Is there a playable race out there you would be willing to replace for another?

I think Kodan alone are extremely boring and uninteresting. But Norn alone are also in the brink of not being worthy... I'll fuse both races into just one, with the heroics legendary obsession on one side and the mystical patchouli shampoo speech in the other, and with the transformation as a permanent thing.

I also will be extremely happy if there weren't playable humans anymore. I think they are SO commonplace everywhere, in every game, story, movie, etc, etc, etc (Which in normal since we are human, but still) that just making them unplayable, a minor race like grawl or centaurs, would actually be an interesting twist for the setting. Also they are the most bland design in all the game...

I would prefer something truly original as a playable race. Steam creatures are the first ones that come to mind: they would need a whole new design, with an independent and unique array of armors, weapons and stuff, and even totally unique ways to use consumables... I would love to see GW2 taking a challenge like this.

Norn serve almost no purpose in the game. They are basically just "tall humans". GW1 made a big deal out of how important shape shifting was to them, both personally and for combat. I don't even think the RP folks use the horrible version of that GW2 got. So, why do we need humans and "tall humans" as playable races? We don't. Instead, they could have put in Tengu. Similar model shape to Charr, so could be 'easily' done.

Scrap the Asura. Go on. Let them go on their quest to rule all the other races with their self-proclaimed intellectual superiority. The war between them and the other races would be a cool expansion idea. And after they are soundly defeated, driven back into their underground homes as breakfast for Primordus for when he wakes up again, the Tengu can take their place in our alliance.

Edit: And Taimi can be the Asuran Ogden Stonehealer, the last of her kind.

Not too shocked on how close yes and no is as I'm sure there's quite a bit that don't like some of the playable choices, and there's quite a bit that has one (or more) of the multiple races that wouldn't want a change at all.

I'm a bit shocked how many stated the Norn though as I thought that was one of the most likes next to the Asuran.

Ain't nobody taking my kittymooses away from me!! **Nobody!** A cool beast character that isn't just an animal head slapped on a human body is a rare commodity in video games these days.

I strongly agree that more attention should be given to the existing less popular race aesthetics instead of slapdash armor copy, stretch and pasting. Maybe then those races _wouldn't_ be so unpopular-- weird, right ANet?

I am a bit biased here.

Option 1) I will replace Asura with Tengu. Because they have similar intellectual level with the rest of the races besides Asura.

Asura is high intelligence race that exceed every races in Tyria. Unfortunately we have a merged personal story that race choice doesn’t matter much after lv30, that put all 5 races to the same intellectual level instantly. Player compare to Taimi became so dumb that, seems the world got only one high intelligence Asura that is named Taimi.

As story telling, high intellectual race make excellent background supportive role. But the writer is not doing a very good job, so far all Asura besides Taimi is at human intellectual level, even Phinut! When back in season 2, Taimi explained her device: if she explained just point 1 and Phinut already able to continue with the following points. Thats made Phinut really got real deal in his head even he is bad. Well that chance was long gone.

Option 2) Tengu replace Sylvari, as Sylvari is too well received by other races as a new born race.

If i choose this option, i will let Sylvari be that mystery race that still very unknown to most common tyria dude. All races could have high hostility to them until we found that they can resist the corruption from Zhaitan. Then we gain trust from them and made them allies into fighting Zhaitan.

Until HoT, we found them actually dragon minions, and the hostility towards them risen again. We can still go through mordy with some Sylvari help, and then we beat Mordy. Sylvari no longer affected by Mordy, now they can be unlocked as the 6th race to play after beating HoT.

Well, I sometimes think perhaps Anet should move forward a bit more. I'm in Elon Riverlands at the moment and the amount of GW1 fanservice is kinda annoying me a bit (those kids quoting practically every single skill and NPC henchman there ever was in GW1). I haven't finished PoF yet (LS3/early PoF spoilers ahead) but perhaps the human gods could return one day and take humans away from Tyria and back to earth? Or settle them on some other planet? Or take them with them into the Mists. Whatever. Humans are a bit boring to me, closely followed by the Norn. Humans are busy with conflicts that will probably never end (centaurs, meh) and most Norn seem to care only about drinking ale and building their silly legend. So if any race was to be replaced I would say one of these two. I find the Largos intriguing, but I suppose I understand the importance of the Tengu and their connection to Cantha. The Kodan are probably a bit too similar to the Norn.

> @"Enoah.1956" said:

> The Kodan are probably a bit too similar to the Norn.

Not at all, I think. The Kodan are philosophers, ever striving to live in balance with nature. They feel themselves high above Norn brawls, moots and legends, since those things rarely matter in the grand scheme of things. They look at the bigger picture, while Norn culture is all about prestige and (personal) legend. I would find it very interesting to have Kodan as playable characters and see their culture and philosophy fleshed out more. But as much as I love bears, there's something about bird aesthetics that make me choose Tengu first, Kodan close second.

Sylvari and humans because to me they are the least interesting. I dont really care about their lore, and was forced to play a human through the entire first game so for me the humans are done. I've seen enough. The sylvari..? Well Let's just put it that they dont really strike me as anything unique by anymeans, they are simply elves fused with Dryads or faes. The nightmare court are your dark elves and Mordremoth was a way for them to kind of "See they are unique huehuehue" their way out of the motif that the sylvari had fallen in.

The norn were interesting in guild wars one, they were lycanthropic beings who took to their beast forms in combat and could do some serious damage. They worshiped animal spirits and were basically a fusion of Vikings, The Celts and Native americans. Sadly the incompetence of the dev team behind this game, gutted them of everything that made them unique or remotely interesting because they have to "Hello Kitty-fie" everything.

The charr, are the charr... they have sorta changed but not really in my eyes. They are still big cow kitties.

The asuran are little mini- nazi's so there is that I guess.

Rather than remove the races we have I would like for them to fix them and make them more lore friendly for what and who they are, I would like for my norn to passively every-time he enters combat to turn into his beast form. ( They went beast mode everytime they fought in guild wars one, so its safe to say that was how they were comfortable fighting. The only exception was Jora and that is because of her brother Svanir and his openness to take on jormag's power. which in turn cursed her to forever be unable of going beast mode again.) I would also like to see more races added as we go along in our journey, Kodan, Tengu, Largos, the frog people we met in HoT. The limits are endless and races like these are not often seen if ever seen in gaming, let alone playable.

But no they say its a waste of resources, which to me describes mounts as a whole as well their entire fucking plot because at this point we are just the Mary sue of this universe. "The Dragon killer/God Killer" We are literally the baddest of the bad, I Dont have faith in anything I Want to happen but I will voice it because It is my right to do so.

I would not want to see races replaced.. but added.

Why NOT add Kodan, have them stand shoulder to shoulder with the Norn, have them share the same story and everything to mesh them in quicker.

Add Largos to Sylvari dream. world, and have them come and share in the pale tree's guidance.

Add Tengu to the Char city.. In war.. my ally is anyone not my enemy, have them join and build warbands among the Charr