class balancing is likely one of them.

I like how you edit my post to answer the way you like.

I'm not kissing anet's, i'm just saying that all this forum has to offer is people like you that are here just for the sake of bashing. I've said class balance isn't perfect, but they are working on it and since the terrible patch at PoF i really think things got better.

Maybe another reason for low population is the toxicity you guys keep spreading.

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > I would say Anet is doing a pretty decent job balancing classes

> >

> > > I believe people just "remember" the state of balance from when PoF launched and keep bashing while, now, it's just a L2P issue.

> >

> > pretty decent job balancing when rev and ele are trash, and you're guaranteed to find mirage/scourge/firebrand in any "high level" matches?

> >

> > were you one of those "l2p guys" when ventari rev was a thing too?

> >

> > stop kissing anet's kitten and think for a bit. There's probably a reason why pvp popluation is small and horrible class balancing is likely one of them.

>

> I like how you edit my post to answer the way you like.

>

> I'm not kissing anet's, i'm just saying that all this forum has to offer is people like you that are here just for the sake of bashing. I've said class balance isn't perfect, but they are working on it and since the terrible patch at PoF i really think things got better.

>

> Maybe another reason for low population is the toxicity you guys keep spreading.

I agree with EVERYTHING you’ve said here. Thanks. Your the type of person the forum needs :)

Spellbreakers are easy to beat in 1v1.

Everything they do is obvious and slow, you can easilly dodge it.

Plus they are easy to kite.

Something truly hard to beat in 1v1 is theives. Perma-dodge, insane damage, teleports, invisible...

The sorry arena net excuse is : ''Theif is a duelling class'' so its okay if you have no chance against them in 1v1... The sad part is the acceptance of that by the community...

Do you have hints on how to beat them m. ''pseudo-positive'' ?